Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2017, 18:48   #5011
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

After much delibarations between the GT TSI and New Ford Ecosport automatic trend, I took the plunge and booked a white GT TSI. Heart won over mind. Managed to reduce 20K in insurance (28K overall including zero dep cover) and had the free essential kit thown in . Thankfully Volkswagen have got rid of the handling charges etc. Simple on-road calculation with Ex-showroom+Insurance+Road Tax. Total onroad 11L.

-Karthik

Last edited by kvish : 22nd December 2017 at 18:54.
Old 22nd December 2017, 21:27   #5012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Thankfully Volkswagen have got rid of the handling charges etc. Simple on-road calculation with Ex-showroom+Insurance+Road Tax. Total onroad 11L.

-Karthik
Congrats on the new ride. Unfortunately I had to pay some handling charges in September when I bought the car. Total onroad price came close to your's. I went for own insurance. Only issue I faced was on the accessories front. The dealer (VW Whitefield) didn't have any accessories (except mud flaps and floor mats) for Polo at the time of delivery. I opened up a request and got car cover and door moulding/protector after a month)

Last edited by Turbopetrol : 22nd December 2017 at 21:30.
Old 25th December 2017, 23:16   #5013
BHPian

Since there is no other dedicated TSI thread which I know of, I will post here. Mine is a Vento TSI one year and three months, 28,000 km. Today while on the move there was two or three beeps and message "STOP" was displayed in the space whether gear number is normally displayed. We were in crawling traffic jam at that time. There was three lanes to our left, so it was not possible to stop immediately. There was no other warning light or message. It drove normally. The STOP message went off after sometime. We continued driving normally.

What does this message mean?
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 08:46   #5014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Today while on the move there was two or three beeps and message "STOP" was displayed in the space whether gear number is normally displayed. We were in crawling traffic jam at that time.

What does this message mean?
This should probably go in the Vento thread, because it seems to me the trouble was with the gear box + clutch, based on what you've written.

The gearbox is sensitive to the strain that crawling traffic puts on it, and tends to give trouble if subjected to it frequently.

This is a guess though, so best option would be to check with VW service or read the manual.
Old 26th December 2017, 09:51   #5015
BHPian

Been hearing a lot of noise from the front suspension when going over speed breakers, my car is at 30000kms.
Is it the shockers I should get checked or the suspension bushes?
Old 26th December 2017, 10:19   #5016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Been hearing a lot of noise from the front suspension when going over speed breakers, my car is at 30000kms.
Is it the shockers I should get checked or the suspension bushes?
Could you explain the noise? Is it a"thud", "rattling" or "squeak"? Do you get any noises when you turn left or right as well at slow/higher speeds?
Old 26th December 2017, 10:21   #5017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Could you explain the noise? Is it a"thud", "rattling" or "squeak"? Do you get any noises when you turn left or right as well at slow/higher speeds?
More of a squeak than a thud, I realise this happens in most cars in winters when you start driving, but today this happened throughout my 10km journey whenever I went through a speed breaker. Also, there is no noise when turning left or right.
Old 26th December 2017, 11:06   #5018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
More of a squeak than a thud, I realise this happens in most cars in winters when you start driving, but today this happened throughout my 10km journey whenever I went through a speed breaker. Also, there is no noise when turning left or right.
If it's a squeak, it may well be the bushes. Probably hardened up or cracked. While you are at it, it may well be worth the while to check the suspension as well. It could have weakened in 30K kms.
Old 26th December 2017, 11:08   #5019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
If it's a squeak, it may well be the bushes. Probably hardened up or cracked. While you are at it, it may well be worth the while to check the suspension as well. It could have weakened in 30K kms.
Just had a word with my SA, he's a champion guy who told me at the last service at 27000kms that the suspension is holding fine.
So he said that it might be the shockers or the bushes that need greasing, the bushes may be replaced by checking on the spot.
So will drive in, in a day or two.
Old 26th December 2017, 20:55   #5020
BHPian

Is Polo GT TSI a hit in India? As per the dealer it sells very well; but then it has to be taken with a pinch of salt!
Old 26th December 2017, 23:51   #5021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
This should probably go in the Vento thread, because it seems to me the trouble was with the gear box + clutch, based on what you've written. The gearbox is sensitive to the strain that crawling traffic puts on it, and tends to give trouble if subjected to it frequently. This is a guess though, so best option would be to check with VW service or read the manual.
It is quite relevant to this thread because engine and gearbox are same, which is not the case with the Vento thread. We took it to the service centre. The engineer had no idea about the message displayed. He ran OBD but there was no error logged.
Old 28th December 2017, 07:46   #5022
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
Is Polo GT TSI a hit in India? As per the dealer it sells very well; but then it has to be taken with a pinch of salt!
May not be a hit purely based on numbers. But it is true that they comfortably sell whatever they make. Close to 5 years since launch now and even now you never get any big discounts or offers on it. A sure sign that they are able to sell well. So yes, i would say it is definitely a big hit.
Old 28th December 2017, 09:48   #5023
BHPian

While cruising on the highway (about 50-60kmph, D mode) if I suddenly floor the pedal for an overtake maneuver, the car takes about a second to respond. That is, the reaction is not instantaneous. After that one second, there is a huge power surge; but then the overtake opportunity might be lost. It is not confidence inspiring to me. Is it how the DSG is supposed to work? Any work around to improve the responsiveness while flooring the pedal while on D mode?
Turbopetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 09:57   #5024
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
While cruising on the highway (about 50-60kmph, D mode) if I suddenly floor the pedal for an overtake maneuver, the car takes about a second to respond. That is, the reaction is not instantaneous. After that one second, there is a huge power surge; but then the overtake opportunity might be lost. It is not confidence inspiring to me. Is it how the DSG is supposed to work? Any work around to improve the responsiveness while flooring the pedal while on D mode?

Yes, my GT TSI has done 43000km in 4 years and this how this DSG behaves. Two Workaround that I use:
1. Manual mode
2. Sports mode (the rev matching in S is something to experience, sometimes on a lazy commute from office to home, even at slow speeds, I drive in S and enjoy the way it rev matches as I let the throttle go...while getting down from a fly-over )

My suggestion: when you need to overtake or do a sudden maneuver to overtake, etc. just shift to S. Don't burry the A pedal in D and expect the DSG to downshift, it's not going to happen in time.
anandpadhye is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 10:03   #5025
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
1. Manual mode
2. Sports mode (the rev matching in S is something to experience, ...
+1 to anandpadhye's suggestions. On two lane roads where I have to do many overtakes, I usually put the car in Sports mode. In this mode, you get instant power for the overtakes.

There is also another way to get the car respond in D mode. It is not just flooring the pedal, but how quick you floor the pedal. If you floor the pedal in a snap, you will see the car dropping a couple of gears immediately. It still is no match for the instantaneous power available in S mode, but the response time if you snap the accelerator pedal is much faster than just flooring the pedal. Try this and let me know how you feel
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks