Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2017, 15:25   #11551
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Does the new gen Ecosport do have the engine guard issue shorted in diesel models?
I haven't yet drove or came across any.
Old 2nd December 2017, 11:15   #11552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
Does the new gen Ecosport do have the engine guard issue shorted in diesel models?
I haven't yet drove or came across any.
No one here seems to have taken delivery of the face-lifted model yet. Waiting for a user review of the new version.
Old 3rd December 2017, 19:07   #11553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
No one here seems to have taken delivery of the face-lifted model yet. Waiting for a user review of the new version.
Please refer to the facelift thread as few of our team bhpians already took delivery.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-31-lakhs.html

-Ravi
Old 5th December 2017, 21:32   #11554
BHPian

Question to the existing Ecosport owners.

I own the Facelift model and got it on Nov 24, 2017. The car has run 500kms so far.

See this post on my delivery experience:

Today, while starting the car I noticed the 'wrench' icon on the dash with a message 'please see owners manual' getting displayed on the MID. No other indicators were on except this. Being new to Ford and clueless about this symbol, I switched off the car and restarted it after a couple of minutes. This time, the symbol too disappeared along with other symbols. So I drove back home and everything seems to be fine.

I called the SA to find out what that symbol meant. I was told it is a service reminder and I didn't have to worry. Not convinced with that answer, I searched the net and there are many posts that mentioned about this issue in various Ford models mentioning incidents where the car lost power while driving. This really concerns me a lot.

After reaching home and waiting for 30 minutes, I wanted to see if the symbol appeared again. Thankfully, it did not. I then reached out to the SA and also connected up with the service person. Both of them said if this symbol appears while running then it could mean something faulty. I have been asked to check it again tomorrow.

So, the question is whether existing owners seen something like this? Is this something I need to worry about?
Old 10th December 2017, 08:01   #11555
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this is the right thread to post Ford EcoSport review for the 2017 model that I did, wanted to share with fellow BHPians:

aseem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 09:35   #11556
Team-BHP Support

One quirk or bug that I’ve recently found in the ICE is: if my phone is connected via Bluetooth and I change the music input to AUX - Bluetooth; the Apple Music app is automatically launched and music starts playing.

Not sure this should be by design.
Old 10th December 2017, 10:31   #11557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
Question to the existing Ecosport owners.

So, the question is whether existing owners seen something like this? Is this something I need to worry about?
It seems that the service center is not that interested in resolving the issue and Phone calls to the SA is not going to solve your problem.
I suggest you escalate it to Ford citing your delivery experience and the ongoing issues. The issue could be a minor one like a faulty sensor or service reminders not removed but not something you should have continously on a brand new car.
The only time I had that error message was when I took delivery, At that point the car was running on fumes and the error disappeared after refuelling.

Last edited by sansvk : 10th December 2017 at 10:35.
Old 11th December 2017, 15:31   #11558
BHPian

Headlight Upgrade to 100/90

We have a 2016 Titanium (O) Diesel Ecosport with about 24k kilometers on the odometer. As like most owners we also felt that the lights were inadequate. Initially I had no idea as to how to go about upgrading the headlights.

After extensive research here in TEAM-BHP I came to the conclusion that I have 2 options. One is to go for better bulbs in the same rating (60/55 W) using the OE holders & the other one was to go for a higher wattage bulb (100/90 W) with a relay & a ceramic holder. Finally it was decided to go for the second option as it promised more improvement at a cheaper cost but with the added risk of losing warranty.

Next step was to search the local accessories stores, to make sure that there would be no splicing of wires & we could revert back to the OE connection whenever needed. The store which did the installation advised to use Excelite wiring kit with inbuilt relay & ceramic holders with Excelite 100/90 bulbs.

Excelite 100/90 bulb
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-bulb.jpg

RELAY placed on top of the FUSE BOX
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-relay.jpg

The installation turned to be a bit complicated than initially expected . First problem we faced was the auto headlights , the store owner was unsure if the auto headlight will malfunction after the install. We initially connected the kit to check if auto headlights were working properly, luckily for us they were functioning properly.

The next problem we faced was mostly due to complex construction of the Ford . In the ecosport they have put a rubber cover over the headlight housing so that to connect the kit to the OE holder we had to make a hole in it & seal the area after installation with a tape so that dust doesn't go inside the headlight assembly.

In the ecosport the main wiring from the headlight switch is connected to a separate coupler on the outside of the Headlight assembly. On the inside a separate wiring is connected to OE holder. Whereas in a car like Maruti Zen the wiring from the headlight switch is directly connected to the OE holder, so here we can directly connect the OE holder to the headlight kit outside the Headlight cluster.

Here we can directly connect the kit to the OE holder without cutting/removing anything.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-p_20171211_095021.jpg

Here is the complicated setup of the Ecosport
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-rhs-2.jpg

The rubber cover which needs to be cut
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-trim.jpg

RHS headlight assembly
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-rhs.jpg

LHS headlight assembly
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-left-hand-side.jpg
This looks a bit more clustered than the RHS due to the fact that their is one more extra wire that connects to the OE holder from where it taps the signal as to when to switch ON/OFF, Low/high Beam.

Positive terminal connected directly to the battery
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-battery.jpg

So after all the extensive research, time, risk of losing warranty & money the upgrade as of now seems worth it. There is noticeable improvement in brightness of the Headlights but I will give my final verdict after a Highway drive at night.

COST
Relay + Bulb = Rs. 1250
Labour = 250
Total = 1500
Old 18th December 2017, 17:07   #11559
BHPian

One of relatives is looking to buy old Ecosport. He actually didn't have budget for it. But the old model is offered with a hefty 1.5 Lacs of discount which makes it an attractive buy.
We'll check the VIN, but is it a good buy in general?
Or else, should he stick to a big hatch?
Old 18th December 2017, 17:13   #11560
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
One of relatives is looking to buy old Ecosport. He actually didn't have budget for it. But the old model is offered with a hefty 1.5 Lacs of discount which makes it an attractive buy.
We'll check the VIN, but is it a good buy in general?
Or else, should he stick to a big hatch?
Wait until Jan '18 and the discounts will pile up even more. The earlier EcoSport is a very good vehicle and doesn't miss out on the essentials: be it comfort, convenience or safety features.

Of course, a lot has indeed changed; most importantly, the petrol engines, AT box and the ICE. We wouldn't know just yet how better/worse the new engines and AT box are compared to the earlier one but the ICE is indeed leap years ahead.

If your relative isn't one for novelty (of owning the latest iteration), the old EcoSport can be a good buy.
Old 18th December 2017, 17:23   #11561
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Headlight Upgrade to 100/90

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
The next problem we faced was mostly due to complex construction of the Ford . In the ecosport they have put a rubber cover over the headlight housing so that to connect the kit to the OE holder we had to make a hole in it & seal the area after installation with a tape so that dust doesn't go inside the headlight assembly.
Please make sure you go with a proper rubber seal and not electrical tape. Not a professional job by the installer. See sample image

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-sl300.jpg

Image source - Google

Also, please do check whether the headlight beam level adjustment works. I faced this issue when I went for aftermarket kit in my Ecosport.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 18:21   #11562
BHPian

Hello All,

This is further to my post last month wherein I discussed that Iam facing an issue in Audio Module in my 2013 Ecosport.

As advised earlier, due to the problem in audio module Iam not able to use the SYNC SYSTEM AT ALL. No connection, no audio, no audio on rear censors, no steering controls.
As this model is not repairable I have no other option to go back to the company to replace the part.

The Noida Ford dealer is asking for a whopping price of Rs. 41900/- plus GST for the part.

Now its a ridiculous price to get your stereo system repaired.

I really do not understand what to do!

Pls advise.
Old 19th December 2017, 00:47   #11563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Please make sure you go with a proper rubber seal and not electrical tape. Not a professional job by the installer. Also, please do check whether the headlight beam level adjustment works.
Thank you for your concern, I just checked the headlight beam level adjusters, they seem to be working fine. As for the rubber seal, until your post I didn't know such a thing even existed. Can you please provide me a link from where I could get the rubber seals for my Ecosport?
Old 19th December 2017, 10:10   #11564
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
Thank you for your concern, I just checked the headlight beam level adjusters, they seem to be working fine. As for the rubber seal, until your post I didn't know such a thing even existed. Can you please provide me a link from where I could get the rubber seals for my Ecosport?
I don't have the links. Check with the local shops as they should be having these. Else, try Ali Express.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 09:51   #11565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
Hello All,

This is further to my post last month wherein I discussed that Iam facing an issue in Audio Module in my 2013 Ecosport.

As advised earlier, due to the problem in audio module Iam not able to use the SYNC SYSTEM AT ALL. No connection, no audio, no audio on rear censors, no steering controls.
As this model is not repairable I have no other option to go back to the company to replace the part.

The Noida Ford dealer is asking for a whopping price of Rs. 41900/- plus GST for the part.

Now its a ridiculous price to get your stereo system repaired.

I really do not understand what to do!

Pls advise.
Did you try disconnecting the vehicle battery? I was facing a similar problem - the bluetooth module would suddenly stop working and the only solution to get it to work again was to disconnect the vehicle battery for 10 minutes. After 3 such occurrences, I had the entire audio control module replaced under warranty.

Since it appears that your vehicle is not within warranty, the best suggestion that I can offer you is to source the audio unit from a scrapped Ecosport and have the service center install it. Talk to the technicians at the service center; they usually have good contacts with the scrap dealers and will be able to procure the audio unit for you.

Last edited by hemant.kamat : 21st December 2017 at 09:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks