Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2021, 18:17   #12271

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Apparently the waiting period for the ES S tdci is 2 months in Hyderabad. Is it the same in other cities?
Yes the waiting period is 2 months in Chennai too.
I took delivery of Ecosport diesel a week ago , it came in with Goodyear. They seem ok but I am also planning for a Michelin upgrade in few months.
ramkumartv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 18:47   #12272
BHPian

Quote:
Apparently the waiting period for the ES S tdci is 2 months in Hyderabad. Is it the same in other cities?
Hi vnabhi,

Yes the waiting period is 2 months and more depending on the color and variant. I booked my Ecosport Titanium TDCi on 23 January and was told a wait of 90days. This is because of the semiconductor shortage and steel supply. However I am hoping to hear that I will get my car this month from the dealer on the 5th of March(my dealer receives update from Ford on 5th of every month on the list of cars they are scheduled to get that month.)
Shanksta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 18:57   #12273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkumartv View Post
Yes the waiting period is 2 months in Chennai too.
I took delivery of Ecosport diesel a week ago , it came in with Goodyear. They seem ok but I am also planning for a Michelin upgrade in few months.
Congratulations! What colour? And what variant of Michelin is good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Hi vnabhi,

Yes the waiting period is 2 months and more depending on the color and variant. I booked my Ecosport Titanium TDCi on 23 January and was told a wait of 90days. This is because of the semiconductor shortage and steel supply. However I am hoping to hear that I will get my car this month from the dealer on the 5th of March(my dealer receives update from Ford on 5th of every month on the list of cars they are scheduled to get that month.)
Wish you good luck! Which colour did you opt for? And what accessories?
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 21:13   #12274

Quote:
Congratulations! What colour? And what variant of Michelin is good?
Thanks. It is Titanium Race Red. I am looking at Michelin Primacy 4ST, which I have driven in my friend's ES, it was good.

I am planning to wait for few months to replace mine. Also, I heard there is shortage of Michelin tires in India.
ramkumartv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 23:35   #12275
BHPian

Quote:
Wish you good luck! Which colour did you opt for? And what accessories?
Thank you vnabhi ! I have booked an Absolute Black Titanium. Black takes a bit longer than other colours is what my dealer told me. For accessories I am planning to get only the door sill plates(non-illuminated), am thinking of getting the ambient footwell lights installed and some decent seat covers. Want to keep her stock and will not go for the ambient lights if it requires wire cutting.

Honestly there is nothing else needed for me in particular as the car comes with everything I want.

Other than this I will be ordering some essentials from Amazon or Flipkart. Magnetic sunshades, Dashcam, tyre inflator, etc., Am also thinking of getting the stock alloys painted Gunmetal Grey down the line. But yeah I am day dreaming now, waiting for the car to come soon.

Last edited by Shanksta : 1st March 2021 at 23:37.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 08:07   #12276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Given the fact that the ES did not sell much in November and December, I wonder why Ford is not speeding up deliveries! Quicker deliveries will surely pull some people away from the Magnite that has a waiting period of 4+ months.

Another question is on the tyres. The stock ones are mostly Good Year or MRF. But I know they are crappy on the Fiesta and Figo. I'd changed them to Michelin XM1s and Yoko Earth 1s on those cars. What brand suits the ES the best?
Yes the wait period is around 2 months in most places across India, and definitely in Bangalore. The 2020 stock is mostly over, I doubt there would be any stock left over at this time. Look at it this way - you will get a spanking new piece right out of the factory. I was insistent that I wanted a fresh piece when I picked up mine, and I got one literally as it was unloaded from the delivery truck. I had to wait a few days more to ensure this, but the feeling of doing PDI on a fresh new piece is pretty great!

I am continuing with the Goodyear Assurance that came stock with my car. No complaints so far, though I would not say that the ride is as cushiony as the Michelins on my Honda City (at the same time, the ride is not unbearably harsh either, it is quite OK). I have heard (overall) favourable reviews about the Goodyears in terms of longevity and toughness, so decided to stick with these for the time being. I am not sure about the imported tire scenario today, as I believe the shortage with Michelins etc are still prevalent in the market.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 2nd March 2021 at 08:10.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 09:46   #12277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Given the fact that the ES did not sell much in November and December, I wonder why Ford is not speeding up deliveries!
Shortage of semiconductors is at play here.

https://m.economictimes.com/industry...w/80315563.cms

Btw, are you getting an Ecosport to replace your Red Injun?

Edit: Yoko Earth 1s have a stiff sidewall which might make the ride harsh (from my experience with the tyre on my WagonR and a friend's Baleno). The tyre is noisy as well but road grip is good and keeps body roll in check.

Goodyear has a hit or a miss, with few reports of sidewall bulge or cuts in the earlier 17" wheels.

Michelin should be the way to go, IMO. Or Continental.

Last edited by ashis89 : 2nd March 2021 at 09:57.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 10:03   #12278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Goodyear has a hit or a miss, with few reports of sidewall bulge or cuts in the earlier 17" wheels.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the tires which had bulging issues were Bridgestone Ecopia in 17 inches on the Ecosport S variants. They have since been replaced with 16 inch alloys on the S variant, and the 16 inch tires are Goodyear and not Bridgestone any more.

Michelins, if available, would be a better choice obviously, but would come at a significant upgrade cost.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 10:35   #12279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but the tires which had bulging issues were Bridgestone Ecopia in 17 inches on the Ecosport S variants. They have since been replaced with 16 inch alloys on the S variant, and the 16 inch tires are Goodyear and not Bridgestone any more.
Yes, that's correct.

However I was talking about Goodyear Assurance tyres in general. You can read a few reviews on our forum, like the one below where the member faced issue with the tyre on his Creta.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4856611 (Review: Goodyear Assurance Triplemax Tyres)

My FIL has a Freestyle TDCi with same GY Assurance tyres which has done 18k kms. One of his front tyre has already been damaged with a sidewall cut.

PS: These are examples of the same tyre brand but in different sizes and used in different cars.

Last edited by ashis89 : 2nd March 2021 at 10:36.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 10:45   #12280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, that's correct.

However I was talking about Goodyear Assurance tyres in general. You can read a few reviews on our forum, like the one below where the member faced issue with the tyre on his Creta.

My FIL has a Freestyle TDCi with same GY Assurance tyres which has done 18k kms. One of his front tyre has already been damaged with a sidewall cut.

PS: These are examples of the same tyre brand but in different sizes and used in different cars.
My Ecosport came with Goodyear assurance tyres, the first set lasted for 70000Kms. Though not in the league of Michelin, I have had no issues with Goodyear. I had two punctures in the first sets, both were due to nail hit and caused a slow puncture.
I got the same Goodyear for my second set and the current Odo stands at 84000Kms.
I have taken these tyres on all kinds of roads and haven't faced any issues.
speedmiester is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 16:18   #12281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shortage of semiconductors is at play here.

https://m.economictimes.com/industry...w/80315563.cms

Btw, are you getting an Ecosport to replace your Red Injun?

Edit: Yoko Earth 1s have a stiff sidewall which might make the ride harsh (from my experience with the tyre on my WagonR and a friend's Baleno). The tyre is noisy as well but road grip is good and keeps body roll in check.

Thanks. I am aware of Yoko Earth1s, as I have them on the Figo. The Michelin XM1s earlier were quieter and gave better FE on the highway, but I'd suffered a couple of sidewall cuts on them due to careless driving by my son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
My Ecosport came with Goodyear assurance tyres, the first set lasted for 70000Kms. Though not in the league of Michelin, I have had no issues with Goodyear. I had two punctures in the first sets, both were due to nail hit and caused a slow puncture.
I got the same Goodyear for my second set and the current Odo stands at 84000Kms.
I have taken these tyres on all kinds of roads and haven't faced any issues.
How much did you pay for them? I had Goodyears on my M800 a couple of decades ago, but I was not happy with them. Things might have changed now.
Old 2nd March 2021, 17:27   #12282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
T
How much did you pay for them? I had Goodyears on my M800 a couple of decades ago, but I was not happy with them. Things might have changed now.
I paid about 4800/- per tyre. I got 4 tyres as the spare was never used.
Old 2nd March 2021, 19:08   #12283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I paid about 4800/- per tyre. I got 4 tyres as the spare was never used.

Are the wheels 15" or 16? If it is the latter, the price looks good.

I spoke to a couple of tyre dealers, and both have confirmed that imports of all tyres is banned for nearly a year---Michelin falls under that category. Only made in India, but originally foreign, that are available are Continental, Yokohama and Bridgestone.
Old 2nd March 2021, 19:13   #12284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are the wheels 15" or 16? If it is the latter, the price looks good.

I spoke to a couple of tyre dealers, and both have confirmed that imports of all tyres is banned for nearly a year---Michelin falls under that category. Only made in India, but originally foreign, that are available are Continental, Yokohama and Bridgestone.
It's 16 inchers. I got it last year in Feb.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 21:47   #12285
BHPian

Everyone looking for a tyre upgrade, have a look at the Continental UC6. It's a fantastic tyre, almost as quiet and comfortable as a P4ST, yet offers better grip and braking performance. It's cheaper as well. I've been running it in my Race red Ecosport Titanium for almost 6k km now, no complaints so far.
I was using Yoko RV02 earlier, which were a little worse in every aspect, slightly noisier, slightly harder, but had a slightly superior steering feel.
DrAakash is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks