Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2021, 22:49   #1486
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by trichy View Post
Was driving from Kochi to Puducherry yesterday and the cooling effect of the AC was great from till about 11:30 AM. From 11:30 till 3:30 PM, the heat became unbearable and had to resort to switch off the windows and keep the windows open..
Most likely the AC gas is not sufficient and you need to top it up. Current levels are at a lower side and hence it's able to balance the heat until 1130 AM / post 330-4 PM. Top it up along with an ac service shall resolve it. Approx cost ~1K.

Monitor it for about a week. If it starts going down again, get the condenser checked.
ShankarG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 23:31   #1487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
Most likely the AC gas is not sufficient and you need to top it up. Current levels are at a lower side and hence it's able to balance the heat until 1130 AM / post 330-4 PM.
Prior to that please check coolant, check for working of cooling fan and also get radiator fins cleaned, firstly by waterjet, followed by wire brush depending on amount of dirt. If you still face problem, go refrigerant check.

Last edited by Wanderers : 1st March 2021 at 23:32.
Old 14th March 2021, 00:25   #1488
BHPian

My 2015 Grand i10 Asta AT was last serviced in Sept 2019 at 25k kms. Due to covid, hardly driven in last 12 months.

Looking to service now - what should I expect to be in the service (and how to identify and decline unnecessary suggestions by the eager service advisor). Request guidance.

#CovidServiceDelay
Old 14th March 2021, 10:06   #1489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadFiend View Post
My 2015 Grand i10 Asta AT was last serviced in Sept 2019 at 25k kms. Due to covid, hardly driven in last 12 months.

Looking to service now - what should I expect to be in the service (and how to identify and decline unnecessary suggestions by the eager service advisor). Request guidance.

#CovidServiceDelay
Even if the car has not been used, stil it is better to get it serviced regularly (once a year). Things to be serviced/checked apart from general service - engine oil, coolant, battery, brake pads, tyre(if car has been standing at one place for long duration, check for any sign of minor cracks to side walls etc). You can avoid wheel alignment and balancing if the car has not run a lot.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 13:11   #1490
BHPian

Am going to complete 7 years in a month with my Grand i10. It's a shade below 50k kms. Thanks to the virus, had the car serviced in October 2020 - a full 18 months after the prior service.

Have been having AC problems since March 2020. Got a big FAT estimate at the time of service a few months ago based on some questionable diagnosis - cooling coil, condenser, compressor on last legs etc etc.

I did consider GoMechanic for a while but conversations and reviews were not very confidence-inspiring. Finally got around to sorting it out a few days ago, from another Hyundai service center for considerably less (Evaporator, gas, labour and some tweaks to compressor). AC is top notch now, all set for Delhi summers. Had another issue with keyless system which was not working - was using manual key. This too got sorted out, not sure what they did - they took both keys replaced the batteries, and did some reset I think. Although I had changed the key fob cells myself a few times in the past few months, didn't work.

For folks living in Gurgaon, do consider Professional Engineers Services for your Hyundai, based on my AC repair experience and based on the experiences of of my friends, have got pretty decent feedback.

Last edited by promit : 18th March 2021 at 13:27.
promit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 13:41   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Had another issue with keyless system which was not working - was using manual key. This too got sorted out, not sure what they did - they took both keys replaced the batteries, and did some reset I think. Although I had changed the key fob cells myself a few times in the past few months, didn't work.
A friend of mine has the same issue with the remote key, post her car came back from service.

Battery replacement did not help. The local watch repair guy, who replaced the battery, mentioned that the IC board on the remote has gone kaput! It is quite surprising how it just stopped working suddenly. I tried interchanging the battery with my wife's keys (also a grand i10), but it didn't help. Do you know how did they do the reset!?

Btw, the remote keys in question are the ones with physical keys, for ignition.
avinash_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 15:38   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
A friend of mine has the same issue with the remote key, post her car came back from service.

Battery replacement did not help. The local watch repair guy, who replaced the battery, mentioned that the IC board on the remote has gone kaput! It is quite surprising how it just stopped working suddenly. I tried interchanging the battery with my wife's keys (also a grand i10), but it didn't help. Do you know how did they do the reset!?

Btw, the remote keys in question are the ones with physical keys, for ignition.
Hmm wish I could be of more help, I didn't really ask too much. My key is for the push button start type. Initially, like you, I replaced the coin battery myself to no avail. Dealership 1 was useless, lots of back and forth, started working intermittently. I was told there was a loose connection in the car (receiver) and some wiring issue and would require me to send the car again one more time to investigate etc. I eventually gave up.

Guy at Dealership 2 was more proactive. Insisted on taking duplicate keys along with car for some 'reset'. They charged me 600 for two Hyundai Genisis branded battery transmitters. I feel perhaps they disconnected the car battery and did some hard reset too because the car clock and tripmeter were zero when I got it back.

Would suggest to get some knowledgeable service folks involved. Might be something very minor for all you know. One of my keys has been through the wash a couple of times and it works just fine, so I guess they are a bit hardy.
promit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 21:59   #1493
BHPian

Dear all. I faced an unexpected issue today with my 2014 Grand i10 CRDI 84k on the odometer. All services done perfectly on time with almost zero issues till date.
Took her to a nearby mall and everything was perfectly fine. As I exited the mall and was waiting in the parking payment queue, the steering suddenly became extremely hard. At first it felt like a punctured deflated tyre but I realised the EPS steering light got illuminated. Slowly dragged the car out of the way and restarted a few times but no luck.

Did a quick search online and found a possible reason as EPS motor failure. Checked underneath and found black oil under body so a possibility of EPS oil leakage. Somehow managed and got the car back home with a non powered steering control.

Please assist with the following queries-

- is the car safe to drive to a nearby service station (5-6 KMS away)
- can this be shown to a non company service center? I don't know any reliable garage so should a chance be taken?
- what can be an approximate expenditure for EPS Motor replacement?
- Can the power steering oil leak to the underbody suddenly out in a well maintained car? or can that be a different problem of oil leakage?
- can this be any another problem?

Please help with your valuable suggestions.
Thank you
Old 20th March 2021, 14:41   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
Dear all. I faced an unexpected issue today with my 2014 Grand i10 CRDI 84k on the odometer. All services done perfectly on time with almost zero issues till date.
Took her to a nearby mall and everything was perfectly fine. As I exited the mall and was waiting in the parking payment queue, the steering suddenly became extremely hard. At first it felt like a punctured deflated tyre but I realised the EPS steering light...
Turns out, it the EPS module went kaput. Went to a garage in local market and a refurbished EPS module was installed. A new one at Hyundai costs over 10K plus GST. Cost of part 2500 (refurbished with labor) and comes with a 3 month guarantee. Took my chances due to exorbitant pricing at HASS was difficult to digest.

Image of replaced unit:
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20210320_1148372.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 11th May 2021 at 18:11. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
ShankarG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 11:49   #1495
BHPian

Updated my new tyre experience

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post5051324 (Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)
Old 11th May 2021, 17:59   #1496
BHPian

I'm having a problem in my 2018 Grand i10 Asta. Whenever I unlock the car, there is a continuous beep similar to the door ajar sound when the driver's door is open with the ignition on (but it is a continuous beep instead of the intermittent beep). The sound stays on the entire time even when driving and only goes away after locking the car. Anyone have a solution to this?

Last edited by aah78 : 11th May 2021 at 18:11. Reason: Spacing.
Old 10th July 2021, 13:27   #1497
Team-BHP Support

Grand i10 brakes: Bite is too sharp and abrupt.

Have been meaning to ask this for a while now. We have a June 2018 Automatic Grand i10. I find the brakes have a really sharp, abrupt and sudden bite to it somewhere midway along when you press the pedal. I always struggle to adjust to it on the rare occasions I drive this car.

It’s been this way since we bought it and remains so even post routine servicing etc.

Has anyone else also noticed this about the Grand i10? I don’t think its unique to my particular car but just wondering what other users think of it.

Thank you.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 13:58   #1498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
You are right. Many users have reported this. I hated it initially but (somewhat) got used it even while switching between this and my other car.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4722194 (Difficulty level in switching between multiple cars from the same garage)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post3540734 (Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review)
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 14:12   #1499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

We have a June 2018 Automatic Grand i10. I find the brakes have a really sharp, abrupt and sudden bite to it somewhere midway along when you press the pedal. I always struggle to adjust to it on the rare occasions I drive this car.

Has anyone else also noticed this about the Grand i10? I don’t think its unique to my particular car but just wondering what other users think of it.

Thank you.
I too have same issue with my 2014 sportz manual model. It is more pronounced and irritating at lower speeds and many a times i have got hit from behind due to sudden braking. I also hear a screeching noise as if the brake pads are grinding. I have raised this issue every time with the HASS but they don't seem to recognize this as an issue. May it is normal characteristic of Hyundai cars. I keep servicing the brakes at every service but still no improvement.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 21:46   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Axe77,
Grand i10's brakes have a strong bite in them. Its quite different from other Hyundai cars. I got used to it & never faced any issue.

Also, quoting few posts from Official Review thread & Dr. Naren's thread highlighting the same:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We've never had an issue with the brakes of Hyundai cars and the Grand i10 is no different. The brakes work as expected in terms of pedal feel & capability. Although some might find the bite to be a bit too sharp, it's easy to get a hang of. Replicating an emergency braking manouveur from 90 kph, the Grand i10 stopped in a straight line without drama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Grand i10 brakes have very aggressive initial bite. People who drive the car first time find it very uncomfortable. It's just getting used to. For minor braking, You just have to keep the foot on brake pedal and not press it hard . Yes, My car has ABS. Even ABS is way too sensitive.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks