Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2015, 11:03   #796
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Hi, Finally got my Elite fitted with the DRLs and Brake light flashers.
Was done in a car modelling workshop. They did the DRL without cutting any wires. Directly Tapped from the battery with extra fuse for protection.
Regarding the break light flashers, they had to solder it with the back break light connection :( WIRES NOT CUT :P
Old 20th June 2015, 22:27   #797
Senior - BHPian

Elite Owners, What is the Body Type mentioned on your RC? Is it Hatchback or Saloon?
Mine it is mentioned as Saloon.
Old 20th June 2015, 22:45   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Mine it is mentioned as Saloon.

In mine as well its a Saloon, not sure if they at all mention a hatchback altogether.
Old 21st June 2015, 00:57   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Hi, Finally got my Elite fitted with the DRLs and Brake light flashers.
Was done in a car modelling workshop. They did the DRL without cutting any wires. Directly Tapped from the battery with extra fuse for protection.
Regarding the break light flashers, they had to solder it with the back break light connection :( WIRES NOT CUT :P
That's awesome. Could you share some images in action and costs for the same please? Also, do share images of the wires for us to replicate the method.
Old 22nd June 2015, 14:21   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
That's awesome. Could you share some images in action and costs for the same please? Also, do share images of the wires for us to replicate the method.

Sure. It cost Rs. 400 for me. 2 Auto electricians were involved in the process. I fixed DRLs in the front on either sides of the Hyundai emblem. That is a single piece plastic which is bolted on top, inside the hood. All the bolts were removed to take wires into the engine bay. They fixed a switch inside the car Dash (On the fuse box cover plastic - The only part I disliked) and connected the switch with the DRLs. One part of the switch was grounded and the DRLs were grounded too. Other part with the battery. Now coming to the brake light, they removed one of the tail lamp assembly and soldered two wires on the pins. There is a shallow hole inside the car's body where the tail lamp cavity is there. It extends upto the bumper portion. So the wires were made to run through that hole. So the only portion where cutting was done was on the fusebox cover. Also for the DRL, a fuse was fixed for added protection. Incase, the DRL lead gets shorted, the battery will be fried. To prevent it. I will throw in some snaps shortly
Old 22nd June 2015, 14:52   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Sure. It cost Rs. 400 for me. 2 Auto electricians were involved in the process. I fixed DRLs in the front on either sides of the Hyundai emblem. That is a single piece plastic which is bolted on top, inside the hood. All the bolts were removed to take wires into the engine bay. They fixed a switch inside the car Dash (On the fuse box cover plastic - The only part I disliked) and connected the switch with the DRLs. One part of the switch was grounded and the DRLs were grounded too. Other part with the battery. Now coming to the brake light, they removed one of the tail lamp assembly and soldered two wires on the pins. There is a shallow hole inside the car's body where the tail lamp cavity is there. It extends upto the bumper portion. So the wires were made to run through that hole. So the only portion where cutting was done was on the fusebox cover. Also for the DRL, a fuse was fixed for added protection. Incase, the DRL lead gets shorted, the battery will be fried. To prevent it. I will throw in some snaps shortly
Can you please share pictures? It will help us do a neat job with our i20s too...
Old 22nd June 2015, 15:43   #802
Distinguished - BHPian

The Elite i20 has crossed the 1,00,000-sales mark in ~11 months, according to an official Press Release by Hyundai India. A consistent performer in the top 10 cars of the month (according to monthly sales) since it's introduction in August 2014, the Elite i20 has seen numbers over 10,000 each month for the past 4 months.

A new variant of the Elite i20, with a touchscreen infotainment system, is due to be launched next month to take on the 2015 Honda Jazz.

Official Press Release:

Quote:
Hyundai Elite i20 “Super Performer Brand” Achieves 1 lac milestone in 11 months

No. 150
2015-06-22

- Indian Car of the Year 2015: Elite i20 is the finest expression of “New Age Hyundai”-
- Established Strong Connect and became Preferred Choice of Indian Youth for premium Hatchback-

New Delhi, 22, June 2015: Hyundai Motor India Ltd, the country’s leading premium vehicle manufacturer and the largest passenger car exporter, has achieved yet another milestone for the Elite i20 cumulative sales of 100,000 units in India.
Marking the World Premiere of the 2nd Generation of i20 in India on August 11, 2014, this landmark figure was achieved within the 11 months of launch.
Winning 25 awards in the year 2014-15 including the prestigious Indian Car of the Year (ICOTY) 2015, the un-compromising Elite i20 has been the most recognized and awarded car of the year 2014-15.
Elite i20 is the only product to achieve an outstanding sales mark in the industry, further strengthening Hyundai’s position as a premium car manufacturer in India across segments. Elite i20 has struck a chord with Indian customers who have desired for high-tech product that delivers superior quality and excellent value, while emphasizing distinctive style and dynamic driving performance. Elite i20 sets new premium standards and recognition in terms of design, safety and innovation. Premium hatchback’s engines and transmissions boast major engineering and has incorporated new technologies.
Celebrating this moment of success, Mr. B S Seo, MD & CEO, HMIL said, “We are overwhelmed with the customer’s response by receiving over unprecedented 100,000 sales for the Elite i20 in 11 months. This reflects the strong customer connect and confidence on Hyundai products. We thank customers, channel partner, employees and media who have chosen our product Elite i20 making it as a super performer brand in India and who have contributed to this landmark achievement.”
Elite i20 created a new benchmark in the automotive industry by foraying into the list of top 10 most selling brands in India within the second month of its launch. It also received wide appreciation and acceptance by the Indian audience owning to its premium ownership experience, features and technology offering higher value proposition.
The Elite i20 has a strong fan following and is seen as “Elite companion”. Hyundai’s signature design language, the Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 has captured the attention of customers and has created a new design benchmark in the segment, setting a trend of future cars that Hyundai is making for global markets.
The frugal diesel and petrol engines in the Elite i20 are true examples of engineering excellence of Hyundai Motor Company. The engines offer best in class mileage of 18.60 kmpl (Era/Magna - ARAI Certified) 1.2 Dual VTVT Kappa petrol and a mileage 22.54 kmpl (Era/Magna – ARAI Certified) for the powerful and refined 2nd Generation U2 1.4 CRDi diesel engine. The new Elite i20 offers a bold design, stunning looks and strong driving dynamics.
Hyundai India
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 18:23   #803
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Celebrating this moment of success, Mr. B S Seo, MD & CEO, HMIL said, “We are overwhelmed with the customer’s response by receiving over unprecedented 100,000 sales for the Elite i20 in 11 months. This reflects the strong customer connect and confidence on Hyundai products. We thank customers, channel partner, employees and media who have chosen our product Elite i20 making it as a super performer brand in India and who have contributed to this landmark achievement.”
How about gifting something to your customers as you celebrate this landmark, Mr. Bo Shin Seo?

The best gift would be equipping the Era & Magna variants of Elite i20 and the Base variant of i20 Active with a driver airbag, and the Sportz(O) variant with a passenger airbag.
RSR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 22:22   #804
Distinguished - BHPian

Is Hyundai already planning for a facelift of the Elite? Spy pictures in Europe indicate thus!

Quote:
the recently spied model hides a redesigned grille under the black camo layer,

Also, the interior was covered up, so we expect some design changes to be made in this area as well.
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-spyshotshyundaii20prototypespiedwethinkitsafaceliftedversion_1.jpg
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-spyshotshyundaii20prototypespiedwethinkitsafaceliftedversion_3.jpg
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-spyshotshyundaii20prototypespiedwethinkitsafaceliftedversion_6.jpg

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/sp...on-96962.html#
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 22:44   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Is Hyundai already planning for a facelift of the Elite?
Does the 'Blue' badge indicate it to be an Elite i20 AT to counter the Jazz AT ?
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 22:49   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
Does the 'Blue' badge indicate it to be an Elite i20 AT to counter the Jazz AT ?
That will surely be a good move. I hope they mate it to the 6 speed AT found in Verna rather than the more rudimentary 4 speed AT from their lesser models. But that is unlikely, given that even in UK, they offer the 4 speed auto.

It would broaden the appeal of an already successful car though, even with the 4 AT
Old 22nd June 2015, 23:15   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
That will surely be a good move. I hope they mate it to the 6 speed AT found in Verna rather than the more rudimentary 4 speed AT from their lesser models. But that is unlikely, given that even in UK, they offer the 4 speed auto.

It would broaden the appeal of an already successful car though, even with the 4 AT
What is with Hyundai and 4-speed ATs? Can't they at least slip in a 5-speed, if not 6-speed? 4-speed sounds so early 90s. I mean they load up their car to the gills and make it look chic and snazzy and then they go ahead and fit a 4-speed AT. It beats me. Strange are their ways indeed.
pgsagar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 23:33   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Is Hyundai already planning for a facelift of the Elite? Spy pictures in Europe indicate thus!
Too early for a facelift, I would guess. However, seeing the "blue" badging in the rear, I will make a wild wild guess. Is Hyundai testing a i20 EV or i20 Hybrid?? Toyota uses a blue logo for its Hybrids and I guess Hyundai might be following the trend.

A small google search on these lines led me to this link - about Hyundai BlueOn, which is Hyundai's electric car. Is Hyundai making a i20 derivative based this car?? Electric cars usually have futuristic dashboards with fancy display and touch-screen interfaces - that could be the reason why the interior was covered up. Also, the charging point might be on front - probably the reason why there is heavy camo on the front.

I think it will be too much for Hyundai to test the car in Europe to rival the Indian Jazz - Also, European i20 already gets Auto box and the badging blue for Auto box does not make much sense to me.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 09:47   #809
BHPian

The fitment details of the DRLs Installed. Please forgive me, I cant give a detailed pictorial as the workshop work was so nice that I can even spot wires at places.

1. THE CAR (Actually it looks so nice in real world. Photos just dont do justice)

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20150622_173658987.jpg

2. BONNET OPEN (Cant see additional wires on first look)

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20150622_173510475_hdr.jpg

3. Additional Switch for the DRL (On the fusebox) The only part I hated:

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20150622_173633375.jpg

4. Wires tapped directly from the battery:

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20150622_173602799_hdr.jpg

5. Wires running under the grill

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20150622_173522855.jpg

Mod Note : It is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here to view our pictorial help article on uploading pics.

Please submit images ONLY via the Team-BHP Attachment System.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd June 2015 at 11:49. Reason: Please refer the note posted above.
Old 23rd June 2015, 10:20   #810
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
The "Blue" badge is used by Hyundai on variants with low CO2 emissions.

I think this partly camouflaged test mule has the 1.0 Kappa T-GDI under its hood. In the first picture, a vertically stacked intercooler is clearly visible behind the new front grille.

Last edited by RSR : 23rd June 2015 at 10:24.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks