Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2015, 12:43   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
My car is around same ODO reading you mentioned but no such sound I am hearing with my car. In fact I see that after highway runs, the engine is much smoother and not much noise at idle state as it used to be earlier. May be just perception that I am getting used to the noise
Yes the engine has got smoother, And the car runs perfectly fine, Its just this knocking/Clicking sound which is fairly loud from the outside which isnt normal, There is no error on the instrument cluster as well, Since the 10k servicing is close by will show them the issue, Was just curious since last night about the sound though.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 16:03   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
After clocking just about 9000 Kms, The car has developed a knocking/Clicking sound from the engine bay which is very audible from the outside even when the car is stationary, Any idea anyone?
Hello Tanveer,

Are you referring to a sound that tappets create in old Enfield bullets during idle? My car has also completed 9000 kms and have similar sound. I am planning to report it during second service.
S5157 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 16:51   #813
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And the car runs perfectly fine, Its just this knocking/Clicking sound which is fairly loud from the outside which isnt normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
Are you referring to a sound that tappets create in old Enfield bullets during idle? .
There as a recall from M&M around August 2014 for vacuum pump. The recall was limited to one batch of vacuum pump which causes noise from engine and may cause engine failure in long run.

This was related to vehicles manufactured in May- June 2014. I guess both your vehicles are face-lifted 2015 models, however do get the issue checked since it may be major.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 18:13   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Tanveer,

Are you referring to a sound that tappets create in old Enfield bullets during idle? My car has also completed 9000 kms and have similar sound. I am planning to report it during second service.
Yes very much like that sound, Started the car again today hoping the sound won't come again but unfortunately it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
There as a recall from M&M around August 2014 for vacuum pump. The recall was limited to one batch of vacuum pump which causes noise from engine and may cause engine failure in long run.

This was related to vehicles manufactured in May- June 2014. I guess both your vehicles are face-lifted 2015 models, however do get the issue checked since it may be major.
If there would have been a recall i am sure Mahindra would have contacted the affected vehicles by now, But cannot be 100% sure of it, Will contact the service centre tomorrow to ask about any such recall, Or else will take the car to the service centre before it turns out to be something big.
Old 27th October 2015, 05:13   #815

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hi Maneesh, did you upgrade your headlights? If yes, how much did it cost you? Can you post some pictures?
Finally did the upgrade. Installed OSRAM H7 4200K for Low beam. Costs Rs.10,500. Yes there is an improvement in throw and it looks good as it is more whiter than stock halogen.

However, there is a shadow on left beam which is quite disturbing.
The guy who fixed the HID, told it was there earlier also and is quite visible in the brighter light. I need to check with the service center on this. Not sure whether they are going to tell that it is the problem with HID

Will try to get some proper pictures of the throw shortly.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20151026-17.22.12.jpg
Maneesh.MK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 07:47   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Members from Hyderabad/Secunderabad I need some help. I have just got my permanent registration number and want to get a new set of number plates for my new age cheetah. What is the best place in Hyd/ Sec' bad for quality and variety of number plates. Also what is the best kind or type of number plates which will look good on a moondust silver cheetah. I don't want anything crazy looking. Regards
Isn't the RTO fixing the number plates? I was told that they are fixing a holographic sticker based number plate on new registration which will help in identifying the owner and for tampering. This number is permanently fixed by them. If this is the case then you will have no option. Correct me if I am wrong.
atulsian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 10:47   #817
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneesh.MK View Post
Good upgrade. Cost inclusive of fitting and procurement?

Can you post the pictures? Is that the projector cut off that is more visible now? It's feature to reduce glare on oncoming vehicles. Post pictures so we know what you are referring to.
Old 27th October 2015, 16:26   #818
KAN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_iv View Post
Any recommendations for a good wheel balancing & alignment place in Gurgaon?
There is a tire shop at Sikanderpur market (near GDC metro station), it has a big Bridgestone board, I think its called T-Mart or something.
Found them to be good and value. They have a large basement and staff is good.
KAN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 21:59   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulsian View Post
Isn't the RTO fixing the number plates? I was told that they are fixing a holographic sticker based number plate on new registration which will help in identifying the owner and for tampering. This number is permanently fixed by them. If this is the case then you will have no option. Correct me if I am wrong.
Yes you are right in Telangana, RTO is fixing the plates, but my car has been registered at Pondicherry and they have not yet started with HSRP. I just wanted to get a number plate on the car till HSRP came into being. Since I am presently located at Secunderabad hence was enquiring for a fabricator. Finally got the plates done from a shop at Manju theatre complex in front of Taj Tristar hotel. A simple legally valid polycarbonate number plate adorns the cheetah now.
RajeVenu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 15:07   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally did the upgrade. Installed OSRAM H7 4200K for Low beam. Costs Rs.10,500. Yes there is an improvement in throw and it looks good as it is more whiter than stock halogen.
Good upgrade Maneesh Can you post some comparison pics please?

Did you try out any other options apart from OSRAM?
Old 29th October 2015, 04:21   #821

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Good upgrade. Cost inclusive of fitting and procurement?

Can you post the pictures? Is that the projector cut off that is more visible now? It's feature to reduce glare on oncoming vehicles. Post pictures so we know what you are referring to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Good upgrade Maneesh Can you post some comparison pics please?

Did you try out any other options apart from OSRAM?
@abirnale,
Yes the kit costs 10,500 and fitment was free of charge by the vendor.

@fusionbang,
Only option available was Philips 6000K. And as per SDP's and many other's posts, I decided to go for 4200K. Unfortunately I don't have a comparison picture with old headlight.

In this snap you might be able to figure out the whitish beam.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20151028-16.36.11.jpg

These are the problems with my headlight. Some kind of "growth like" stuff and a shadow. I have noticed this growth months ago, but didn't gave it much care. But the shadow is very disturbing and is much visible with the new beam. So today I went to dealership and had a check with RM. Fortunately they accept that as a manufacturing defect and agreed to replace the left headlight unit under warranty.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20151028-16.33.32.jpg
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20151028-16.33.59.jpg
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20151028-18.40.23.jpg
Maneesh.MK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 03:59   #822
BHPian

Quote:

If there would have been a recall i am sure Mahindra would have contacted the affected vehicles by now, But cannot be 100% sure of it, Will contact the service centre tomorrow to ask about any such recall, Or else will take the car to the service centre before it turns out to be something big.
Hello Tanveer,

Did you had a chance to check with the service center. The sound seems to have increased in my XUV and it is more during idle or while starting to apply the throttle.
Old 30th October 2015, 10:40   #823
BHPian

Quote:

The guy who fixed the HID, told it was there earlier also and is quite visible in the brighter light. I need to check with the service center on this. Not sure whether they are going to tell that it is the problem with HID

Will try to get some proper pictures of the throw shortly.

Attachment 1431440
They are most probably going to pin it down to the HID upgrade. I am sure the result of these lamps would be worth the money. What was the MRP written on the box? Actually a distributor of Osram is a friend-cum-business associate of mine. Recently I purchased a H7 4200K Nightbreaker Unlimited 55W for a friend on another auto-forum and the difference was huge. I got the set of two bulbs for Rs. 2000 while even the cheapest on online sites or local stores was atleast 500-700 more than that. And all these bulbs carry a ridiculously exorbitant mRP. Anyways, Can help any of you guys with HID's and nightbreakers etc if you need it. Can PM me.
Note: Mods, got absolutely no financial interest here. Want to help the fellow members. The day I feel like selling something for profit, I will post it in classified section
Old 31st October 2015, 00:23   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Tanveer,

Did you had a chance to check with the service center. The sound seems to have increased in my XUV and it is more during idle or while starting to apply the throttle.
No, Infact i left for a 400 Kms drive only to lateron find the sound has increased even more, Ill be taking it to the service centre on Monday. The sound is really loud now and people around were pointing towards the engine that there is some noise coming.
Old 31st October 2015, 02:48   #825
BHPian

I have heard that old bullet like tappet sound in my xuv also. But it usually comes only at the time of cold start. I idle it for about a minute or so, then move it ahead keeping a very light foot on the accelerator. If I try to press the accelerator harder till the engine has warmed up, the sound becomes quite audible. After a km or two, it doesnt bother at all and a smooth journey all the way to three digits speed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks