Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2016, 09:28   #4231
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

one more bad news for diesel car buyers if SC levies green tax on diesel cars n suvs..
Need to spend more!! Well Supreme Court to decide today.

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Supreme-Court-to-decide-today-how-much-green-tax-to-impose-on-diesel-car-buyers/articleshow/52047952.cms

Pradeep
Old 30th April 2016, 16:11   #4232
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Has anyone come across inordinate delay in delivery for 1.6 of 2016 make? 40 days past since I booked 1.6 Delta inspite of efforts, no timeline for delivery till date! Its baffling !!

Any clue on this guys ?
This is something related to the emission issues related to fiat's 1.6 engine, imo. Maruti's earlier imports of 1.6L engines might have exhausted and new imports may be delayed due to the issue.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 17:25   #4233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
This is something related to the emission issues related to fiat's 1.6 engine, imo. Maruti's earlier imports of 1.6L engines might have exhausted and new imports may be delayed due to the issue.
Maruti has not imported single 1.6 engine since December 17, 2015. Emission issue came up recently.
Old 30th April 2016, 19:04   #4234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Maruti has not imported single 1.6 engine since December 17, 2015. Emission issue came up recently.
The issue was detected recently. There is no mention of the number of cars which are affected(correct me if wrong ). So there is a possibility that the Indian S-Cross 1.6 is also recalled. The decision of a recall isn't taken immediately. May be the engineers were aware of this issue, hence the import has been halted.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 30th April 2016 at 19:10.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 20:02   #4235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdeep4u View Post
Hi,
Just got my membership approved . Booked an Scross 1.3 Alpha. expected delivery May 9th. Just done with loan process and other formalities.
I must thanks all BHPian's who have posted on this forum which influenced me to book this car.

Initially I had booked "Brezza". Later changed my decision to move to the most under rated car Scross.
Changed my booking to 1.6 Alpha delivery will happen on same day as planned before.

Also enquired about the recent Emission issue faced by 1.6 Fiat Engines, Nexa Manager told this wont affect Indian emission norms. Even if there is a change required it will be minimal fix. Currently they dont have any update form Maruti on this.

Pradeep
pdeep4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 20:40   #4236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Changed my booking to 1.6 Alpha delivery will happen on same day as planned before....
Posts like this makes me so happy even if I have nothing to give or take. Extremely happy as an enthusiast to see the Indian customers warming upto HOT cars irrespective of the tempting prices of the lower variants!

That's a great decision, am holding my TD as I don't want to be smitten and I do take some crazy decision at times.

Hats off to all who has taken the plunge for 1.6 - We all have just one life - LIVE IT KING SIZE!!
swiftnfurious is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 22:24   #4237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Changed my booking to 1.6 Alpha delivery will happen on same day as planned before.

Also enquired about the recent Emission issue faced by 1.6 Fiat Engines, Nexa Manager told this wont affect Indian emission norms. Even if there is a change required it will be minimal fix. Currently they dont have any update form Maruti on this.

Pradeep
Congrats buddy!! I too upgraded from 1.3 to 1.6. I have not got any confirmed date about delivery. Are you getting 2016 stock? What are the discounts offered?
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 01:47   #4238
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I test drove both the 1.3L and 1.6L S-Cross last week. I am looking for the successor of my brilliant Fiesta which has now run over 111 K kms.

1.3 L was very ordinary and there was nothing special about it. The 1.6L engine was very impressive. The power, torque and the highway cruising capabilities coupled with cruise control and HID lamps were very mouth-watering features in the Alpha 1.6.

The negatives of the 1.6 Alpha are

1. The looks - though very subjective, the S-cross has a very understated looks. NEXA guys tried to convince me that the car is Macho looking, but one look at my Endeavour, the guys admitted that the looks could be better.

2. Tugbo Lag - Quite huge below 1800 rpm. Will be difficult to drive in City and climb up steep inclines/mountains.

3. Hard Clutch - The clutch was super hard and i was worried that i will develop a severe knee-pain in an hour of driving the car in city traffic.

4. Visible welding points on the fender-bonnet gap.

The 1.6 Alpha has a waiting period of over 40 days! The guys at NEXA said that a new S-coss 1.6L RS will be launched soon. The main differentiating factors would be a new grille, a new bonnet, a redesigned bumper and new, more suitable alloys along with some improvements in the interiors.

I will test drive it once again and take a final call.
MAS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 02:00   #4239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
...The guys at NEXA said that a new S-coss 1.6L RS will be launched soon. The main differentiating factors would be a new grille, a new bonnet, a redesigned bumper and new, more suitable alloys along with some improvements in the interiors...
Doesn't make sense to me. The 1.6L has fewer takers comparitively. And the stuff they want to do seems to be very generic in nature and not related to 1.6L alone.

I believe this might be a quick refresh they are bringing in to all models. I wish they beefed up the NVH and clutch hardness + reducing the lag (pain points from the reviews). This actually is what needs to be corrected in priority.

The cosmetic updates can wait!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 06:19   #4240
BHPian

Quote:

Pradeep
Congratulations Pradeep !!!
It's really nice to see more and more enthusiasts to get hooked to 1.6.
Also, It seems slow and steady better traction is coming for S-Cross in market. If any one remember, When Maruti launched Swift, it was viewed as an ugly car but it went on and conquered the market and selling like hot cakes.
Will S-cross also have that kind of a feat?
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 15:31   #4241
BHPian

Quote:

Pradeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Congrats buddy!! I too upgraded from 1.3 to 1.6. I have not got any confirmed date about delivery. Are you getting 2016 stock? What are the discounts offered?
Thanks Dr. I am getting a 2016 model form stock. Discounts were not much though. I got some corporate discount along with good value for my current car. Still the overall amount turned out to be higher than what you have booked for.

Hope you have less waiting period.

Pradeep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Congratulations Pradeep !!!
It's really nice to see more and more enthusiasts to get hooked to 1.6.
Also, It seems slow and steady better traction is coming for S-Cross in market. If any one remember, When Maruti launched Swift, it was viewed as an ugly car but it went on and conquered the market and selling like hot cakes.
Will S-cross also have that kind of a feat?
Thanks Sree. Nexa SA also seconded your view point , S-cross sales are slowly but surely picking up (courtesy Brezza.)
Instead of top end Brezza they are going for 1.3 Zeta which is VFM.

Pradeep

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 2nd May 2016 at 01:55. Reason: Please use the edit button instead of creating successive posts within a short time.
pdeep4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:15   #4242
Senior - BHPian

I was reserving my 1000th post for this announcement.

Brought home my new Premium Silver S-Cross 1.6 Alpha last Friday (April 29th). On April 30th, she got a new set of shoes - Continental MC5, stock size.

Here are a couple of pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160429_182138828.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160429_193550962_top.jpg  

KiloAlpha is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:23   #4243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I was reserving my 1000th post for this announcement.

Brought home my new Premium Silver S-Cross 1.6 Alpha last Friday (April 29th). On April 30th, she got a new set of shoes - Continental MC5, stock size.

Here are a couple of pictures:
Congratulations on buying the car and also for completing the 1000 posts.! Missed where you upgraded from the Zeta. Was this a 2016 vehicle?

By the picture I guess you live close to wine baron am I right? Then we stay pretty close by. I stay near the post office.
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:28   #4244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Congratulations on buying the car and also for completing the 1000 posts.! Missed where you upgraded from the Zeta. Was this a 2016 vehicle?

By the picture I guess you live close to wine baron am I right? Then we stay pretty close by. I stay near the post office.
Thanks a lot! Upgrade from Zeta to Alpha happened quite by chance - a week after booking the Zeta, was pestered by the salesman to upgrade because he was getting a shipment of 1.6 Alpha. Pushed for maximum discounts and brought the whole deal under budget

No, I don't live close to Wine Baron - but do live in BSK 2nd Stage. Got married in Nagalakshmi Kalyana Mantapa just down the road from the Post Office. The picture was taken in front of Uma Maheshwara Temple on KR Road.
KiloAlpha is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:33   #4245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Thanks a lot! Upgrade from Zeta to Alpha happened quite by chance - a week after booking the Zeta, was pestered by the salesman to upgrade because he was getting a shipment of 1.6 Alpha. Pushed for maximum discounts and brought the whole deal under budget

No, I don't live close to Wine Baron - but do live in BSK 2nd Stage. Got married in Nagalakshmi Kalyana Mantapa just down the road from the Post Office. The picture was taken in front of Uma Maheshwara Temple on KR Road.
I think that was a great decision. You get a lot more inside the cabin in addition to what you already get inside the hood

I guessed the location seeing the paint on the wall, but forgot that those paintings were all over the area.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks