Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2016, 14:59   #4426
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Dear Members,

I have taken delivery of my S-Cross Zeta 1.3 yesterday evening ( Brown color). I would like to thank all the members of this forum as you have been instrumental for me to finalize this car. Have been regularly reading through the posts and this had given me the understanding of what to expect from this car.

Few initial observations:

Moving from Petrol to Diesel- Will take time to get used to the noise which seeps into the cabin.

Clutch is on the lighter side- hopefully it will remain the same moving forward too else it will be difficult to manage in this ever increasing traffic in Chennai.

The seats are perfect and I could find my best driving position with ease. The instrument buttons are placed at right places and it is easy to find and use.

I was surprised to see that the Auto Dimming IRVM is not present and it is manual. When I had asked specifically my RM on the key items which I will miss from Alpha variant and he mentioned that I will not get Auto Sensing Rain Vipers, the projector/ DRL and the leather seats. I had presumed this would be there and it is not available. Incidentally I was not provided any feature list across variants from NEXA for S-Cross. Though not a major issue, this should have been there for a car which is costing so much

The big thing is on the fuel cost- I filled the tank for 2000 INR and it gulped 39 litre's. I hope my trips to fuel station will reduce

I am currently sticking to the stock alloys and tyres. I dont wanna spend on Vitamin M now

My delivery has been smooth- The registration was done yesterday morning and delivery was provided in the evening with all the accessories fitted. I had opted for their package of 20K and also the Seat covers from NEXA.

Will keep you all posted on the progress and will reach out to you all for any questions.

Regards
Ananthc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 14:59   #4427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
I am waiting for the alloys Dr. Have you forgotten :(

Since you got a good deal on Brezza alloys, I should also be getting a good deal on those un-wanted alloys right. So, when can I have mine
Haha!! I will PM you when I drive to bangalore with your alloys

How's your S cross doing?
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 15:21   #4428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Haha!! I will PM you when I drive to bangalore with your alloys

How's your S cross doing?
Doing very fine. Had a very bad experience over the weekend. Next door kid entered into our parking area and expressed his love to somebody by scratching I love you with a small stone on the back door. He continued with the same enthusiasm and scratched stick figures of two kissing each other. And, I could not do anything, though caught him in the act as he is only a 4th standard student (according to his granny and others). Now, investing on some CC TV, some motion alarm etc to avoid the encore.

Luckily, most of the scratches were gone thanks to 3M Marathahalli who refused to take money for the brushing.

Now, waiting for the alloys as I have already removed the wheel caps and running on naked steel wheels only.

All the very best for your new car and hope you have zillion of miles of safe drive.
girishv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 15:30   #4429
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Doing very fine. Had a very bad experience over the weekend. Next door kid entered into our parking area and expressed his love to somebody by scratching I love you with a small stone on the back door. He continued with the same enthusiasm and scratched stick figures of two kissing each other. And, I could not do anything, though caught him in the act as he is only a 4th standard student (according to his granny and others). Now, investing on some CC TV, some motion alarm etc to avoid the encore.

Luckily, most of the scratches were gone thanks to 3M Marathahalli who refused to take money for the brushing.

Now, waiting for the alloys as I have already removed the wheel caps and running on naked steel wheels only.

All the very best for your new car and hope you have zillion of miles of safe drive.
Sad to hear that buddy!!

Use a car body cover instead. It will keep your Car away from the eyes of stupid kids
Old 12th May 2016, 16:32   #4430
BHPian

Quote:
... Now, investing on some CC TV, some motion alarm etc to avoid the encore.
Why don't you get the shock sensor enabled? Refer to 2-17 of the manual.
shivasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 16:37   #4431
BHPian

We got ICE updated with Apple Car Play capability. But I am not able to find a way to get Apple Maps on the screen? I know google map is not supported yet. But thought Apple MAP is available on car play. Is there a way to get the map application enabled?
Old 12th May 2016, 16:38   #4432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshivabull View Post
I got a call from Pasco (Gurgaon) offering a TD and then he has gone silent on me. Does not make for a favourable impression. I am wondering what the OTR cost would be, what I can claw back as discounts, and if they have the car or not. Can't understand marketing when it does not want to market. Appreciate any leads from all of you pros! Any specific actions I should be taking? Calling someone else?
I'm told, there is some issue between Pasco and Maruti as of now.
Don't know the details.

Suggest you to take up with some other Nexa dealer.
Old 12th May 2016, 18:39   #4433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
Thanks very much Shivasi. I might have changed all the values to default when trying to find out about the settings without consulting the manual. A good lesson.

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
Tried to enable it. Could enable only the request sensor/siren (if you try to open without pressing the key less entry key). But, failed to enable the shock sensor. Does 1.6 Delta has this or not?

Though the infotainment system says that the shock sensor is enabled, I do not hear any siren or anything when I lock the car and touch the car.

Last edited by Zappo : 13th May 2016 at 12:44. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 12th May 2016, 19:43   #4434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tried to enable it. Could enable only the request sensor/siren (if you try to open without pressing the key less entry key). But, failed to enable the shock sensor. Does 1.6 Delta has this or not?

Though the infotainment system says that the shock sensor is enabled, I do not hear any siren or anything when I lock the car and touch the car.
These are variable sensitivity levels. Shock sensor wouldn't work if you just touch the car. My SX4, Baleno has shock sensors. In my baleno shock sensor sensitivity can be adjusted in MID. At highest sensitivity level, anti theft siren would go on if you just pull the door handle/loud horn of buses. So I kept the sensitivity level midway and now it works if I gently hit the glass/door.

Cheers!!
Old 12th May 2016, 21:01   #4435
Sip
BHPian

Dr Naren congrats on soon to be delivered Alpha! So after how many days you are laying your hands on it? Its really good choice to have vitara Brezza alloys ! Hope you provide few pics including close ups and from fantastic angles !
Sip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 21:30   #4436
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Dr Naren congrats on soon to be delivered Alpha! So after how many days you are laying your hands on it? Its really good choice to have vitara Brezza alloys ! Hope you provide few pics including close ups and from fantastic angles !
Dealer told it's on Day 6 of transit today. I will do PDI on Monday and take delivery on Tuesday . I do not know how to decode VIN of Nexa cars. It's 17 digit number in both S cross and Baleno. I need 18th and 19th digit to decode. VIN is 17 digit everywhere in my baleno
Old 12th May 2016, 21:41   #4437
Sip
BHPian

Quote:

It's 17 digit number in both S cross and Baleno. I need 18th and 19th digit to decode. VIN is 17 digit everywhere in my baleno
https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find-your-cars-date-manufacture-vin#p4

Team BHP has exhaustive thread for the same, do check in.
Old 12th May 2016, 22:51   #4438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find-your-cars-date-manufacture-vin#p4

Team BHP has exhaustive thread for the same, do check in.
I checked that buddy!! For Nexa cars it is 17 digit VIN. We need 20th and 21st digit to decode (Sorry for mentioning wrongly as 18th and 19th digit in my previous post).
Old 13th May 2016, 01:30   #4439

Even I have the same problem. The VIN is of 17 digits. And I searched a lot of places (not extensively thought) but found nothing on how to decode the VIN.

Also for Alloys.
The dealership Head Manager also said the same thing that the stock alloys are made for strength. He didn't discourage the use of any after market alloys. But he advised me not to change it and stick with the stock alloys.

I don't particularly like the stock design. Brezza's alloys definitely look much better. May be the same stock deign could have looked much better if it was diamond cut.
But I don't hate the stock alloys either so I've decided not to change it.

I'll perhaps wait for the facelift. Then maybe newer alloy design will come from Suzuki itself.
STORM_REGALION is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 01:33   #4440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvshaun View Post
Every time I crossed 2000 RPM mark I had a big smile. However, every time it took almost an eternity to cross the 2000 RPM mark on 3rd and 4th gears. To some extent 2nd gear as well. The engine is almost BINARY in nature.
Are you sure that the engine took forever to cross 2k rpm? Firstly, as a owner of S-Cross 1.6 and having driven 5k kms, I can definitely say that the surge of torque starts to come in at ~1500 rpm, then there is a nice boost or kick ~1750-1800 rpm. From then on there is no dearth of power or torque till any rpm you can hit.

As you said, in the third and fourth gears and to some extent in the second gear as well, the engine takes a lot of time to hit the turbo zone, but this is only if you allow the rpm to go below ~1000 rpm. Yes, from 1000 to 1500 rpm, it feels like forever - but if you play with the gear and throttle to maintain ~1500 rpm, there will be no trouble to drive the vehicle.

Quote:
I had a big reality check for an urban commuter. 98% of my driving time and 80% of the KMs will happen in Bangalore traffic. The very purpose of big torque was defeated for me - as the engine had nothing to offer below the 2000 RPM mark.
Quote:
I asked myself a hard question - would you want to drive a dead car 80% of the 98% time. I somehow could not convince myself for the 1.6.
I personally disagree with the comments "the engine had nothing to offer below the 2000 RPM mark" would you want to drive a dead car 80% of the 98% time.

The engine wakes up well before 2000 rpm. I too drive in the Bangalore traffic and there is a lot of work for the left hand - no denial. But you do not have to maintain 2000 rpm to have fun within the city. Even while not in the turbo zone, this is NO WAY a dead car. The awesome power delivery in the turbo zone might give an impression that the car was dead before that - but that is not the reality.

As a comparison, I got to drive my cousin's TUV a couple of weeks back. As I was driving, I felt like the initial torque delivery was poorer than my S-Cross's non-turbo zone. But then even after pushing a bit I always felt like I was driving in non-turbo zone. I was confused, why is the engine not reaching turbo zone even after pushing so much - when I checked the rpm, it was ~2500. Only then I realized that is all the power and torque that car had to offer. It was more linear, but compared to my S-Cross, it was no where close. The peak torque delivery, I felt, was poorer than my S-Cross's non-turbo torque.

I guess, it is all about perception - what you drive regularly, what all cars you have driven. For me, this is my first diesel - coming from a 1.2 L Maruti petrol, I have no complains - be it city or highway.

Quote:
This looks much better. Accessory manager had offered me alloy wheels of Brezza. I had decided on Momo Win Pro Evo and now again confused. I would save lot of VIT M
Quote:
I asked my Nexa dealer to put Brezza alloys to my 1.6 S cross. Cost is 25K and they won't buy back stock alloys. Few suggested me not to go for aftermarket alloys saying it won't have same strength as Stock alloys. I am saving around 15k by going for Brezza alloys instead of Momo.
Brezza alloys suit S-Cross very much and I too would have gone this way, had the Brezza alloys been available when I got my car. I personally would definitely prefer this over the Momo WinPro. The price of 25k is awesome IMO, especially for a genuine OE alloy. Now that you got to retain the S-Cross alloy and there is demand within the forum itself for that, it is turning out to be an excellent deal

Quote:
If technically permitted I would like to use these alloys on my S - cross !
It is technically very much permitted. Same diameter, same PCD and should have pretty much the same width as well. Being a OE alloy, there will be no need for hub rings or any such extra accessory. You can go ahead with confidence and with 100% peace of mind.

Quote:
I do not know how to decode VIN of Nexa cars. It's 17 digit number in both S cross and Baleno. I need 18th and 19th digit to decode. VIN is 17 digit everywhere in my baleno
No buddy, you are mistaken. Not sure about Baleno, but S-Cross definitely comes with a proper 19 character VIN which can be found printed in a metal plate in the engine bay, above the glow controller unit.

Even my RM initially was telling that there is nothing called VIN and some call the chassis number as VIN. He also told that it is only 17 characters. Thanks to Team-BHP, I knew where exactly the VIN is present and I had asked by RM to check the same and send me a pic, which he did. When I met him in person, he was like "How did you know this, when even we were not aware of this"

And yes, 19 characters are enough to decode the month and year of manufacture (the last 2 characters are used for this) - no need for 21 characters. The first 17 characters is the chassis number and the 2 characters for manufacture date combine with that to make the VIN.
Vigkey is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks