Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2016, 17:48   #1291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
. It seems like every door panel rattles madly. Any solution to the problem; if anyone has got this issue resolved?
Won't that door damping will help you? I had got it done in my SX4 and it was silent ride plus good bass. I felt almost all Indian mass market cars need it. Good damping on all doors, boot, thick floor mats and underbody 3M coating.
Old 3rd December 2016, 19:07   #1292
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
After watching the Tiago thread keenly since it started, I finally test drove the Tiago today.
I just remembered one thing that I really didn't like about the Tiago. The AC vents in the car I drove had very limited adjustability and the right side vent kept blowing cold air toward my hand. Even in its farthest position to the right or top some cold air hit my hand. I would find it difficult to drive daily with one cold hand. Is this how all Tiago vents are our was this just this car that had the problem?

Last edited by ampere : 6th December 2016 at 18:28. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 3rd December 2016, 21:32   #1293

Quote:
After watching the Tiago thread keenly since it started, I finally test drove the Tiago today.
Hi,

Regarding the noisy engine, I suggest you test drive a polo petrol. And to gear lever vibrations, just sit inside an innova and observe the same after starting the engine.

Now go back to the drawing board and compare the prices and feature lists of all three. I think that's where Tiago's VFM lies.........

That's how I ended up with a petrol xz pearlescent white

Last edited by ampere : 6th December 2016 at 18:28. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
docgb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 10:51   #1294

Guys, I am facing a unique issue - when my phone is on low charge and I connect it to the ICE via bluetooth, the ICE crashes. The problem is resolved if I disconnect bluetooth or I charge my phone and reconnect. I have an HTC E8 Android and I drive a Tiago XZ P. Anyone with a similar problem with their ICE?
Old 6th December 2016, 15:11   #1295
BHPian

Took the car for its 7500 Service this Saturday, the experience was unlike TATA. Was greeted warmly, all complaints listened to (there were just a couple really, fuel lid not closing properly,reverse gear engagement not smooth, and vibrations felt while holding the gear in neutral) All were addressed and car handed back in 3 hours.
Overall pleased with the efficiency of the staff and the experience, there is definitely focus on increasing A** experience by TATA. Well Done
It is clearly evident.
Old 6th December 2016, 16:39   #1296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
My word of congrats to all the Tiago owners. My question is directed specifically to the XT and XZ owners.
The Harman Kardon ICE is indeed the best in class, it has everything good. Is it only me, or others too have felt that the door panels don't do justice to this awesome ICE system? My friend has got an XT petrol, and it's literally a horrible feeling to listen to the ICE at medium to high bass at even medium volume levels. It seems like every door panel rattles madly. Any solution to the problem; if anyone has got this issue resolved?
Probably a little investment on the door dampening would help. For Tiago is on offer and at that price, its still a bargain compared to the competition.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 17:00   #1297
BHPian

Quote:
The driving experience was a mixed bag: the engine gearbox and steering were unremarkable. I say unremarkable in a positive sense - the experience seemed about as good as most cars in its class so it meets the expectations of a modern car.
Can you tell me which other similarly priced car has a similar steering as Tiago's?

I think Tiago has the best steering in this class. Its light, responsive and returns to zero at low speed. Its perfectly weighted in high speed. The dimensions make it easier to do a full 360 with one hand when aiming for that tight parking spot.
Old 6th December 2016, 18:16   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhavgpai View Post
Can you tell me which other similarly priced car has a similar steering as Tiago's?

I think Tiago has the best steering in this class. Its light, responsive and returns to zero at low speed. Its perfectly weighted in high speed. The dimensions make it easier to do a full 360 with one hand when aiming for that tight parking spot.
Is your question rhetoric?

I drove the Tiago for less than 4 km entirely in city centre traffic so I can't say how the steering is at higher speeds. But at the speeds I drove at, the steering felt little different from other cars these days. So in the situation, the steering meets my expectations. No more, no less.

Coming from a non-power assisted Nano, IMO no modern car with electric power steering has good steering feedback. Yes, steering effort in my Nano is high at parking speeds but you get unfiltered, unadulterated feedback at all speeds. But I certainly wouldn't but any car now without power steering because the benefits of power assistance outweigh the disadvantages.
Old 7th December 2016, 14:00   #1299
BHPian

No. I just wanted to know why you would call it unremarkable?

When I made a comparison with steering of other cars I test drove, I found it far better.

(Example - Baleno)
Old 7th December 2016, 16:01   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
No. I just wanted to know why you would call it unremarkable?
I think his original post clearly mentions that it is unremarkable as it is just as good as other in the segment.
To be "remarkable", it needs to stand out. As per his opinion, it does not.
So it is really unfair of you asking him to justify his opinion.
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 16:58   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
So it is really unfair of you asking him to justify his opinion.
Hi, No I did not ask him to justify his opinion. Excuse me if it felt that way.

As he said that the engine gearbox and steering were unremarkable, and that the experience seemed about as good as most cars in its class, What I asked him is Which are those cars that he is comparing the steering of Tiago against?

I also backup up my question with my reasoning.

Because I would like to go back and take one more test drive if I missed some good car. I have told my friend that Tiago has the best steering in its price range and would like to correct the same if I am wrong.

What is unfair in this?

Old 7th December 2016, 20:58   #1302
BHPian

Quote:
Which are those cars that he is comparing the steering of Tiago against?...

I recently drove an i10 grand and a jazz. The Tiago did not seem very different from both of these except for what I already mentioned about the negatives.

In fact, for me nothing stood out as bad in the driving experience of the Tiago, except the slightly coarse engine. I'm willing to overlook the coarseness because some ownership reports here have indicated that only some test drive cars have more of it and a software upgrade has reduced it.

On the other hand, the 5 good characteristics that stood out for me were the suspension, the music system, the attention to detail, the overall fit and finish and The overall package. The car I drove had about 8k on the odo and I'm sure that almost all of them were abusive as for most test drive cars. But i didn't hear a single squeak or rattle! This was genuinely a pleasant surprise to me.

Cars like most complex machines are greater than the sum of their parts. Individual parts might be good or bad but it's how well they work together as a whole that differentiates one car from another. The Tiago is a very good package and at its price, it makes a very strong case of itself. As good as the Tiago is, the i10 Grand is also a very good car and costs only a little more. I'm waiting to drive the facelifted i10 grand before I make up my mind and put down cash.
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 12:23   #1303

Hi,
I own Tiago XZ Petrol and I am concerned about the paint job quality of tiago. Take a look at the attached picture. See what a slight scratch in traffic has done to the paint job.

Also I am experiencing the worst glove box ever in Tiago. It opens frequently even in slightly undulated roads. Shown to service centre but the problem remained.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-wp_20161208_12_05_09_pro.jpg  

Old 8th December 2016, 12:59   #1304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidehardAK View Post
Hi,
I own Tiago XZ Petrol and I am concerned about the paint job quality of tiago. Take a look at the attached picture. See what a slight scratch in traffic has done to the paint job.
I am yet to see a Tiago up close and personal but what would seem like a slight scratch (based on the noise we hear from inside) could have very well been a more serious issue.

I had a run-in with a guy on a two-wheeler who cut across the four-laned highway from behind a bus that was making a U-turn. He was lucky I spotted him and turned sharply to the left and I did hear a large thud as metal hit metal. I was dreading the worst for both him and the car. He and his pillion (a minor girl) were okay as they got off from where they had fallen. I expected widespread damage as I then turned to look at my car. I was really surprised that the damage was only to the bottom of the fender near the front door, and a few minor scratches on the door.

I guess it depends on the kind of impact and the object (shape/size) that hits the metal. On a new vehicle, I do understand how it feels.
Old 9th December 2016, 19:17   #1305
BHPian

Hey there, just did few things with my car:
  1. Roof wrap(gloss black)
  2. De-badged
  3. Silencer muffer
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_8295.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_8297.jpg  

ank_bhp is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed