Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2016, 11:04   #541
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Did anyone fit K&N air filter? I do not find the product on their website, not for Ford Everest or Ranger too.
Old 26th April 2016, 20:03   #542
BHPian

New Rumor : Had been to Pune for work so i thought i say hello to a friend who brought a trend he had booked a titanium but the dealer convinced him to buy a trend sighting the following reason. He said that he was informed by the dealer that ford does not have sufficient bookings for the endevour and it is not economically viable for them to keep it under production so they are selling whatever kits they have in stock and will take the endevour off the shelf. So if he buys now he can be one of the few customers to own the vehicle.

Been in that situation twice with ford after buying my ikon launched in 2009 it was taken off shelf then the same happened with my 2014 fiesta. i hope history doesn't repeat itself as my dad would really be angry for buying a third vehicle which would also be taken off shelf.

Time to think !!!!! Dad wants to buy an Innova and i am pushing for a endy.

Any update if ford has increased production of the endy? Are they still importing kits?
Old 26th April 2016, 20:26   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
New Rumor : Had been to Pune for work so i thought i say hello to a friend who brought a trend he had booked a titanium but the dealer convinced him to buy a trend sighting the following reason. He said that he was informed by the dealer that ford does not have sufficient bookings for the endevour and it is not economically viable for them to keep it under production so they are selling whatever kits they have in stock and will take the endevour off the shelf. So if he buys now he can be one of the few customers to own the vehicle.

Been in that situation twice with ford after buying my ikon launched in 2009 it was taken off shelf then the same happened with my 2014 fiesta. i hope history doesn't repeat itself as my dad would really be angry for buying a third vehicle which would also be taken off shelf.

Any update if ford has increased production of the endy? Are they still importing kits?
Not all dealers can be trusted and this sounds totally absurd. The GM of the dealership here informed me that productions have been upped from this month so deliveries will increase from May.
Old 26th April 2016, 20:29   #544
BHPian

Quote:

Have been thinking a lot about this car recently.

In fact, just saw one approaching Mantralaya from Fort/Regal in South Mumbai this evening. (White, probably the "police" version I had sighted and posted the photo of earlier)

It was sitting across the road approaching us, with LEDs on. (Titanium)

It really did not look very imposing.

However, I still think that the technology inside is incredible.

I just hope they can fine-tune it for our market (not eliminating features, but rather fixing the tranny) and continue to sell it here.

(Noting that this story *could* be true if it is not selling well and also if they can make more profits if they sell the cars abroad at their higher prices)

This is looking like a major fiasco - if what you say is true...

Then if you buy one, how can you be assured that the service mechanics even know what to do later on??

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 26th April 2016 at 20:35.
Old 26th April 2016, 22:52   #545
BANNED

Quote:
Your friend was taken for a ride! Ford India has goofed up on the estimates of Titanium and Trend, they thought trend would have more takers. But the exact opposite happened and dealers were left with Trend versions. The said dealer did a cheap trick. Even now Trend is available in 2 weeks time, while Titanium has a wait of more than 12 weeks. Endeavour is not going anywhere, it's here to stay! These kind of dealers aren't doing any good to Fords already good reputation!
The Rationalist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 06:31   #546
Senior - BHPian

^ True. The new Endeavour is not going anywhere.

Endeavour vs Trailblazer vs Fortuner ACI video comparison.

deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 09:45   #547
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
New Rumor
Ford guys themselves spreading rumours that the Endeavour is a flop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
True. The new Endeavour is not going anywhere.
Endeavour vs Trailblazer vs Fortuner ACI video comparison.
But Ford has to really show an effort to sell more vehicles before the next generation Fortuner gets here!

Already the brand Fortuner has a big advantage over the Endeavour, and to add to it - the new Fortuner seems capable enough to take on the Endeavour as well!

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 09:51   #548
BHPian

The Ford shown here is the Ambiente ( base model ) in Australia, so this comparo is practically irrelevant. Caradvice has done a comparo on their website where the Fortuner was beaten by a Trend. Fortuner interiors still resemble the Innova's and the flipping 3rd row seems from the 19th century. Caradvice also said the view is more restricted in the Fortuner when seated in the 3rd row.

So Endy is the superior product but Ford has to prove it by dispatching many more kits here which they are supposedly doing this month.

Autocar has done their first drive of the big T. Wanna know about their first thoughts about the new challenger. They have claimed its coming in Diwali.

Last edited by kimianks : 27th April 2016 at 10:17.
kimianks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 11:18   #549
Team-BHP Support

Fortuner will have same engine & Gearbox as New Innova - 2,8 ZXi - don't know yet how much will this effect sales particularly of 4x2 versions which were considerable in past. Toyota is seriously short of engine options from Innova to Fortuner to Prado - everything on the same engine - seriously.

New Ford is far better than existing Fortuner , and at expense of being repetitive , Trend is decently loaded and apart from panoramic roof it does not lack anything which we can't get.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 13:11   #550
BHPian

4X4 Australia declares Everest as the winner.

Caradvice showcasing the Fortuner Trend battle

http://www.caradvice.com.au/397550/f...de-comparison/
kimianks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 14:44   #551
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Fortuner will have same engine & Gearbox as New Innova - 2,8 ZXi
Most manufacturers are moving to fewer number of engines but using different states of tune for different models?

Do you have a particular problem with the Toyota 2.8 being put inside the new Fortuner? the bhp/torque numbers seem pretty good to me...
Old 27th April 2016, 15:05   #552
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do you have a particular problem with the Toyota 2.8 being put inside the new Fortuner?
No, I don't have a problem with Toyota putting up 2,8 in Innova, Fortuner as well LC-Prado just that I won't be tempted to buy one,

In my opinion, there should be enough differentiators between such product line , Prado sells at 3 times the price of Innova and Fortuner used to be 50 % higher than old Innova , will be interesting how Fortuner is priced vs ZX Innova
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 00:04   #553
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
No, I don't have a problem with Toyota putting up 2,8 in Innova, Fortuner as well LC-Prado just that I won't be tempted to buy one,
Then, that should be okay since Toyota is not going to spend one sleepless night due to this..
Old 28th April 2016, 01:45   #554
BHPian

Quote:

In my opinion, there should be enough differentiators between such product line , Prado sells at 3 times the price of Innova and Fortuner used to be 50 % higher than old Innova , will be interesting how Fortuner is priced vs ZX Innova
Well, Volkswagen Group uses its 2.0 TDI motor in cars ranging from the VW Jetta to the AUDI A6. No differentiators, just a simple piece of software (ECU map). Now one might argue that one is paying 40 lakhs more for the same engine but as far as I can see, it's simple rightful economics. And Audi cars do sell well (relative to the market obviously), don't they?

Cheers!
mohaks19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 05:49   #555
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
but the dealer convinced him to buy a trend sighting the following reason. He said that he was informed by the dealer that ford does not have sufficient bookings for the endevour and it is not economically viable for them to keep it under production
Pray tell me, what sense would it make to buy either a trend or a titanium if the Endeavour will be pulled off
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks