Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2018, 19:58   #3676
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
1) Yes, happening.
2) No concrete info on this but it's definitely on the cards for the next-gen.
3) Yes, happening. Harman is developing it as we speak.
4) Slim chance, but can't be ruled out due to the time period (2.5+ years).
5) Very slim chance. As per my understanding, the normal sunroof will continue to be offered as an OEM accessory.

Not before mid/late 2020.
Do you mean all off these (that may be happening) in mid 2020 or some bits in 2018 and some in 2020.

Mainly 170 BHP, AWD+AT and Bigger Screen Infotainment are key?

In fact even power can be managed with a remap or tuning box.

Last edited by ACM : 25th January 2018 at 20:01.
Old 26th January 2018, 00:23   #3677
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

An Idea:

What would the last row of seats weigh? 75kgs?

For those who just don't need them and are comfortable with a 4/5 seats configuration, they could just remove them for a bit of a boost in performance and fuel economy.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 07:35   #3678
BHPian

75 KG is too much. I don't think they would weigh more than 25KG. I don't think there will be any difference in performance or economy if you remove the last row of seats.
Enobarbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 09:43   #3679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
An Idea:

What would the last row of seats weigh? 75kgs?

For those who just don't need them and are comfortable with a 4/5 seats configuration, they could just remove them for a bit of a boost in performance and fuel economy.

There may be some issues with the RTO. The vehicles' registered configurations cannot be changed without their permission. In this case the Hexa is registered as a 6/7 seater. If you remove the seats, it b comes a 4/5 seater.
su_spatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 11:30   #3680
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
2020 for Android auto seems like a futile effort.
The Android Auto/Apple CarPlay/Mirrorlink update might be rolled out with the new variant(s) coming later this year.

Quote:
Do you mean all off these (that may be happening) in mid 2020 or some bits in 2018 and some in 2020.

Mainly 170 BHP, AWD+AT and Bigger Screen Infotainment are key?

In fact even power can be managed with a remap or tuning box.
Except for a possible HU patch update to support the CarPlay/Auto functionality, all other updates are chalked up for the next-gen Hexa.

For 2018/19, we might see the 4x4 getting offered in a mid-variant and the HU updates only.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 13:14   #3681
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Android Auto/Apple CarPlay/Mirrorlink update might be rolled out with the new variant(s) coming later this year.

For 2018/19, we might see the 4x4 getting offered in a mid-variant and the HU updates only.
An AWD AT would see me pick this up but only in top trim.

This madness of manufacturers with AT meaning loss of something else to keep down top variant price is irritating.

Am considering being driven around seated in 6 seater mid row. Apple Car Play / Android Auto should hence not matter. AWD AT is required for safety in driving itself.

New XUV might just cut down the sales progress of Hexa like with the Aria if they delay improvements.

Last edited by ACM : 26th January 2018 at 13:16.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 14:14   #3682
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_spatil View Post
There may be some issues with the RTO. The vehicles' registered configurations cannot be changed without their permission. In this case the Hexa is registered as a 6/7 seater. If you remove the seats, it b comes a 4/5 seater.
I believe that while adding a seat could be a problem. Removing seats cannot be a problem.

I wish the 6 seater configuration had even wider middle row seats. They have the space but have left some unused between the two.
Old 26th January 2018, 14:19   #3683
BHPian

Pragati Motors, Jorhat held a customer meet & free service for owners of Hexa, Nexon, Tiago & Tigor on 26th Jan 2018. They discussed the performance of the cars and listened to complaints. They also gifted desk calendars and a flag lapel pin. Lunch was also organised. Most importantly, customers were treated like personal guests by all the employees. Excellent initiative by the service centre.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-20180126_102834.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image2.jpeg  

su_spatil is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 18:41   #3684
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
An AWD AT would see me pick this up but only in top trim.
These two are very important for me as well. I would add another major irriantant for me is that the third row doesn't fold flat or fold to the side.

Quote:
New XUV might just cut down the sales progress of Hexa like with the Aria if they delay improvements.
Tata has always been slow to react. Mahindra makes changes continuously. Hopefully with the new management in place they will listen to feedback and keep improvising.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 20:41   #3685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Tata has always been slow to react. Mahindra makes changes continuously.
Tata, though slow to react, have been on the right trajectory, in the recent past. They have focused a lot on design and quality as they have a perception to turnaround.

Mahindra, have been very agile...but perhaps too agile for their own good. Half baked products like KUV100, TUV300 (AMT woes), Verito Vibe. What still sells for them is Bolero, Scorpio and XUV500 (there is a thread also on the Petrol Version which is no where to be seen).

Being Agile is great, but not at the cost of quality and definitely not if you are Tata Motors. They have a reputation to correct and resurrect.
sachinayak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 20:45   #3686
BHPian

Quote:
Except for a possible HU patch update to support the CarPlay/Auto functionality, all other updates are chalked up for the next-gen Hexa.
Sir, it seems highly unlikely that the HU can be updated via software to facilitate usage of CarPlay/Android Auto. Both systems have minimum requirements of touch screen sizes among other specifications for processor/chipset etc, which is why Tata went ahead and put a larger screen in the Nexon. Apple CarPlay requires that an Apple licensed authentication chip be present in the HU. For these reasons, perhaps the update would be new hardware which is on the cards for later this year or maybe even from model year 2019 onwards.

Now the only question that remains is, would us, first-gen Hexa buyers be able to retrofit the new system and make it play well with the various control modules? That would certainly be an ideal scenario.
Old 27th January 2018, 09:18   #3687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post

Tata has always been slow to react. Mahindra makes changes continuously. Hopefully with the new management in place they will listen to feedback and keep improvising.
Take the XUV for example. The only continuous change since almost a decade of it's launch are two iterations to the front grille and headlamps along with a few limited editions that were launched. To this day, the interiors remain the same along with most mechanicals.

Change for the heck of it makes no sense. It only looks attractive to those buyers who are easily influenced by features than the core driveablity of the car!

Even now, the new XUV has similar interiors!
Also, TATA was able to launch a downtown version within 8 months of the product launch, is launching an AMT for the Nexon, again within half a year of it's launch and even the Tiago has been updated with a few updates and not just cosmetic changes!

I agree, TATA was slow to react. But not anymore. They stay away from mere cosmetic upgrades but bring in changes that actually does matter!
abhi7013 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 10:08   #3688
BHPian

Quote:
I wish the 6 seater configuration had even wider middle row seats. They have the space but have left some unused between the two.
Given the limited angle to which the captain seats flip forward, I understand Tata recommends access to the last row in this version, from between the two middle row seats. Making the seats wider and reducing this space would make the last row almost inaccessible.
Strangerintown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 11:57   #3689
BHPian

Quick feedback based on 5 months and 10,000km of ownership:
1. Not so flat folding is not an issue at all. Have been carrying more cargo of different sorts than passengers, though visually it looks bad, application wise it's fine.
2. Lack of storage space for phone and in general at the front row is a real issue. Cup holder is not ideal for placing the phone and I often end up keeping the phone between legs while driving:-(
3. Lack of legroom for driver is an issue when my wife drives (she is 5ft 2 inches).
4. Did not know spare wheel is 16incher (thought it would be 19 inch steel rim)
5. Gears are lot smoother now, but still notchy at times.
6. Engine feels dead in 2nd gear at lower rpms <1500, lag is so evident.

Apart from that, all positives that are already shared makes it a wonderful wonderful car and am thoroughly enjoying the ownership.
tifosikrishna is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 16:41   #3690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Engine feels dead in 2nd gear at lower rpms <1500, lag is so evident.
Even though the TASS might point out that yours is a newer model, i would strongly recommend you to update the ECU with the new version. The lag almost vanishes and the car feels so much more peppier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks