Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2020, 13:17   #5491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddu View Post
All - Need some advice on a creaking sound coming from the rear end of the car.

On uneven roads/speed breakers, I have been facing a constant creaking/rattling sound. I had this issue before as well(6000 KMs back to be precise) and at that time the service center folks had greased a few parts from the underbelly that had solved the issue. Now that the issue is back again, what should I ask the service center to check? I am looking at a long term solution and do not want to visit the ASS every time this issue crops up!

Vehicle details -
Model - XTA 2017
KMs covered - 31K
I have visited twice and the second visit seems to have fixed it. Nevertheless there still is some sound that comes from the loose tools like spanners or screwdrivers that fail to sit snugly after a few uses.
In your case it could either be loose tail light housings or the boot door hinge. In case of the latter, just ask them to replace the hinges.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 8th January 2020 at 12:04. Reason: Ive = I Have
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 13:41   #5492
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Latest update from the plant. Tata is indeed making BS4 Hexas this month. From February onwards till the launch of the BS6 version, they won't make any more Hexas. So if someone wants a fresh piece then they can surely get one. Don't believe the dealer guys.

Will update you with the variants that they plan to make this month.
ram87pune is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 15:41   #5493
BHPian

Quote:
I had the similar issue with old Verna Fluidic where creaking sound was coming from rear left wheel when driving on bad roads. After multiple visits to service center and FNGs, the problem was diagnosed with faulty rear brake caliper sleeve. The sleeve was machined on lathe machine to bring it in original shape and refitted. No noise since then on any surface. You can try this and check whether sleeve is culprit in your case also.
sandeepsc is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 20:35   #5494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
During last few days, did some market research on varying prices with multiple dealers. Following products are shortlisted for the above accessories
I am in the same boat as of now. Awaiting delivery of XM+ in few days
I am interested in Side Steps, Seat Covers and Floor Mats.

Hope you have gone ahead with some/all of the accessories you mentioned.
Can you please post pics (specially of Seat Covers, would like to see fit and finish).

Please recommend relevant accessory shop in Pune for these items and DM me your contact if that's fine.
Old 5th January 2020, 23:59   #5495
BHPian

Got our Hexa XM+ delivered in mid week of November. Apologies to fellow Bhpians, was completely occupied last month due to personal commitments.

Reached Bafna Motors, Law College Road in Pune by around 4 pm. The SA and his team were ready with the car documentation. Completed the paper work and necessary signatures. Main Tax Invoice, Zero Dep Insurance, Extended warranty, etc. was properly filed and explained by the SA.

A day before the delivery, I had ordered a Photo cake with Hexa's imprint to make the moment more special. We carried it along with us to the showroom. Once the paper work was completed, the showroom guys made the cake cutting preparations. We were excited to see their whole team had gathered for the small celebration. Did the Cake cutting, clicked pictures and were greeted by congratulatory wishes by all..

Later, we proceeded for unveiling the car. Tata SA ensured the car was thoroughly washed and squeaky clean before delivery. I had requested to keep the car covered by a satin cloth to perform the unveil. Me and wifey did the unveiling procedure. Later performed a small pooja of the car's engine and clicked some more pictures. Bafna Motors, Sales Manager came at the delivery bay to congratulate us and assured prompt assistance in case of any issues come up within a week's time of purchase. We ensured a token of appreciation for the Service Advisor, Mr. Omkar Palav for his wonderful assistance all throughout the buying experience. Left the showroom by 7 pm by thanking everyone.

Many Thanks to Bafna Motors, they valued us by addressing every query, ensured most of our requests were fulfilled and offered maximum discounts to finalize the deal. Overall, I must say the Sales and delivery experience was smooth and very cooperative. Hoping to continue the same with the TASS in future. Sharing some clicks of the delivery day. Will share modifications done in few days time.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-bafna-motors.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-dsc_0296-large.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-dsc_0306-large.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-dsc_0310-large.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-dsc_0321-large.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-dsc_0325-large.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-dsc_0327-large.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-dsc_0342-large.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-dsc_0337-large.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20191112_175129-large.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20191112_175736-large.jpg  

Satshan is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 08:17   #5496
BHPian

For those looking to upgrade the stock ICE to an Android Auto head unit, retaining all the stock functionalities like mood lighting and door lock/ unlock controls, this is a good option by Hypersonic.
nvldvr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 11:14   #5497
BHPian

Congrats @Satshan. The cake and unveiling was a good idea and made your delivery stand out. Wish you lots of happy miles and smiles.
krish3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 12:17   #5498

Congrats & best wishes @Satshan , neat idea to have the unveiling and your little ceremony! Wish you & family many many kilometers of safe and pleasant driving
hexamaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 15:18   #5499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post

For those looking to upgrade the stock ICE to an Android Auto head unit, retaining all the stock functionalities like mood lighting and door lock/ unlock controls, this is a good option by Hypersonic.
Will it be an upgrade? Looks more of a downgrade to me. I mean who would replace Harman with a cheap brand like Hypersonic? And certainly, it would result in complications at a later date.

Last edited by moralfibre : 6th January 2020 at 15:49. Reason: Removing embedded video from quoted post.
Old 6th January 2020, 19:09   #5500
BHPian

Hexa prices have been increased around 50,000 for 2020 built ones.
busydrive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 19:27   #5501
BHPian

How is quality of floor matting sold as genuine accessory by dealer? I am getting front sensors as free but are not readily available during delivery of my Hexa. If matting quality is good then I can ask for it instead of sensors.
Old 7th January 2020, 12:47   #5502

Quote:
Hey Paddu! I can recommend Mr. Sanjeevan from Sagar Motors in Noida Sec- 5. You can give him a call at 9811247916. He has helped me out quite a few times.

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th January 2020 at 12:54. Reason: Fixing Quotes.
Mayank0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 19:17   #5503

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
Note your premium should be less, not around 55k, considering its the XM+ variant.
Finally I settled for dealer insurance, insurer is New India Assurance. They quoted about 50K for Comprehensive (1+3 plan), 95% IDV.

Zero dep was touching almost 60K hence I backed out from Zero Dep.

When I checked on Policy Bazaar I got similar quotes.
I am surprised that you got it in 55K for top model. Is it Zero dep ? Who is the insurer, if you don't mind sharing.

Hexa website shows ex-showroom price as 15,89,338 in Pune for XM+ while dealer pricelist puts it at 15,90,328.

And not just this variant, there is a difference of exactly 990 Rs. in ESP of all variants. Though it's not a big amount in bigger scheme of things, still I pointed it out and couldn't get a satisfactory response from them. They simply said this is what their system has even though the factory unit price + 48% (CGST 14, SGST 14, cess 20) tax (from Invoice) exactly puts the ESP of XM+ at 15,89,338.

What am I missing here ?
Old 7th January 2020, 20:47   #5504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by destrukt View Post
Finally I settled for dealer insurance, insurer is New India Assurance. They quoted about 50K for Comprehensive (1+3 plan), 95% IDV. Zero dep was touching almost 60K hence I backed out from Zero Dep. When I checked on Policy Bazaar I got similar quotes. I am surprised that you got it in 55K for top model. Is it Zero dep ? Who is the insurer, if you don't mind sharing.
That's impossible. Sit in the showroom or at your home with your laptop. Log on to New India Assurance, have them on call with them logged in to Tata insurance and check what quote you get. If they are getting you insurance via Tata insurance brokers, no chance of their quote being more than the one you get via the website by around 2000 INR, which is the digital discount given by NIA on their website. And it's very risky to skimp on zero dep insurance.

Our dealer tried to pull a fast one on us by giving insurance from Magma HDI/Chola. We said ICICI or NIA, or we get it ourselves. My current policy shows 57891 INR with GST including NCB, for zero dep, owner driver cover and unnamed 6 pax cover, and towing. This would have been in 54k to 55k range had we taken insurance ourselves, but we didn't want to delay the registration process. So no way your NIA premium for XM+ can be over 57-60k with zero dep, even if you don't have NCB.

Last edited by TROOPER : 7th January 2020 at 21:11.
TROOPER is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 22:19   #5505

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
That's impossible. Sit in the showroom or at your home with your laptop. Log on to New India Assurance, have them on call with them logged in to Tata insurance and check what quote you get.
Well, I tried out the same before confirming with them. Somehow, I still can't get the premium from NIA website any lower than 50K for XM+, even for comprehensive.

Anyway, I guess this may not be the right forum to discuss it further. Will post it in detail on appropriate thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks