Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2020, 23:26   #586
BHPian

Re: Your suggestions on Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Can you tell me more. Won't the insurance of the old car get transferred to the new owner? Do you get NCB in spite of that?
Apparently Yes. You also have to realise you're paying some premium taking insurance from them. We have all our insurances from one company, albeit from one guy who's retired now, he asked us to get the rates verified with him before finally going ahead, but because of my laxity we lost minimum 2-3k as we did not negotiate on this at all.

Quote:
K12M is the main reason why I too am considering the Ignis. Do the interiors, especially the rear seat, really feel wider? Or do you mean the bulge in the rear wheel arch which protrudes out considerably?
Coming from the Alto the rear seat is wide for us. Like three people can sit with ease and not have their shoulders touching at the same time. The bulge in the rear wheel arch Does protrude out considerably and I find myself having to plan well in advance for overtakes. If you see any New Swifts around you, cast a leisurely glance here..

Quote:
..just saved me..
Negotiate very hard. Please. I did not. Being a nice guy will only allow these people to take you for a ride. And take EVERYTHING in writing, do not have assumptions, be it Nexa or Arena. Do keep us posted!
arindam.dino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 23:50   #587

Re: Your suggestions on Ignis

Quote:
4. The quote on Ignis Alpha is 8.50 On Road including:
Insurance: 31k (B2B, 1yr od + 3yr tp)
5yr warranty: 12.5k (optional)
Auto card: 1180/-
basic kit: 7576/- (opt)
Cash discount: 15k
Corporate discount: 3.1k

I don't want the Auto card (some reward programme), is it optional?
Any other discounts I can bargain for?

Much obliged for your suggestions.
You should ask for the IDV and then ask for a quote directly from the Insurer, you can also check several of the online sites.As I see,@80% of ex showroom price as IDV,there is a excess of Rs.5000/- quoted here for insurance.Depending on the insurance companies,you can expect a quote from 19000 to 29000.The 29000, am listing here is the maximum for plans with spot claims etc. which are not required in most cases.The median range should be around 26000 for a IDV around 5.80-5.90 lakhs @ 80% of the ex-showroom price.This IDV is sufficient,if me I would go for even a lesser IDV @ 70% ex showroom price with return to invoice rider and zero depreciation rider and also a voluntary deductible @ 2500.This should decrease the premium little more.As far as insurance is considered,better we get into the details and then buy a plan that will suit us.

The July cash offer for Ignis is @ 20000 rupees is what I see from many different sources.The auto card is optional but it is really a good deal,it provides points @3%(am not sure,you can check for the exact percentage) on every spends we do through Maruti. Just the next two years points earned through spends on service,insurance etc with maruti would cover this cost of 1180.They also have some extra exchange offer for the auto card members.1180 spent on auto card is a risk that can be taken which would turn profitable with a higher probability.Just on the insurance and Discounts,I see a chance of 10000 you can save easily without any hard bargain.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd July 2020 at 09:12. Reason: Broken quote tags.
endlesspoetry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 03:45   #588

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Does Ignis Sigma,BS VI variant come with factory fitted cabin air filter?From where can I find these information?I was looking into oriparts,looked into air-conditioner parts list but couldn't actually make it out.Any links or resources to read/look into and understand will also help.

Test drove a Ignis long back when it was launched,then end of june 2020 booked a Wagon R,ah then cancelled it and booked a Ignis Sigma last week,expecting delivery this week.

I should have been driving a new Wagon R ZXI AMT now,team-bhp happened and waiting for Ignis now.

team-bhp is taking so much of my time and am a now,lots of pending works at office but team-bhp keeps feeding me with more and more information and references that am stuck here for many hours.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd August 2020 at 06:43. Reason: Please restrict use of smileys to only 2 per post.
endlesspoetry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 20:12   #589
Distinguished - BHPian

2020 Suzuki Ignis gains a new CVT gearbox and revamped hybrid powertrain for the UK market.

Quote:
Suzuki’s 1.2-litre mild-hybrid Dualjet four-cylinder engine, available with an optional CVT gearbox for the first time, now features an uprated injection system, piston cooling jets and a variable displacement oil pump for improved acceleration and efficiency. With a power output of 82bhp and 79lb ft of torque, the new powertrain takes the supermini from 0-62mph in 12.7 seconds and on to a top speed of 103mph.
Quote:
Additionally, the hybrid system’s battery capacity has also been expanded from 3Ah to 10Ah, further enhancing fuel efficiency. The Ignis is now capable of 55.7mpg on the WLTP combined cycle and emits 114g/km of CO2 when specified with the manual gearbox.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 20:23   #590
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlesspoetry View Post
Does Ignis Sigma,BS VI variant come with factory fitted cabin air filter?From where can I find these information?I was looking into oriparts,looked into air-conditioner parts list but couldn't actually make it out.Any links or resources to read/look into and understand will also help.

Test drove a Ignis long back when it was launched,then end of june 2020 booked a Wagon R,ah then cancelled it and booked a Ignis Sigma last week,expecting delivery this week.
Ignis is better than WagonR any day. However Sigma appears a bit too stripped down to me. Nevertheless, congratulations on your acquisition.

To be sure, you can ask them to show you the filter when you go for PDI. Hardly takes a minute.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 11th August 2020 at 20:39.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 22:02   #591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Ignis is better than WagonR any day. However Sigma appears a bit too stripped down to me. Nevertheless, congratulations on your acquisition.

To be sure, you can ask them to show you the filter when you go for PDI. Hardly takes a minute.

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks, will look if the filter exits while I do the PDI.

Yes, Sigma is real stripped and that's why I liked it, in wagon R was looking for the 1.2 AMT which was not available in the base version so was looking at the top end, it looked more sense there. The next variants of IGNIS doesn't fit my needs, I drive 99% time alone, didn't need rear power windows, didn't need a music system and not going to fit anything after market too, didn't needed the rear camera, the only thing I need and will miss is the rear wiper, with mandatory safety features today, the base variants makes so much of sense for someone like me. Also, I found the features in higher variants more attractive than utilitarian. Also needed a key-less entry, and that's is taken care. Also, I had never looked into the tacho, I shift by ears and have been real efficient all these years. For occasional monitoring of the drive habits and vehicle monitoring, a OBD adaptor should come handy, didn't really need the higher variants dashboard. If the government had made rear wipers mandatory in all hatchback as a safety feature, I would not have even this tiny dissatisfaction I have today.
endlesspoetry is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 17:26   #592
Senior - BHPian

Booked Ignis Zeta AMT in Nexa Blue few days back. Car will be primarily driven by my wife and mostly used for Grocery shopping and School drops (whenever they open).

Hope to take the Delivery by next weekend.

Prime Contenders:
Santro AMT
Wagon R 1.2 AMT
Celerio AMT
Tiago AMT

Things that worked in Ignis favour
Good Seating and impressive visibility from Drivers seat
Boot Space with 60:40 Folding to carry bicycles
Ground Clearance
Pretty Much Loaded for the Zeta Version
Unique looking / you can also call it quirky
Mi10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 10:17   #593

Took delivery of my vehicle Ignis sigma yesterday from Nexa Kattupakkam,Chennai. Time and time again when friends and family had been saying about excellent customer support they had received from Maruti, I didn't believe it, I was skeptical. My own experience with Maruti has made me believe why Maruti remains the market leader here. While I have struggled to reach out to the customer support of other leading motor companies in the past while I have had troubles with their service, Maruti's support team has been available all time and provided excellent support and help.

While the few issues faced were resolved efficiently, Maruti could have easily avoided it too, on an otherwise excellent service. My other posts on the same.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4858438 (Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4859090 (Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4859900 (Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me)

Will write on my buying experience too.
Old 14th August 2020, 10:20   #594

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Booked Ignis Zeta AMT in Nexa Blue few days back. Car will be primarily driven by my wife and mostly used for Grocery shopping and School drops (whenever they open).

Hope to take the Delivery by next weekend.

Prime Contenders:
Santro AMT
Wagon R 1.2 AMT
Celerio AMT
Tiago AMT

Things that worked in Ignis favour
Good Seating and impressive visibility from Drivers seat
Boot Space with 60:40 Folding to carry bicycles
Ground Clearance
Pretty Much Loaded for the Zeta Version
Unique looking / you can also call it quirky
Nexa Blue looks more sexier on the Ignis than any-other vehicle.Great Choice, congrats!
endlesspoetry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 14:02   #595
KPR
BANNED

Thoroughly enjoying our family beater Ignis AMT. For me AMT is like a gearless scooter. Zip in and out. Mileage of last tank fill yielded me 16.5 KMPL with many aggressive drives. Just that one needs to get used to AMT pattern of gear shift. Given the higher seating position, it offers good command over road as well.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 20:26   #596
Senior - BHPian

And here it is

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-746483ef2e8f4f0abe152e2310af5013.jpeg

Latest Zeta variant with Touch screen one (smart play I think )
Mi10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 19:08   #597
BHPian

Hello everyone.
So we will be taking the delivery of our Ignis Delta AMT on 31st Aug and I am planning to change the stock tyres with 185/65/15 yoko earth 1 tyres. Since the difference is more than 2%, will it be ok if I go ahead with this tyre size?
Old 26th August 2020, 19:45   #598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeast View Post
Hello everyone.
So we will be taking the delivery of our Ignis Delta AMT on 31st Aug and I am planning to change the stock tyres with 185/65/15 yoko earth 1 tyres. Since the difference is more than 2%, will it be ok if I go ahead with this tyre size?
Get 195/60R15 size in good quality Michelin or Yokohama tires, and you are sorted. The Ignis has the same 15 inch size than the City and Jazz has for all these years, and the recommended upsize remains the same.
Old 26th August 2020, 21:39   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeast View Post
I am planning to change the stock tyres with 185/65/15 yoko earth 1 tyres. Since the difference is more than 2%, will it be ok if I go ahead with this tyre size?
Yoko Earth 1 were one of the nosiest tyres I ever used. Hence I went for Conti MC5 on my Ignis which were relatively (it's not soft compound either) quieter. Mine were 195/60 if I recollect it correctly and had absolutely no issues of scrapping the wheel wells.
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 22:41   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Get 195/60R15 size in good quality Michelin or Yokohama tires, and you are sorted. The Ignis has the same 15 inch size than the City and Jazz has for all these years, and the recommended upsize remains the same.
Since the car will be used inside the city only (we have Ford Aspire TDCi for highway runs) and the fuel economy will be our top priority and I guess that 195 section tyres will take a significant toll on the fuel economy. Thus, not planning to go with 195 section tyres. Additionally, since dad will be using the car for his business purposes, the car will have considerable weight load and will be used on bad roads so we are also wanting some increase in the overall ground clearance of the car. I am more concerned about the 185/65/15 touching the body parts and causing damage to the wheel arches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
Yoko Earth 1 were one of the nosiest tyres I ever used. Hence I went for Conti MC5 on my Ignis which were relatively (it's not soft compound either) quieter. Mine were 195/60 if I recollect it correctly and had absolutely no issues of scrapping the wheel wells.
Since the 185/65/15 are significantly bigger than the stock tyres in terms of sidewall and overall height, will they be scrapping the wheel wells? I am not looking forward to replace the stock tyres with 195 section tyres as it will take a significant toll on the fuel efficiency of the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks