Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2022, 14:51   #526

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

My Marazzo is due for 30k service in few weeks. Till now, the engine oil used is Mahindra Maximile FEO (the one that is mentioned and recommended in the manual).

Is this a fully synthetic oil? Has anyone used any other fully synthetic external engine oils (eg Mobil Delvac) and does it improve performance etc?
Old 15th December 2022, 18:24   #527

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
2. I am not sure if clutch heating can cause this behavior. But a weak master/slave cylinder can also cause this. A master/slave cylinder failure can cause the clutch pedal to drop to the floor making the vehicle unusable.
I escalated the issue to Mahindra, and service manager asked me to bring the vehicle for detailed inspection. He mentioned that he'll test the vehicle by keeping the clutch depressed in both hot condition (when vehicle has just completed few min of running) and cold conditions for few hours. If the clutch doesn't come back, then there's an issue with clutch. He also mentioned he'll check for any leakage. He kept the vehicle overnight.

Today afternoon he called and said no issue detected and clutch and cylinder are fine. He mentioned that it could be due to my driving habit in b2b traffic - In b2b traffic, I usually use break to stop and move vehicle with half clutch. I used to do the same with old clutch, but didn't see this issue. Not sure where's the issue.

VK
Old 16th December 2022, 16:10   #528
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad to see the Marazzo amongst a list of cars set to be axed because of the BS6 - Phase 2 (Realtime driving emissions - "RDE").

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...il-2023-426648
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 15:12   #529

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Sad to see the Marazzo amongst a list of cars set to be axed because of the BS6 - Phase 2 (Realtime driving emissions - "RDE").
How are you existing owners of Marazzo reading this news - anyone contemplating selling your Marazzo? I love my Marazzo but my wife is pressing me to replace it with an automatic.
Old 22nd December 2022, 21:14   #530

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinKulk View Post
How are you existing owners of Marazzo reading this news - anyone contemplating selling your Marazzo? I love my Marazzo but my wife is pressing me to replace it with an automatic.
I will keep my Marazzo as long as I can. A magnificent highway rider. I will keep it for my highway rides. For city duties, I have a 2010 logan which is in top condtion.
Jaya Kumar Satr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 00:26   #531
BHPian

If media speculation comes true, then the Marazzo will be one of the models which had the shortest lifecycle (from launch to phase-out): just about 4 years. I always felt Mahindra went overboard in innovation with this model. They tried a (now) very rare architecture a front wheel drive FWD on a Body on Frame BOF on the Marazzo. Usually FWD has a transverse engine. There should be a reason why it's not common worldwide isn't it?

Also, it looks like they ended up reducing engine room size (to increase cabin space) which made it very cramped and accomodating a larger engine than 1.5 liter in transverse configuration in this space difficult. Also, even more difficult to accomodate automatic transmissions. A proof of this cramped engine room is the placement of the battery. In a Marazzo it looks like air filter and trim below the windshield has to be removed to access the battery, even to top it up with distilled water. What will one do if they are stranded on the road with a dead battery? A battery should be user / driver replaceable isn't it?

1.5 liter diesel engine hauling a heavy fully laden BOF MPV? That doesnt sound so right isn't it? Atleast for the taxi segment. In short this vehicle couldn't be upgraded due to some fundamental flaws which made it unsuitable for segments like taxi segment. It's confusing when we think whether it was made to compete with an Ertiga/XL6 or an Innova. It couldn't compete with both in terms of pricing and value proposition. The C-SUV segment also stole the sales from the Marazzo. But it is a love it deeply or hate it kind of product. It is very comfortable vehicle with good ride and handling, nice ergonomic seats, great seating position and a quiet cabin with top notch air-conditioning. It is still very suitable for small families and will stay with them for a long time due to availability of spare parts and support from Mahindra. However, I am not able to console myself that this product which so many appreciate, has to be phased out so soon! Stay back Marazzo!
trail_lover is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 23:56   #532
BHPian

Rode my Marazzo M8 for over 4 years and around 40,000 km. Love it to drive, even if I have to drive it alone, though I prefer smaller cars in my garage, particularly Fabia 1.6.

Request owners regarding 40k km servicing experience. I am also planning to replace my battery and tyres. Any suggestions, particularly for tyres. Thanks!
kbishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 16:47   #533
BHPian

Hey All,
Thinking of upgrading the existing speakers in Marazzo to better ones. Can anyone let me know what size should I shop for - both co-axials and components. Thanks in advance.
Old 20th January 2023, 14:31   #534

My Marazzo variant is 2019 M6 (not M6+) is running well and I plan to keep it as long as I can.

Only grouse is that my variant doesn't come with Android Auto. Has anyone with M6 been able to get the Android Auto installed in the factory-fitted infotainment unit? My Last option is to replace the default unit with some external Android systems from Sony or Pioneer - has anyone tried upgrading their unit? Please share your experience.
Old 2nd February 2023, 11:32   #535
BHPian

Quote:
My Marazzo variant is 2019 M6 (not M6+) is running well and I plan to keep it as long as I can.

Only grouse is that my variant doesn't come with Android Auto. Has anyone with M6 been able to get the Android Auto installed in the factory-fitted infotainment unit? My Last option is to replace the default unit with some external Android systems from Sony or Pioneer - has anyone tried upgrading their unit? Please share your experience.
Though it can be done, I suggest you to change the accessories after the completion of 5 yrs of Extended Warrantee period. I also plan to change the accessories after the completion of Extended Warrantee period, as the service centre will simply put blame on us for any malfunction.
Old 3rd February 2023, 16:55   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Planning to keep the car as long as possible. Love the vehicle. That said, I won't suffer an unreliable vehicle, whatever be the cost. The Marazzo has not net let me down on that front till now. Let's see how it goes.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 17:02   #537
BHPian

Quote:

Mahindra is selling Sony xav-ax3200 which I believe has both Apple car play and Android auto as an official Marazzo accessory on their m2all website: https://www.m2all.com/mahindra-genui...av-ax3200.html. I think if you get it installed this by your dealer you warranty should remain intact. Just crosscheck with your dealer.
Old 3rd February 2023, 17:12   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trail_lover View Post
If media speculation comes true.... Stay back Marazzo!
If they redesign the front and rear of the Marazzo and add automatic transmission along with better fuel efficiency, may be it will sell better.

Not one amongst the people I have asked liked the looks of it.

The Innova, Ertiga, Carens (Sorry Alcazar) look comparatively classy. Beauty may be in the eyes of the beholder but here the beholders are less of Marazzo key holders.

Hopefully a good and thorough refresh along with easy to remember name would help it. No one even knows that Marazzo even exists! At least people know about the Xylo.
Old 4th February 2023, 14:40   #539

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
https://www.m2all.com/mahindra-genui...av-ax3200.html. I think if you get it installed this by your dealer you warranty should remain intact. Just crosscheck with your dealer.
Thanks for the suggestion. My warranty (3 yrs) ended last year and now my Marazzo isn't under any warranty. So, I am exploring external Android unit.
Old 5th February 2023, 20:43   #540
BHPian

Hi all,

I am a new member to this forum but a long-time follower. I would like to thank the moderators for approving my request.

I own a Mahindra Marazzo M8 with a 2019 registration. I have been happy with my "shark" and have driven approximately 107,500 km so far. My warranty expired in December.

During my ownership, I have experienced the following problems:

At around 30,000 km, the air conditioner stopped working and the authorized service center (ASS) replaced the compressor for free.

At 60,000 km, the in-car entertainment (ICE) stopped working, but was replaced under warranty.

After 95,000 km, some speed sensors started malfunctioning and caused a high-speed alert in the MID even at 10 km/hr or while reversing. This was also replaced under warranty.

I have had all services done at the ASS and they have been very helpful and supportive.

Today, while I was driving, the AC went wrong again.�� It started blowing hot air and is not cooling at all. I think the compressor may have gone again. I plan to take it to the service center tomorrow or the day after to have it checked. I welcome any advice.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20200816_181842collage2.jpg  

Bonemechanic is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks