Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Seltos featured in Super Bowl commercial today -

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...os-super-bowl/
Old 3rd February 2020, 10:37   #407
Senior - BHPian

So, the Power To Surprise is Home!#TeaserShot

Kia Seltos : Official Review-k1.jpg

I am yet to go through the entire user manual. Not sure how to use Android Auto as of yet. Any quick pointer ?
bluevolt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 11:25   #408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
So, the Power To Surprise is Home!#TeaserShot
Congratulations for the newly acquired car! Wish you many happy miles with it.

Quote:
I am yet to go through the entire user manual. Not sure how to use Android Auto as of yet. Any quick pointer ?
Connect your Android phone, through the USB cable, to the central USB port on the dashboard (the USB on the right with a cover on it is for fast charging). Android Auto should be installed on your phone. Once connected, it auto detects and AA on the phone. On the ICE, you can see the AA options enabled now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Saw two cars with check engine light in the service center. We were there getting my friends car battery checked "Stable battery icon".

Two seltos both diesel had the same check engine light icon and they were busy with one while the other was still waiting. I talked to the owner of one of the cars and he said KIA people told him that the diesel used was bad quality and that has caused clogging.
According to him driving the car even with that light on causes no issues and he has driven 200-300KM with it lit.
This is a known issue and widely reported by many users. Quoted from our official review. Since then, I have read about 50 more people who have reported this issue, some of them have got it repeatedly. However, as you said, none of them have faced any break down. They have taken it to the service centers and within 15 mins, the service guys have cleaned the filter. I haven't witnessed this cleaning first hand but then none of the users have any complaint with the resolution so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
• Brand new car from a brand new manufacturer from a brand new factory. Niggles are being reported in the early cars (although we expect Hyundai-like reliability in the longer-term). --SNIP-- ashis89 reported about choked DPFs,
I tried to find a pattern and have concluded this so far - avoid premium diesel fuels and avoid refilling at pumps in small towns. I read few articles which report that BS6 fuel is being supplied to major metro cities like Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad (can anyone confirm this?). If this is true, then its better to stick to fuel bunks in these major cities to avoid DPF issues.

Quote:
I wonder if this is safe to drive and if the DPF is clogged won't high revv's help it regenerate?
If it's clogged too much then the DPF might fail to regenerate and has to be taken to the service center. Check out the instruction from the user manual. It recommends not to drive for long if the DPF is clogged.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-dpf-user-manual.jpeg

Last edited by ashis89 : 3rd February 2020 at 11:49. Reason: adding additional details
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 11:59   #409
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine has booked the top end Seltos Petrol 7 DCT at Advaith Kia on Lal Bagh Road, Bangalore. He has booked the Blue color and was told that the sales volume for Blue is less and Red and White would have a lesser turn around time. He plans to stick to the Blue color.

They have quoted 3 months waiting for Delivery. Anyone from Bangalore can comment on the turn around times from Booking to Delivery in recent times in Bangalore?
Old 3rd February 2020, 12:32   #410
BHPian

Re: South Indian Movie stars and their cars

The Kia Seltos wave hit Kerala celebrities too it seems, three in a row in just one week!

Malayalam Director M A Nishad.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-nishad.jpg

Malayalam Actor Kaillash

Kia Seltos : Official Review-kai-2.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-kai-1.jpg

Malayalam Actor/Director Bibin

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200203_095100.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200203_095041.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-pictureextractor_32202093419.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-pictureextractor_32202093817.jpg

Pics by: incheonkia
VOLANTE is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 13:32   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Congratulations for the newly acquired car! Wish you many happy miles with it.
Thanks a lot

Quote:
Connect your Android phone, through the USB cable, to the central USB port on the dashboard (the USB on the right with a cover on it is for fast charging). Android Auto should be installed on your phone. Once connected, it auto detects and AA on the phone. On the ICE, you can see the AA options enabled now.
So will it not work without a USB cable? What about connectivity through bluetooth?
Old 3rd February 2020, 13:36   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So will it not work without a USB cable? What about connectivity through bluetooth?
No it doesn't work without the USB cable, the HU is not Android Auto Wireless capable. I have also heard people facing issue while using aftermarket USB cables but the Amazon Basics Type C cable works fine in my car.

Hope it helps!
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 15:20   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
They have quoted 3 months waiting for Delivery. Anyone from Bangalore can comment on the turn around times from Booking to Delivery in recent times in Bangalore?
It is true, experienced the same here in Delhi. Initially, we wanted to go with Orange color but sales person was not ready to book orange citing unknown waiting period and was pushing for light colors. We went with our second choice - Intense Red. Overall waiting period was 1.5 months including paper work, finance and delivery for Red Seltos 1.5 Petrol.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 15:45   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is true, experienced the same here in Delhi. Initially, we wanted to go with Orange color but sales person was not ready to book orange citing unknown waiting period and was pushing for light colors. We went with our second choice - Intense Red. Overall waiting period was 1.5 months including paper work, finance and delivery for Red Seltos 1.5 Petrol.
They did have a 2019 Blue Color Seltos Top End readily available but my friend wanted to go with the 2020 Manufactured one. So the wait starts - let us see how long it takes. Given the monthly volumes of approx 14,000 a month it should not be more than 1.5 months like what you have called out is my guess.
Old 3rd February 2020, 17:30   #415

Dear fellow members,

I need your assistance to handle the recent problem with my HTK+ Petrol variant. On Saturday (1st Feb) morning, the MIL - malfunction indicator lamp started glowing and post drive it didn't go despite switching off and on the engine for 3 times.
I saw in the owners manual read that this can be related to a potential catalytic converter damage. Gave my car to the service center in Pune. Day # 1 today - after inspecting for entire day, the service representative told me that they couldn't find the problem. the diagnostics utility that they run gave no errors. They also seem to check each connector, wiring, caps etc and found everything intact. I have merely run this car for 4 months, and it has been going smooth so far. Always filled petrol from a trusted petrol bunk in Pune (Every time alighting from car after switching off the engine until petrol is filled fully and lid closed).
The service engineer told me that they have now written to Kia technical support with the necessary logs taken from diagnostic utility. Their response typically comes in a day or two - am advised to keep my car with them for another couple of days until they find out the problem.
Any advise on how should I go ahead dealing with them and satisfactorily get the resolution?
Mods: please move the thread to the right location if appending here isn't the right choice

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-kia_mil.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-mil.jpg  

gettomanish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 17:37   #416
BHPian

Hey! My dealer in Mumbai has informed me that I should be allotted the car within this week, Had booked a diesel HTE towards end of December.

I have read on the forum that the OEM alloy wheels cost 34k for the 16inch ones. One BHPian got free installation + balancing/alignment

However my dealer is asking for 45k for a set, I even sent him the screen shot of the page where the price was mentioned, but he says Mumbai price would be 45k. Can anyone help me source OEM alloys?

Last edited by Y@SH : 3rd February 2020 at 17:40.
Old 3rd February 2020, 18:42   #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
On the other hand Apple CarPlay is stable using a MFI cable, but Apple maps is inefficient for Indian conditions. Stopped using both
You can launch google maps from Apple CarPlay. I was able to do it in my car.
Old 3rd February 2020, 19:11   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Except that this DPF icon is not there on the dash. At least it does not show when switching ON the car while other icons do lit up. Maybe its a only lit when DPF is choked and not in any other case.
ajaiD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 19:51   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Hey! My dealer in Mumbai has informed me that I should be allotted the car within this week, Had booked a diesel HTE towards end of December.

I have read on the forum that the OEM alloy wheels cost 34k for the 16inch ones. One BHPian got free installation + balancing/alignment

However my dealer is asking for 45k for a set, I even sent him the screen shot of the page where the price was mentioned, but he says Mumbai price would be 45k. Can anyone help me source OEM alloys?
I couldn't find the GST bill but I have this picture on my phone.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200203192756.png

The 16" alloys are ₹7849 / unit. IIRC I paid ₹34012 which includes 4 center caps as well. Wheel balancing and alignment shouldn't cost you more than ₹1200 (I wasn't charged this luckily). So, unless the MRP of parts hasn't changed recently the dealer is trying to pull a fast one on you.

As you won't be changing tyres, why don't you take delivery and then try different dealers in Mumbai or elsewhere during your various tours.
dksv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 23:08   #420
BHPian

I had booked my GTX + DCT Intense Red on 11 Oct 2019 with Capital KIA, Perungudi, OMR Chennai. At time of booking I was informed that the waiting period is 5 to 6 months. On 07 Jan 2020 I was informed that my vehicle has come and to make the full payment. All formalities have been completed, RTO registration was done. Month and Year of Manufacture is shown as January 2020. Though the decoded VIN showed Production Date to be 28-12-2019.

The vehicle was formally delivered on 30 Jan 2020. Since I am still in Sydney I had requested my elder brother to accept the vehicle on my behalf. Attached please find handing over photo. Kia Seltos : Official Review-pic317022759683518950.jpg

I am coming to Chennai by end of this month. I am waiting to lay my hands on the machine. Happy to note that all went well.

I have a quick question for Chennai BHPians. Where in Chennai can we get BS6 petrol? Thanks in advance for your response.

Vidyadhar
Shivaji is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks