Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2020, 20:20   #901
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
Sorry to hear this. Hope you didn't try to start the engine nor try to use any switches, in which case the impact may be minimal in general. Even though the manual doesn't say anything, somewhere in this thread , someone had mentioned that the water wading capacity of Seltos is 400mm. Do you know if the water height was lower than that?
Max to max it went to 250mm. I didn't start the engine. The only switch I saw glitching was the ventilated seats. The driver side seat ventilation switch was stuck in stage 1 and it wasn't turning off. The bose amplifier was drowned. After the car goes for servicing. I need to test all the electronics.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 21:17   #902
Distinguished - BHPian

Aren't you insured for comprehensive? Please don't touch your car especially to dismantle damaged components.

Dry everything out but insurance is the best bet now. Unless it's a force majeure which it won't be.

Last edited by itwasntme : 21st May 2020 at 21:19.
Old 22nd May 2020, 12:37   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
You can only play a video from the USB pen drive. Plug one into the USB port. Yes the car has to be in stopped state and hand brake pulled up.
Thank you bro, is there some setting change that needs to be done? I wasn't able to find anything on google for Seltos (only one weird zigwheels post that says this can be done)
Old 22nd May 2020, 14:28   #904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Thank you bro, is there some setting change that needs to be done?
No settings as such. Just plug in the USB drive into the slot and select USB from main menu to read the files.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 14:30   #905
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Just had a talk with Kia again. They will be contacting me tomorrow in the morning (very annoyed with their slow response). I wish everything was done today. They also warned me not to do anything to the car and keep it as it is.
Any update from Kia on the issue? Has any work begun?
Old 22nd May 2020, 14:33   #906
BHPian

@momsonlydriver really sorry to hear about this, I know many friends and relatives who had this issue in the Chennai floods of 2016.

Just one thing I wanted to share, many unscrupulous mechanics (even in dealers) get into deals with 2nd hand dealers and will try and tell you car is condemned, electricals all fried etc, just don't sell. Many a time you can get it fully fixed under insurance (floods should be covered by default) and as you Kia is brand-new you can extract a good long life for it.

I say this because I personally know of gullible but good people who got cheated. One sold his relatively brand new XUV for 2l (was told condemned and will cost 10l to repair etc) and we saw it repurposed and on OLx for 11l in just a month.

Many many cases like this.

Please be on your guard and I would recommend you ask the experts in our forum before you take any call.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 18:09   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Any update from Kia on the issue? Has any work begun?
I have an update on a new page: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ia-seltos.html

Spoiler alert: It's positive.
momsonlydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 16:49   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
After a few close calls, I just don't feel confident driving non ESC equipped cars at highways. Ughh, I will have to do my homework again to find a car which is fun to drive, should be a petrol, should be a manual and has no cost-cutting in the safety department. Any suggestions?
Petrol manual, fun to drive with all safety features - Have you seen the new Nissan Kicks? 1.3 turbo, 156ps and it has all safety features including esp right from the base trim.
carriage.retorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 20:53   #909
BHPian

This is a very late comment from my side. Was keeping away from Seltos forum after the dct issue I had. The issue is settled for now after they changed the gear actuator unit.

Has anybody changed the springs or coilovers to lower the ride height? Are such suspension kits for Kia / Creta available in India?
In my opinion Seltos rolls quite a bit in corners. I would like to upgrade the suspension if possible. It won't spoil the ride for me as the stock set up is not that great for ride and handling.
Old 24th May 2020, 11:17   #910
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Has anybody changed the springs or coilovers to lower the ride height? Are such suspension kits for Kia / Creta available in India?
Not sure about Seltos but Creta, nothing is available. I've contacted Pete's, Bilstein, TRW, Eibach but nothing in specific for Creta.

Both the cars have very similar underpinnings anyway. Do let me know if you come across something during your research.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 23:57   #911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure about Seltos but Creta, nothing is available. I've contacted Pete's, Bilstein, TRW, Eibach but nothing in specific for Creta.

Both the cars have very similar underpinnings anyway. Do let me know if you come across something during your research.
But you have the older Creta rt? I believe the new Creta and the KIA Seltos are on the same platform but which is different from the previous edition of the Creta.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 25th May 2020, 00:25   #912
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
But you have the older Creta rt? I believe the new Creta and the KIA Seltos are on the same platform but which is different from the previous edition of the Creta.
Yes sir. I have the first generation Creta.

Not sure about the platform but when we compared the suspension components, found them to be similar. That why said in my previous post, not sure about the Seltos, Creta didn't have any available upgrades in terms of suspension.
Old 25th May 2020, 00:54   #913
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Pete's had posted this pic of lowered Creta way back in 2017 .

Kia Seltos : Official Review-fb_img_1590348048117.jpg

H&R lowering springs are used here. You can get them online directly from H&R if Petes don't have it in stock.
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 20:18   #914
BHPian

Kia seltos getting MY20 update.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/163603.jpg
https://scontent.fdel1-3.fna.fbcdn.n...fb&oe=5EF2D1D0

Source: Kia Seltos Owners Group on facebook

Last edited by sv97 : 25th May 2020 at 20:20. Reason: Added link for other features
sv97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 21:11   #915
BHPian

Hi. Since things have opened up in Pune and KIA service is operational. I am thinking of taking my seltos for its 1st service. Have booked a slot for Wednesday for now. Is it advisable to take it now or wait for few more months? Also what do they check during 1st service that cant be done at home? When I purchased my baleno in 2016 first 2 service could be done at home. is there any such proposal by KIA as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks