Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2020, 18:15   #1141

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Hey all. What’s the best way to clean the ventilated seats ? I’ve a 3M interior cleaning foam solution, but slightly unsure if that can be used. I’ve looked in the forum and can’t seem to find discussions around it.
Please let me know.
Old 7th July 2020, 23:07   #1142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSR0608 View Post
Hey all. What’s the best way to clean the ventilated seats ? I’ve a 3M interior cleaning foam solution, but slightly unsure if that can be used. I’ve looked in the forum and can’t seem to find discussions around it.
Please let me know.
There are a couple of ways,

1) ideal way - you take a hard paint brush, spray leather seat cleaner on it, agitate the surface, get rid of the dirt and wipe it with soft cloth (this need not be MF but even banian cloth is good enough)

2) spray water thin layer, clean and then use a vaccum to suck water droplets (or dryer on lowest heat setting as this l these are Leatherette and not leather) , really really won't recommend a dryer though

3) damp cloth, mixed in solution of dettol, run it over the seat.

For the rear use any leather seat cleaner (first test if colour runs) and spray and clean.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 06:03   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
As far as I know there are no screw holes for serious type of roof rack or rails at least not in my HTE. The dealership also told me that the roof rails in the higher models were non-functional.
But my search taken me to Kia Australia's official web page and they do have it on their accessories list.

I own a Gtx+ D Auto, and i could find 2 holes per roof rail which is covered with a cap on it. Not sure though what is the purpose.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200708055621_chrome.jpg  

webblescott is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 06:18   #1144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSR0608 View Post
Please let me know.
I am using 3M Interior Cleaner (Foam) which is recommended by Kia Body shop. Procured one through Amazon and used it. Works fine with all type of leathers and plastics. Even they used it on my roof liner fabrics.

Method: Just directly apply it on seats within a distance and let it penetrate for a 1-2 minutes to remove stubborn dirts and wipe it of with a micro fiber cloth. Do not worry about Ventilated seats perforation, foam gets dried out quickly.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200708060821_amazon-shopping.jpg  

Last edited by ajmat : 8th July 2020 at 08:24. Reason: typo
webblescott is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 07:41   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
I am using 3M Interior Cleaner (Foam) which is recomended by Kia Body shop. Procured one through Amazon and used it. Works fine with all type of leathers and plastics. Even they used it on my roof liner fabrics.

Method: Just directly apply it on seats within a distance and let it penetrate for a 1-2 minutes to remove stubborn dirts and wipe it of with a micro fiber cloth. Do not worry about Venilated seats preferation, foam gets dried out quickly.
I have some 6-mth old tea stains and 2-year old food stains (latter possibly being sambar/dal leaked from my lunch box) on my seats in my Tucson. Will this product be able to remove or lessen these stains?

Last edited by vharihar : 8th July 2020 at 07:43.
Old 8th July 2020, 09:11   #1146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But my search taken me to Kia Australia's official web page and they do have it on their accessories list.

I own a Gtx+ D Auto, and i could find 2 holes per roof rail which is covered with a cap on it. Not sure though what is the purpose.
Do not go by the accessories on the Australia spec Seltos website. It is highly likely that the Seltos sold in India and in Australia get a different spec of chassis. All manufacturers de-spec the cars when they bring them to India, and Hyundai’s record is no different. What is sold as accessories there may not be compatible with our Seltos. Especially for dynamic load bearing things like tow bars and roof carriers. Indian Seltos may just not have the extra reinforcement needed for them, as hardly any owner is expected to use them in India.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 8th July 2020 at 09:14.
Old 8th July 2020, 09:31   #1147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I have some 6-mth old tea stains and 2-year old food stains (latter possibly being sambar/dal leaked from my lunch box) on my seats in my Tucson. Will this product be able to remove or lessen these stains?
I have used this & also a similar one by Wurth in the past in my previous car that had vanilla beige upholstery. And yes - it had worked on similar stains for me back then (experienced multiple times between 7 to 2 years ago).
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 13:47   #1148
BHPian

Quote:

Different platforms among other differences definitely there are no screw holes on my HTE Seltos tried to find them today.
Old 8th July 2020, 17:35   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Kia introduces new connected car features. New voice commands and safety features have been added to Kia's UVO connected car system.

Quote:
Kia Motors has updated its UVO connected car technology with more features. First seen on the Seltos SUV in India, the UVO system was launched with 37 features, but it now boasts* more than 50 connected car features. The new features available on the UVO system have already been introduced in the*updated Kia Seltos*last month.**

New connected features

Kia has introduced a new voice-assisted wake up command for the UVO system which is activated by the user saying 'Hello Kia'. Along with the wake-up command, there are nine new voice commands. These include those for calling, weather information, time and date, Indian holiday information, cricket score, media control, navigation control and climate control
Source : Autocar, More on the below link

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...eatures-417895
Old 8th July 2020, 18:03   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Kia introduces new connected car features. New voice commands and safety features have been added to Kia's UVO connected car system.
The article is not clear, will this be an over the air update rolled out to all UVO users or this applies only to new UVO users
Old 8th July 2020, 22:19   #1151

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankuthimma View Post
Another thing which I forgot to mention was NCB certificate. If you have sold your old car, make sure to get the NCB certificate from the previous insurance provider and produce it to the new insurance provider.
Regarding NCB I had just recently renewed my insurance in may before selling my car, so I am not sure if I will be able to claim this benefit which you have suggested. If I am getting the insurance from outside I am getting it for 47k instead of Kia offering of 66k.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th July 2020 at 02:22. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please avoid quoting a large post as it inconveniences small screen users. Thanks!
Old 9th July 2020, 06:06   #1152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
The article is not clear, will this be an over the air update rolled out to all UVO users or this applies only to new UVO users
Hi Stribog,

I haven't heard anything yet on the OTA update though we have been told it would come at some point. Hence a software update at the service centre for infotainment system is the only go. Post that, these features should be available to old users too as there's no hardware involved.

Meanwhile, a new UVO update for android has been released last week.

Cheers,
bibendum.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 08:35   #1153
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't this talk about the confidence of UVO team? They have 'modified' the bugs, means they may not have necessarily removed them.

Jokes apart, It had plenty of bugs. Hope the new version is devoid of those annoying glitches.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200709083646_google-play-store.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 9th July 2020 at 08:37.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 08:44   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Hi Stribog,

I haven't heard anything yet on the OTA update though we have been told it would come at some point. Hence a software update at the service centre for infotainment system is the only go. Post that, these features should be available to old users too as there's no hardware involved.

Meanwhile, a new UVO update for android has been released last week.

Cheers,
bibendum.
Thanks mate, it annoys me no end that their horribly implemented Uvo continues the trend. Like if not for this forum, I would not even know about this update.

Why can't they at least flash some news on the app? Or whatsapp that uvo needs to be updated?

Don't want to take it to the showroom now though, will wait a month to flash the update
Old 11th July 2020, 10:56   #1155
BHPian

Finally a good and unbiased comparison of the Korean siblings.
sv97 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks