Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2021, 16:40   #1246
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
Being said that, I took the plunge and booked mine today online through M&M portal with PPS Church street branch Bangalore. Paid 21K advance through online and will wait for further updates from dealer.

Model booked - LX AT Diesel Hard Top in Napoli Black.

The long wait has begun !

Cheers!
Awesome... congratulations and hope the wait shortens over the time. Please make sure you contact the dealer and get your order confirmation number asap. Your CPD (promised delivery date) is based on order confirmation by dealer and not by date of online booking apparently.
justwheels is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 00:03   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSY View Post
Came across these pictures of The New Mahindra Thar with some serious Audio System updates.
The work seems to be professionally done with and the enclosures are also neatly placed. Attaching the images below:
The work looks really neat thanks to those custom enclosures. Could you share where was this work carried out ?
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 15:37   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Did the jump break the glass? What happened here?

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=WK4xEnDEJ7s
That video got me a good laugh. No.. No..

Seriously though Mahindra did a master stroke by showing the leaping Thar. People are replicating it causing damages to the cars. Lots of servicing to be done.

Lots of people seem to be treating stock Thar like monster truck. People waiting for second hand cars better watch.
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 17:17   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
What I’m looking for and can’t find anywhere at Bangalore is the one that Bimbra showcased for the seats - Front Arm rests , Rear seat arm rests and cup holders. I found those super useful, but not sure where we can install those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Talk to Taran Bimbra, I'm sure he will have some tie ups with local workshops in South India. That way you'll have a install as per bimbra ensuring peace of mind and also support from Bimbra in case anything goes wrong.
So as Navpreet mentioned I contacted Bimbra Gurgaon (official whatsapp number : +91 98100 03704, or contact@bimbra.in) to check for any Bangalore tie ups. They gave me their Bangalore dealer number who will take orders on your behalf and get them ordered. He has a factory on Magadi road and will get it fixed there. Seems some peace of mind.

I have asked him to send quotation for rear seat arm rest and the 7 slat grill. But I still plan to get the under body armour from Prad. It looks quite well made.
justwheels is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 17:41   #1250
Senior - BHPian

With such a long waiting period for even early bookers, Mahindra will have to work overtime just to clear the existing bookings of Thar, forget newer bookings.

With production lines looking full for the Thar for quite a long time, the hopes of Mahindra coming out with a long-wheelbase (LWB) 5-door version will remain a distant pipe dream . Maybe 3 more years? Who knows, they might even roll out an electric variant before the LWB.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 22nd February 2021 at 17:45.
Old 22nd February 2021, 18:42   #1251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post

With production lines looking full for the Thar for quite a long time, the hopes of Mahindra coming out with a long-wheelbase (LWB) 5-door version will remain a distant pipe dream .
I hope they do not make a 4 door variant, it would look ugly like the Wrangler Unlimited - that is not how a Jeep should look at all.
Kosfactor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 21:37   #1252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pariyadav View Post
Here is another picture of the mentioned hood latch that is now replacing the old latches. Comparative pictures though are not available.

Atleast, M&M is quickly rectifying issues than turning a blind eye to them.
Yes. Below pictures are shared by my friend. Dealer has changed them when the car went in for the first service(1k)
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img20210222wa0475.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img20210222wa0476.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img20210222wa0477.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img20210222wa0478.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img20210222wa0479.jpg  

Bibendum90949 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 23:03   #1253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Lots of people seem to be treating stock Thar like monster truck. People waiting for second hand cars better watch.
Some seem to be using it for twerking

Can't unsee you're warned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Yes. Below pictures are shared by my friend. Dealer has changed them when the car went in for the first service(1k)
What is different between these new locks and the old ones? Both look the same. Would like to know what changed, so far haven't got an answer on this from any source.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 07:17   #1254

Hello friends,
I had booked my Thar in Dec and have been informed that it is ready for delivery. Wanted to get opinions on the extended warranty offered by Mahindra. Is it worth taking?
Old 23rd February 2021, 11:12   #1255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
What is different between these new locks and the old ones? Both look the same. Would like to know what changed, so far haven't got an answer on this from any source.
My friend says the new one locks in place(may be more firmly)unlike the old one. Yes there seems to be no difference to the naked eye. Or the new one has an extra clip? Will try and get better comparable pictures.

Old one
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img20210222wa0476.jpg

New one
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img20210222wa0477.jpg

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 23rd February 2021 at 11:15.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 12:27   #1256
BHPian

After 4/5 days of excitement, Mahindra and the dealer has managed to again play spoilsport. After telling me that allocation is expected this week, today they said they are expecting allocation in 1st week of March and transit of around 20 days (dealer said this has gotten extended due to covid etc.)

So my hope of getting the Thar in March seems very bleak now. All for this waiting period that never ends. Huh!
Old 23rd February 2021, 14:07   #1257
BHPian

Anyone has any idea when will the hardtop convertible be launched?
Old 23rd February 2021, 14:44   #1258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
After telling me that allocation is expected this week, today they said they are expecting allocation in 1st week of March and transit of around 20 days (dealer said this has gotten extended due to covid etc.)
Looks like some goof up by dealer or your allocation is transferred to someone else. As soon as it is allocated, you should be getting a VIN number tagged to your name. This happens as soon as the vehicle is billed from the plant. The dealer will get to know when it is billed through a real time data base that is updated by the plant on day to day basis.

And transit time of 20 days? I thought this was manufactured in Nashik plant and that takes about 4 days for transit to Bangalore. Until unless this is manufactured somewhere in North (Jharkhand plant?) or if there are not enough transportation/logistics capabilities, the 20 days thing sounds odd.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 23rd February 2021 at 14:45.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 15:25   #1259
Senior - BHPian

Justwheels - You’re not alone. I got my call on the 16th of Feb, that my car should get dispatched soon. The first question I asked my dealer was the VIN. He said that he’ll confirm once he gets a formal email from the factory.

It is 23rd today, a full 7 days and I haven’t heard a word yet. And my calls and texts remain unanswered. These days, I feel quite ashamed to even follow up and I’m now mentally prepared to allow the dealer to give me a favour with my money, as and when they manage to deliver mine.

Yes, the delivery date will be a huge favour to me. That’s the state of mind now.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 15:35   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Looks like some goof up by dealer or your allocation is transferred to someone else. As soon as it is allocated, you should be getting a VIN number tagged to your name. This happens as soon as the vehicle is billed from the plant. The dealer will get to know when it is billed through a real time data base that is updated by the plant on day to day basis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Justwheels - You’re not alone. I got my call on the 16th of Feb, that my car should get dispatched soon. The first question I asked my dealer was the VIN. He said that he’ll confirm once he gets a formal email from the factory.

It is 23rd today, a full 7 days and I haven’t heard a word yet. And my calls and texts remain unanswered. These days, I feel quite ashamed to even follow up and I’m now mentally prepared to allow the dealer to give me a favour with my money, as and when they manage to deliver mine.

Yes, the delivery date will be a huge favour to me. That’s the state of mind now.
Yes it's very frustrating. On probing further, the SA said that they typicallly get an email from Mahindra stating the said vehicles are entering allocation/production soon so please start the finance process with customer asap. Which is why they called me and told allocation expected in a week. However, they expect that to happen by 1st week of March or so.

Now this could be just another excuse or very well be a deliberate follow up to ensure customer does not get cancellation in his mind. The SA did say they have struggled with deliveries and expect around 10 or 12 Thars allotted them this month. So the wait continues.

I agree, now I am like, just deliver when you can. And hopefully niggle free.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks