Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2021, 19:31   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My G20 330i Ownership review and First Post

Congratulations on your 330i! The car looks lovely. And a great first post too! Good detailed review. Thank you for sharing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonFume View Post
The ride is sometimes quite stiff. Yes in Eco and Comfort it is not that bad but for a luxury sedan, it sure is on the stiffer side.
Sorry for nit-picking, but this car does not have adjustable/adaptive suspensions. Thus, the ride quality is exactly the same in Eco Pro, Comfort, Sports, and Sports+ modes. There is a change in the engine characteristics and the steering depending on different modes, but the ride quality is exactly the same.
Old 1st November 2021, 19:31   #167
BHPian

Beautiful car. From where did you get the spoiler and paddle shifters?

When you blacked out the rims, did you have them painted, powder coated or dipped?

Last edited by Moontan : 1st November 2021 at 19:34.
Old 2nd November 2021, 11:40   #168
BHPian

Re: Review: BMW 330i (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Bimmer guys are in take-it or leave-it mode, but Navnit gave me a decent discount of 7-8 lakh.
Could you elucidate what type of discount you got?
Was it a cash discount or discount on availing loan from BMW or accessories?
In Chandigarh the dealer is offering a 2 lakh discount on the Gran limousine and a further 1.5 lakh discount if one avails loan facility from BMW

Last edited by ishlinea7260 : 2nd November 2021 at 11:42.
Old 3rd November 2021, 11:43   #169

MOD NOTE : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Congratulations on your 330i! The car looks lovely. And a great first post too! Good detailed review. Thank you for sharing this.

Sorry for nit-picking, but this car does not have adjustable/adaptive suspensions. Thus, the ride quality is exactly the same in Eco Pro, Comfort, Sports, and Sports+ modes. There is a change in the engine characteristics and the steering depending on different modes, but the ride quality is exactly the same.
Hello,

You are absolutely right sir and I apologize for the late reply.

What I actually meant was that the ride quality has no difference in terms of adaptive suspension but the car has such a drastic change and such dull behavior in eco mode that it actually feels less stiff and calmer/ softer in terms of daily drivability.

Exactly how you said, the engine and steering along with the transmission becoming so gentle that the car feels completely different.

In eco individual mode you can even enable air conditioning/ lighting efficiency and even a coasting mode type option but I do not know how they really work as I prefer eco mode very very rarely.

Thank you for being the first one ever to reply to my post. I am loving every bit of this.

Hello Moontan,

I got my spoiler from Indtuning, they imported that from Germany and the paddle shifter was from China. My Cousin brother had visited China and I got it delivered to him.

Coming to the wheels, I had them Painted.
Powder coating was coming off due to the heat and the finish was pathetic. I tried that first to have the option to get the wheels to their original state but the blacked-out wheel looked so beautiful in person that I decided to go full proper paint.

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd November 2021 at 13:12. Reason: Back to back posts.
CarbonFume is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 13:06   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Can this coding be done remotely?

Do you have any references for who can do the same?
I recently got my car coded by https://www.instagram.com/drcodemyvw/. I can vouch for him. It was done fully remote and he even sold me the cable since I was having issues with Amazon sending me the cable.
rbp25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 12:55   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonFume View Post
Finally, it took me immense love and joy for this car to actually want to share with you all.

I have named her Alaska.
A few months into the Ownership, I ordered a Carbon Fibre spoiler, Carbon Paddle shift extenders, Got a PPF, Dechromed the grill and Chrome bits, Blacked out the roof, and side-view mirrors, and a year later even blacked out the beautiful stock wheels.

Cheers!
Alaska is as beautiful as the state it's named after, congratulations and thank you very much for sharing your car with us. I am a huge fan of the Portimao Blue, after seeing your car, I'm divided!
BeMyWings is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 18:17   #172
BHPian

Dear fellow BMW owners

Wanted to check if you were also charged 95K as handling/logistics charges by the dealer? I understand such charges are illegal and shouldn't be levied. Was anyone able to get this waived off?
Old 9th December 2021, 22:34   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Dear fellow BMW owners

Wanted to check if you were also charged 95K as handling/logistics charges by the dealer? I understand such charges are illegal and shouldn't be levied. Was anyone able to get this waived off?
I was charged the same like many others.
I tried to get this waived off but the dealer won’t budge.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 23:42   #174
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Dear fellow BMW owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
I was charged the same like many others.
I tried to get this waived off but the dealer won’t budge.
Yes they will not waive it off, they might give you a discount to sweeten the deal effectively but it remains prominently stamped in the invoice.
And the company has no issues with it and does nothing to combat it. There was a thread about the same with BMW Motorrad as well.

We didn't have the energy to challenge them and honestly the deal as it is was really good to crib about this extra charge but with the current scenario of much lower discounts this 95k charge will surely pinch.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 21:47   #175
BHPian

does anyone know how to enable "Valet Mode" on the 330i the manual says its supposed to be there but when I look up the menu it does not show.

Is there something I need to enable to allow it to show?

The objective is that when you give it to the valet it has limits on how far the car can go, also speed limited, does not allow to turn traction control off and boot stays locked etc.
Old 13th December 2021, 15:04   #176
BHPian

Dealer is saying 330i sport is not available for delivery anywhere. I booked one October end with end of Nov/Early December delivery and being told it will be January now. Anybody else have heard the same?
Old 13th December 2021, 15:24   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvb View Post
Dealer is saying 330i sport is not available for delivery anywhere. I booked one October end with end of Nov/Early December delivery and being told it will be January now. Anybody else have heard the same?
This is true, there may be few M Sport variants available and color options will be limited too.
Old 23rd December 2021, 10:22   #178
BHPian

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used BMW 3-Series (F30)

After 2 months of search and delibration, bought a pre-owned 330i sportline G20. Its Jan/Feb 2021 mfg/reg and run only 1500 km. Did background research and checks via multiple ways and hopefully I have made the right choice. Used car market is heated right now and I have willingly overpaid about 5% of car value for following reasons:

1. Came across a good car under warranty
2. Having sold my Polo without a replacement, I was in dire need of a car
3. Reading the G20 review on tbhp, I understood that this generation has worthy improvements over F30 and so I thought it would be better to buy G20 if I want to hold the car for long
4. If the car serves me well for next 6-8 years then this amount would not matter much

Thanks maverick, akshay1234, lamborghini and itsashishsharma for your inputs and time.

Three key questions on which I am now seeking inputs:

1. I defnitely want to buy the 3rd-5th year warranty. Should I buy it right away at 1.6 lakhs or should I wait till the end of std. 2 year warranty? Does the price of EW increase if I buy it later? Is there any time of the year when BMW runs discounts on this? Is it possible that BMW hikes the EW price in Jan 2022?

2. Should I buy service pack for 5 years (Rs. 2 lakhs)? My running would be under 10k per year. The first service is already done in the month of Nov (though was due in Feb 2022, but nothing unusal in the records). Onboard system shows next service due in Nov 2022. As per my understanding, If I have to buy I should buy right away to take in account any sudden service requirement thrown by on board system (or can it be bought in the service visit itself unlike warranty which should be active before the need?).

3. Does my car have Android and Apple car play? The cluster is fully digital if that gives any reference to the updates.

Last edited by manish84 : 23rd December 2021 at 10:24.
manish84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 20:32   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
After 2 months of search and deliberation, bought a pre-owned 330i sportline G20. Its Jan/Feb 2021 mfg/reg and run only 1500 km.
Three key questions on which I am now seeking inputs:
Congratulations! My (strictly amateur) responses to your queries:

1. 5 year BRI (EW): Should definitely buy but when is your call. BMW is steadily raising the price by ~7% annually. Discounts on these packages are almost non-existent. You have to buy before your standard one expires. I'd suggest not waiting till the end, but buying at least a month or so in advance. Check directly with the BMW dealer.

2. 5 year BSI (service pack): My running is also 10-12K and I bought the 3Y/40K km one. There are mixed views on this spend. Google BSI/BRI for multiple relevant threads and read up to choose your view. You can buy this during the service itself as per my experience.

3. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay: Confused here. The G20 Sport did not originally come with the all-digital cluster and nor AA & ACP. The Sport started to get the updated iDrive 7 in August/September 2021. Did the original owner retrofit the M Sport cluster?
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 17:09   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Congratulations! My (strictly amateur) responses to your queries:

1. 5 year BRI (EW): Should definitely buy but when is your call.

2. 5 year BSI (service pack): My running is also 10-12K and I bought the 3Y/40K km one. There are mixed views on this spend.

3. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay: Confused here. The G20 Sport did not originally come with the all-digital cluster and nor AA & ACP. The Sport started to get the updated iDrive 7 in August/September 2021. Did the original owner retrofit the M Sport cluster?
  1. Yes would definitely buy the EW very soon before anything else changes. My car dealer suggested to wait for deals in monsoon. Is that advisable? When does the yearly hike happen? Jan?

2. Will give service pack a skip to avoid blocking money. My car dealer was an ex Merc salesman and advised me against it given my under 10k yearly running. About buying service pack on spot, Maverick suggested to me that it takes time to get activated and hence needs to be bought in advance and not on the day of service.

3. I am quite confused about the dashboard - mine is all digital and a really flat dashboard. I can even feel the contours of the 2 dials (does not have an overall plastic to cover the cockpit). My car dealer told me that this was updated in beginning of 2021 and this particular car was among the first ones to be rolled out with this digital cluster update. Anyways, the car does not have AA or ACP. Are these possible via software update or are they out of question due to hardware? As per my dealer, the previous owner just got 3 things from M sport - M logo, floor mats and black front grill (I got the original chrome one intact - should I sell it?).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks