Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2022, 20:55   #841
BANNED

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arundeepbv View Post
The car was with the dealer for 3 days. All the components of the injector and the convertor assembly was completely changed and I have driven it more than 500 kms since then. Thankfully no DPF errors.

The SA Mentioned that of the 2022 models, my Fortuner was the first one with the DPF issues.

Thanks Guys
Good to know! Did they charge you anything? Also, hope you did not have to drive 500 KMs to prove that you don't get the issue again
Old 18th August 2022, 13:29   #842
BANNED

Anyone has experience in cancelling their Innova or Fortuner bookings with Toyota dealerships (after initial payment of 1L)? How professional are the dealerships with the cancellation and refund?
MetalClank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 16:47   #843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalClank View Post
Anyone has experience in cancelling their Innova or Fortuner bookings with Toyota dealerships (after initial payment of 1L)? How professional are the dealerships with the cancellation and refund?
I'm sorry, but what is your question here! TOYOTA dealers are as professional or more, than any other dealer in India for their cancellation process. Are you facing any booking cancellation issues with a Toyota dealer? If so, can you please be specific and add more details.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 17:17   #844
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
I'm sorry, but what is your question here! TOYOTA dealers are as professional or more, than any other dealer in India for their cancellation process. Are you facing any booking cancellation issues with a Toyota dealer? If so, can you please be specific and add more details.
Sure. With the Innova Diesel being discontinued, would the dealers haggle with customers to buy something else (from Toyota stable) and create obstacles in cancelling and refunding their booking amounts?
Old 18th August 2022, 17:57   #845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure. With the Innova Diesel being discontinued, would the dealers haggle with customers to buy something else (from Toyota stable) and create obstacles in cancelling and refunding their booking amounts?
Very hypothetical scenario-cancellation process is standard, doesn't change per vehicle much from the same manufacturer. So, basically you have no personal bookings of your own, that you are facing an issue?
Old 18th August 2022, 18:11   #846
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Very hypothetical scenario-cancellation process is standard, doesn't change per vehicle much from the same manufacturer. So, basically you have no personal bookings of your own, that you are facing an issue?
Thanks. I don't but my colleague has a Diesel Innova and he is thinking of cancelling it by giving a reason that the dealership cannot haggle around. I have experienced myself that some manufacturer dealerships are not happy when you want your booking amount back and force you to buy something or the other. Hence trying to help my colleague out with the wisdom and experience in this forum.
Old 21st August 2022, 08:42   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I don't but my colleague has a Diesel Innova and he is thinking of cancelling it by giving a reason that the dealership cannot haggle around. I have experienced myself that some manufacturer dealerships are not happy when you want your booking amount back and force you to buy something or the other. Hence trying to help my colleague out with the wisdom and experience in this forum.
A car that is in so much waiting period, cancellation shouldn't be a hassle unless the salesman who is losing his incentive, persuades you to go for something else.

If one is clear about cancellation, be firm and take the refund, without getting carried away by sales talk by the SA.
Old 23rd August 2022, 09:20   #848
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srameshdelhi View Post
A car that is in so much waiting period, cancellation shouldn't be a hassle unless the salesman who is losing his incentive, persuades you to go for something else.

If one is clear about cancellation, be firm and take the refund, without getting carried away by sales talk by the SA.
So I did go with my colleague to the Harsha Toyota Showroom in Hyderabad to cancel his Innova Diesel booking. He was in two minds, but we both came out of the showroom with a sense of relief after cancelling the booking.
  1. The showroom SAs have no clue what Toyota is up to. They said they have stopped Innova Diesel and Fortuner Diesel bookings. They don't know what's next. They did not care to ask if my friend wanted to hold the booking for some more time and that he would be placed first when something new comes up.
  2. They were not bothered about the cancellation. My friend was relieved too because its a matter of a lakh refund which they said they would process without hassles.
  3. We spent a good 4+ hours on that day outside the showroom/service center silently observing Innovas and Fortuners come for servicing. My friend wanted to be very sure he is doing the right thing by cancelling his precious Innova booking
    • We saw some really well maintained Innovas/Fortuners and there were some really beaten up ones (and they were recent models with not much on the ODO). There was one Fortuner which rolled in with battery acid leakage and green residue all over the engine compartment. This made us think no matter how bullet proof Toyota products are, they still wont take abuse.
    • The show room has a good amount of ups and downs with speed breakers inside its compound. We could see some of the smaller and lighter technicians literally being thrown around inside the driver seats as they maneuvered them
    • For some reason, you don't get to see the "Savvy" or "Modern" crowd at Toyota showrooms. No offence, but most owners were arrogant and not ready to listen to the technicians at all. The look on their face was "I have paid 50L for this car, who are you to tell me my car wont be ready in 30 minutes? Should I call your higher up?"
    • We basically started to question if we are associating ourselves with a brand that gels with our way of life and mentality. This feeling only came after a few visits to the showroom, not when booking though.

Overall, my friend felt really out of place and felt uneasy thinking of the perception his family, colleagues and friends may develop about him driving an Innova or a Fortuner. I think Toyota makes some awesome products, but their showroom and service center vibes are really overwhelming to some of us. Most of the vibes are due to the SAs and some of the visiting customers more than the products :-(

Last edited by MetalClank : 23rd August 2022 at 09:40. Reason: Typos
MetalClank is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 10:47   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Overall, my friend felt really out of place and felt uneasy thinking of the perception his family, colleagues and friends may develop about him driving an Innova or a Fortuner. I think Toyota makes some awesome products, but their showroom and service center vibes are really overwhelming to some of us. Most of the vibes are due to the SAs and some of the visiting customers more than the products :-(
I also felt the same way and have given detailed feedback to TOYOTA about my below-average satisfaction with Purchase Experience. But there was no response from TKM. My judgment at Delhi NCR about Fortuners are mixed. There is a mixed crowd of Show-off type owners who match exactly to what you described as well as a real driving enthusiasts who bought it as their favorite off-road/highway cruiser.

TOYOTA showrooms and service centers are real deal-breakers for TOYOTA. I drive a HONDA CITY also and though they sell lesser than Toyota, their SAs are friendlier and knowledgable than Toyota SAs.

It looks like to me that Toyota is angry with India as we failed to appreciate their "wonderful" global products Corolla, Etios, Prius, Camry and Yaris by not buying in great numbers. And therefore they take revenge on us from the products that Indians like viz. Crysta and Fortuner. Not mentioning Glanza and Urban Cruiser as they are originally not from them.

Unfortunately, there is no real competition for Fortuner yet and though many tried to beat CRYSTA in the Taxi segment from where the numbers come, none succeeded.

Jeep Meridien looked like a good competition, but they got the pricing and third-row seating wrong, as usual, and were damned to remain as a fringe operator in the segment.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd August 2022 at 11:24. Reason: broken quote tag fixed
srameshdelhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 11:12   #850
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
how bullet proof Toyota products are, they still wont take abuse.[*] you don't get to see the "Savvy" or "Modern" crowd at Toyota showrooms... but most owners were arrogant and not ready to listen to the technicians at all...we are associating ourselves with a brand that gels with our way of life and mentality...Overall, my friend felt really out of place and felt uneasy thinking of the perception his family, colleagues and friends may develop about him driving an Innova or a Fortuner. but their showroom and service center vibes are really overwhelming to some of us.(
Sure this is not a dollop of confirmation bias after the cancellation?

Have read of people feeling that Toyota service centers are filled with cabbies, but to feel that the service centre vibe affects way of life and mentality? Not to say, perception of other people? Sorry, but IMO this is just trying to subconsciously find reasons to justify the cancellation.

Ofcourse you might have seen lots of the politicians/ rich white n white types of dudes in the service centre which might have given off that vibe. Reminds me of my brother and cousin saying the same about Honda service centres while both were working there. They would mockingly say that City petrol/Civic/Accord/CRV customers were gentleman like and classy, would nod to everything they say and agree to all the add-ons and mark ups. Enter the Amaze/Mobilio/City diesel gang, they would question everything in the bill and cut off all the add-ons, making it harder for the SAs to reach those monthly quotas.
DicKy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 12:00   #851
BHPian

Is this the 2023 Fortuner, or just an artist impression given the Tundra front? Really love the interiors though

Last edited by achyutaghosh : 23rd August 2022 at 12:05.
achyutaghosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 12:03   #852
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Sure this is not a dollop of confirmation bias after the cancellation?
Very possible, as I said, we both have nothing against who buy products of their choice. We both did try our best to like the product over the brand or the showroom vibe or anything else. If my friend had waited, he would have got his Innova Diesel (he was "in the queue" as per the SA and had no impact on the stoppage from Toyota). My friend was in no hurry for delivery either, nor had issues with increase in price over time. But the heart took over and could not find solace with the brand.
MetalClank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 12:21   #853
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Is this the 2023 Fortuner, or just an artist impression given the Tundra front? Really love the interiors though
https://Youtu.be/Ee3QzZmzNLA
It’s just an artist impression based on the Tundra. Several others are doing it as well!

Here are a few more renders based on the Toyota Sequoia.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-7dfd14c0d1bb4aa9a551de03c2ce8f53.jpeg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-6cabab983bf54095a4b3f6d3e3e27f9b.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 23rd August 2022 at 12:22.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 16:47   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post

While returning the vehicle after tail lamp replacement, he made a passing mention about a small sound from the right suspension which I have never observed and he was also not very sure. There is possibility of a worn out suspension or tier rod end bush, we left it go that day since I had to leave for a meeting.

Planning to get it checked next week and will keep the group updated...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
They just don't build cars with same levels of quality anymore, as say, 5-10 years back. I would not be surprised if Toyota doesn't turn out to be an exception here. Fingers crossed! Please keep us posted.
I did BLR-HYD last week ignoring the warning about the minor sound and paid heavily for it. Ride was smooth except for a slight judder during high speed braking (thought it might be the bad road surface and it happened only couple of times). Post trip, we found both the inner and outer edge of the front right tire having uneven worn out.

Diagnosis from Toyota is a bad wheel alignment job where the right camber bolt was tightened improperly has come lose. Tire alignment was done at Madhus on Kanakpura road, who are respected among the best in Bangalore and the Kanakpura road outlet has the most modern equipment. I am yet to speak to Madhus to get their version of the story.

Toyota also detected some sound from the back tire area which got fixed after tightening the handbrakes.

Hope it is all good from here..

Last edited by Sheel : 25th August 2022 at 09:50. Reason: break = brake (in this context). Thanks :-).
gadadhar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 08:08   #855
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Diagnosis from Toyota is a bad wheel alignment job where the right camber bolt was tightened improperly has come lose. Hope it is all good from here..
When did you purchase your Fortuner? Also, i have not seen wheel balancing folks touch camber bolts ever. At most, they will add led metal weights around the wheel to balance the wheels. So this is strange.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks