Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2022, 08:01   #1396
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adigup View Post
I am experiencing brake fade in my Taigun. This happens when starting to brake at 120 kmph and mostly in the range between 120 to 90 kmph (with half of the pedal pressed). It gets better after pumping a little, but I have noticed it only in the above mentioned range a couple times now, and it is strange. I haven't experienced anything similar in any other car that I have driven.
I think it's better you get this checked at the authorised service center. I haven't faced this issue so far in the 13200km of usage in the past 4 months. Mine is a 1.0L MT. I've always found the brakes to be quite efficient.

This is with a 60-70% highway usage. Make sure to show the service advisor the issue, otherwise somehow I've seen they don't accept there was anything wrong itself. This happened to me with the driver's side power window and the beading issue.

Last edited by Osteon206 : 20th June 2022 at 08:09. Reason: To add more information
Osteon206 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 18:03   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osteon206 View Post
With the monsoon begining, and the stock wipers showing signs of early wear and tear, I decided to replace all 3 wiper blades. Went for frameless wiper blades from this company called Hamaan. ATTACH]
Under Osteon206 sir's recommendation, even I got the same brands wiper installed in my taigun. These look very sleek and clean the windshield without leaving any streaks. Highly recommended. Got it from a local shop
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220621_122459.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220621_122517.jpg
Atharva14 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 19:35   #1398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharva14 View Post
Under Osteon206 sir's recommendation, even I got the same brands wiper installed in my taigun.
Looks very nice. Really appreciate the complement. The placement of the T bhp sticker at the center of the the top of the windshield also looks super cool.

P.S.: Just Osteon206 will do, please drop 'sir' henceforth.
Osteon206 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 19:59   #1399
BHPian

Quote:
These look very sleek and clean the windshield without leaving any streaks.
These do indeed look very nice! I am on the OE blades and they are absolutely wonderful in the pouring rain and light rain with no streaks.

They key is keeping the blade free of residue. Visually it may look clean but if you clean it with a light colored microfiber cloth, you will be shocked at the amount of gunk on it.
Newtown is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 23:45   #1400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post
They key is keeping the blade free of residue. Visually it may look clean but if you clean it with a light colored microfiber cloth, you will be shocked at the amount of gunk on it.
Thanks! Definitely, the amount of black residue it leaves is shocking
Atharva14 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 16:53   #1401
BHPian

Are there any updates on the AC issue from VW?

Last edited by vagman : 22nd June 2022 at 17:01.
Old 23rd June 2022, 19:35   #1402
BHPian

2 Months and 4500 KMS in my Taigun!

The 4500 kms covered basically include 50 percent of city and 50 percent of highway trips. In this course of time, nothing major has happened rather than just the window motor getting replaced under warranty. Few known issues as reported by Taigun owners include
1. Faulty driver-side window motor(Basically getting replaced under warranty)
2. Door rattling sound(Applying some transparent tape on the door pillars)
3. AC ineffectiveness (No solution from VW as of now)
4. Brake noise(observed in 1.0 AT variants)

Well, in my car the ac works perfectly well even at temperatures set in the range of 21-23 c. Cools the cabin gradually with seat ventilation on even on a hot summer day. Though, as observed the compressor does trip in my car when I rev it a bit hard. It's like providing extra power by cutting off the compressor ( Sports mode, huh?) However, it doesn't happen every time so not an issue as such.
Mine is manual, there isn't the brake noise which AT users are complaining about. Although, when at good speeds in ghat, braking and turning simultaneously, I've heard a metal clank-type sound. This only comes when I'm going into a corner and braking. Will get this checked in my 7500KMS inspection.
On highways, taigun handles the legal speed confidently, the way it should. Cruising at 100KMHR and ac set at 21 degrees with 4 passengers and luggage I've managed to get an overall efficiency of 16 KMPL. Always fuelling up with HP power or IOCL Xp95, COCO petrol pumps. Without Ac, it does manage to get 18-18.5 KMPL. (with 4 pax and luggage). Headlights, I find them excellent, have a good throw and light up the road pretty well. Fog lights too help in the case. The car is a joy to drive in the Ghats, accurate steering feel and a bit stiff suspension really makes it a driver's car! My car comes with MRF wanderers. These are really average tyres in my opinion. Tyre noise does creep into the cabin. Filled them with Nitrogen(33 PSi) and I think the ride feels a bit more stable and less bumpy now. No plans to change the tyres anytime soon.
In city conditions, I found the clutch to be a bit hard just like my old humble polo. Manageable if you find a perfect sitting position. Talking about the mileage in the city, well it manages to reach 9-10 KMPL in short trips. While 12-13 KMPL on an open stretch. Overall, I'm okay with the mileage figures as I don't drive it that sedately too! Once the turbo kicks in, the mileage drops.
Android Auto works effortlessly both wired and wireless. Never faced any issue. Sygic maps are really helpful in no network regions, it really has most of the data in them.

To sum it up, it really has been a great experience and looking forward to munching more miles with this beast!
Attaching a few pictures clicked from a recent trip.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220618_18570401.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220619_165101.jpg

700 KMS on Full Tank if driven sedately!

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220619_203132.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220619_223433.jpg
Atharva14 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 11:55   #1403
BHPian

Quote:
[h3]

Although, when at good speeds in ghat, braking and turning simultaneously, I've heard a metal clank-type sound. This only comes when I'm going into a corner and braking. Will get this checked in my 7500KMS inspection.
Even I faced this noise. Got it checked couple of times at the SC. The senior technician said this is due to body roll. Do not brake hard while making sharp turns, this will impact the suspension in longer run.
TJ02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 12:51   #1404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
Even I faced this noise. Got it checked couple of times at the SC. The senior technician said this is due to body roll. Do not brake hard while making sharp turns, this will impact the suspension in longer run.
Damn, really? Thanks a lot, will get it checked at my service centre too.
Old 26th June 2022, 00:29   #1405

I would like to know if it is standard practice to put a screen protector on the infotainment screen?

I have bought one for the comfortline smaller screen but service centre says it may void warranty. I would like to know, how so? Isn't it just like a phone screen protector?

Also, do I really need one or will a microfibre rub do once in a while?
Old 26th June 2022, 10:35   #1406
BHPian

Applying a screen protector can void warranty!?
What sort of BS is this!

Please go ahead and add the protector, no need to ask the service center.
ridehard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 19:00   #1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
Applying a screen protector can void warranty!?
What sort of BS is this!

Please go ahead and add the protector, no need to ask the service center.
Thanks for that. Will do so. My second question is where should I get it done? A standard phone screen protector shop? The showroom says it can't help me.
Old 26th June 2022, 20:48   #1408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaduri View Post
Thanks for that. Will do so. My second question is where should I get it done? A standard phone screen protector shop? The showroom says it can't help me.
Plenty of options listed on Amazon. But installing it yourself without bubbles forming can be a challenge
https://www.amazon.in/s?k=taigun+scr..._ts-doa-p_1_23
Old 26th June 2022, 21:01   #1409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Plenty of options listed on Amazon. But installing it yourself without bubbles forming can be a challenge
https://www.amazon.in/s?k=taigun+scr..._ts-doa-p_1_23
I have already ordered it from amazon, but don't want to install it myself. It can be tricky.
Old 26th June 2022, 22:58   #1410
BHPian

Hi folks,

I think this is a common issue in all the 1.0 Automatics, but I have a 1.0 Manual, and while applying brakes at crawling speeds - I am able to hear the grinding / whistling sound from the brakes. My car is 3 months old with 5,9xx kms on the odometer.

Secondly, I have been filling it just with the regular petrol from my trusted COCO outlets and still have been able to achieve decent fuel efficiency and performance. Whereas, since higher octane is suggested, should I really spend the extra money on it? or just continue with the regular unleaded petrol?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks