Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2021, 17:48   #2371
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
I too booked AX7 L DSL yesterday and OFC No starts with B-6728XXX
No clue when it would be delivered but not before Feb/Mar 2022.
Extra time to save money. Less loan
Will be very surprised if you get delivery by Feb/march 2022. The way its going, it may as well be Feb/March 2023.

Most people who booked on October 7th and 8th haven't yet heard back from Mahindra about a delivery date.
Torque_Cruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 20:39   #2372
BHPian

Went to NBS Mahindra at Andheri (Mumbai) to take a closer look at the car as the rush is far less than the first week of launch. Was able to spend ample time in the car at the showroom to get better clarity of some of the features. So here goes
1. Skyroof Opening mechanism: As someone else clarified earlier today, the curtain can be opened without the pane opening. The switch needs to be pushed just enough before it clicks. If you feel or hear the click the window pane will open. Even the SA wasn’t aware of it, so he appreciated when i informed him.
2. Smart Door Handles: In the AX7L AT version, the driver door handle can be popped out by just pressing the request sensor (three dots) in. The key has to be about less than 2 feet (outside) near the drivers door only. Does not work if anywhere else other than the drivers side door. All the door handles pop out and automatically retract when the car attains speed of 10km/hr. Pretty much when you start driving. In the manual version you need to unlock with the FOB key and then push the request sensor. As opposed to the XUV500, the ORVMs only unfold when the car is switched on.
3. Middle row reclining position: There are 3 levels of reclining position which was reassuring (as opposed to some earlier reports) and I felt the most comfortable in the most upright position. Just a personal view.
4. Blind Spot Monitoring: There is a fraction of a lag in the camera turning on, a little un-comforting. Again a very personal view. I may not rely on this while changing lanes.
5. Auto Emergency Braking: To me this was the most important feature I wanted to seek clarity on; whether the rear brake lights and the high stop lamp get triggered. I can confirm that they do get triggered. Attached is a video (unfortunately was unable to attach the.mov file) which I took when I asked the SA to demonstrate the feature. Although they do get triggered, I just feel that the brake lamps are a bit small for my liking especially during the day.

These were just some of the features i wanted to seek clarity on.

I was very impressed by the over drive, pick up, braking, visibility from the driver’s seat etc. While the ride was excellent, i felt that it was a bit jarring over some potholes. But miles ahead of my current W10 AT.

The next visit will be to check other features
- CarPlay
- Downloading of Apps
- AdrenoX connect features.

Cheers.
Vashanis is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 21:14   #2373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayak29 View Post
Quick query - I had booked my XUV700 through the dealer on Oct 8. The same day, the dealer shared a screenshot with the OTF number and I also got an email from Mahindra regarding the same. However, even 10 days later, when I log into the Mahindra website, it does not show my booking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Similar is the case with me; booked on 7th through dealer but booking does not show up on site yet. Interestingly, the entry I had in cart disappeared once the dealer booked the car. I confirmed booking details using screenshots from Dealer Management System which SA shared.
For my booking, which was done on the 7th through the dealer. I have got the sms today only stating the variant and the dealership name. It is still not reflected online on Mahindra's website. Nothing is there under my bookings.
Old 19th October 2021, 21:19   #2374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
It is still not reflected online on Mahindra's website. Nothing is there under my bookings.
All those who booked online (including me) can see the booking under My Bookings section of the website, but what use is it really? Mahindra support is asking people to contact dealer for delivery status, making the online system pretty much useless. Entire booking process has been such a disaster.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 21:32   #2375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
Wow.

Hope early buyers don't end up squandering the "price protection" advantage by shelling out 70k extra for insurance.

What a rip-off!
Yes, this looks like a very probable scenario.
Old 19th October 2021, 21:38   #2376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Cruiser View Post
Will be very surprised if you get delivery by Feb/march 2022. The way its going, it may as well be Feb/March 2023.

Most people who booked on October 7th and 8th haven't yet heard back from Mahindra about a delivery date.
By end 2023/mid 2024, we would be close to the Electric cars reign/dominance, where Diesels and Petrol's would start looking obsolete.

Last edited by Manojah : 19th October 2021 at 21:47.
Manojah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 22:04   #2377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
All those who booked online (including me) can see the booking under My Bookings section of the website, but what use is it really? Mahindra support is asking people to contact dealer for delivery status, making the online system pretty much useless. Entire booking process has been such a disaster.
Thats not true. All bookings are logged in the dealer management system irrespective of the method of booking. The B***** number quoted by few members is the DMS booking ID. And a dealer does not care if online / offline method is used as long as it is tagged to him and he is getting the money. I have booked online and my dealer has been very helpful and remains in touch passing important information. Though they dont have my delivery date, as yet.

Hope this helps you.
Old 19th October 2021, 22:19   #2378
BHPian

Interesting feature I noticed while watching some of the review videos is this user profile icon. If the XUV 700 does indeed support user profiles that would be a super cool feature. No clarification yet on how the system identifies users, could be either via the memory seat pref or mobile phone pairing.

User profiles could open up a lot of interesting features such as car auto-setting itself to a particular temperature, sun roof pref, custom driving mode, seat position, hours driven, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-untitled.jpg  

Tanmay007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 23:32   #2379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_darshi View Post
Thats not true. All bookings are logged in the dealer management system irrespective of the method of booking. The B***** number quoted by few members is the DMS booking ID. And a dealer does not care if online / offline method is used as long as it is tagged to him and he is getting the money. I have booked online and my dealer has been very helpful and remains in touch passing important information. Though they dont have my delivery date, as yet.

Hope this helps you.
I think you're missing my point, I never said bookings are not logged in system or that dealers are not honouring it. I'm simply stating when Mahindra launched online bookings bypassing dealers, the entire process until delivery should be documented and handled online as well.

There should be no need for dealer to contact us for updates (which never happened in my case) or for us to contact them, the portal should show progress otherwise why even have an online booking system.

Also at the time of booking, their customer facing portal got overloaded. But dealers had a separate portal and were able to bulk book for those who booked with them directly, unfairly giving advantage to dealers who quickly lapped up early spots.
Tanmay007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 06:45   #2380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
I think you're missing my point, I never said bookings are not logged in system or that dealers are not honouring it. I'm simply stating when Mahindra launched online bookings bypassing dealers, the entire process until delivery should be documented and handled online as well.

There should be no need for dealer to contact us for updates (which never happened in my case) or for us to contact them, the portal should show progress otherwise why even have an online booking system.

Also at the time of booking, their customer facing portal got overloaded. But dealers had a separate portal and were able to bulk book for those who booked with them directly, unfairly giving advantage to dealers who quickly lapped up early spots.
Agree, their online process is neither end to end, nor smooth. My own booking experience was very bad. The payment got deducted however was not reflecting for 4-5 days . The bookingsupport and call centers were absolutely clueless. Luckily, it started reflecting "booking confirmed" on its own

I will not recommend booking online.
p_darshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 09:09   #2381

Is Hill Hold/Descent control feature reserved only for the automatic variants or will it available on the manual transmission as well if so which variant onwards would this be available on?

Couldn't find it mentioned anywhere on the official website or specifications/features listed.

Please note Hill hold/descent was available on XUV500 W9 manual onwards.
Old 20th October 2021, 09:22   #2382
BHPian

Quote:
Similar is the case with me; booked on 7th through dealer but booking does not show up on site yet. Interestingly, the entry I had in cart disappeared once the dealer booked the car. I confirmed booking details using screenshots from Dealer Management System which SA shared.

Heard on another forum that Mahindra customer care confirmed that booking through dealers won't show up under my bookings. Not sure if it is really the case. I couldn't get a response from their customer care yet.
I had also booked through the dealer on 8th (he had messed up my booking on 7th) and was sent the OTF form copy the same day. But yet to receive any communication from Mahindra whatsoever - neither SMS nor email. Not sure if this is normal, but it certainly does not do justice to all the hoopla around online bookings / real time or automated notifications etc.
Old 20th October 2021, 09:56   #2383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
I had also booked through the dealer on 8th (he had messed up my booking on 7th) and was sent the OTF form copy the same day. But yet to receive any communication from Mahindra whatsoever - neither SMS nor email. Not sure if this is normal, but it certainly does not do justice to all the hoopla around online bookings / real time or automated notifications etc.
It is normal to not receive notifications.. I have called the customer care number 18002679929 that was shared on this thread, and they have confirmed the booking.
drshajul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 10:10   #2384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians

Here is some more juicy info on the XUV700

5. An updated version of the XUV700 with more features such as auto dimming IRVM, powered tailgate and ventilated seats etc will be launched by the end of next year. We can also expect some variant rejig in this timeframe with Mahindra discontinuing some slow selling variants.

11. According to my sources post the second price increase around January 2022, there won't be any major price rise for the next 1.5 years atleast.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more info.
These two points got me thinking. I don't mind the other misses, but a powered tailgate is something I really wanted. I wasn't expecting Mahindra to introduce it anytime soon; end of next year is pretty reasonable. If there is no significant price increase after Jan 2022, could it mean some current features will be missing in this new variant?

Quote:
I checked online on Acko. I have had very smooth claim and RSA experience with them. Their quote for comprehensive coverage with zero deprecation is 70K cheaper than what dealer mentioned.
Which Bangalore dealer is this? I believe all of them have quoted similar figures. I haven't had the chance to sit down with my SA to discuss the price break-up yet and I expect this to be a major sticking point, especially if the difference is 70k!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Here's one which has been received earlier today (sent to me on Whatsapp by a source):-

Those who booked the petrol variants should start receiving these.
Any news on diesel variants? I had set a personal waiting period of 6 months at the time of booking. Anything beyond that will be a test of patience.
Old 20th October 2021, 10:58   #2385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Cruiser View Post

I am ready for 6 months but beyond not sure about my patience level . Hope things improve in the next quarter and also hope initial niggles would be ironed out in the upcoming months. - Benefits of waiting 6 months

More greedy - if we can get some enhancements like adjustable 2nd-row seats which is a very good feature in Safari bit not there in 7OO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks