Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2022, 16:06   #7171

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hello everyone

I wanted to share my findings while messing around with the XUV700 infotainment system.

You can acess developer settings by pressing the settings icon 8 times.

There you can find out that the car runs on Android 9!

You can also change the wifi name,clear cache and get details about the software version of the car.

Android on the car leads to many possibilities like running Android apps natively on the car and even running homebrew software on it.

I am trying to get Android apps to run natively and will update if I get any success.

Some pictures:-
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20221009wa0001.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20221009wa0002.jpg  

shaurya124 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 16:13   #7172

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravkhurana View Post
What i am trying to understand is :
1. Which of the variant (D vs P) will retain more resale value post 8 years in NCR and by how much ?
2. Which variant will have lower cost of ownership through 8 years (running cost + maintenance)?
1.I believe that the petrol variant will have more resale value due to diesel being slowly abandoned by carmakers, emission norms getting stricter and DPF problems.

2.Petrol has lower service cost as it requires service less often and is lighter so tyres last a bit longer albeit running cost is a bit high due to higher cost of petrol, lower fuel economy and even the new E20 fuel.
Old 15th October 2022, 16:51   #7173

Hello,

Would anyone be able to shed light on the delivery process and the timelines?

My SA called earlier this week on Monday that he's expecting the car to be dispatched from the factory soon and it would be in BLR in 5-6 days. The whole week has passed but there's been no change in the status (no engine number, no chassis number. I booked through the dealer, so I'm guessing there's no way to check online right?). If anyone knows how dispatch and deliveries work or has gone through a similar situation, it would be really helpful if you shed some light on what typically happens.
Old 15th October 2022, 19:32   #7174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KageSama View Post
Hello,

My SA called earlier this week on Monday that he's expecting the car to be dispatched from the factory soon and it would be in BLR in 5-6 days. The whole week has passed but there's been no change in the status (no engine number, no chassis number. I booked through the dealer, so I'm guessing there's no way to check online right?). If anyone knows how dispatch and deliveries work or has gone through a similar situation, it would be really helpful if you shed some light on what typically happens.
The timeline for the car to reach the dealer is quite unknown, it might be a short process or a long one.
When I was getting my car, I only got the VIN and Engine no. when I went to do the PDI.
yuvmudapa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 21:12   #7175
Senior - BHPian

I have 2 basic questions,

Model in question: XUV 7OO AX7L Petrol AT

1. When the engine + infotainment system is running, how do we turn off just the engine?
2. On car lock/unlock using the remote, can the horn be sounded? This is available on my friend's 2018 Creta and is super helpful to know the car has locked when it not in your line of sight
Old 15th October 2022, 21:39   #7176

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

1. When the engine + infotainment system is running, how do we turn off just the engine?
2. On car lock/unlock using the remote, can the horn be sounded? This is available on my friend's 2018 Creta and is super helpful to know the car has locked when it not in your line of sight

For the 1st question, I don’t think there is a solution. Once you press stop, car will shutoff and you’ll have to press it again to bring up the infotainment system.

For the 2nd one, I don’t think there is a setting to make the horn work but a noticed that the lock symbol appears on car in adrenox app after you send the lock command, not sure if it appears post successful execution.
iPratik519 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 21:48   #7177

Quote:

1.The only option is to turn the car off and then turn it on without pressing the brake, it just turns on the infotainment. You could also try to use auto start stop but my car does not have that so I do not have any experience about it.

2.No,there is no option for the horn to be sounded while locking the car at least to my knowledge.
shaurya124 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 16:44   #7178

It’s been a month since I got my AX7L diesel AWD AT white. Haven’t taken her yet on a long drive. Thoroughly enjoying the machine though! I plan to get my brake calipers painted red. Please let me know the pros & cons and would this void the warranty?
Old 17th October 2022, 00:47   #7179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
The timeline for the car to reach the dealer is quite unknown, it might be a short process or a long one.
When I was getting my car, I only got the VIN and Engine no. when I went to do the PDI.
Can you share the PDI checklist which you used? There are multiple checklists on the forum so was looking for the most optimal one. Thanks!

Cheers,
Vins
Old 17th October 2022, 13:22   #7180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
The chirps can be muted / unmute. Press the LOCK & UNLOCK buttons together for 3 sec. to toggle between MUTE/UNMUTE mode. Hazard lamps will flash once to indicate unmute to mute condition. Hazard lamp & chirp will flash once to indicate Mute to unmute.
Kindly check clause 5.4 of the Owner's Manual.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 16:25   #7181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vins7 View Post
Can you share the PDI checklist which you used? There are multiple checklists on the forum so was looking for the most optimal one. Thanks!

Cheers,
Vins
[ATTACH=Mahindra XUV7OO - PDI Checklist.pdf]2369119[/ATTACH]
I used this one for my PDI, hope this checks all of the boxes for you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mahindra XUV7OO - PDI Checklist.pdf (788.0 KB, 464 views)
yuvmudapa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 16:45   #7182
BHPian

For manually locking the car the chirps cannot be sounded. It will be sounded only when the car gets locked automatically (after unlocked manually and left unlocked for 30 seconds).

I also feel its a big miss from Mahindra to give a nifty feature which is also safe.
zeus_700 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 20:09   #7183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KageSama View Post
Hello,

Same here as well. I have received the call from my SA that my vehicle has been allotted but it has not yet dispatched from the factory till today. I however have received my vehicle's Chassis number though.
Old 17th October 2022, 20:23   #7184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaurya124 View Post

2.No,there is no option for the horn to be sounded while locking the car at least to my knowledge.
In fact, a silent lock and unlock with just the parking lights to indicate lock/unlock status is a premium feature with higher end cars in general.

Entry level locking mechanisms /cheaper cars have that sound beeps/horn. Why add to the already excessively prevailing noise pollution. Locks/unlocks better be silent.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 17th October 2022 at 20:25.
for_cars1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 21:02   #7185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbharat4u View Post
Same here as well. I have received the call from my SA that my vehicle has been allotted but it has not yet dispatched from the factory till today. I however have received my vehicle's Chassis number though.
That's interesting. I still haven't gotten any details yet. He said tomorrow we'll know more (I've already has over a weeks worth of tomorrow's lol).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks