Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2022, 18:34   #7201
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNL_Bandi View Post
Just wondering how much was the trade-in - cost details please?
It was Rs 4600 per tire (I am pretty pissed with this). I had enquired in another store on the way, and they straightaway said we offer upto 7.5-8k and this was without any negotiation or committing to buy from them.

Last edited by Sandegov : 19th October 2022 at 18:42.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 20:19   #7202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
This last mile is the most difficult part to bear.

In my case the CPD was 10-17 June, 2022. Right from 10th. I was expecting a call from the dealer but days passed by and there was no call. On 20th June, which was Monday, I wrote a short mail to head of CRM letting her know my frustration. On 21st I got a call from the Pune plant and I was told that a car, which had just come out from the production line has been allotted to me. The dealer confirmed the allotment on 22nd morning and thereafter, every movement of the car i.e. the loading date, the despatch date from plant and the expected date of receipt at dealership was informed to me over phone. The car landed at the dealership on 29th June and I was immediately called for a PDI. Finally, delivered on 01st July, 2022.
Thanks Mr. Sommos. I would do as advised, when the date nears. Ironically, having waited this long, I wish to hear from the dealer only in Jan'23 with a 2023 model allotment.
Old 19th October 2022, 23:34   #7203
BHPian

6 attempts (6 times the car has gone to the service center just for a blank screen issue) were done to try and fix the blank screen issue but every single time it has always reoccurred again.

We even had one session with folks from the plant taking remote access to diagnose and try every possible way but always ended up reflashing and trying various things, sent back to me assuring it has been fixed only to see it happen again. Just Monday I sent it again (after their plant session fix), and once again the next day it's the same story.

The SA at the service center now says it's a common issue across all vehicles and until there's a proper fix from the company, they're unable to do anything.

Despite sending them videos and pictures, the plant folks still deny there's any issue. The service manager says to continue recording and sending them more videos.

This car has gone more times to the service center in just 3 months than my Ford car in the last 15 years. I'm wondering if this will even last for more than a few years. Mahindra is still way too behind.
Smartomotive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 10:10   #7204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
6 attempts (6 times the car has gone to the service center just for a blank screen issue) were done to try and fix the blank screen issue but every single time it has always reoccurred again.

Mahindra is still way too behind.
Maybe you should negotiate for the silver box to be replaced.
I am not an expert, but I have noted in various forums that replacement of the silver box has sorted these type of issues.
Old 20th October 2022, 13:12   #7205

Update: I just got a call from my SA. The car is in transit and would reach next weekend.

@Mjbharat4u @Rohan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbharat4u View Post
Same here as well. I have received the call from my SA that my vehicle has been allotted but it has not yet dispatched from the factory till today. I however have received my vehicle's Chassis number though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
Somewhat similar case here. We booked the AX7 D AT in Midnight Black, from Hare Krishan Mahindra, Mulund in May 2022. Got a call from the SA in the last week of September that the vehicle has been allotted and will reach the dealer soon. The dealer asked to complete payment formalities so that the delivery is not delayed. We demanded the VIN number of the allotted vehicle and initiated the payment once we received that (1st week of Oct), although in hindsight, ideally should have done this only after completing the PDI.
:/

Last edited by KageSama : 20th October 2022 at 13:39. Reason: tagging relevant posts
KageSama is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 00:22   #7206
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe you should negotiate for the silver box to be replaced.
I am not an expert, but I have noted in various forums that replacement of the silver box has sorted these type of issues.
I asked them already and even the service manager said they replaced it for some other cars which had this similar issue BUT the plant folks told them my car has no issue and thus, it's not required to replace.

The service manager told me to submit more proof, so they can "fight with the factory" folks. Took one video, and will collect more.
Old 21st October 2022, 12:21   #7207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
Started facing this issue of Blank Screen after CarPlay Update in my AX5 D AT, please keep us posted if you find a fix.
Old 21st October 2022, 16:31   #7208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KageSama View Post
Update: I just got a call from my SA. The car is in transit and would reach next weekend.

@Mjbharat4u @Rohan24
That's amazing. My online status has now changed to "vehicle in transit" and also got an SMS with an OTP but the dealer still says the vehicle has not yet dispatched. He shared a screenshot of the transit tracker as well and it is still blank. Hoping to hear back from him soon.
Mjbharat4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 15:19   #7209
BHPian

Is there anyway to transfer the incoming call or make the call & talk from phone itself while Phone/ Android Auto is connected ? Some calls I would like to talk in private and not on car audio system with everybody listening in.
Old 23rd October 2022, 01:39   #7210
BHPian

Quote:
Sometimes you need to create some noise to get attention.

Please tweet the whole issue to Mr. Anand Mahindra and tag rajesh664 and anishshah21 stating all the facts. Customer complains forwarded by the Chairman's office gets top priority.
Thank you for the suggestion, Sommos. Fortunately for me, that was not required as the next day the Dispatch Head himself called the dealer and informed him that the car would be shipped a day later. It landed at the dealer's stockyard today, so hopefully a PDI tomorrow should be possible.

Also, does anyone know whether the tyres that are fitted from the factory are randomly selected between the Bridgestone Ecopia and MRF Wanderer or are they variant-specific(I mean for the same wheel size, of course)?
I'd much prefer the Bridgestones, but it's not like I have a choice. Just curious.
Old 23rd October 2022, 08:42   #7211

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
Is there anyway to transfer the incoming call or make the call & talk from phone itself while Phone/ Android Auto is connected ? Some calls I would like to talk in private and not on car audio system with everybody listening in.
You can choose to route the output thru phone speaker / phone / car audio thru the dialer screen in Apple.

I wouldn’t recommend switching away from car audio while driving as you will then need to use phone in one hand and it will be a distraction and safety hazard.
jainsejeelo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 08:51   #7212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaanSingh View Post
Started facing this issue of Blank Screen after CarPlay Update in my AX5 D AT, please keep us posted if you find a fix.
Have you tried clearing the Dalvik cache ?

I found this useful video on Youtube(obviously )

peace
Old 23rd October 2022, 10:54   #7213
BHPian

Yesterday during a 3 kilometres drive to reach the house the blank screen happened 5 times. It comes after a ding sort of notification sound and immediately both screens goes blank and and it take 5 seconds to return to normalcy. When it comes back the instrument cluster always stays at Drive Info, wherein I always keep the instrument cluster option with fuel info.

This issue I have noticed occasionally (May be two or three times every month) when the car is in switched off condition and having seated in the car or during unlocking the car and opening the boot when suddenly some thud sounds starts in the speakers and stops in less than 10 seconds. When I switch the ignition again the cluster will show drive info instead of my normal setting of fuel info and the fuel statistics also gets reset. Have reported this case already to service center folks and the answer I got was should be some OTA updates.

The more serious issue of blank screen during driving which occurred 5 times yesterday is after the CarPlay update which was done on 28 September. When this happened I was in calls and the person at the other end said he can hear some bursting crackers sort of sounds (loud thuds).

Now coming to CarPlay itself, it’s nothing short of a dismal update. Issues faced so far has been listed below

1. Disconnects often
2. Screen becomes unresponsive. You touch any button it’s dead.
3. Disconnection happens both in wired and wireless mode. Please note I use the original Apple charging cable only.
4. Songs cracking up while playing and it resumes normally after an eternity.
5. Frequent popping up of “error establishing connection with CarPlay” message.

Other issues faced so far in 10 months of ownership.
1. Day 1 after taking delivery both the screens went blank and got fixed on its own.
2. Adrenox started to slowdown 6 months into ownership , even a command like pressing phone button in steering wheel the called list will display after 40 seconds. Reported this to service center and as usual they brushed it off by saying it requires a software update. After the update matters worsened. Can’t even explain the mess after that software update such was the connectivity issues.
3. Football in the boot from 2 months into ownership.
4. Creaking noise from break discs /pad while moving from standstill. Mine is an Automatic variant and service folks said all automatic vehicles are like this. Though I know it’s not the case I didn’t want to pursue this further as there is no point in talking to them.
5. The biggest of the issue is the service center staff and their attitude. They are very unresponsive and knows zilch about this vehicle. I have had so poor customer service from AMPL Guindy, Chennai and have moved with Zulaikha. At least they are responsive so far. Gave them the vehicle for 2nd service at 10k kilometres and CarPlay was updated by them.

Things which I am happy about.
1. Everything apart from those two screens on the dashboard.

My vehicle is AX5 D AT and has done 11.3k kilometres.

Way forward - Keeping fingers crossed and expecting Mahindra to give a robust fix to these issues. If Mahindra doesn’t give fix to the issues the thought of moving to another vehicle is going to grow on me. I am getting into mid 40s and have put my hard earned money of 2.1 million rupees into this. At this stage of my life would I want to do that? Well we’ll see what future holds.

Last edited by zeus_700 : 23rd October 2022 at 10:55.
zeus_700 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 11:09   #7214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus_700 View Post
Things which I am happy about.
1. Everything apart from those two screens on the dashboard.
Pretty sure you have a faulty silver box, push the service center for replacement. I've had the car for close to 6 months now and the blank screen issue occurred just 1 time during the initial days. I have never seen it again.

Quote:
1. Disconnects often
2. Screen becomes unresponsive. You touch any button it’s dead.
3. Disconnection happens both in wired and wireless mode. Please note I use the original Apple charging cable only.
4. Songs cracking up while playing and it resumes normally after an eternity.
5. Frequent popping up of “error establishing connection with CarPlay” message.
The CarPlay disconnections could have several reasons, the primary being overheated iPhone or an older model. Other reason might be the wifi radio in car itself (which is again related to silver box).

I'm sorry to hear about infotainment related issues but know that these are not normal and there are customers like me for whom the system works fairly well.
Tanmay007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 14:23   #7215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbharat4u View Post
That's amazing. My online status has now changed to "vehicle in transit" and also got an SMS with an OTP but the dealer still says the vehicle has not yet dispatched. He shared a screenshot of the transit tracker as well and it is still blank. Hoping to hear back from him soon.
Congratulations.. Finally your wait is about to be over..
May I ask you:
1. When did you book the car?
2. How much time does it normally take to move from "Order under planning" gradually upto "Vehicle in transit"? While it might vary for everyone based on individual location, however would be great to know about the experience.
Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed