Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2022, 15:26   #7336
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I am considering going for a booking anytime now for the AX7 L P AT. I've test driven the diesel AT, but will get one of the petrol AT too before taking the plunge. I'm primarily leaning towards petrol due to my expected low running (not more than 5-6k kms a year) and also the fear of the NGT applying similar rules as Delhi in Bangalore in the not too distant future. Besides, I've heard a lot about that mStallion petrol!
The only thing that keeps pulling me back is the much-expected single-digit FE. I want to know from folks from congested cities like Bangalore, Mumbai, etc on how bad does it get on an average in the city? A range or real FE figures you are seeing on the dash will help!
Old 17th November 2022, 16:10   #7337

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
I am considering going for a booking anytime now for the AX7 L P AT. I've test driven the diesel AT, but will get one of the petrol AT too before taking the plunge. I'm primarily leaning towards petrol due to my expected low running (not more than 5-6k kms a year) and also the fear of the NGT applying similar rules as Delhi in Bangalore in the not too distant future. Besides, I've heard a lot about that mStallion petrol!
The only thing that keeps pulling me back is the much-expected single-digit FE. I want to know from folks from congested cities like Bangalore, Mumbai, etc on how bad does it get on an average in the city? A range or real FE figures you are seeing on the dash will help!
I drive a AX7L P AT, driven about 3K. The fuel efficiency generally hovers around 8-9ish in my daily drive with heavy traffic between Delhi-Gurgaon. This goes up when you drive in less or no traffic, to about 10-11. I think this is the max one can expect with an Automatic 2L engine putting out 200bhp in normal city conditions in metros.
Highways can put out a smile on your face - the efficiency goes upto 15-16 with cruise control on in range of 80-90kmph.

Hope this info helps.
Himanshu84 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 16:56   #7338

Guys,

Taking delivery of AX7 Diesel Manual Midnight Black tomorrow. Had booked last week.

While doing PDI today, saw that the wooden trims from the doors have been replaced by leatherette trim.

It is a huge put off, takes away a lot of grace from the product.
Old 17th November 2022, 19:10   #7339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrusader View Post
Guys,
While doing PDI today, saw that the wooden trims from the doors have been replaced by leatherette trim.
Some pictures would help all of us when you take delivery. Also, could you enquire if this change is across all variants?
Old 17th November 2022, 21:25   #7340
BHPian

AFAIK, the wooden trim on the door panels was only for the media drive cars and was removed after the feedback from numerous media personnel.
Karaboudjan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 21:28   #7341

Dear BHPians,

My Dealer says they have assigned me a cancelation and will get my xuv700 by next week. It's still in transit so it's not pdi reject and also my sa assured I can do a full PDI before proceeding.

My questions,

1. SA says the car allotment will not reflect in account on Mahindra website. Should I be worried on this?
If yes whom should I contact for the same? I trust my SA to an extent but want to be sure.
2. My dealer is sireesh auto Yelahanka Bangalore. They have given following options
a) 7D floor mat, not from Mahindra, but something dealer has got and it looks pretty good
b) In House PPF/Ceramic coating.
Does anyone as experience with this dealer on any of the above options? Please share your experience.
Also please share good detailer in north bangalore for ppf/ceramic work.

Thank you in advance
Old 17th November 2022, 21:46   #7342
BHPian

Quote:

It is a huge put off, takes away a lot of grace from the product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
Also, could you enquire if this change is across all variants?
If I'm not wrong it was removed even before the car was launched. Only the first production batch had the faux wooden trim which were mostly used first as the media drive cars and then were used as showroom display cars.

Apart from those almost all other production cars had leatherette trim. Although design is a subjective matter, the consensus on this forum was that is was good to be removed as those never looked up to standard to begin with and looked too fake to be used in an otherwise classy cabin.
UltraViolence is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 22:26   #7343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaboudjan View Post
AFAIK, the wooden trim on the door panels was only for the media drive cars and was removed after the feedback from numerous media personnel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
If I'm not wrong it was removed even before the car was launched. Only the first production batch had the faux wooden trim which were mostly used first as the media drive cars and then were used as showroom display cars.

Apart from those almost all other production cars had leatherette trim. Although design is a subjective matter, the consensus on this forum was that is was good to be removed as those never looked up to standard to begin with and looked too fake to be used in an otherwise classy cabin.
Yeah, now that you guys say it I understand the OP's concern better. I've never seen the wooden trim on any production car. In fact I thought the leatherette trim meant something I hadn't seen on the production car, like in grey colour.
Old 17th November 2022, 22:39   #7344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
... I have to say ADAS is quite useful on the highways. I even came across a video when someone was using it in the fog. ....
Its a pretty good video that demonstrates a real world usage of ADAS.

One observation is that the vehicle was doing a lot of acceleration and braking manoeuvres when the adaptive cruise control was engaged. No wonder the brake pads have a life of just 10 to 15K KMs in the XUV700 where the ACC/ADAS is frequently engaging the brakes.

While driving in a manual especially on highways, there is never a need to frequently apply the brakes, one can rely on engine braking and use it very effectively in a planned manner during manoeuvres, no wonder the brake pads last so long in a manual, easily can last atkeast 30K KMs.

Those driving automatics don't get to use engine braking as effectively as in a manual and brake pads in an AT goes get worn out faster compared to MT and the wear out accelerates in ACC/ADAS scenario.

It is extremely commendable that Mahindra has brought this gem of a vehicle with so many features in our market. However I often wonder how long are the numerous sensors in such high feature vehicles going to last. If all the sensors can reliably last for atleast a 10 year period without excessive maintenance overheads , then it would be worthwhile.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 17th November 2022 at 22:41.
Old 17th November 2022, 23:37   #7345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post

Initially I thought you meant the ACC - adaptive cruise control. But then you confirmed that you can switch on and off the ADAS. I am curious to know how you do that actually, because I'm not aware of the process without switching off the AEBS.

I'm curious to know your variant and why would you not use the ACC or adaptive cruise control on a eight hour long journey.
Thanks for pointing it, may be I used ADAS and ACC interchangeably, sorry if I offended anyone, btw I have the AX7L D AT, and I don't use the ACC because I would love my brakes to last a bit longer, with ACC on its like a failed take off every time with the traffic on our highways, I already tried to explain it before that with ACC on its like an overcautios driver driving who brakes every now and then unnecessarily. I also mentioned that the ADAS was more practical on better upcoming highways like the Mumbai Delhi or Mumbai Nagpur as they might initially have relatively low traffic and they are wider. The highway that I was traveling on had very heavy traffic, I will try to make it more easier to understand- imagine a four lane highway viz. 2 lanes on each side with ACC on I am traveling on the right lane, there's a truck ahead i shift to the left lane but before I overtake the truck on right lane there's another truck on the left lane which is slower, now if I play along with ACC I will have to witness a slow motion overtake of the trucks or if I somehow squeeze between the two by manual override bingo there's another pair of trucks ahead, this was the kind of traffic (I cannot make it more easier without diagrams). This was the reason why I didn't use ACC on an 8 hour journey so that it remains 8 hour one and not extends to 12 hours.
Dark water is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 08:24   #7346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi.Nittor View Post
Dear BHPians,

My Dealer says they have assigned me a cancelation and will get my xuv700 by next week. It's still in transit so it's not pdi reject and also my sa assured I can do a full PDI before proceeding.

My questions,

1. SA says the car allotment will not reflect in account on Mahindra website. Should I be worried on this?
If yes whom should I contact for the same? I trust my SA to an extent but want to be sure.
That's odd, I got a cancellation from the same dealer and that car was showing in my Mahindra account.
yuvmudapa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 09:54   #7347
BHPian

Quote:
Taking delivery of AX7 Diesel Manual Midnight Black tomorrow. Had booked last week.
Wow.. booking to delivery in a week? That's some kind of a record for this vehicle! How'd you manage that? Was this available due to a cancellation from another customer or a fresh booking in your own name?
Old 18th November 2022, 10:50   #7348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi.Nittor View Post

My questions,

This should not be an issue at all. You'll get a new vehicle with proper registration and all documents. At the time of delivery you will have to register with the Adrenox and WYH app, that will serve you in the future. The purpose of the present system is only to track from booking to delivery.

However, check the VIN to be sure about the manufacturing month. You can also request the SA to show you the Invoice, Form-22 and other documents that have been sent by M&M along with the car - though I doubt they will show you these documents. You can always request the SA to show some document to prove that the vehicle has just arrived and was not lying at the dealer stockyard for days or months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark water View Post
Thanks for pointing it, may be I used ADAS and ACC interchangeably, sorry if I offended anyone, btw I have the AX7L D AT, and I don't use the ACC because I would love my brakes to last a bit longer, with ACC on its like a failed take off every time with the traffic on our highways, I already tried to explain it before that with ACC on its like an overcautios driver driving who brakes every now and then unnecessarily. I also mentioned that the ADAS was more practical on better upcoming highways like the Mumbai Delhi or Mumbai Nagpur as they might initially have relatively low traffic and they are wider. The highway that I was traveling on had very heavy traffic, I will try to make it more easier to understand- imagine a four lane highway viz. 2 lanes on each side with ACC on I am traveling on the right lane, there's a truck ahead i shift to the left lane but before I overtake the truck on right lane there's another truck on the left lane which is slower, now if I play along with ACC I will have to witness a slow motion overtake of the trucks or if I somehow squeeze between the two by manual override bingo there's another pair of trucks ahead, this was the kind of traffic (I cannot make it more easier without diagrams). This was the reason why I didn't use ACC on an 8 hour journey so that it remains 8 hour one and not extends to 12 hours.
First and foremost, you don't have to say Sorry for anything - we are hear to learn from each other. In my case the ADAS features are always kept on, even in city driving. It has actually helped me to tone down my aggressive driving style. During my first long drive of 1100 KM I used the ACC for the first time and my experience is documented in my ownership thread. However, I will share the same here once again :

Quote:
Tested the ADAS and the ACC with stop and go function during daytime and loved the feature. Pressing the brake pedal over rides the ACC but there is no need to actually use the brake manually. The ACC was set at 100 KMPH and the car was driving itself maintaining the lane. When a vehicle was sensed ahead the car would slow down to adjust with the speed of the vehicle ahead and maintaining a safe distance between the two cars/ vehicles. The driver has to engage the indicator and change lane and the car would accelerate on its own till it attains the set speed. I used this feature for more than 100 KM continuously but then I started feeling sleepy and I disengaged the feature.

I tried the ACC again on the Yamuna Expressway, on our way to Mathura, and after some time I started feeling sleepy. I did not try to engage the ACC on the return journey from Agra.
Sommos is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 11:51   #7349
BHPian

Has anyone figured out how to change the duration of auto indicator? By default there are 3 blinks when we press the indicator softly.. in other cars this is usually customizable to 5 or 7 blinks but I have yet to find that option in adrenox anywhere
Old 18th November 2022, 14:55   #7350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvik6 View Post
Has anyone figured out how to change the duration of auto indicator? By default there are 3 blinks when we press the indicator softly.. in other cars this is usually customizable to 5 or 7 blinks but I have yet to find that option in adrenox anywhere
No other option. Its Just 3 blinks on one touch. Cars like Creta/Seltos have this setting of 3,5 and 7 blinks on one touch. This is a miss from Mahindra as it is a very nifty feature in Highways while changing lanes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks