Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2023, 03:04   #556
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Had Second Booking in my City, Booked it on 13th January; RTO formalities are pending here, hence picking her up next week.
Congratulations, in the same boat here. Car has arrived but I wont be able to take delivery till coming week.

Excuse the bad picture quality, was shared by my RM

Maruti Jimny Review-whatsapp-image-20230609-2.01.07-pm.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-whatsapp-image-20230609-2.01.08-pm.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-whatsapp-image-20230609-2.01.10-pm-1.jpeg

I was not under any obligation for accessories but I definitely want to get the mats, wheel cover and wind deflectors
quickdraw is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 06:02   #557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Was on display, with accessories.
Congratulations.

Those grab handle covers look worthless, the finish as well as the utility. Those would be the first thing to be removed when you get the car. They look completely out of place.

This practice of dealer forcing accessories is something that needs to be checked. My Brezza was the first one at my place. The dealer said that I need to pick one of the accessories pack. I told him I'll not pick anything, even the registration will be from outside. Otherwise I'll ensure that MSIL takes some action. I had my way. Lately, I've seen that dealers do force accessories and don't listen to MSIL.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 06:15   #558
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
30K worth of Accessories are being forced with the car, since I need a quick delivery, have chosen some pre installed accessories,)
This specific guard. It looks slightly land rover ish (like what they install on the sides of the bonnet so that you can use the bonnet area to rest things without scratching the paint.)
Is this one for the Jimny made of hard plastic?
How is it mounted - With those screws or just stuck on?
Is there one such for all 4 corners of the vehicle?
Are there similar guards for the bonnet sides and similar scratch prone points?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img_2649.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 07:44   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Congratulations, in the same boat here. Car has arrived but I wont be able to take delivery till coming week.

Excuse the bad picture quality, was shared by my RM I was not under any obligation for accessories but I definitely want to get the mats, wheel cover and wind deflectors
Congratulations
Lucky you; most accessories are well priced I feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Congratulations.

Those grab handle covers look worthless, the finish as well as the utility. Those would be the first thing to be removed when you get the car. They look completely out of place.

This practice of dealer forcing accessories is something that needs to be checked. My Brezza was the first one at my place. The dealer said that I need to pick one of the accessories pack. I told him I'll not pick anything, even the registration will be from outside. Otherwise I'll ensure that MSIL takes some action. I had my way. Lately, I've seen that dealers do force accessories and don't listen to MSIL.
Yes they do look weird; but again these are easily removable, I have the option to choose from the whole basket of accessories to make up for 30K. I was given the option to get a car without accessories, but no promise on delivery times, hence chose to get this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This specific guard. It looks slightly land rover ish (like what they install on the sides of the bonnet so that you can use the bonnet area to rest things without scratching the paint.)
Is this one for the Jimny made of hard plastic?
How is it mounted - With those screws or just stuck on?
Is there one such for all 4 corners of the vehicle?
Are there similar guards for the bonnet sides and similar scratch prone points?
They are stuck on all corners of the vehicle, with a double sided tape and made of hard plastic. They are available for doors and bumpers too. Not for hood/Bonnet.
Old 10th June 2023, 09:21   #560
KPR
BANNED

There is a 1.5Lakh premium over the ex-showroom price of Zeta Jimny. But now I'm convinced that for MS this amount is meagre considering 15 years of effective ownership. For many Jimny makes a sense. I can see my better half driving it in streets and congestion than the hulk cars in market. This is going to be a hit and for the first time Suzuki India will succeed the 15 lakh segment unlike SX4 or Kizashi! Happy for them.

P.S: 6 Airbags! Remove those 50k from my 1.5Lakh premium pricing complaint.

Last edited by KPR : 10th June 2023 at 09:22.
KPR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 10:53   #561
BHPian

So got a call from dealership yesterday that my Jimny is scheduled to arrive in next 2-3 days.
Looks like deliveries are moving fast.
About details & pricing of Jimny accessories, we can check on their website: Marutisuzuki.com under genuine accessories.
Rahul Lal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 11:37   #562

Quote:
Had Second Booking in my City, Booked it on 13th January; RTO formalities are pending here, hence picking her up next week.
Congrats on getting the delivery so fast. I've booked mine in February and my dealer said that there are some 40 bookings ahead of me. So i don't know when I'll get mine. But anyway, I'm currently in Ladakh and won't go home until August. Hoping that the wait won't be long after i reach home.

I've been on the road since March and yet to see the car in person.

If you don't mind, can you please answer one question for me when you get the car. How far can the front passenger seat be pushed forward and how much can it be folded forward? I've asked this question in the forum before but the discussion went sideways and i did not get any satisfactory answers.

Also can the boot door be opened from the inside?
inmotioninc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 14:27   #563

Attaching the official Accessories brochure. Got it from my nexa showroom
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Jimny Accessories Brochure.pdf (5.41 MB, 199 views)
peyyala is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 15:11   #564

A Jimny build I saw yesterday at a 4x4 event in germany. I spoke to all of the Jimny accessory builders and they were super enthusiastic about developing stuff for the 5 door Jimny. My plans to cancel my Jimny booking are cancelled and I've retained my booking after looking at these and sitting in them

Maruti Jimny Review-jimnybuiltkit2.jpeg
A well kitted out Jimny

Maruti Jimny Review-jimnybuiltkit.jpeg
Defender style Roofrack and some cool italian evo corse alloys
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-ulstein.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-trailmaster-jimny.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-jimny-rooftop.jpeg  

Jimmyjimmyaaja is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 17:39   #565
BHPian

Today we had a quick look at the Jimny and stole another look at the Scorpio N (Z4 4x4) for our hill and occasional highway needs. First the Jimny:

As many have noted, the rear seat squab is not great. Is there any reason for keeping it short other than the gimmick about folding down the front seats and making a bed? I don’t know.

A backseat centre armrest would’ve been nice too, for support around the corners. And with the rear seats set high, there is a slightly odd sensation of peering through the top half of the window.

Width isn’t impossible for three skinny people in a pinch. No third seatbelt, yes, and I do insist on rear seatbelt use - but in a pinch, it could be done. Boot didn’t look much smaller than any other 4 metre vehicle. My mother had visions of a tailgate ladder and roof rack to complement the Jimny’s rugged appeal, but couldn’t resist a jibe about it feeling like a Vikram three wheeler in the back seat. For the record, I disagree

I especially enjoyed the view of the bonnet from the driver’s seat and the decent heft of the front doors - from the front seats this feels like a tasty car, if you can justify it.

On to the Scorpio N, which is a beast and a lot of car for 20 lakhs (Z4 manual 4x4). Hard to believe it’s only four lakhs more than the little Japanese Jeep/SUV. It has a great back seat and doubtless a great engine for a long haul on the expressway, but is too wide and cumbersome looking for the hills. Or for my mother to self-drive in town. The old Scorpios and Boleros are not in the same universe when it comes to sheer width. Body roll may also be a worry for passenger comfort. I think the GV AWD would score highest on this count and is just the right size too. But it also doesn’t truly belong in the hills, is the feeling one gets. I can imagine the precise steering and highway-tuned suspension juddering and skipping over the rocks in first gear.

Coming back to the Scorpio N, it just seems extravagantly wide for our tiny hill roads. I wouldn’t mind having one at our Delhi home, but taking this rig up from Dehradun to Landour for a midweek coffee? No thank you. Something about Mahindras of late speaks to an almost American love of excess.

The Mahindra SA quoted a laughable waiting period of 75 weeks for this variant, and tried to push us to the Z8L. He didn’t budge when I suggested a full down payment and accessories thrown in. But it was a half-hearted attempt anyway.

Back at Nexa, our SA will check our queue number tomorrow and agreed that there have been a lot of cancellations. He estimated three month’s waiting for our early Feb booking. They just have five cars for this month. Said we could change variant and colour if we liked, and was generally attentive and friendly - we shared a joke about how the Gurkha should be the vehicle of choice for the, er, size queen customers.

There were at least three groups of customers having a look at the Jimny, but at least one of them who chatted with me was disappointed - we agreed that it is just the new Gypsy, after all, and he was interested to learn that it offers better ride comfort than the Thar.

All in all, it’s probably the Thar 5-door with Scorpio N suspension that will be the most right feeling car for our needs, assuming we want to spend 20-25 lakhs and wait till next year. And if we wait another year we might have a Tata Sierra AWD EV to consider. There’s no end to this. We’ll likely just go ahead with the characterful and probably more fun to drive (in the hills) Jimny. It’s a bit small but good things come in small packages, or so they say.
Vikram9193 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 18:02   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmotioninc View Post
Congrats on getting the delivery so fast. I've booked mine in February and my dealer said that there are some 40 bookings ahead of me. So i don't know when I'll get mine. But anyway, I'm currently in Ladakh and won't go home until August. Hoping that the wait won't be long after i reach home.

If you don't mind, can you please answer one question for me when you get the car. How far can the front passenger seat be pushed forward and how much can it be folded forward? I've asked this question in the forum before but the discussion went sideways and i did not get any satisfactory answers.

The query of a True Mountain Goat, who thrives in the Himalayas, I suppose. 😁😁

Actually, I had exactly the same query as yours (Our requirements seem almost similar).

So, I decided to check things out personally.

Good news; the Front Copassenger seat traverses a good distance forward although it doesn't fold much.

With the Rear Seats completely folded/ removed, a person of upto 178 cm can comfortably sleep with legs fully stretched and with the rear Boot door closed shut.

You can DM me incase you need any pics for further clarification.
INDIAN_VAGABOND is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 18:14   #567
BHPian

Quote:

I'm a huge fan of your youtube content sir and happy to know that you are an auto enthusiast as well. The Jimny will be a perfect companion for your use case and I'm certain you will put it to very good use considering your escapades in snow with the ecosport

I hope you get your Jimny very soon and you get to travel to even more epic locales that we get to enjoy. Thank you and safe travels!
Caadmara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 18:19   #568
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram9193 View Post

All in all, it’s probably the Thar 5-door with Scorpio N suspension that will be the most right feeling car for our needs, assuming we want to spend 20-25 lakhs and wait till next year.
You are right about the price - exactly what Scorpio S11 would have been without becoming cut price classic , I have seen the 5 door Thar and it's very big, pretty much the same size as N and but it looked taller towards the rear end, perhaps as tall as old Scorpio. Makes me wonder if that is going to be a 5+2, who knows.

The 'correct' size for a utilitarian 4x4 is Bolero, but of course that would increase Bolero sales by 20 units per month
Kosfactor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 18:22   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I can visit the dealer yard tomorrow morning and check the car for these queries.
Old 10th June 2023, 19:44   #570

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAN_VAGABOND View Post
With the Rear Seats completely folded/ removed, a person of upto 178 cm can comfortably sleep with legs fully stretched and with the rear Boot door closed shut.
This is exactly the information I was looking for. Thank you so much! I'm just 3cm taller than your mentioned height but I suppose i could manage. This was the one thing that worried me about the Jimny, glad to have those doubts cleared up. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caadmara View Post
I'm a huge fan of your Youtube content sir and happy to know that you are an auto enthusiast as well.
I'm not really an enthusiast per se like the rest of the folk here. I'm just interested in the Jimny for my needs. It will open up so many new places in the winters for me.

Quote:
I can visit the dealer yard tomorrow morning and check the car for these queries.
I got my main question answered already. Thank you for the offer. The only other remaining question for me now is whether the boot door can be opened from the inside. I think the answer would be no, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if it is otherwise.
inmotioninc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks