Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2023, 18:16   #496
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
The Thar really appears VFM now. Plus it has 4 star safety rating and street cred that the Jimny will never have.
Mercedes just launched the G wagon in India for Rs 2.5 crore.

Now I feel that Jimny is a GREAT deal 😉
pheru8b is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 18:18   #497
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Suspensions - a solid axle vs a fully independent front. Brake locking diffs vs a physical MLD. There is no comparison whatsoever.
For off road, a solid axle is any day miles better than Independent Front Suspension.

The "Original" Jeep Wrangler which the THAR is a copy of, has proper solid axles in the front like the Jimny . So, according to this post, Jeep Wrangler has an inferior suspension than its copycat THAR which has IFS???

And Mahindra is no longer offering MLD and switched to Brake locking diffs in the THAR, which everyone is aware of. Check below link,

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...ware-29974.htm

This comparison is skewed and misleading.

Last edited by tarmacnaut : 8th June 2023 at 18:32.
tarmacnaut is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 18:22   #498
HTC
BANNED

Here is the Bengaluru on-road price list.
KA road taxes makes me
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-jinmy_bengaluru_pricelist.jpg  

HTC is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 18:27   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmacnaut View Post
What a skewed, misleading comparison. Shows how nervous THAR Buyers are with this Jimny launch.
Not fair sir to stereotype all Thar owners ! Most of us are enthusiast and celebrate all good vehicles with an understanding that each one serves an unique use case and will find takers. I for one would definitely take a test ride of Jimny and if it is what the reveiw says, may take a plunge and get one home. It can co-exist with Thar in the garage.
alokk0912 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 18:31   #500
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
Not fair sir to stereotype all Thar owners ! Most of us are enthusiast and celebrate all good vehicles with an understanding that each one serves an unique use case and will find takers. I for one would definitely take a test ride of Jimny and if it is what the reveiw says, may take a plunge and get one home. It can co-exist with Thar in the garage.
Agreed, edited the post and removed the last part.

Last edited by tarmacnaut : 8th June 2023 at 18:33.
tarmacnaut is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 18:34   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
KA road taxes makes me
I too got the price list from the Nexa delearship where I had booked the Jimny Alpha MT.

Karnataka RTO taxes is one thing but why should we pay for 5 years extended warranty & 2 years of maintenance cost ? Should these be part of the ex-showroom ?
Old 8th June 2023, 18:44   #502
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Purposely going off topic a little. Because Lets have some fun and lighten up the rage and doom and gloom and arguments.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img_2571.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_2558.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-250d81a680964fa592f57aec0993292e.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 18:55   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
KA road taxes makes me
This is crazy, isn't it.

There clearly 65k of robbery on the Alpha AT - Basic Accy, EW, Maintenance package.
More if one buys insurance separately.

Haven't ever purchased a new Maruti, so can anyone advise how easy it is to get these toppings removed. Just want to buy the car and mandatory stuff like road tax, insurance, fastag and nothing else.

cheers
lazy
lazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 19:11   #504
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
I somehow feel the Jimny will give me the same feels as my Jazz in 2010
Please go check and do a test drive, the Jazz is eons ahead in my humble opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
The bare bones 4 spd AT box on the GV did its job well in offroading.
Lovely car you got there, is it 2 or 2.4 Liter. I too have one 2.4 AT but capability Jimny will be 40% more pure Offroad. Trails and soft road GV can still whoop ass and in superior comfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For a "special" enthusiast's car, 1-lakh rupees is nothing.
Gladly but then you quoted the negatives at the end. Added it is a big NO. I will put MY money on a AT Thar petrol hardtop anyday for now at this price point. Enthusiast care a hoot for 4 doors or single digit FE in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitayu View Post
Interesting perspective from a colleague who is from Uttarakhand (I stay in Delhi).
===
On a differently related matter, he misses the Duster! it was a good value proposition for them.
Bingo a lost opportunity for Maruti, a base model with sub 10 Lakh OTR would have been killer as I said many times. Perfect car for the hill country folks.

Quote:
There clearly 65k of robbery on the Alpha AT - Basic Accy, EW, Maintenance package.
People who go ahead may not even realise, good that you pointed out. Should just refuse such rip off's at dealership which take the OTR price higher by 3%!!
Jaggu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 19:13   #505
BHPian

Maruti has positioned the Jimny as a niche product so I think they wouldn’t be expecting its sales to match their mass market compact SUVs like Brezza/Fronx. I just hope they have upped the safety quotient as well to match their premium pricing. One positive side effect of a lifestyle/niche product is exclusivity!

As far as it’s comparison with Thar is concerned I think Thar scores only on power (under the hood) and road presence when compared to the Jimny. Jimny would be more practical (extra 2 doors), will have a better QC, is lighter and should be more comfortable as a daily driver. As per the initial reviews, the suspension is quite comfortable from BOF standards. Thar seems to have a more bouncy ride and even though it packs a lot of punch under the hood it’s not a car that can cruise at higher speeds comfortably, given its bouncy suspension.

Last edited by Waspune : 8th June 2023 at 19:14.
Old 8th June 2023, 19:53   #506
BHPian

Sorry to interfere ..( might be out of league)
After watching the price , my Spresso feels super VFM for small family who wants SUV look without 4 wheel power but car like comfort , Maruti reliability & service , easy manoeuvrability, small foot print, good mileage , fun to drive etc.,

Last edited by kvsneela : 8th June 2023 at 19:55.
kvsneela is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 20:07   #507
BHPian

Quote:
This is crazy, isn't it.

Haven't ever purchased a new Maruti, so can anyone advise how easy it is to get these toppings removed. Just want to buy the car and mandatory stuff like road tax, insurance, fastag and nothing else.

cheers
lazy
Bought one last year. None of these are mandatory. Not even insurance from dealer. Its their job to push for maximum bill, It's our right to strike out what's not mandatory by the law.

Only advice is to ask for dropping all these after all the PDI and decided to make the final payment. It's a routine job for them, but to maintain own excitement and mood of new purchase do it in the stern yet clear way.
saurabh041086 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 20:31   #508
BHPian

19 Lakhs On road price for Alpha AT in Bangalore, is a very good pricing to avoid. Thanks to the premium pricing, we can extend our current cars for another couple of years. No current generation Engine and Gearbox, but still future pricing.

If we take the pricing in a positive way, we are saving our hard earned money for another day.
jaaz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 20:34   #509
BHPian

I think MS should have gone for the FOOT-IN-THE-DOOR technique and launched a base DELTA variant at say 10.99. That would have softened the blow somewhat.
r0nit7 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 21:55   #510
BANNED

Maruti has gotten the pricing perfectly right

Two types of customers will buy the Jimny

1) Those who genuinely need an off-roader - either for off-roading, or because they live in hills. This segment will happily pay a premium to buy a Jimny rather than buy a Brezza.

2) Those who want to buy a Jimny / Thar because they have a totally different character from the rest of the crowded array of car models on sale - this segment would want the Jimny to be priced as high as possible - so that Jimny retains its exclusivity and doesn't become a mass product. This segment would walk away from the Jimny if it had a base variant priced below 10 lakhs, and every Tom, dick and harry went and bought a Jimny (and Maruti would make nil profits in the process)

So, the premium pricing works for both segments.
PYSO is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks