Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2023, 13:58   #346
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmacnaut View Post
People are posting they expected 9.99 L or 10.5 lakh for Zeta variant Jimny is not reasonable. That is same as Baleno Zeta which is monocoque, front wheel drive with 1200 cc engine.

Jimny Zeta is a proper 4 wheel drive, body on frame SUV with 6 airbags and it has a 1500 cc engine. No wonder it costs 12 lakh. Expecting Zeta Jimny to cost same as Baleno Zeta is just ridiculous IMO.
Baleno Zeta MT is retailing for around 8.38L ex-showroom in my city. This is 4.36L cheaper than the Jimny Zeta MT ex-showroom.

Also, IIRC, Baleno Zeta also comes with 6-airbags with a ton extra features over and above the Jimny Zeta such as alloy wheels, auto climate control, keyless entry, start-stop button to name a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmacnaut View Post
My bad I was referring to Baleno alpha, post edited.
In that case, Baleno Alpha has a host of extra features. Not a fair comparison in any sense IMO.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sherlocked : 7th June 2023 at 14:15.
Sherlocked is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 13:59   #347
BHPian

Way overprized imho. Suddenly, the Thar looks more VFM. At least 1 to 1.5L more than what I expected. I wonder how many will cancel the booking.
RollinWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 14:00   #348
BHPian

Such a let down, this one.

Soliciting opinions from esteemed members for a car with:

a) Upright seating
b) Decent in-cabin experience
c) Strong build that'll handle the abuse of north Indian roads
d) Powerful enough to not strain at our newer highway speed limits
e) AT
f) Gasoline
g) No Suzukis please

15 to 19 lacs on-road.

Absolutely livid with MSIL with their Jimny launch antics now that the pricing has been revealed. I'd still have figured in the buffoonery if it were a great product at the right price, but right now it feels like having been cheated.

Well, fool me once...

Last edited by Himalayan_Ice : 7th June 2023 at 14:00. Reason: Typo
Himalayan_Ice is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 14:03   #349
BHPian

Hope MS gets to experience S-Cross 1.6 moments once again and reduces the price eventually.
arighna.dutta is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 14:06   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Mahindra must be having a sigh of relief. This is way too overpriced. Ideally, Zeta MT should have been priced from 9.99 ex-showroom.

Also, I have heard Mahindra dealers are currently giving 40k off on Thar. Good time to shift the bookings.
Guess what? I have already received a call from a Mahindra dealer suggesting me to reconsider my decision of buying a Jimny given the inflated pricing, and buy the Thar instead.
Interestingly enough, I am yet to be contacted, or updated on the pricing from the Nexa dealership .
I wonder if Maruti is interested in selling the Jimny at all? On second thought, may be the dealers are bracing themselves for the mass cancellations!!
mpant05 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 14:12   #351
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Baleno Zeta MT is retailing for around 8.38L ex-showroom in my city. This is 4.36L cheaper than the Jimny Zeta MT ex-showroom.
My bad I was referring to Baleno alpha, post edited.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-screenshot_20230607141001735_com.girnarsoft.cardekhoedit.jpg  

tarmacnaut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 14:13   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiPilaniya View Post
I hope you get a brand new car and not the one used in the Media drives at Dehradun.
Absolutely, since I was one of the first few customers to book hence I am getting preference from first lot. The Media Cars are likely going to be extensively used for the next year or so before being put on sale.

OT: I am being quoted 8.75% fixed for the loan (State Bank), is this fine or there is room to haggle for a better deal or look elsewhere?
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 14:15   #353
BHPian

I’m not surprised with the pricing.
Maruti possesses a diverse range of products capable of setting the cash registers ringing. However, it currently lacks a desirable product that embodies aspiration while being slightly beyond easy affordability. To address this gap, what’s better than a cult product like Jimny.

This endeavor aims to strategically enhance Maruti's brand image and market presence. Furthermore, Maruti has plans to introduce a badge-engineered Innova Hycross, which will serve as another product that Maruti will target uniquely to further bolster its brand identity.
Old 7th June 2023, 14:16   #354
BHPian

Here goes my chance to own a Jimmy :(. No matter how much I convince my family, nobody is going to back my decision. And even if I convince my family, I don't think I can justify the 18 Lakh price tag for a Maruti with an inferior drivetrain combo and subpar build quality with unknown safety credentials. I don't see the value offered by Jimmy and am going to cancel my booking. With a heavy heart now, I will wait for the 5 door Thar.

Also, those who are thinking it as a city slicker, in my opinion it is not going to be as easy to drive like other hatchbacks and sedans. It has a huge turning radius of 5.7 Metres. Just for reference, Baleno offers a much tighter turning radius of 4.85 metres.

Disappointed!
Slushmaster
Slushmaster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 14:18   #355
BHPian

Good that prices are kept high, do not wish Jimny to be way too common on the road.

It's so simple. There was no way it was going to cost less than ... say...XL6.

Globally, the average price of Jimny 2 door is close to USD 20,000, so I am surprised why people were expecting it to be sold in India for USD 10,000

Also INR has only depreciated more in last few years (and your income may not have increased at same pace) so 15 lakh will only appear costlier.

Also, someone who wants to buy Jimny will buy Jimny ONLY, and not a Thar. Don't know why the 2 are compared side by side

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 7th June 2023 at 17:22. Reason: Only two emoticons per post please. Thanks.
aerohit is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 14:19   #356
BHPian

While the pricing is higher than expected, when comparing with Petrol Thar it is almost on par - when I view it purely from my use case.

Am looking for a petrol 2nd car, AT, smallish and while at it fulfill a long cherished desire to own an adventurous type car.

Cheapest AT Thar is 13.5L (RWD)
Cheapest AT Jimny is 13.9L

Advantage Thar - much bigger & brawnier, faster
Advantage Jimny - 4 doors (this is big deal), 4x4 (have no use, but brag), originality.

cheers
lazy
lazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 14:24   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Globally, the average price of Jimny 2 door is close to USD 20,000, so I am surprised why people were expecting it to be sold in India for USD 10,000
+1 Maruti probably wants to concentrate on exports, as it brings more profit. But RE bikes are much cheaper in India, Maruti could have done the same.
giri1.8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 14:32   #358
BHPian

Posting after a long time.

As a Gypsy user since last 8 years (Primary Car) I was more interested in Jimny than any other enthusiast here. I dreamt of Jimny when it was not even on cards of MSIL to launch here in India. Followed the Jimny news since first rumours till the grand launch day. I checked and booked the Jimny Alpha AT in January 23 anticipating MSIL will put justifiable price tag for the Jimny looking at the justifiable and competitive price tags from M&M.

After todays price reveal I felt like why did even I bet on MSIL knowing their price strategy. I am really heartbroken and it looks like all the Jimny dreams are shattered. As someone earlier said in this thread "Its not about affordability but about the principle of paying correct price for the right product."

Its absolutely overpriced (2L-3L) vehicle practically considering a 4 seater with a outdated gearbox, we would have managed with those disadvantages but sorry MSIL I cannot justify those amounts to myself forgot about my family members. I really feel sorry for many loyal customers like me. Best luck MSIL.

Cancelling my booking today, I will prefer to stick to Gypsy.

To Jimny:
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-guddu.png  

Last edited by KiranPatil : 7th June 2023 at 14:40.
KiranPatil is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 14:38   #359
Senior - BHPian

Dear Maruti, May you please take back the two doors which you built for 5 years and give me the 3 door Jimny at ₹ 3 lakhs lesser

I'm feeling much better after having paid 20 lakhs for a Thar D AT HT just few months back. Jimny Alpha AT would cost 18.6-18.8 lakhs OTR in Blore. Add extended warranty and other usual top ups it's getting perilously close to 19 lakhs. What did I get by merely paying one lakh extra.

- A 2.2 litre gem of a diesel engine, proven one at that. Turbo charged.
- 6 speed AT
- A vehicle that's double the size of Jimny.
- Much more street cred.
- As good off road capability, if not better.

And two less doors and practicality quotient be damned.
Bibendum90949 is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 14:40   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post

Globally, if you see the prices of Suzuki cars, they are significantly costlier than the ones sold here by Maruti Suzuki. For eg. the Ignis (not the AWD one) is sold in the UK starting from 17k Pounds, which is kind of double of what Maruti sells here in India.
So, it was not at all wrong of us to think that Jimny will be priced sensibly.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-screenshot-20230607-143731.png  

Sherlocked is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks