Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2023, 11:41   #286
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Overdrive basically means, do you want to engage 4th or not? It is from the 1990s and the 4th has a very tall gear ratio.

If you press the OD button while cruising and switch it off, the gearbox will move to 3rd (3rd is the highest gear the gearbox will engage with OD off).
I remember the first gen CR-V automatic sold in India had a similar button / knob or something.
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 11:41   #287
BHPian

Jimny vs Thar Pricing is similar to how companies price their products. Small Jam for Rs 129.99 and Medium size for 149.99.

Mahindra should thank Suzuki for making their product look even more attractive.
vellatechie is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 11:43   #288
BHPian

Ridiculous pricing to say the least. It's a good 2nd car which i was planning to add to my XUV700 AWD for my adventure riding with friends. But, this pricing has put me off. I will wait for the new updated Gurkha and would not bother adding a lakh or 2 more for that instead of Jimny. Thar is still not value for money for what it offers as of now.

MSIL- cancellation on it's way....Please return my booking amount at the earliest.
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 11:43   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
At this price point, I would rather spend 1.5 lakhs more and get Thar petrol 4x4 AT.
Even better option would be to pick a pre owned Thar P AT with low usage, and due to good availability in used car market, not very difficult to find.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th June 2023 at 14:40. Reason: typo edited
Vishal.R is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 11:45   #290
BHPian

I certainly don't remember when I was last impressed with the pricing these companies are asking for; perhaps my expectations are a little different, or I am still clinging to the days when price defined the vehicle.
GhostGrid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 11:46   #291
Senior - BHPian

All it takes is a slight price cut from Mahindra on the Thar and this will effectively be dead. I think Mahindra will announce discounts now just to kill the Jimny and then go back to increasing it once it's out of everyone's minds.
Cresterk is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 11:46   #292
BHPian

Ouch! Pricing is way too high for me. One of the reasons for THAR success is that apart from being a capable offroader, it is a great daily ride especially with AVO suspension. Fact is that 90% of ride will be in city and highways and many may not even see any offroading for years together. It will be interesting to see the sales numbers as it is no longer in affordable segment.
Old 7th June 2023, 11:47   #293
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R View Post
Even batter option would be to pick a pre owned Thar P AT with low usage, and due to good availability in used car market, not very difficult to find.
True but I was looking at company lease option hence only new.
Old 7th June 2023, 11:48   #294
BHPian

I'm glad that I waited till the price reveal to book.
Ridiculous pricing.
Will be holding on to the gypsy.🫂
raj4466 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 11:51   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

With this pricing, Jimny would still appeal but only to hardcore enthusiasts. Thar is quite wide so there still may be some miniscule amount of people who would go for Jimny.

My take is that if someone who is not into serious off-road driving and wants to visit the hills and upper reaches for some fun, they can either pick up an AWD GV or a HyRyder. This is for range around 20L. Or extend their budget to pick up a Scorpio-N. For serious off roading, Thar is the only one.

Somehow, I feel that the next few days would be difficult for Mahindra to manage bookings of the Thar. Jimny may have given Mahindra reasons to smile.
BoneCollector is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 11:52   #296
Senior - BHPian

I am bit puzzled on how a Thar is more VFM than this!

The Jimny and Thar are essentially a box on wheels bolted onto a body on frame chassis. Neither is better equipped than the other.

Agree the Jimny does not score points under the hood and safety remains a question mark at this stage. However, that 1.5 NA engine is a proven mill which will run forever with basic maintenance.

Besides; the compact dimensions and 4 doors are more practical when it comes to a personal runabout.
sandeepmohan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 11:53   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Prices are out.

Remember 4x4 is standard and even the Zeta model is sufficiently loaded
Maruti has priced it at a premium as per what Mr. Shrivastva have been telling in all of his recent interviews. Initial feeling is that it is bit costly and I see a lot of cancellations.
VivekWalia1986 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 11:53   #298

Jimny still has a large following of devoted fans, but it is difficult to maintain interest at this price. Since my better half adores my Thar, I even considered switching her figo for Jimny, but given the price, I doubt I will.
Autonaut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 11:54   #299
BHPian

BHP-ian to Maruti: Jimny is overpriced
Maruti to the next customer in queue: As I was saying, this is the dotted line where you'd have to sign...
Maruti to BHP-ian: What were you saying?

Last edited by buzzy_boy : 7th June 2023 at 11:56.
buzzy_boy is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 11:55   #300
BHPian

I for one don’t think it’s a ridiculous pricing.

Firstly, the comparison with Thar pricing doesn’t make sense to me. Primarily because Jimny is going to run circle around the Thar when it comes to reliability and upkeep.

Service is arguably more important if not as important as the car itself. Many people hold back on That because of this.

Jimny being cheap to maintain will also result in the added longevity of the car. So, I don’t think it’s stretch to say that the Jimmy will easily last for 10-15 years for someone with decent maintenance. This effectively translates into saving the money of an additional upgrade in between.

So, I think calling it overpriced is a premature thought.
cefiljoseph is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks