Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2023, 17:55   #376
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

I was about to cancel my booking for Zeta AT but thought I'd share this here first:

Could it be that MS might introduce the Sigma and Delta (either or both) variants for Jimny, a bit down the line. And obviously price them cheaper than Zeta and Alpha? Has anyone picked up on any news related to this? And what are the chance that that lower version loses out on 6 airbags (all that matters to me). Cheers
sammysossa is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 18:05   #377
BHPian

No surprises, I was expecting the on-road prices to be around 18 lakhs in Kerala for Alpha AT. Not canceling the booking at the moment, will do a test drive and if the dealer can deliver Bluish Black Alpha AT around the first week of July will go ahead with it.

I can feel the disappointment with everybody here on the pricing, I also wish it to be at least 1-1.5 lakh cheaper. Everybody has their own perspective, but comparing Jimny 5 door to 3 door Thar seems odd to me. If I'm comparing Jimny 5 door pricing, it will be only against Thar 5 door. For someone who is looking for a capable 4x4 with 5 doors, unfortunately, this is what we get now until the Thar 5 door is launched.
GT145 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 18:06   #378
BHPian

I cancelled my booking and within 20 mins, the amount is credited back to my credit card. Shocked!
diyguy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 19:07   #379
BHPian

Not only is Maruti using Toyota’s SUVs, it is also using Toyota’s pricing strategyToyota might get away, but I doubt Maruti will. Time will tell.
shivasuma is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 19:44   #380
BHPian

Pricing is not that bad considering sub 4m crossovers like Sonet, Brezza etc are about 50k cheaper, Jimmy has off road hardware and a reliable motor with an option of automatic transmission, though not very fast (which probably is a good thing for an off-roader with the dynamics of a wall)

Also remember, this has rear doors that provides the practicality which an off road enthusiast can use an excuse to convince one's family vis a vis Thar or Gurkha at least as of now, I am sure the Thar/Gurkha 5 door will be much more expensive too

I am not much of an off roader, however, I feel Jimny given its relatively lighter weight and smaller dimensions will be more capable

Net net, As a lifestyle vehicle I think its a good buy at these prices, especially to those who can have only 1 car that can play the dual role
abaliga is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 19:53   #381
BHPian

I find the current pricing too high. Apparently the doors are expensive
Was hoping Mahindra will be forced to lower prices of Thar to compete with Jimny but that seems improbable now

Was checking with Dealer in Noida and it seems there is 10M waiting for new bookings (May be just to build hype).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R View Post
Even better option would be to pick a pre owned Thar P AT with low usage, and due to good availability in used car market, not very difficult to find.
Used Thar in current market are too expensive I feel. I'd rather spend a few more lakhs and get a new one.

Last edited by sandeeprawat : 7th June 2023 at 19:54.
sandeeprawat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 20:36   #382
BHPian

Aah! There goes my dream to buy a reasonably priced 4x4. Are they too bullish by the reaction jimny got from forums and YouTube(er’s).

The atrocious pricing seems like a kick in the sack to potential customers who expected MSIL to price the car at least reasonably;just as they always thought Maruti would do.

Suddenly other cars in the market look VFM be it sedans or pseudo SUVs.

It is pertinent to note that jimny demands at least an upgrade to the tune of 60k for people looking for tyre upsizing and aftermarket alloys just to make it look and feel decent enough.

I was under the impression that with a good pricing, jimny would compel M&M to reconsider Thar’s pricing but it now seems otherwise and I am worried that M&M would further increase the prices of the Thar.

If in a community of enthusiasts like T-Bhp, the general reaction is towards cancellation of bookings, I can only wonder what would be the reaction of a non enthusiasts who were initially flabbergasted with the jimny’s vibe.

Glad, even after too much coercion from my peer group I did not book one and I just had a word with a couple of friends who have just initiated cancellation today.

God bless Indian automotive enthusiasts, for the way the vehicles are being priced lately.😔
NST440 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 20:53   #383
BHPian

My mother has a Zeta MT booked since early Feb, after all the lamentation here I’m now feeling quite hopeful of delivery in three months or so. We’ll need 4x4 in the monsoon for sure. Thinking to upgrade to the Alpha, it seems like a no brainer. Will have to dechrome the grill and sell the alloys in favour of black steelies. Some bottle holders, maybe ventilated seats and possibly a 360 camera. Maybe a speaker upgrade too. Fun times ahead!
Vikram9193 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 21:13   #384
BANNED

I think everyone should just cancel the bookings and teach MSIL a lesson.
No these prices are not acceptable. Way of the mark.
But you never know what we auto junkies considered overpriced have been bought by others through almost an auction like situation.
Let’s not forget that Nexa will be charging a hefty premium for the service too. My Hexa gets a 10k km service for ₹6k while my BIL gets his XL6 serviced for almost 10k.
Drlmtukkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 21:26   #385
BHPian

Once Thar 5 door is available, Jimmy’s price will seem to be VFM.
Old 7th June 2023, 21:32   #386
BANNED

Why is everyone making such a fuss about it being overpriced? It will sell, no matter what. Look at Fronx's pricing, it's still selling despite it being overpriced. These days Maruti cars are not VFM, despite this they sell only due to word of mouth, people are not concerned about how the product is.
Looking at all these overpriced, weak build chassis cars I feel like giving up on the entire Indian automobile industry.
Piyush Kanthak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 21:59   #387
BHPian

No matter how much we criticize Maruti! no one will take a note of this, they will sell shitty vehicles at loaded price.

Third vehicle in a row - Grand Vitara, Fronx, Jimny all have been overpriced but cash registers are Maruti are filled!
Old 7th June 2023, 22:24   #388
Senior - BHPian

1. The Jimny is not a sh***y vehicle.
2. It is not a hatchback or csuv.
3. It is a well engineered and well executed ladder frame, solid axle 4x4 with a low ratio transfer case and a reliable power/drivetrain.
4. At the moment it has no competition for price / utility / practicality and international appeal.
5. It is a vehicle built to international standards and expectations made available to Indians at a premium price.

Doesn't mean it is worth it for everyone but to some, it is just right.

I happen to be straddling that fence at the moment.
gsferrari is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 22:25   #389
BHPian

Technical (read engine, GB) advancement aside, Suzuki Jimny 4 door, 4x4 is cheaper than Thar 2 door 4x4.

Jimny is a much capable and proven offroader (isnt that first reason to buy a 4x4?)

A fair comparison would be Jimny 4 door 4x4 against Thar 4 door 4x4, the latter, I believe would be much higher priced.

Thus, despite looking like a costly proposition, I think it is decently optimistic price.

And for people actually looking for longer/wider and bigger vehicle, the new Force Citiline 14 seater is the biggest SUV for them.

Last edited by Grr7 : 7th June 2023 at 22:26. Reason: Grammar
Grr7 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 22:44   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
Suddenly other cars in the market look VFM be it sedans or pseudo SUVs.

It is pertinent to note that jimny demands at least an upgrade to the tune of 60k for people looking for tyre upsizing and aftermarket alloys just to make it look and feel decent enough.
Just wait till Mahindra launches Thar 5 door, Jimny will look VFM then. And regarding upgrades, people are taking bone stock Jimny and going up against G Wagon and Hilux, dont know what you need more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Not only is Maruti using Toyota’s SUVs, it is also using Toyota’s pricing strategyToyota might get away, but I doubt Maruti will. Time will tell.
Even if Indians don't buy Jimny, world will. Jimny is gonna be an international product and I am pretty sure its gonna be a hot seller in Australia and Africa.

For everyone who are complaining about the price, these pricing is expected. In the first place its gonna be sold through Nexa not Arena. Anything less is just a pipe dream. Car prices have gone through the roof in the last couple of years and at the end Suzuki is another company whose focus is profit. Jimny seems to provide decent hardware and features to back the pricing so at the end its gonna be buyers choice.

Well I wont be buying any 4wd vehicles anytime soon, so best of luck to the members here.
Black_Star is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks