Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2023, 12:22   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Not sure what people were expecting with the prices. I think this was expected pricing for a 4x4 lifestyle product. I will take Jimny any day over Thar. This is more sophisticated, practical and urbane. Ladies of the house also wont have much objection to this car over a Thar.

People who are cancelling the bookings at the first glance of prices should rethink why they booked this car in the first place and what has changed now.
poloman is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:24   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileep View Post
Is there a way to cancel the booking online? I checked the Nexa website but couldn't find a suitable link.
Don't think so. You should have received an email with all the dealer contacts including your RM post booking, Do reach out to them. they'll ask for image of a cancelled cheque.

I knew it was time to cancel months ago when my RM's whatsapp status showed the entire team in Thailand.
trishulpani is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:25   #318
BHPian

Interesting to see the reaction here to the prices, especially since the market seems to like it quite a bit. MSIL stocks hit 52 week high after price reveal. https://www.zeebiz.com/markets/stock...booking-238904
Bhodrolok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:26   #319
BHPian

I think MSIL has reserved the Jimmy only for the YouTubers.
Within few days YouTube will be flooded with India’s First kind of Jimmy videos.
With the number of auto journalists and travelers, MSIL will be selling quite a few numbers from the initial lot.
After this initial craze I am sure there will be many cars available on Spinny and OLX, with the vloggers making “why I sold off my Jimmy within 3 months” videos.

I was going through a dilemma whether to keep my S-Cross and plan for the Jimmy as my second car, thank God I did not go through it. No way to justify this kind of pricing to the home minister.
.sourov is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:28   #320
Senior - BHPian

The Alpha MT pricing looks sweet to me. I think the pricing is just spot on taking into account that Maruti is positioning it as a premium, lifestyle offering.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:29   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
lol. No ways. on road for Alpha AT will be a shade under 19L in Bangalore.
Maruti Jimny Review-screenshot_20230607_122831_cardekho.jpg

Saw this in cardekho..realise now that is in Delhi and Bangalore price is yet to be updated. My bad. If its close to 19 lacs in Bangalore then even more crazy!!

Last edited by ags82 : 7th June 2023 at 12:33.
ags82 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:31   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishsingh View Post
I have zero need for the Jimny, I already have two cars, and the Jimny doesnt fit any of my requirements, and yet I have booked the Jimny and waiting for the price reveal with bated breath.
I resonate with that. In fact the Jimny itch triggered me into launching my own garage review (The 'Garage dilemma' thread : Buy / sell / keep / shuffle my cars) to somehow justify the Jimny.

Although I'd booked on 21st Jan and so ~9000 position in queue, looks like with everyone canceling, my turn will come soon Hope my family doesn't talk me out of the purchase
RoadFiend is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:34   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
MSIL stocks hit 52 week high after price reveal. https://www.zeebiz.com/markets/stock...booking-238904
This is such a misleading title by this news agency. Reading this title, one would think the share price has jumped since the time the prices are announced, sort of giving a positive reaction by the public.

Where as, in reality, the price has only moved in a range of 50 rupees post the announcement of the prices. That too, not on the plus side.
Share must have touched 52W high. But its not on account of Jimny prices. The whole Auto sector is up, and not just Maruti's share.

Name:  Screenshot 20230607 123230.png
Views: 680
Size:  38.6 KB

Nifty Auto index has risen from 11,900 in March 2023, to 14,800 currently.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-screenshot-20230607-124011.png  

Last edited by Sherlocked : 7th June 2023 at 12:43.
Sherlocked is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:35   #324

Can someone explain how to cancel the booking?
madraspaiyan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:36   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ags82 View Post
Attachment 2460962

Saw this in cardekho..realise now that is in Delhi and Bangalore price is yet to be updated. My bad. If its close to 19 lacs in Bangalore then even more crazy!!
18.6L for top-trim at BLR

Maruti Jimny Review-jimnyblr.jpg
RoadFiend is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:36   #326
Senior - BHPian

Dealer contacted and said they have Kinetic Yellow DT available for immediate delivery (I had booked Red DT). Since I have more or less gone impatient waiting and gotten go ahead from home ministry have changed it to Yellow and super excited to get the car.

I will go against the tide and say the prices are fine, most small hatchbacks are 10-12 lakhs now-a-days. So a price point ranging from 13-15 lakhs for this is fair in my opinion. I do empathise with everyone on the pricing, it would have been awesome if it was maybe a lakh or so lesser but realistically for someone who had decided that they want the Jimny it isn't really a dealbreaker. With BH registration this should be somewhere around 16ish on road which is something that I had budgeted. (attaching screenshot of similar car BH pricing I found online)

Maruti Jimny Review-screenshot-20230607-12.36.07-pm.png

I urge folks to take a test drive before deciding to cancel their booking. With the way things are going in used car market you can buy the car and easily flip in a few months for the same price even if you don't like the car.

Last edited by quickdraw : 7th June 2023 at 12:38.
quickdraw is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:39   #327
BHPian

I hope Jimny doesn't face the same fate as S-cross 1.6 did due to ridiculous pricing by MSIL. As most 80's kid I always admired the Gypsy & wished to own it one day but life throws different surprises in various ways. While shopping for a new car Jimny was certainly not in the list but I'm still rooting for it's success in hope one day I will get to lay my hands on a preworshipped version few years down the road
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:45   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Dealer contacted and said they have Kinetic Yellow DT available for immediate delivery (I had booked Red DT).

I hope you get a brand new car and not the one used in the Media drives at Dehradun.

Last edited by LokiPilaniya : 7th June 2023 at 12:47.
Old 7th June 2023, 12:46   #329
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ags82 View Post
Attachment 2460962

Yup this is Delhi road tax 10%. We have 19% road tax so double up the road tax and you get around 18.6-18.8L on road.

Don't forget TCS 1%, essential pack, registration/logistic charges, fastag, and nexa card price.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:48   #330
BHPian

All of this plus suspension comfort! Evo magazine says the Jimny rides better than a Crysta. They compared side by side (pinch of salt and all that).

The Jimny is a primary car. It is only a lakh more than a Brezza and will do everything at least 80% as well. It’s a primary car for people who want an infinitely cooler car than a Brezza or a Sonet, or people like my orchardist senior citizen mother who needs to self drive in the city and be driven through the hill roads and slushy trails, with luggage and farm stuff.

The Thar on the other hand is a great second car for people who enjoy a big, heavy vehicle and will pay 15-20 lakhs and heavy fuel bills for Fortuner-like road presence. But with that nasty suspension I’d be crazy to take a senior citizen on a long drive on a rough and possibly slushy road in a Thar. Thankfully, with the Jimny around, I won’t have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I expected premium-pricing, considering it's a body-on-frame vehicle, has 4x4, Nexa channel, is a style statement and a profit vehicle for Maruti. This is anyway not going to be a volume seller & those customers who really want it will be less price sensitive. It's a conscious business decision by Maruti.

In that sense, I am not surprised. Let's not forget that the Thar 4x4 variants are also very expensive for a 2-door Jeep (4x2 Thars are value-for-money). That being said, the Thar blows the Jimny away in size, presence, safety rating, 150 BHP turbo-petrol motor, beautiful 6-speed AT etc.

From the practicality POV, the main disadvantage of the Thar is the 2-door body. The Jimny also has further advantages over the Thar = fuss-free Maruti ownership, it will be the more fuel efficient, smaller size has an advantage offroad, smaller size will be preferred by many city dwellers etc.

I accept the price for what is a niche, profit-driven 4x4. Don't have a problem with the price, as much as I do with the Jimny's mediocre power rating of 103 BHP / 134 Nm. If it had a 1.5L turbo-petrol with a 6-speed AT under the hood, all would be good.

Last edited by Vikram9193 : 7th June 2023 at 12:52. Reason: Clarity and typos
Vikram9193 is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks