Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2009, 11:20   #1261
Senior - BHPian

The refreshed scorpio launched this year comes with an RFID based immo - and it would be difficult to steal that. The demand for the Scorp is high in rural areas that leads to theft, not so for the punto.

The Punto comes with a rolling code immo and is secure. See Immobiliser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Old 17th November 2009, 19:38   #1262
BHPian

@sdp1975
Does this come on all Puntos? My dad's punto is quite safe as he stays in a gated community and rarely takes it town.
Old 17th November 2009, 20:33   #1263
J.Ravi

twinblades: The immobilizer with rolling code is available in all the variants of Punto.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp punto.bmp (426.1 KB, 422 views)

Last edited by J.Ravi : 17th November 2009 at 20:36.

Old 17th November 2009, 21:02   #1264
Senior - BHPian

And here's a good article on how a rolling code transmitter/immobilizer system works :

HowStuffWorks "How Remote Entry Works"

I believe Fiat uses this system across it's range of vehicles - the Palio,Punto and Linea.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 17th November 2009 at 21:05.
Old 17th November 2009, 22:26   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Even if you do... why do you need the whole glass to be down... wind in the air... go ride a bike instead!

Its a compromise manufacturer has to make. One can have a fixed qauter glass or a full glass that goes down 60%......i think alto manages it without the fixed glass but most of the other cars have a fixed quater window.
my take is better to have clean visibility than have a black pillar bang in ur face.
Old 17th November 2009, 22:28   #1266
Senior - BHPian

thanks..so i take it that there's no need to install any safety devices. Even the scorpio has an immobiliser though I dont think it has the rolling code feature. That member who owned the scorpio was talking about changing the default code which isnt of any imp to us as the punto has a rolling code immobiliser.
Old 18th November 2009, 01:14   #1267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankursharma View Post
Its a compromise manufacturer has to make. One can have a fixed qauter glass or a full glass that goes down 60%......i think alto manages it without the fixed glass but most of the other cars have a fixed quater window.
my take is better to have clean visibility than have a black pillar bang in ur face.
As per my info a rear glass that does not go down fully also acts a safety device for children on the rear seats. Its not a huge technical challenge hard to overcome, just a simple split window mill make it go down.
Old 18th November 2009, 13:06   #1268
Senior - BHPian

The rear glass not going down completely hasn't been such a big issue. If anybody around me starts to criticise fiat on this, I just tell them its a safety feature which makes my car safer and they all clam up
Old 18th November 2009, 13:09   #1269
Senior - BHPian

I sent an e-mail to service@fiapl.com on the running-in period of the Punto ( since nothing was mentioned on the manual) and they said that the car does not require any running in.

They replied in less than an hour, impressive !
Old 18th November 2009, 14:12   #1270
BHPian

sdp1975

+1 to that. I had also pinged service@fiapl.com before and got the same reply. In my case they replied within 10 minutes. I have copied the reply from them here. They asked me to follow the guidelines in handbook. I really did not go through them yet for the past 3 weeks

Dear Sir,

Your vehicle Fiat Punto MJD does not need any running in. We request you to follow the guidelines as mentioned in the handbook.
Thanking you & assuring you of our best services at all times.

Thanks and Regards
Manu Srivastava
Customer Services
Fiat India Automobiles Ltd
Old 18th November 2009, 15:53   #1271
BHPian

Guys, need some inputs. I was planning to pick up a Punto end of the year/early next yr. But, I was just wondering if the Punto MJD VGT could be expected anywhere in the next 6 months or so? I am in no hurry and am willing to wait - do you think there is a possibility of such an announcement coming up in the auto-expo or a launch special for the first anniversary?
Old 18th November 2009, 16:09   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
Guys, need some inputs. I was planning to pick up a Punto end of the year/early next yr. But, I was just wondering if the Punto MJD VGT could be expected anywhere in the next 6 months or so? I am in no hurry and am willing to wait - do you think there is a possibility of such an announcement coming up in the auto-expo or a launch special for the first anniversary?
There are a lot of enthusiasts hoping this will happen. But I don't think anybody knows for sure. Only the Autoshow (or our scoop-master ) can tell us for sure.
Old 18th November 2009, 16:11   #1273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
sdp1975

+1 to that. I had also pinged service@fiapl.com before and got the same reply. In my case they replied within 10 minutes. I have copied the reply from them here. They asked me to follow the guidelines in handbook. I really did not go through them yet for the past 3 weeks

Dear Sir,

Your vehicle Fiat Punto MJD does not need any running in. We request you to follow the guidelines as mentioned in the handbook.
Thanking you & assuring you of our best services at all times.

Thanks and Regards
Manu Srivastava
Customer Services
Fiat India Automobiles Ltd

New engines may be pre-run ad may not require running in.

But, don't the tires need running in? AFAIK, new tires need a running in of about 300-500 Kms to get the proper grip. I still remember the lack or proper grip of my Michelin tires for the initial few hundred Kms.

Then transmission needs running in.

I may be missing some more things here, but it is not only the engine that needs running in.
Old 18th November 2009, 16:11   #1274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
There are a lot of enthusiasts hoping this will happen. But I don't think anybody knows for sure. Only the Autoshow (or our scoop-master ) can tell us for sure.
I am in the list too, waiting for a similar configuration.
Old 18th November 2009, 19:04   #1275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
I suppose you could wait till the Auto Expo is over in January. That would be the earliest. After that I don't think they would release a new variant till maybe May-June.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks