Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2014, 17:12   #3106
BANNED

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

International variant got all black interior(black glove box) but we getting same old black with beige
Old 6th June 2014, 23:20   #3107
Senior - BHPian

Excuse me for 1) not skimming all the previous pages and 2) asking this maybe stupid question; but will the facelift be carried over to the Vento too?
Old 7th June 2014, 00:06   #3108
BHPian

The instrument cluster, it seems has only undergone a color change from red to white. It's a shame that we are not getting the full size MID instead of the present truncated one.
Old 7th June 2014, 10:22   #3109

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Excuse me for 1) not skimming all the previous pages and 2) asking this maybe stupid question; but will the facelift be carried over to the Vento too?
Ofcourse it will be carried over to the vento too! But it will take some more time for the vento facelift to launch I guess.
Old 7th June 2014, 11:32   #3110
BHPian

I've seen the facelift in Zurich. As much as I like the overall design, that chrome on the front is a little odd IMO.
I came back to pick up the GT TDi and the SA informed the facelifted model is around the corner and I made a booking from the first lot. Not sure if this is a wise choice but from the looks of the car I'm really impressed.
Old 7th June 2014, 11:54   #3111
BHPian

I somehow like the interior of the facelift. Its tastefully done without overdoing stuff. Hope they price it well too. Keenly looking forward to the pricing of 1.5L diesel.
Old 7th June 2014, 11:55   #3112
Senior - BHPian

The facelift is a poor effort I must say. Externally not much difference except front bumper, fog lamp structure.

The interiors are a big let down as nothing except the updated steering wheel made it to India. This step motherly attitude almost makes me not wanna book the TSi. Just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that they bring the updated stereo panel from Golf to the Vento.

I know this is wishful thinking, but must say the update for a car so dated is a real let down. Apart from a few enthusiasts on T BHP who consider DSG/TSI combo, I am afraid VW will not have any takers from the mass market!
Old 7th June 2014, 13:30   #3113
BHPian

The biggest functional difference in the facelift is the double barrel headlights which may be expected to improve the visibility; a sore point with many current owners.
Old 7th June 2014, 22:58   #3114
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
The instrument cluster, it seems has only undergone a color change from red to white. It's a shame that we are not getting the full size MID instead of the present truncated one.
I thought display is bigger but anyhow white light is good though.
Don't know why these manufactures not providing all things/features to every country, they just follow a discrepancy policy
Old 8th June 2014, 01:47   #3115
DWC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
International variant got all black interior(black glove box) but we getting same old black with beige
The matte silver finish actually adds a nice touch to the interior of the international model. It provides a subtle dash of colour to the all black interior.

In our dual toned interiors it looks totally out of place. I'd even go so far as to say it looks like a cheap aftermarket fitment. I only hope to be corrected when I see it in person.
Old 8th June 2014, 02:22   #3116
DWC
BHPian

Sorry for the noob question, but can anyone tell me why the top of the headlight has been painted black? Is it to focus the beam more towards the road?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-0_468_700_httpi.haymarket.net.auextraimages20140605100504_img_20140605_142241.jpg  

DWC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2014, 07:32   #3117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
Sorry for the noob question, but can anyone tell me why the top of the headlight has been painted black? Is it to focus the beam more towards the road?
Add me to the list. I haven't read anyone say it improves visibility. They say it adds to styling.

Cheers,
Old 8th June 2014, 07:48   #3118
BHPian

Quote:
This has been done to improve the looks and nothing else. If you compare this with the non blackened one, these blackened ones look more aggressive.
From the manufacturers point of view, the blackened version symbolizes a new version with a few more features and a slightly different look.
Old 8th June 2014, 17:29   #3119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Been anticipating this launch for a while now.

The +'s:
1.5L TDI engine.
Droolworthy alloys
Headlamps
Steering wheel
White backlight for the instrument cluster
Seems like the facelift will get the rear seats with L-shaped head rests (like the international version) for better visibility (rear) to the driver.
Old 9th June 2014, 10:25   #3120
Senior - BHPian

Things like the LED cluster in the headlamps , central unit from the Laura/ Jetta would have probably increased costs even further and made it substantially dearer than its closest rivals like the i20 & co. From that point of view i understand the omissions.

No one knows the answer to a really important question though...whether or not the GT TDi will indeed have a DSG option. Not having one would be a deal breaker for me when i go in to replace my 9 year old civic later this year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks