Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2014, 16:29   #2971
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post

A few queries:
1. I was told that the Comfortline does not come with Airbags and ABS even though the VW website says it does so for cars manufactured after Feb 2014. Can someone enlighten me about who is right? The dealer mentioned that it still hasn't been implemented.

2. I use a child car seat and am keen on having an anchor point for the child car seat hook as this makes it much safer than just using the seat belt. The polo did not have an anchor point and the dealer did not know anything bout it. Have any of you managed to fit an isofix or an anchor point to a polo (or for any other Indian hatch). I saw anchor points in the Sail UVA and Sail sedan, but none in the Grand i10 or Liva.
1. Did you check with a specific VIN? You will be able to find out the month and year of manufacturing using the VIN. As you’ve rightly suggested, VW India’s website has been updated with the details about the provision of airbags in the trendline and comfortline models:

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-1.png

2. The Polo/Vento doesn’t have ISOFIX anchor points for securing the child seat. Even the Rapid doesn’t have it and the Rapid’s manual has these instructions posted about securing a child seat using the seatbelt fastener:

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-2.png
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 19:38   #2972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
1. Did you check with a specific VIN? You will be able to find out the month and year of manufacturing using the VIN. As you’ve rightly suggested, VW India’s website has been updated with the details about the provision of airbags in the trendline and comfortline models:
I haven't yet made a decision, so haven't looked at VIN numbers.
Called up VW Chennai and they also mentioned the same thing.
They however had a bit more of discounts.

One thing that is putting me off VW is the high cost of spares and parts. I stay in a very crowded town and there is a huge chance that mirrors and bumpers will be damaged. Wonder whether Bumper to Bumper insurance will ensure that my repair costs are not too high!

One more query about rear space - how is the polo back bench space compared to the Swift? I felt it was better than the Grand i10, but worse than the Liva and i20. Couldn't compare it to a swift though.
Old 31st March 2014, 19:57   #2973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M51Day View Post

In the short time that I've driven it I already realise how poor the stock OEM bulbs are. So either I will need to drive with the fog lamps on or get those bulbs replaced. Is Bangalore street lighting especially bad, perhaps because of all the trees?
I too took delivery of a Polo HL 5 months back. Changed the stock bulbs to Philips Extreme Vision and am happy with the result. Go for it !.
Old 1st April 2014, 05:35   #2974

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti View Post
I too took delivery of a Polo HL 5 months back. Changed the stock bulbs to Philips Extreme Vision and am happy with the result. Go for it !.

Can they be installed without touching the wiring? Dropped in place? Wouldn't want to void the warranty
Old 1st April 2014, 10:21   #2975
BHPian

Quote:
Can they be installed without touching the wiring? Dropped in place? Wouldn't want to void the warranty
Yes, they can be installed without wiring change or affecting warranty. Just replace the old bulbs with the new ones. I didn't want to void warranty by going for higher end 100/90 ones with relay setup, since that would require some cutting etc.
vivriti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 22:15   #2976
BHPian

Dash lights, front and rear lamps of my polo stay on indefinitely (I noticed after an hour or so) after locking my car when the light knob is in rightmost position. Is that normal? Do I have to remember to turn it off manually every time?

Also, does polo have speed sensitive auto central lock?
Old 2nd April 2014, 22:53   #2977
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post
Dash lights, front and rear lamps of my polo stay on indefinitely (I noticed after an hour or so) after locking my car when the light knob is in rightmost position. Is that normal? Do I have to remember to turn it off manually every time?

Also, does polo have speed sensitive auto central lock?
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_6448.jpg

Position 1 = off.

Position 2 = parking lights are ON, the dash lights are ON, the instrument cluster backlight turns ON and the MFD backlighting dims itself.

Position 3 = parking lights + headlamps are ON including the auxiliaries above.

Open the driver's door when the switch is in position 2 or 3, you hear beeps alerting you. Turn off the engine and take the key out, only the parking lights remain ON irrespective of the switch being in position 2 or 3. The headlights will be turned off.

And yes, the Polo does have speed sensitive locking enabled for the newer cars. The doors lock at 15 kmph. Older variants may not have it as they have to be enabled through the VCDS.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 23:19   #2978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Attachment 1226069

Position 1 = off.

Position 2 = parking lights are ON, the dash lights are ON, the instrument cluster backlight turns ON and the MFD backlighting dims itself.

Position 3 = parking lights + headlamps are ON including the auxiliaries above.

Open the driver's door when the switch is in position 2 or 3, you hear beeps alerting you. Turn off the engine and take the key out, only the parking lights remain ON irrespective of the switch being in position 2 or 3. The headlights will be turned off.

And yes, the Polo does have speed sensitive locking enabled for the newer cars. The doors lock at 15 kmph. Older variants may not have it as they have to be enabled through the VCDS.
Thanks gannu_1, you are turning out to be my personal Google God for all things polo! If the lights stayed on though the night, would they have drained the battery?
Old 4th April 2014, 08:36   #2979
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post
Thanks gannu_1, you are turning out to be my personal Google God for all things polo! If the lights stayed on though the night, would they have drained the battery?
Glad to be of help. I keep discovering things from time to time.

As for the battery, I do not think the parking lights would drain the battery if they were left on overnight. The parking lights use W5W bulbs that consumes 5W each, so that's 10W for 2 bulbs. The battery is rated at 60 Ah so it should last a few days going by the calculations. If the main lamps were turned on instead, they would drain the battery in a few hours’ time.
Old 4th April 2014, 12:08   #2980
BHPian

Guys

A friend is close to finalizing Polo 1.2 TDI. He is getting a good deal on it. Do you suggest he wait for the 1.5 TDI? Do you think the price difference is gonna be a more than 50k?

Please advise
Old 4th April 2014, 13:07   #2981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
A friend is close to finalizing Polo 1.2 TDI. He is getting a good deal on it. Do you suggest he wait for the 1.5 TDI? Do you think the price difference is gonna be a more than 50k?
I would suggest to play wait game.
1. New face lifted Polo will feature new 1.5 TDi(speculation)
2. New front & rear bumper
3. Lastly later on when face lifted Polo is launched older model would be having a good deal as dealers would like to clear stock.

So your friend can have look on both of them and decide which suits him/her better.
Old 6th April 2014, 11:08   #2982
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, have uploaded a step wise guide of how to change the H4 bulbs in the GT TSI thread. You can have a look. H4 60/55 W 12 v bulbs are plug and play.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3406765
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 04:25   #2983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
3. Initial Quote for the Petrol Highline at Vellore (TN) comes to about 6.98 lacs on road. Haven't yet negotiated anything. There was no free insurance or freebies included.
Hi Benji,
This seems to be sales BS from VW Vellore, the polo sure does come with airbags in mid variant, I have personally seen one on the road. Why don't you give a ring to VW helpline and verify with them in front of the SA. I have dealt with this people an year ago, most of them are newbies who don't know what they are talking. Just last week one SA blatantly said 'you can't purchase Extended warranty afterwards' and that I am not eligible since I shopped for mine 10 months back. Last I heard discounts of upto 25k (Corporate and Exchange bonus), considering the facelift us right around the corner, delay ur shopping else just bargain hard. Do PM me if you need any help.

Glad to see you are worried about Isofix points to attach a baby seat. I hope you come across a work around for that.
Cheers,
D.
delta5 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 10:18   #2984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post
Hi Benji,
This seems to be sales BS from VW Vellore, the polo sure does come with airbags in mid variant, I have personally seen one on the road.I heard discounts of upto 25k (Corporate and Exchange bonus), Do PM me if you need any help.

Glad to see you are worried about Isofix points to attach a baby seat. I hope you come across a work around for that.
Cheers,
D.
Thanks. I have dashed off an email to VW asking for a clarification on the variants and a solution to the isofix issue. Waiting for a response.

Hopefully I will decide on which car I will buy in the next 10 days.
Old 9th April 2014, 07:30   #2985
Senior - BHPian

VW redirected my support request to VW Chennai and they stated that VW hasn't yet intimated them about when the comfort line with abs will be available. He mentioned costs will be more.
He had no idea what an anchor point or isofix were.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks