Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2014, 13:13   #3166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Can anyone tell me What Oil does VW use for its 1.2P polo Petrol?
Is it Castrol Edge 5W40,or is it a different oil?
Old 28th June 2014, 19:50   #3167
Senior - BHPian

When are they going to bin that 1.2l 3 pot engine.

I like the new alloys but again, I doubt if that is what we will get.

One image shows a six speed manual and the other a five speed. Guess its safe to say we are getting the five.

Subtle external changes that keeps the car looking handsome. Can't say much about the interior apart from the new steering wheel.

Its about time car manufacturers stop making changes to the interiors of the car sold here and in the International market. Clocks aren't the same, central facia (aircon, stereo) is different.
Old 29th June 2014, 14:07   #3168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Can anyone tell me What Oil does VW use for its 1.2P polo Petrol?
Is it Castrol Edge 5W40,or is it a different oil?
Anyone?

Also,Another query;After unlocking and opening driver side door,there is a humming sound,like fuel pump priming;what is that?
If i open any other door,the sound doesn't come.
Old 29th June 2014, 14:54   #3169

VW should also have scrapped the 1.2L 3cyl engine and replaced it with a naturally aspirated 1.2 4cly from the TSI. The 3 pot motor is only the sore point for a petrol costumer. Whereas the new 1.5L will really set the charts on fire with these looks and impeccable build quality.
Old 29th June 2014, 20:11   #3170
BHPian

I'm on the verge of booking the polo tdi-

And want suggestions about -

1.) Waiting for the new polo is a wise decision or not, considering the 55k and 25k discount scheme on the comfortline and highline variants respectively ? Last day tomorrow 30th june, and is valid if i pay a booking amount of 10k.

2.) If i dont wait for the new version, is the price difference of around 70k justified between comfortline and highline ?

3.) If i do wait for the new one, wont it be priced higher than the current one ?

4.) Can it be expected that when the new version arrives, the old one will be further discounted ?

Old 29th June 2014, 20:27   #3171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishingne View Post
VW should also have scrapped the 1.2L 3cyl engine and replaced it with a naturally aspirated 1.2 4cly from the TSI. The 3 pot motor is only the sore point for a petrol costumer. Whereas the new 1.5L will really set the charts on fire with these looks and impeccable build quality.
agree, I would love a decently powered Polo petrol as I dont have that much of running. The 1.2L 3cyl is pathetic.
Old 29th June 2014, 23:25   #3172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishingne View Post
1.2L engine doing duty in TSI variant is a Turbo one, not NA one. By far, it's the best petrol Turbo engine in the market as of now (even better than the much acclaimed Ford Ecoboost one).
Old 30th June 2014, 11:02   #3173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After unlocking and opening driver side door,there is a humming sound,like fuel pump priming;what is that?
I can't be sure about this. I have heard something similar in a new i20. The sound comes from around the steering rack as soon as you hit the Engine Start/Stop button. Sounds like the unlocking of the eps steering rack.

Where is the source of this noise?
Old 30th June 2014, 12:56   #3174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalchaudhary View Post
I'm on the verge of booking the polo tdi-

And want suggestions about -

1.) Waiting for the new polo is a wise decision or not, considering the 55k and 25k discount scheme on the comfortline and highline variants respectively ? Last day tomorrow 30th june, and is valid if i pay a booking amount of 10k.

2.) If i dont wait for the new version, is the price difference of around 70k justified between comfortline and highline ?

3.) If i do wait for the new one, wont it be priced higher than the current one ?

4.) Can it be expected that when the new version arrives, the old one will be further discounted ?

I too had the same dilemma before I finally went ahead and booked the TDi comfortline last week. I got the 55k discount, with some freebies.
AFAIK, the New Polo will be higher priced than the existing ones.
I booked because I couldn't wait till August.
aneezan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 14:11   #3175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
I too had the same dilemma before I finally went ahead and booked the TDi comfortline last week. I got the 55k discount, with some freebies.
AFAIK, the New Polo will be higher priced than the existing ones.
I booked because I couldn't wait till August.

Thanks for replying.

Congratulations on booking the comfortline tdi.

Could you elaborate what freebies ?

Well, in my case, I won't mind waiting till august (my birthday) as from the pics the new model will be even better looking and want to try the new engine as well, even if the price goes up a notch to provide an even better experience - my opinion.
Old 30th June 2014, 16:16   #3176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalchaudhary View Post
Thanks for replying.

Congratulations on booking the comfortline tdi.

Could you elaborate what freebies ?

Well, in my case, I won't mind waiting till august (my birthday) as from the pics the new model will be even better looking and want to try the new engine as well, even if the price goes up a notch to provide an even better experience - my opinion.
Thanks. I had to get a car now because I had to give my present car to my dad who needs it urgently.
Freebies:-
15" alloys
Seat Covers
Bluetooth
Side door protectors
Rubber Mats
aneezan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 19:43   #3177
Distinguished - BHPian

Sounds like a sweet deal especially the alloy wheels. Is this the integrated bluetooth unit from the highline variant or a separate standalone Bluetooth unit? Also what was your net OTR price.

One more question - does your Comfort line come with ABS and airbags?
Old 30th June 2014, 20:27   #3178
BANNED

The exchange bonus VW offers is eligible only if we sell car to them ? Isn't it valid if we show our current car registration certificate to them ?
Old 30th June 2014, 22:10   #3179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
The exchange bonus VW offers is eligible only if we sell car to them ? Isn't it valid if we show our current car registration certificate to them ?
Not really. When I brought my vento, the exchange offer from dealer was below the market price, obviously refused the offer. However, VW dealer was promised to pass on the exchange bonus, provided I share the certificate showing the car transfer to another owner within one month.

In my case, my previous car was in my wife name and Vento was registered had to be registered in my name. So they needed marriage certificate too, and I got the exchange bonus cheque within 2 weeks.

The VW dealer was Whitefield (Apple) Volkswagen on ORR, Bangalore .
Old 1st July 2014, 11:39   #3180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone?

Also,Another query;After unlocking and opening driver side door,there is a humming sound,like fuel pump priming;what is that?
If i open any other door,the sound doesn't come.
Hi, I recall, it was castrol professional 5w 40 (fully synthetic). They are selling it in 5 litre packs, around 3.8 litre is used, and rest 1.2 litre they give you back for tops up if need be.

In our polo, a humming sound comes up (lasts for 1-2 second... like hmmmmm) when i insert the key in the fob and put it in ignition position . I havent heard any sounds while unlocking doors (diver side included), apart from the central locking sound.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks