Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2016, 14:24   #3931
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovilkalai View Post
Do these kind of marketing gimmicks work (I mean stuff like the "crest collection")? There is nothing mechanically different. Nor is there any change to the look and feel. So, why would someone pony up some extra cash for these gimmicks?
Someone has wisely said (in Hindi) - "Duniya jhukati hai - jhukanewala chahiye".
So, in case there are some people who want to "bend" these are gimicks to entice them!

Just my opinion - please do not take it seriously!!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 16:31   #3932
BHPian

Is the copper orange colour removed from Polo? The VW India website says so and it is replaced with blue silk.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-colours.png  

Old 1st January 2017, 22:45   #3933
Senior - BHPian

Slight sound when engaging fifth

I'm facing this problem in my Polo - but I strongly suspect driver error on my part, not a car problem.

I get a very slight scratchy noise when I upshift into fifth, as I release the clutch. It's clearly a friction noise and it's very brief - less than half a second. It happens about 10% of the time when I upshift into fifth. I wondered if I'm grinding gears - but surely, fourth to fifth in a synchromesh gearbox is almost impossible to get wrong, no? I also don't have any problems with any of the other gears.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong and how I can isolate the problem?
Old 2nd January 2017, 00:48   #3934
BANNED

Could be the synchronizer rings of 4th to 5th gear that may be reaching it's life end. If other gears are slotting fine, then this is what I think.

OR

Your process of pressing the clutch >> changing the gear >> releasing the clutch may not be in harmony for 10% of the time when you hear the grinding noise hence you may be releasing the clutch even before the gear is slotting completely in 5th.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd January 2017 at 00:51.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 01:02   #3935
Senior - BHPian

Re: Slight sound when engaging fifth

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Could be the synchronizer rings of 4th to 5th gear that may be reaching it's life end. If other gears are slotting fine, then this is what I think.

OR

Your process of pressing the clutch >> changing the gear >> releasing the clutch may not be in harmony for 10% of the time when you hear the grinding noise hence you may be releasing the clutch even before the gear is slotting completely in 5th.
The car is only a year old with 5k on the clock so I guess it must be the latter.

Actually, thinking about it, your explanation makes a lot of sense. I'll try to consciously keep the clutch pedal all the way down until fifth gear has been selected and hopefully the issue goes away. Many thanks, appreciate the advice!
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 17:22   #3936
BHPian

I am just back from Volkswagen showroom ( Belgaum ). Had been there to check out the "Polo" as we are planning to buy the first car in our family. The person over there told me there is some kind of a rod placed within the doors which gives added safety protection and that is the reason for the heaviness of the doors. He said this feature is exclusive to VW and not found in any other company makes. Is that true ??
Old 2nd January 2017, 17:34   #3937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
The person over there told me there is some kind of a rod placed within the doors which gives added safety protection and that is the reason for the heaviness of the doors. He said this feature is exclusive to VW and not found in any other company makes. Is that true ??
The salesperson is talking about side impact beam. Its present in almost all modern day cars. I am not aware if VW adds anything more apart from the side impact beams. The strength/quality of side impact beam would naturally vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.
That said, VW Polo is one the better built machine in its segment.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2017, 13:29   #3938
BHPian

Guys, I had finalised Polo petrol Silk blue colour ( Comfortline ) but just received a call from the dealer of my home town that the Silk blue shade is available only in newly launched Allstar variant I was under the impression that VW has introduced that lovely colour for all variants of Polo since they have recently discontinued the Copper orange shade. I am so disappointed now ! Might go for the regular reflex silver shade.

Last edited by vivek95 : 7th January 2017 at 13:30.
Old 7th January 2017, 14:13   #3939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Guys, I had finalised Polo petrol Silk blue colour ( Comfortline ) but just received a call from the dealer of my home town that the Silk blue shade is available only in newly launched Allstar variant I was under the impression that VW has introduced that lovely colour for all variants of Polo since they have recently discontinued the Copper orange shade. I am so disappointed now ! Might go for the regular reflex silver shade.
Why are you surrendering to the Dealer's words ?

You are the customer & you have every right to get the car in your variant/ color combination. You are paying for it.

I think the dealer doesn't have ready stock of Polo Comfortline Petrol in that color hence he is saying that only All-star Edition comes with that Silk Blue color. I saw a Brand New Polo Highline in this Blue Shade today morning. Ask the dealer how much time it takes to get the Comfortline Trim in Blue color.

Also try to contact other dealers (VW Kolhapur/VW Pune). Ask them the same. You might get one.

Last edited by CarguyNish : 7th January 2017 at 14:14.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 20:25   #3940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Why are you surrendering to the Dealer's words ?

You are the customer & you have every right to get the car in your variant/ color combination. You are paying for it.

I think the dealer doesn't have ready stock of Polo Comfortline Petrol in that color hence he is saying that only All-star Edition comes with that Silk Blue color. I saw a Brand New Polo Highline in this Blue Shade today morning. Ask the dealer how much time it takes to get the Comfortline Trim in Blue color.

Also try to contact other dealers (VW Kolhapur/VW Pune). Ask them the same. You might get one.
Hi

Agree with you, but I forgot to mention in my previous post that I had cross checked with Volkswagen Hubli showroom as well which confirmed that the "Silk blue" is available only in Allstar variant. I came up with my post here after enquiring at two dealerships. Besides, the Volkswagen Belgaum sales guy seemed quite knowledgeable and honest when I had met him the other day. He enquired his top sources before passing on the info to me but I still took his words with a pinch of salt as VW official website mentions about Silk blue being available for regular Polo variant.

Today I had called up VW India customer care to verify the same but the lady on the phone had no idea about this. She has assured me a revert after talking to her seniors.

Now the latest hearsay I have is, this Silk blue is reserved only for Polo Highline and Allstar variants I have just spoken to my friend in Pune who is an engineer working for a particular manufacturing company whose customer happens to be VW Chakan plant, Pune. Hope he can get some authentic information for me. Meanwhile I will cross check with Mumbai, Pune, Kolhapur, Goa VW dealers as well. As you rightly said, let me not believe before enquiring with as many multiple dealerships as possible.

Anyways, since I need a car in stat, I think I wouldn't be waiting very long ( like 2 months or so ) for this Silk blue shade though I loved it to the core. Reflex silver was anyhow next in our list. I hope I will take a wise call though

Last edited by vivek95 : 9th January 2017 at 20:31.
Old 18th January 2017, 18:58   #3941
BHPian

Hello CarguyNish and everyone

We finally booked the Volkswagen Polo 1.2 MPI Comfortline today for a final on road price of Rs.7,38,318/- in Belgaum. Likely to take delivery next to next week which depends on which two days I would get a leave here from Bombay. This price comes at a whopping difference of Rs.82000/- lesser as compared to i20 sportz petrol. Just in case had we finalised i20 Sportz, the only major reason to go for this variant would be that Sportz variant has ABS which Magna doesn't. However Polo was always our all time crush and we are glad that it's finally going to be "Volkswagen" the first car in the family.

After a final enquiry directly with guys at VW Chakan plant, Pune we learnt that Silk blue colour apparently comes only in Highline and Allstar variants, so we peacefully settled with "Reflex Silver" shade.

Last edited by vivek95 : 18th January 2017 at 18:59.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 18:29   #3942
BHPian

Hi guys, just wanted to update that we finally took delivery of Volkswagen Polo 1.2 Comfortline Petrol "Reflex Silver" on 1st February ( VW Belgaum ). Already clocked 260 kms in two days and the experience was superb. This thread helped me a lot while deciding on Polo, thanks a ton to you all. Some pics here
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-1486104813_tmp_img_20170202_225011.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_20170202_130258.jpg  

vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 15:25   #3943
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Has anyone tried this product-
https://www.amazon.com/PLX-Devices-B.../dp/B016X3L0O2

I would like to know your feedback on this. Will it work on Indian models?

Last edited by redcruiser : 9th February 2017 at 15:47.
Old 9th February 2017, 15:33   #3944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Hi Guys,
Has anyone tried this product-
https://www.amazon.com/PLX-Devices-B.../dp/B016X3L0O2

I would like to know your feedback on this. Will it work in Indian models?
There are much cheaper options in India. $100 for an OBD scanner looks to be a bit too much. But I don't know if the cheaper alternatives would last long without any connectivity problems.
Old 11th February 2017, 00:50   #3945
BHPian

In my 1.5 TDI, I am noticing a slight tak-tak noise on turning the steering either side at crawling speeds.
Is this normal?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks