Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2018, 08:37   #4006
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Post first service, the AC cuts off recirculation mode randomly for 2-3 seconds and then turns it off (you can hear the transition and resulting pollution smell). The car is a 2016 Trendline variant with manual AC. The recirculation button light does not go off.

When this switch does not happen, no pollution comes in.

Found two related links on the Internet.
  1. https://www.carwale.com/forums/30259...-new-polo.html
  2. https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...VW-Polo-aircon

What could be the issue? Thanks..
Old 14th May 2018, 12:48   #4007
BHPian

MID in my Polo petrol 1.2MPI comfortline (Dec 2016 model) has recently developed some issues post the first service. The mileage figures that it projects sometimes are staggering ! Look at the figures below I encountered during my Belgaum--Bombay drive (500kms) yesterday - 43.0 kmpl
Sorry for the poor quality pics
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_20180513_175922__01.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_20180513_175903__01.jpg  

vivek95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 15:32   #4008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
The mileage figures that it projects sometimes are staggering ! Look at the figures below I encountered during my Belgaum--Bombay drive (500kms) yesterday - 43.0 kmpl
Is this the average mileage figure or the instantaneous mileage figure? If it is instantaneous, then it is expected to show some exorbitant numbers when there is no load to the engine. I see that the gear indicator shows 5. So, you might have just raised your foot from the accelerator pedal or probably went downhill.

I accidentally clicked on the 'thank' button instead of 'quote' button and unable to remove it.
Old 14th May 2018, 17:14   #4009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
Is this the average mileage figure or the instantaneous mileage figure?
From the image above, the consumption figures are from Total-trip memory/Memory-2. He should have checked with Memory-1 for an accurate/near-accurate fuel consumption for that trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
I accidentally clicked on the 'thank' button instead of 'quote' button and unable to remove it.
Once you click on it, there's no undoing it. Just leave it be!
Old 14th May 2018, 17:51   #4010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
From the image above, the consumption figures are from Total-trip memory/Memory-2. He should have checked with Memory-1 for an accurate/near-accurate fuel consumption for that trip.
Generally, the total trip (memory 2) would be a better indicator of an average than the instantaneous (memory 1), which is at that moment. Given that, 40+kmpl is more 2 wheeler like figures. Surely something is wrong.
swissknife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 19:28   #4011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Generally, the total trip (memory 2) would be a better indicator of an average than the instantaneous (memory 1), which is at that moment.
I agree but memory 2 holds good for long trips or even a short one provided it is manually reset before the trip.

Memory 1 is not instantaneous data, it collates all the info from ignition on to ignition off plus new data if the trip is continued within two hours after ignition off, where as memory 2 is a summation of data for a period of 100 hours/9999 kms.

Quote:
Given that, 40+kmpl is more 2 wheeler like figures. Surely something is wrong.
I used to see similar absurd figures of about 35-37 kmpl on my Rapid 1.6 TDI but I inferred those values were a result of very light/no throttle input when driven downhill on ghat sections.
Old 14th May 2018, 21:29   #4012
BHPian

Quote:
I memory 2 is a summation of data for a period of 100 hours/9999 kms.
Is this the default or needs to be enabled via VCDS? Memory 2 on my GT TDI auto resets somewhere in the 19-20 hour mark. The manual too states that it may be 19 or 99 hours based on the model. I've sorely missed trip stats as a consequence.
Old 14th May 2018, 21:43   #4013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephiroth View Post
Is this the default or needs to be enabled via VCDS? Memory 2 on my GT TDI auto resets somewhere in the 19-20 hour mark. The manual too states that it may be 19 or 99 hours based on the model.
I guess post-2014 facelift models come with an updated MID which gets reset after 100 hours but I'm not sure though! Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 14th May 2018 at 21:49.
Old 15th May 2018, 12:34   #4014
BHPian

Quote:
I guess post-2014 facelift models come with an updated MID which gets reset after 100 hours but I'm not sure though! Please correct me if I'm wrong.
We'll mines a 2015 pre-facelift model and it's not more than 20 hours. Any leads on updating it to the 100 hour setting will be much appreciated.

Curious on the constraints in not providing more hours in memory 2. I prefer my Alto's remember until I tell you to forget setting on both memories.
Old 30th June 2018, 11:10   #4015
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Presenting the Volkswagen Polo "Chrome Edition"

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_20180630_105621.jpg

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_20180630_105805.jpg

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_20180630_105823.jpg

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_20180630_105710.jpg

Comes at a premium of 40k. The variant on display is the Highline Plus.

Note - This is not official edition from VW, but a Dealer Level Mod.

The dealer said that this is more of a show. If it's legally RTO approved remains to be seen.

Pic Courtesy - My Good Friend Sanjay.
Dealership - Volkswagen Hubli, KA
CarguyNish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th June 2018, 14:27   #4016
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Jeez! My eyes!!

The best quality of this paint job is that you can see a lot of things on the car. Did you mistake the reflections in the first two pics with black spots?

You can even see yourself. You don't need a mirror anymore, do you? And what's more, the car itself doubles up as a front/rear view mirror

Last edited by strawhat : 30th June 2018 at 14:30.
Old 30th June 2018, 15:12   #4017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Owner of this car won't be able to install any chrome accessories.

Is this some sort of vinyl stickering? 40k for total chrome overdose seems bit cheap
Old 30th June 2018, 18:27   #4018
BHPian

Quote:
Ouch!
Imagine driving behind this car on a bright sunny day. Would be blinded by the reflections!
Old 10th July 2018, 10:55   #4019
BHPian

Guys. Need some advice/help.
I have a 2015 Comfortline Petrol. Have run very less in the last 3 years, Close to 25K although car is in good condition. I had taken up 2 year warranty which I extended to another 2. My initial plan was to keep this car for 5 years and then look for an upgrade. But since VW might not bring new Polo to India, chances of me getting a good deal for an already low value resale are next to nil. So thinking about extending my ownership for another 2-3 years which will be 2022/23. Now Since I am going to keep this car for such a long term, I thought I will get some updates so that I don't miss these features for so long. Some important upgrades include.

1) ISOFIX installation.
2) Next on the list is to have Bluetooth connectivity. Extremely important these days be it to listen to songs from Mobile or to attend an emergency call.
3) Third on the list is to get a reverse parking sensor or camera. When technology is available, why to not use it.
4) With increasing cases of road rash and accidents by other vehicles, I think it's high time I install a Dash cam.
5) Not sure if it's possible to upgrade steering to get a new one with function keys (Almost sure that Cruise Control cannot be fit to mine). Too much wishful thinking I guess

How many of these are practically possible without too much Vitamin M.
Dash Cam is already decided since I arranged a friend from US to buy me a AUKEY one. The only thing pending is to install it. My vehicle is due for service in another 2 weeks. Should I get it installed from Authorized service center itself or should I do it outside? (Not particularly interested in DIY for absolute lack to time)

Regarding point 2&3, I asked around and it looks like both can be clubbed and the latest music system can be installed which will have Bluetooth connectivity, touch screen display and reverse camera as well. How much can I pay for such a system. I saw some Blaupunkt ones in the range of 15-18K. I assume I will have to shell out another 3-4 if I am doing it from showroom without compromising my warranty. Will it be a wise choice to do. I will get nothing for my existing music system I guess.
What are your views on point 1 & 5.
Old 1st August 2018, 20:13   #4020

Polo paranoia:

I bought a used polo which was supposedly a polo highline bought by the first owner. Unfortunately at the time i wasn't diligent in doing a check on the feature lists in cars and neither did i know about team bhp.

On reading the team bhp review i am now worried about whether this is in fact a polo highline as it was supposed to come with four driver side window power buttons, but mine only has four. I'm also not sure the horn is a polos horn because I've seen my horn differ from other old polos.

I'm really passionate about my car and got oem accessories such as a touchscreen etc put in this car. But now i am convinced this is a comfortline and not a highline. It comes with air bags and abs and tilt and telescopic steering and a height adjustable driver seat.

Can anyone help confirm or deny my fears? What's worse is that globus pvt ltd the dealer who sold the first owner this car has permanently shut down.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks