Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2012, 12:57   #826
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

I saw the same adv in the Gurgaon HT.

Anyone knows how the exchange bonus of 1lakh works ? The dealer quotes a price and deducts 1lakh from the TJet price ?

Same question for the 1lakh gift cheque. What exactly is that?
Old 7th May 2012, 13:03   #827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
I saw the same adv in the Gurgaon HT.
Anyone knows how the exchange bonus of 1lakh works ? The dealer quotes a price and deducts 1lakh from the TJet price ?
Same question for the 1lakh gift cheque. What exactly is that?
The on-road price is calculated and from that all the amounts for insurance, gift cheque and ex-bonus is deducted. You are required to pay only the final amount. Not like other cos. where gift cheque would come to you after one month of purchase.
Can you post a scan etc of the advt. Thanks.
Old 7th May 2012, 13:20   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
The on-road price is calculated and from that all the amounts for insurance, gift cheque and ex-bonus is deducted. You are required to pay only the final amount. Not like other cos. where gift cheque would come to you after one month of purchase.
Can you post a scan etc of the advt. Thanks.
I'm not sure how to add images to a post. Hopefully it gets added.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-testfiat.jpg  

sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2012, 10:19   #829
Distinguished - BHPian

I called both KHT & Prerana to ask about this offer in Bangalore and this is the quote I got:

Ex showroom Price 9,51,772.00
Road Tax 1,47,905.00
Handling Charges 5,500.00
Ex Warranty 5,399.00
INSURANCE & RSA FREE
Less:
GIFT CHEQUE (cash discount) 1,00,000.00
EXCHANGE BONUS(in case of individual case) 1,00,000.00
Corporate offer 4000.00
--------------------------------------------------
TOTAL PRICE 906576.00

Am sure one can get ~20K more off on this as they mentioned the Ex-Showroom as 9,36,xxx but while sending the quote mentioned 9,51,xxx.

Am sure there will be more discounts to be had on this soon. Not a hot selling model + petrol prices + one year old stock. I recollect the days when the S10 stock was cleared at ~2L discounts by FIAT when the contact with Sachin was about to expire. A similar situation would happen to the T-jet with quite a bit of one year old stock held by FIAT.
Old 20th May 2012, 10:22   #830
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
I called both KHT & Prerana to ask about this offer in Bangalore and this is the quote I got:
So when are you getting yours?

Whats the discount on a fresh stock or have they stopped manufacture completely?
Old 20th May 2012, 10:27   #831
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
So when are you getting yours?

Whats the discount on a fresh stock or have they stopped manufacture completely?
No new T-jet cars being manufactured right now. All the stock is one year old and the discounts are on that only.

Am tempted to buy this driving machine but am sure more discounts are coming soon + with petrol prices heading north, one has to think twice after currently driving a S10 already
Old 22nd May 2012, 16:50   #832

Hopefully after Fiat's decision to start their own sales and services in India. It should definitely change their fortune...
Old 22nd May 2012, 19:47   #833
BHPian

I had read somewhere that 2012 T-jet will be launched soon, however, fiat has launched punto sports without any mention of t-jet. Does anyone have an idea about when is the updated t-jet due for launch. Also any idea about how much 2011 stock do they have which is taking so much time to sell.
Old 22nd May 2012, 20:15   #834
BHPian

Fiat is taking it coolly because they dont want to create an impression that the linea as a model will be stopped or has stopped. I guess thats why tjets sell only to people who either love driving a proper petrol head car or somebody who thinks the discounts make sense.

I wish they bought this tjet engine into the punto. It would make for the hottest hatch in India. Period.
Old 22nd May 2012, 20:22   #835
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Dealer in Hisar is offering 1.5 lakh rupees off on ex-showroom price for a 2012 manufactured Linea Multijet Emotion pack, dark blue color.
Old 23rd May 2012, 01:29   #836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
No new T-jet cars being manufactured right now. All the stock is one year old and the discounts are on that only.
The discounts on T-Jet is increased recently to 2.36 Lacs (excg bonus Rs.1 Lac), before that everything was same except exchange bonus which was 40K (I bought three months ago). That offer was started somewhere around Diwali and was in place for around six months and now they have increased further by 60K.
So your thinking is right that the discounts may be increased but when, one can't be sure. Secondly if you wait for more discount, you'll anyway be getting the same car but will postpone your driving pleasure.
I guess few days ago someone posted that Fiat is having around 30-35 T-Jets in their stock, so now maybe less are remaining. I also heard from someone from Fiat that this Excg bonus is for 2010 manufactured cars only and he was not sure about 2011 manufactured ones as he was bit busy (I guess its on all models), so any info on that part.
So all in all, you can wait and watch and test your luck.
On Carwale, 3-4 used T-Jet + (in Mumbai) are being offered for as low as 6 Lacs and with 7000 Km done. You can consider that too.
Old 24th May 2012, 10:05   #837
BHPian

Need some quick help.

Have booked a Emotion Linea MJD in Bangalore, and expecting delivery May-end or 1st week June. Can any of you guide me on how to verify the manufacturing date from the VIN number, please? Thanks a ton, in advance.

Cheers,
Jagan.
Old 24th May 2012, 10:54   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan0677 View Post
Need some quick help.

Have booked a Emotion Linea MJD in Bangalore, and expecting delivery May-end or 1st week June. Can any of you guide me on how to verify the manufacturing date from the VIN number, please? Thanks a ton, in advance.

Cheers,
Jagan.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post2249667

Last edited by carwatcher : 24th May 2012 at 10:55.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2012, 15:36   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher
The discounts on T-Jet is increased recently to 2.36 Lacs (excg bonus Rs.1 Lac), before that everything was same except exchange bonus which was 40K (I bought three months ago). That offer was started somewhere around Diwali and was in place for around six months and now they have increased further by 60K.
So your thinking is right that the discounts may be increased but when, one can't be sure. Secondly if you wait for more discount, you'll anyway be getting the same car but will postpone your driving pleasure.
I guess few days ago someone posted that Fiat is having around 30-35 T-Jets in their stock, so now maybe less are remaining. I also heard from someone from Fiat that this Excg bonus is for 2010 manufactured cars only and he was not sure about 2011 manufactured ones as he was bit busy (I guess its on all models), so any info on that part.
So all in all, you can wait and watch and test your luck.
On Carwale, 3-4 used T-Jet + (in Mumbai) are being offered for as low as 6 Lacs and with 7000 Km done. You can consider that too.
Just booked a T-Jet + at Pandit Auto. I was told it was the last in their stock. Fiat is currently offering 1.15l cash discount, 1l exchange bonus, free first year insurance, free RSA for 50 months and 4k corporate discount. Car is Mar 2011 vintage . Mulled over it for few days and decided you only live once and took the plunge!
jogidada is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2012, 17:07   #840
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogidada

Just booked a T-Jet + at Pandit Auto. I was told it was the last in their stock. Fiat is currently offering 1.15l cash discount, 1l exchange bonus, free first year insurance, free RSA for 50 months and 4k corporate discount. Car is Mar 2011 vintage . Mulled over it for few days and decided you only live once and took the plunge!
Cool. Can you share the breakup and exact on road price you getting for your vehicle? I heard 8l on road as the price in Pune from pandit auto. What is the tax component, ex showroom.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks