Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2012, 13:06   #991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hey Guys,
A quick update on the Tuscan Wine TJet Plus which was available for sale at Balaji Cars Kalyan. Well!! Its not available anymore... Sad Update??? Not for me cos I bought it
Congrats Zenster. You got my favourite colour.
GTO's words were really spot on and helped me too.
I am also planning to upgrade the ICE but without changing the stock HU, so have to get a good Amp, but I am completely noob regards ICE, so confused from where to start.
Anyway, you will be amazed by the capabilities of the car day after day and will be proud of your decision very soon.

Last edited by carwatcher : 21st October 2012 at 13:10.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2012, 18:08   #992
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Hi Zenstar, Congratulations on the TJet+

Quote:
Hey Guys,
A quick update on the Tuscan Wine TJet Plus which was available for sale at Balaji Cars Kalyan. Well!! Its not available anymore... Sad Update??? Not for me cos I bought it

A big, Big, BIG thank you to Parimal_g for helping me with the negotiations, to KHOJ for clarifying my doubts, to other TJeters for enticing me with the reviews and last but not the least to our very own GTO for the review and for the comment that brings back sense to all TJet/Fiat Insanity, "There is more to Life than kmpl"

Delivery planned for coming Friday, cant wait any longer. Planned tyre change for the same day from Premji's. May be PLC or GR90 (KHOJ, can u please throw some light on what size of GR90 you've got and cost per tyre, please). Basic ICE overall retaining the Stock HU will follow, along with Parking Assist and may be the OEM spoiler.

And Finally, after test driving so many cars over the past couple of months (New and Used), now I know the true meaning of "Once a FIATian, always a FIATian".
On the tire front I got the Bridgestone Turanza GR90 in the OE size of 205/55 R16.

Cost per tire was 10,430/- that is a 1000/- more than the PLC offered at 9400/-. I got 5800 bucks for each of the 2010 Goodyear NCT5 Eagle that the came with the car, balancing and Nitrogen were free. I did not allow the shop to check the alignment as it was not required, neither then nor now. The Jet+ flew straight as an arrow before the change and does the same now after close to 2K clicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Congrats! Being a fellow TJet owner, I can understand your sentiments and new-found loyalty towards the most enjoyable sedan on road till date.

Why look for any other size in GR90? Its best to stick to stock size (205/55/16) in either PLC (my recommendation) or GR90 (which maybe cheaper).

I let go off the PLC 'cause quite a few of the owner-drivers have been complaining about soft shoulders resulting in bubbles on the side walls, though no one has complained of short tread life etc. To tell you the truth for some unexplainable reason, I have never liked the tread pattern on the LC. This is the third time in as many years that I went with a better alternate (my personal gut feeling) after having considered the Primacy LCs.

Quote:
Hey, Thanks Nishant. Very True Buddy, from my Dad's old 1100, to my first new car the Punto, to the Fire Fueled,Drenched in Wine Jet, all thumbs-up from me

Isn't there an issue with the PLC wearing out fast (read somewhere that it lasts only around 20k kms?) and how is the sidewall strength (bulging/cuts on our roads?), hence keeping GR90 as an option.

And Nishant, since I have your attention, what your thoughts on ICE? Keeping the stock HU for now, front components (Infinity/Polk) and rear co-axial? Amp and sub needed/recomended ? Budget 20k (give or take a few)
I will be following your development on the ICE front as I am unable to find a suitable space to mount the amplifiers. I do not want to compromise/lose the Jet+ rear seat's flip down in to full flat loading area feature and the side wall claddings with their true to profile moulding do not leave enough space to mount an amp there too. Let me know if you have a solution for this dilemma.

Last edited by khoj : 21st October 2012 at 18:12.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2012, 19:19   #993
BHPian

Congratulations zenstar tjet is always my fav but due to high running had to go for a Diesel version of fiat and am happy that you went ahead and book the vehicle.Get all the fluids changed before delivery.
parimal_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 17:57   #994
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys. Delivery in 2 days, I'm losing sleep now, in anticipation.

But I need the help of the experts and fellow TJeters in this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2942434

Dont want to post the same thing in 2 threads, so request you to please check and advice soon.
Old 24th October 2012, 18:46   #995
BHPian

Hi zenstar,
Why do you want to upsize the tyres. The TJet tyres are enough wide. And regarding changing the tyres Khomeini went to Bridgestone from some dealer in New Mumbai. Also you can check at Premji which is near to Balaji thane they have good range of tyres.
All the best.
parimal_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 23:42   #996
Senior - BHPian

I already put him in touch with the dealer in Vashi but....."Khomeini"

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Hi zenstar,
Why do you want to upsize the tyres. The TJet tyres are enough wide. And regarding changing the tyres Khomeini went to Bridgestone from some dealer in New Mumbai. Also you can check at Premji which is near to Balaji thane they have good range of tyres.
All the best.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 23:59   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I already put him in touch with the dealer in Vashi but....."Khomeini"
This is what my mobile thinks as your name, but really sorry for the mistake and when i checked the thread, it was too late could not edit it.
Old 27th October 2012, 11:35   #998
BHPian

Got Her home!

Again, a Big thank you to everyone involved in the purchase. You guys are the reason I have a big smile on my face, which is plastered since the First sight of My Jet.

Got the AVS DB V550 fitted straight after delivery. Got the 3M package (called AMC, i think) which covers the Jet for the next 2 years. It includes 3 interior treatments and 3 Interior Treatments with Foam wash happening everytime other treatments are done. Got the Interior Germiclean and Paint Sealant done yesterday post Delivery.

Will start the ownership thread as soon as I know her better

Here's a sneak-peak for now:

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-copy-p1060507.jpg
Zenster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 18:45   #999
BHPian

Guys,

My T-Jet has run 5200 km since I bought her in April this year. Filled the tyres with nitrogen for the first time last Sunday. What a fantastic change in the ride! The car feels much more poised and special than earlier! Had an excellent time in the outlying roads of Chennai that evening.

My idea of the right mix of inputs - a Fiat T-Jet running on Shell Unleaded and nitrogen filled tyres! Running on nitrogen actually complements the engine's power delivery and the qualify fuel from Shell!

Fellow T-Jet owners, do go for this combination to feel the difference.
Sivasankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2012, 20:57   #1000
BHPian

Hi All,

I recently bought a Rapid diesel, I am quite happy with the car but the old man is not. He has been driving a gtx for the past 10 years (probably much quicker than me ). He is smitten with the T-jet and wants to buy one now.

A couple of questions:

1) Is it still worth buying one ?

2) Are there any clean examples left in bangalore / India ?

Thanks and regards,
Old 14th November 2012, 21:40   #1001
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_convert View Post
Hi All,

I recently bought a Rapid diesel, I am quite happy with the car but the old man is not. He has been driving a gtx for the past 10 years (probably much quicker than me ). He is smitten with the T-jet and wants to buy one now.

A couple of questions:

Thanks and regards,
I guess there are a couple Tjets left at the plant. Please get in touch with Mr. Karthik SP from Prerana Motors for help on this.

The color choice will be very limited.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2012, 22:02   #1002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
, i can understand your condition. Once you drive a FIAT, its hard to get used to other cars. I have a Linea 1.4 (non t jet) and recently bought your car's cousin (Vento) but i dont think any company can match Fiat's steering and suspension set up. Its like your soul is connected to the car, feels so much more involved and no artificial feel to it. One keeps cribbing about other cars, a member karthik has a Tjet and when choosing hatchbacks, he finally got a Punto again

Quote:
Oh yes, it is. With the discounts and deals some people have managed, its a wonderful buy. If you can manage with high running costs and the poor after sales, there is no negative with the T Jet.

Quote:
You need to check with your dealers or some bangalore Tjet owners.
All the best.

Thanks and regards,[/quote]
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 00:58   #1003
Senior - BHPian

There is a dealer near Bombay who has a couple of 2010 TJet+ / TJet models with him, let me know if this is of interest to you. Do ask your local dealer to check with the plant too, you just might get lucky.

Quote:
Hi All,

A couple of questions:

Thanks and regards,
Old 15th November 2012, 08:46   #1004
BHPian

There is a T-Jet in Automatrix Mangalore. I saw it last month when I went for the service of my Punto. It was used for TD & has run only 250 kms till date with an H. I'm not quite sure if it is still there but they were offering some handsome discounts on it.
Old 15th November 2012, 10:05   #1005
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap
...I guess there are a couple Tjets left at the plant. Please get in touch with Mr. Karthik SP from Prerana Motors for help...
Could you PM me this guy's number? I would like to TD the car. Which branch of Prerana is he from? Want to drag a friend of mine to make him feel what Fiat cars mean!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks