Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2011, 23:10   #391
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
There is hardly any demand as I see. People who want 4x4 will upgrade to highest variant giving more margin to customers. And in case of Yeti as well as Aria, I bet 4x2 versions will outsell 4x4.
But I believe that the 4x2 Yeti should have been offered in the Ambient and Elegance trims, albeit at a lower price than the 4x4 Yeti. That would have allowed customers to choose the 4x2 and get the best level of trim as well.

Ideally, Skoda should have also introduced the 1.6 Yeti at a mouth-watering 9 Lakhs. That would have eaten away into the entry-level executive sedan segment. But then, that would again foul with Skoda's Rapid plans. Perhaps, the reason why Skoda chose to avoid the 1.6?

I perceive it this way: Skoda wouldn't want their products overlapping as they'd prefer to set a niche and a standard for each one of them,and distinguish them as a different class?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th November 2011 at 23:11.
Old 21st November 2011, 14:13   #392
j76
BHPian

Has any of you heard of 7-seater Yeti ?
While I was at the Autocar Performance show in Mumbai yesterday, I did a round of the Skoda counter, specifically the Yeti. I asked about the release dates and price of the 4x2. The Skoda rep there said he cannot confirm the same however he said there is a 7-seater Yeti. (yes ... i had the same "you have to be joking" expression) the only place I could imagine 2 additional seats in a Yeti was on the roof.
Old 21st November 2011, 15:34   #393
BHPian

In the 1st place, I don't think I agree that Yeti is even a 5 seater. This is the (almost) perfect 4 seater with luggage space for a small family. Almost, because of the price
Old 21st November 2011, 18:41   #394
BHPian

Vinayak Skoda called up with On road Bangalore price.
Active 4x2 - 16.88 Lacs
Ambition 4x2 - 17. 72 Lacs

Its still out of reach for most Yeti fans in bangalore atleast. I was hoping to get one if it worked out to 14-15 Lacs on road.
Phew - looks like the only option for me owning yeti is through prewoprshipped route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
There are two 4x2 variants in addition to the two existing 4x4 trims. Bangalore prices are as follows. Ambience and Elegance are the 4x4 versions.

Active 4x2: 13.58
Ambition 4x2 -14.44
Old 21st November 2011, 20:12   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Vinayak Skoda called up with On road Bangalore price.
Active 4x2 - 16.88 Lacs
Ambition 4x2 - 17. 72 Lacs

Its still out of reach for most Yeti fans in bangalore atleast. I was hoping to get one if it worked out to 14-15 Lacs on road.
Phew - looks like the only option for me owning yeti is through prewoprshipped route.
This price is way too high for 4X2 version. The Yeti would sell only to niche market. It will take some time for used Yetis to appear in market.

However, if a DSG variant with some other frills at a reasonable price point, is introduced, some owners might be tempted to upgrade.
Old 23rd November 2011, 14:20   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

After a year of ownership I now appreciate just how very fuel efficient the Yeti is. Recently on a trip to Delhi (80 km drive) on Sunday in mixed usage, I was able to get a fuel consumption of 5.0 L /100 Km , which is 20 Km/L (pic attached)
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-20112011287.jpg

Also, recently the Yeti has won an international accolade for being the most environment friendly - link below from IAB.

Skoda Yeti diesel wins Green Apple environment award

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 15:42   #397
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by j76 View Post
Has any of you heard of 7-seater Yeti ?
While I was at the Autocar Performance show in Mumbai yesterday, I did a round of the Skoda counter, specifically the Yeti. I asked about the release dates and price of the 4x2. The Skoda rep there said he cannot confirm the same however he said there is a 7-seater Yeti. (yes ... i had the same "you have to be joking" expression) the only place I could imagine 2 additional seats in a Yeti was on the roof.
Skoda has never made a 5+ seater car, as far as I know. However, there has been some talk on a new 7-Seater SUV, rumored to be called 'BigFoot'. It will be based on the VW Tiguan platform and even though the Tiguan is a 5-seater too, the extra row of seats in the BigFoot could be attributed to the longer wheel-base in the Skoda.

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-skodabigfootrendering.jpg

Here is a rendering of the BigFoot.

This new SUV should be showcased at the larger auto-shows, and is expected to hit international-markets in the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2013, across the globe. When it comes to India, if it does that is, it should be pitted against the larger Hyundai Santa Fe, and the Toyota Fortuner.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd November 2011 at 15:46.
Old 23rd November 2011, 18:22   #398
Distinguished - BHPian

"Skoda Auto India, a fully owned subsidiary of Škoda Auto a.s., Czech Republic has announced the launch the new Škoda Yeti 4x2, after the success of the earlier launched Yeti 4x4. The range of Yeti is extended with a two-wheel-drive diesel option priced at Rs. 13.20 lakhs ex showroom Maharashtra and is expected to further drive the car's success into new customer groups."
"
Skoda launches the Yeti 4x2 at Rs 13.20 Lakhs | WheelsUnplugged
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2011, 18:03   #399
BHPian

I was offered a discount of 1.5 Lakhs on 4x4 elegance model of yeti in Bangalore. I requested the sales rep to get back to me on further discount. kindly let me know your views on this discount.
Old 3rd December 2011, 19:25   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshurs View Post
I was offered a discount of 1.5 Lakhs on 4x4 elegance model of yeti in Bangalore. I requested the sales rep to get back to me on further discount. kindly let me know your views on this discount.
This is very good discount for elegance model. I have heard about discounts on Ambition variant, but not for Elegance. In my opinion Elegance is the model of choice for Yeti. A discount of 1.5 lakhs is offered on Elegance should be a deal clincher.
Old 3rd December 2011, 21:01   #401
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

i will PM you - please talk to Vinayak - Mr Hemanth the GM.
Give my reference and he will definitely look after you.
will mail you now with details

cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshurs View Post
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 01:41   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
i will PM you - please talk to Vinayak - Mr Hemanth the GM.
Give my reference and he will definitely look after you.
will mail you now with details

cheers
Thank you. I will connect with you and get the details
Old 7th December 2011, 15:24   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
After a year of ownership I now appreciate just how very fuel efficient the Yeti is.
As someone who has owned the car for that long...do you still suggest that a person looking to buy a car in the 15l range, buy this car...or are there otehr better option available...(or will be soon)
Old 7th December 2011, 19:07   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatiagagan View Post
As someone who has owned the car for that long...do you still suggest that a person looking to buy a car in the 15l range, buy this car...or are there otehr better option available...(or will be soon)
My Yeti too is exactly a year old today. Personally I feel that Yeti anyone looking for car in range of 15-19 lakhs should also consider Yeti. This and other threads have considered various pros and cons of Yeti ownership. However after 21,000 km on the odo and one year I'd strongly recommend it. I understand you can negotiate discounts unto 1 lakh on ambition and elegance 4X4 variants. I also think that 4x4 Elegance is the variant to go offer.
Old 22nd January 2012, 09:40   #405
Team-BHP Support

I decided to test drive the Yeti yesterday

Was given a 16000km example which was part of the Yeti challenge. My observations were

1: Clutch is heavy
2: Very manouverable
3: No rattles - car had just arrived and was filthy
4: Interiors - am not too sure about the amount of hard plastic that too compared to my Octavia
5: Good torque - it shoots ahead but lacks the thrust that the RS gives

It is a good car but it did not "jump up and kiss me" . I might need another test drive to convince myself. I think jumping from an Rs into a Yeti might have muddled my expectations

Met Androdev - I'll let him provide his comments

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks