Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2011, 11:03   #346
J.Ravi

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Yesterday's topgear on BBC had a drive on the Skoda yeti.
Enjoyed watching Skoda Yeti road-test in a completely different way. Helicopter landing on Yeti's top is a real climax.

Here is the link:

Last edited by J.Ravi : 7th November 2011 at 11:19.

Old 8th November 2011, 07:15   #347
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

the jeremy clarkson review of the Yeti is undoubtedly complimentary.
i saw this particular episode of Top Gear in March in the UK - it was telecast here last Wed.
There is a bit more to come - where he takes the Yeti through a burning warehouse while eating an ice cream cone - this is to test the AC.
all in all, in his own quirky way he seems to have placed a stamp of approval on the Yeti - which for me, is good enough. Also, he seemed very comfortable in it, though he is a tall chap - so that, for me is another plus.
Its a great car - I really want one now, more than ever.
But as always, lets see and decide carefully.
Old 8th November 2011, 09:18   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
all in all, in his own quirky way he seems to have placed a stamp of approval on the Yeti - which for me, is good enough. Also, he seemed very comfortable in it, though he is a tall chap - so that, for me is another plus.
Its a great car - I really want one now, more than ever.
But as always, lets see and decide carefully.

...indeed, it's not that often that I have seen Clarkson approve of a car that is your average family type of car (well, average in the west perhaps). Though come to think of it, he really seemed to like the new Fiesta hatchback too!
Old 8th November 2011, 21:46   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is a bit more to come - where he takes the Yeti through a burning warehouse while eating an ice cream cone - this is to test the AC.
I saw that, and it must have been via a link on this site.

Clarkson likes to shock, and it is a big part of his entertainment value, but there doesn't seem to be any doubt of the sincerity of his praise for the Yeti.
Old 9th November 2011, 19:14   #350
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

yep I watched that episode yesterday (which got recorded on my set top the day before or something)

yes he is pretty pleased with that Fiesta no doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post
...indeed, it's not that often that I have seen Clarkson approve of a car that is your average family type of car (well, average in the west perhaps). Though come to think of it, he really seemed to like the new Fiesta hatchback too!
Old 16th November 2011, 21:53   #351
BHPian

is the 110 bhp yeti out?? skoda website update.

i was looking through the skoda, india website and found 3 versions of the yeti, the base active is a 2 wheel drive 110 bhp with 5 speed manual. i havent seen or heard anything about an actual launch, considering that skoda are usually not so quick to update their website port folio (correct me if i am wrong).

apparently, the elegance gets a new design "nevis" alloy wheels.

Note from Support: Your thread was merged here as this thread has all the discussion on 2wd Yeti, this will help keeping all the information on this car at one place. Thanks

Last edited by .anshuman : 17th November 2011 at 14:05. Reason: see note in post
differential is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 09:19   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeti 4X2 Launched?

Looks like the Yeti 4X2 has been launched. Saw a half page ad for the Yeti in the Hindu today titled "India's most fuel efficient SUV" which says - "now available in 4X2 version",

The ad claims a fuel economy of 17.72 kpl and if you read the fine print, this is for the 2.0 L TDI 81 KW (110 PS) 4X2 version!

No indication of price on the ad. Also went to the Skoda website and there is no mention of 4X2 there either.
Old 17th November 2011, 09:29   #353
Team-BHP Support

The 4X@ is mentioned on the website as the Active. Identical except for

1: 110ps engine
2: Fabric seats
3: No sun glass holder
Old 17th November 2011, 09:51   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, I missed this the first time. A few other features are also missing in the active - ESP, Hill hold function, lumbar support, parktronic sensors/display, hydraulic brake assist, auto-dimming rear view mirror etc.

IMO, the price differential has to be pretty substantial to justify someone sacrificing all these features.
Old 17th November 2011, 10:48   #355
BHPian

Re: is the 110 bhp yeti out?? skoda website update.

The version is coined as"Active". The PDF brochure is however yet to be updated. 2WD Yeti becomes just another spacious quality hatch. Maybe an automatic gearbox along with power fold mirrors and rear parking assist might have made it a better deal for prospective city drivers. Sigh!
Old 17th November 2011, 11:15   #356
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
i was looking through the skoda, india website and found 3 versions of the yeti, the base active is a 2 wheel drive 110 bhp with 5 speed manual. i havent seen or heard anything about an actual launch, considering that skoda are usually not so quick to update their website port folio (correct me if i am wrong).

Excellent observation Differential.

I have attached the specification of the New Skoda Yeti as below. I did see an advertisement of Yeti yesterday in the newspaper, but i do not remember if it was a 2WD. I remembered the ad to be about Yeti being the SUV with the highest mileage per liter of diesel.

Any idea of the price? XUV effect?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-new-yeti-specifications.jpg  

Old 17th November 2011, 11:31   #357
BHPian

Awesome Move by Skoda !!! They are surely getting their act right.
Ever since i test drove Yeti (just for Kicks) 8 months back, i always wanted to buy one, but the price point was very high for me.
If 2WD works out to 12-13lakhs on rad in bangalore, Im game !!!!
Old 17th November 2011, 12:01   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post

Exactly, during their recent shuffling of Fabia variants I noticed it was not mentioning wheel upgrade to 15" but the accompanying PDF brochure had it! I've posted the picture here.
Old 17th November 2011, 12:01   #359
BHPian

Wow.. TopGear's review has just come at the very right time... I mean, that Taattoo thing was simply an awesome metaphor to demonstrate the comfort inside.
Much has already been said about Yeti... Price was it's ONLY weak point in India, hope with 2WD it's corrected.

I just called Vinayak Skoda @ bangalore, they acknowledge that Yeti Active has been launched and they will get detailed price list tomorrow...

Im all game if this beauty works out to not more than 14 Lakhs On road for base Model in Bangalore !! Keeping fingers crossed !!!!!!!!
Old 17th November 2011, 12:20   #360
BHPian

The 4x2 specs and details has been out on Skoda India site, cost of this has to be in low with missing electronic and haldex clutch, hope to see a lot Yeti on road now, the safety feature are mostly intact as in Ambition.
The gearbox is also different, its a 5 speed manual rather than the 6 speed in the Ambition and Elegance, the cost difference between Ambition and Elegance for the electronic and extra Airbags where almost 1 lac so expect a difference between Ambition and Active to be in range of 1.5-2 lac that should make the cost of Active to be in range of 14 Lac on road!

-Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks