Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2011, 11:03   #1846
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Guys facing issues with my boot shutting again. Need to lock/unlock the car to ensure closure. Anybody else face this problem?
Old 2nd April 2011, 16:09   #1847

First post: After waiting for 3-4 days before admins could approve my membership! It feels naice!
Booked the Vento(HL) diesel White on 24th Mar. Although the dealership staff was courteous, but they did not commit a date for delivery. Instead they said we'll have to wait for 3-4 months. All owners (including going to be-ones) will agree that this is the most tricky and anxious period. I guess VW should be on an all-out attack to reduce the waiting period.
Old 4th April 2011, 08:34   #1848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Please think, would a manufacturer forget VW, think any manufacturer. Would they ever make a machine wherein components make noises when working in tandem. Clean noises such as air cutting, electromagnetic whines, mechanical hums are different. I am referring to the dirty noises, grinding, knocking etc. It is like the line of software that gets written not flowing from or into the preceding and proceeding lines respectively.

Worst bit is you are ready to see if the noise exists in another Vento. What if you happen to drive one that is carrying the parts from the same batch as yours and does make the same/similar noise. Will you accept it as inevitable.

I am not saying that something is catastrophically wrong but something is not right either. Do not go by what the SA is saying and instead insist on the service guys taking a closer and keener look at your vehicle.
Absolutely right, you may need to be after the A.S.S. and if need be after the company to have everything sorted out to your satisfaction and not to the comfort of the service person.

Out of personal experience I can tell you that if you are not persistant enough no one listens.
Old 4th April 2011, 10:28   #1849

I booked a 1.6P HL. Really wonder as what made VW put that useless music system in 1.6 Highline.
I have explored with many officials at VW-India. None is providing any respite. ONly option is to throwaway the standard fitting, buy a nice Pioneer.
Old 4th April 2011, 15:40   #1850

I m on my way to Vento 1.6P HL, Shadow Blue at Delhi http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif. Any suggestions on MUST accessories please ???

Tint film
Seat covers
Bulbs
Freshners
Vanity mirror
etc.
etc.
Old 4th April 2011, 18:43   #1851

@jain_sanjayp:
Must accessories which should be brought from the dealership:
Made for Vento by VW.
Mud flaps.
Door mats.
Door Sill plates. (to avoid the door sills to get scratched)
I guess everything else for e.g.
Sun films
Flash bulbs, etc. can be done after markets. As dealerships charge exorbitant prices on them.
Old 5th April 2011, 00:16   #1852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwvrit View Post
@jain_sanjayp:
Must accessories which should be brought from the dealership:
Made for Vento by VW.
Mud flaps.
Door mats.
Door Sill plates. (to avoid the door sills to get scratched)
I guess everything else for e.g.
Sun films
Flash bulbs, etc. can be done after markets. As dealerships charge exorbitant prices on them.
You may want to check the accessories at VW before finalizing any. I wouldn't recommend mud flaps and floor mats from them. Suggest you to check the different ownership threads in team-bhp for varied options.

Adding my link for your reference - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...utschland.html

You should also refer to Chet1376, Ventoman, Naveen raju, noopster and many other new good threads on Vento
Old 5th April 2011, 00:30   #1853
Senior - BHPian

@windsurfer, the clutch noise you are refering to is evident in other vento TDis as well. My brother's friend reported this issue on his vento and I myself went with him to the service center. Mr Jatin (senior technitian at VW west delhi, who also took care of my polo during head change) also told me the same thing and to assure us also let us drove 2 other vento TDis which had similar noise. It has been reported to VW and its a design issue and cannot be fixed. Nothing to worry about though.

Also, little smoke and vibration for couple of minnutes during cold start have been reported in several ventos. Again a software update for ECU is being worked upon by VW and should be available in a month or so.
Old 5th April 2011, 09:25   #1854
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, got back my car from the showroom after the checkup. Please check my thread for the details.
Old 5th April 2011, 13:03   #1855
BHPian

The dethroning was quick!

Vento ends 13-yr Honda City rule | mydigitalfc.com
Old 5th April 2011, 15:00   #1856
BHPian

@Svis: Thats an good news. I believe the car deserves it.

I have just completed 1150 kms in my Vento. When I took the car for long drive, the FE was 23.8 kmpl which is very impressive. The ride in long drive was great, most of the time I didn't feel it's crossing 100+. But tried to maintain below 2500 rpm as recommended in the thread,

I have basic doubt, how do I make central lock?. Looks like when you do lock with the button in driver side still others could open the door. I tried to follow the manual to lock all the doors, but couldn't succeed. Any help?

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 5th April 2011 at 15:01.
Old 5th April 2011, 16:14   #1857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Spotted this Shadow Blue Vento outside my office yesterday. Looks awesome in flesh.
Wowwww....thats how mine will look. Thanks for sharing the picture. I had seen it in the showroom but it was in the evening. Yours seems to have been taken in good daylight. By the way KL-07 , Kochi if I am not mistaken right ?
Old 5th April 2011, 16:20   #1858
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Wowwww....thats how mine will look. Thanks for sharing the picture. I had seen it in the showroom but it was in the evening. Yours seems to have been taken in good daylight. By the way KL-07 , Kochi if I am not mistaken right ?
That was taken in good sunlight. Yes, it's Cochin.
Old 5th April 2011, 16:28   #1859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
@Svis: Thats an good news. I believe the car deserves it.

I have just completed 1150 kms in my Vento. When I took the car for long drive, the FE was 23.8 kmpl which is very impressive. The ride in long drive was great, most of the time I didn't feel it's crossing 100+. But tried to maintain below 2500 rpm as recommended in the thread,

I have basic doubt, how do I make central lock?. Looks like when you do lock with the button in driver side still others could open the door. I tried to follow the manual to lock all the doors, but couldn't succeed. Any help?
Wow 23.8 is neat!

the maximum I squeezed out of my TDI is 17.8 kmpl. I did a 1400 km trip this weekend, though I did speeds like 140-160 km/hr, maybe the relatively less mileage is because of that.

The car recently completed 4500 KM on the ODO, I guess I should start getting better mileage in the city now

Yes even after the central locking people can open the door from inside, the locking mechanism takes some time to getting used to it. This is a feature instead of a bug in case of water seeping inside the car the people should be able to open the door quickly. If you try opening the same doors from outside they wont open

As far as the kids are concerned there is child lock for them on the back seat, as the kids always needs to be on the back seat....

Last edited by evilshantanu : 5th April 2011 at 16:29. Reason: typo
Old 5th April 2011, 16:40   #1860
Senior - BHPian

My Uncle just bought a Vento.
Great car, though the suspension feels very stiff.
Not that comfortable over poor roads (which are quite common)

anyone else share this view?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks