Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2013, 14:17   #5596
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbangalore View Post
Volkswagen owners at Bangalore - Where are you folks servicing your cars at?

The only guy left is Palace Cross and reading up on this site, some folks have had bad experience when buying at the Palace Cross dealer. Anyone have any better experiences with servicing out there?
Whitefield VW Service Center is now operational - you can try there.
Old 7th January 2013, 14:24   #5597
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbangalore View Post
Volkswagen owners at Bangalore - Where are you folks servicing your cars at?
Palace cross Service centre located at Bagalagunte, Hesarghatta Road is currently the better of the available ones.

Have not done any at VW -Whitefield as it is relatively new centre.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 15:05   #5598
BHPian

Thanks folks. EvilShantanu's recommendation also seen.

Booked to be serviced at Palace Cross. Their service center is now in a new location. I'll post back with feedback if any.
anandbangalore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 19:19   #5599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post

congratulations! could we have a long shot of the tyres from behind, and side.?
Sorry for the delay Newton, but here goes :
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image2250299034.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image3247746813.jpg  

speed kills is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 23:31   #5600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
For guys still thinking about changing your brake pads or not please do it ASAP.

Some other stuff I got to hear, Vento has two Chassis series something like BT and CT and there are some things that are different.

s
Any idea on what exactly is the difference?
Old 10th January 2013, 11:36   #5601
BHPian

I heard there is a built-in bluetooth available in vento ICE. Do any Vento owners have their built-in bluetooth functioning?
Old 10th January 2013, 11:42   #5602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saaicon View Post
Any idea on what exactly is the difference?
Sorry did not see your question earlier.
The parts differ and the prices for those parts. Even things that need to be carried out as part of warranty will change and will not be applicable for both.
Old 13th January 2013, 00:26   #5603
BHPian

My search for upgrading to a sedan from my Swift VDI has begun. Today I visited the VW Downtown Mumbai showroom for the Vento TDI, while inquiring about the car and ICE, the Sales person mentioned that upgrading the HU and the speakers will void the wiring warranty.
I would like to know from Vento owners who have changed the ICE if they faced any such issue while taking the car for servicing ?
Old 13th January 2013, 09:23   #5604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
My search for upgrading to a sedan from my Swift VDI has begun. Today I visited the VW Downtown Mumbai showroom for the Vento TDI, while inquiring about the car and ICE, the Sales person mentioned that upgrading the HU and the speakers will void the wiring warranty.
I would like to know from Vento owners who have changed the ICE if they faced any such issue while taking the car for servicing ?
No issues faced so far. Quite a few people here have upgraded their HU and speakers. Its not just the HU, even changing the head lights to the one withe the relay setup also voids warranty. Almost two years and 2 services- havent faced any warranty issues
Old 13th January 2013, 17:04   #5605
BHPian

Got my Vento TDI HL Terra Biege delivered couple of days back. Thanks for all who replied my initial queries on this forum.

Initial impressions:
  • Liked the smooth drive
  • Somebody in another thread complained that the car sounds like a tractor. The engine noise is high and is a typical European diesel. But inside the cabin I don't feel a bit of it.
  • Build quality is excellent
  • Ride quality is good, but will take time for me to actually comment on this
  • Has good sufficient viewability at all sides and the reverse camera helps me even in the night in low lit places
  • Steering response is adequate
  • Though the new version claims to have bluetooth, it is integrated into Garmin SatNav and is not able to connect to my phone, but works with my wife's :-(
  • Seat belt warning is almost missing. Need to check it again.
  • Not able to find the anti-theft off button, though its there in the manual
  • Manual talks about Aux but there's none
  • Manual talks about rain sensing wipes. I don't think the car has one.
  • Was searching for the fuel lid opener only to find that, if the car is unlocked, then you just have to push the fuel lid to open :-)
  • Fuel fill is in the opposite side when compared to my old Zen
  • ICE is certainly a let down without Aux and built-in bluetooth to play songs from my mobile or take calls from the steering mounted phone button
  • Felt the seat height adjust can provide a bit more height than it's max. Though I am of average height at 5' 7", a bit more height would have been good.
  • Got used to the opposite control stalks quickly. Yet to get used to a few other stuff with respect to the stalks.
  • Seat belt didn't retract properly and so when I closed the door, the leads were on the door way which caused a small scratch. Anybody faced this problem?
  • Boot does not open electrically as in Sunny

Quote:
For guys still thinking about changing your brake pads or not please do it ASAP.
Why? Are there anything wrong with the stock ones?

Quote:
Some other stuff I got to hear, Vento has two Chassis series something like BT and CT and there are some things that are different.
BT is 2011 model, CT is 2012 model and DT is 2013 model. It just denotes the model year. Of course there could be differences between them based on the YoY upgrades.
Crank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2013, 17:43   #5606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
Got my Vento TDI HL Terra Biege delivered couple of days back.
congrats. wish you a fantastic ownership of the car.

Quote:
Seat belt warning is almost missing. Need to check it again.
Unfortunately no seat belt warning in the vento. Anyway buckle up every time even before you crank the engine. Whats the need of the warning if you have a habit of always wearing the belt.

Quote:
Was searching for the fuel lid opener only to find that, if the car is unlocked, then you just have to push the fuel lid to open :-)
haha I've been embarrased party once! On the first day itself I drove to the bunk to fill her up and realized there that I did not know how to open the lid!!! I came from Alto/i10 background and was searching for the button at the usual place (below drivers seat as is in those cars). Fortunately someone came to the rescue there but my wife had a nice time at my expense
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2013, 23:58   #5607
BHPian

During yesterdays visit to the VW showroom, the sales guy mentioned that the 2013 vento will have a different set of alloys and some new features. This is an upgrade over the refresh version. Anybody has more details ?
Old 15th January 2013, 06:11   #5608
Senior - BHPian

If there is one thing I want to change in the new/refresh/whatever version is the alloys. I mean the old one looked much more classier and understated and suited the car perfectly well. Even the new one on the polo looks much better.

How much does the new one cost though? Are they still charging a ridiculous 20k per alloy?

Quote:
During yesterdays visit to the VW showroom, the sales guy mentioned that the 2013 vento will have a different set of alloys and some new features. This is an upgrade over the refresh version. Anybody has more details ?
Old 15th January 2013, 11:52   #5609
BHPian

Quote:
for now there are no new features or alloys in 2013 vento. if you can wait till February, you will get New Radio with bluetooth integrated. just ask sales person for Feb 2013 manufactured car when you go to showroom.
Nicky is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2013, 14:25   #5610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
if you can wait till February, you will get New Radio with bluetooth integrated. just ask sales person for Feb 2013 manufactured car when you go to showroom.
Is this true? Then I missed it by couple of months. :-( That's one of the main things that bothers me in my Vento.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks