Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2021, 20:25   #526
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Currently I am at my Hometown (Lucknow), as due to COVID-19 my organization has made Work From Home as mandatory option and I thought why not to spend time with my Father as well as my son enjoys playing with him. At my hometown, I have two cars purchased in 2010 and then in 2015 on finance from PNB and SBI in Lucknow. Car loan for both of them were cleared in 2015 and 2018 respectively, but didn't had time to apply for Hypothecation Termination at RTO Lucknow as I was never in Lucknow for more than a week or two at max. Current stay gave me an opportunity to apply for Hypothecation Termination at RTO, Lucknow and would like to list down the process and documentation required for same.

Documents Required for HPT @ RTO UP-32:
  • Registration Certificate (Original)
  • Form 35 signed by Bank/Finance company (Original)
  • No Dues Certificate from Bank/Finance company (Original)
  • Car Loan Statement from Bank/Finance company ( Copy)
  • Valid Insurance Document (Copy)
  • Valid Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate (Copy)
  • HSRP (High Security Registration Plate) Receipt ( Copy)
  • Two Envelops affixed with Postal stamp of INR. 22/- each ( For receiving RC and for sending Form-35 back to Bank after RTO stamping)
  • Receipt for Paid Fees ( INR. 0 (zero)in U.P. as Transport department does not charges fees for HPT but one does get receipt with zero amount)
  • Scheduled Appointment Slip (Appointments are available for next day)
On 20-Mar-2021, went to Bank Branch (SBI and PNB) to collect No Dues certificate/Form 35/Car Loan Statement and was able to collect same in 20 minutes from the time entered in branch. Bank Staff was cooperative even though I did not remembered my loan account number. They extracted details through my mobile number.

Same day at night applied for HPT application through www.parivahan.gov.in and completed the application after uploading softcopy of Form-35 obtained from Bank. Took appointment for 22-Mar-2021 (Monday) through the portal. Gathered all the documents required for printout and took printout on 21-Mar-2021.

Planned to reach RTO at 12:30 PM due to scheduled official meetings. Reached at 12:30 PM and parking of car was not a concern at RTO office. Then went to the counter to check on the list of documents pasted on the window. I was not aware on the requirement of HSRP receipt as well as second envelop with stamp for sending Form-35 copy from RTO to Bank. To my luck, I had applied for HSRP for both my cars and got it affixed in the month of DEC-2020 & JAN-2021. Also, I was having receipt on my phone as I sent it to my Father for getting the HSRP fixed. Took printout of same from shops nearby as well as purchased additional Envelops with postal stamps and file covers for keeping the applications.

After getting all the documents in order in the file cover purchased, went to enquiry counter and checked for counter on which those documents to be submitted. At RTO-Lucknow, submission counters are based on middle alphabets of the Registration number. Reached the counter as told and presented the documents. RTO employee verified the documents and then asked to sign at two places along with contact number. I was updated that I shall get the document in 10-15 days period, in case if I do not receive the same in 2 weeks then I shall contact at the same counters between 4 - 5 PM for collection of updated Registration certificate.

Overall, it was a good experience and the whole process at RTO was completed in 1 hour and 20 minutes (I had to stand in two different queues as the registration series were different). Rather than RTO employees its people who were trying to get into the line from anywhere as well as the Agents who were trying to push their file first through back door entry. But, considering where we were 10 years before and how we and our Governmental processes have evolved, its good to see that as an individual we can get our work done at RTO without agents.
As of current status on 23-Mar-2021 at www.parivahan.gov.in the application has been approved and RC has been printed. The update for HPT is also visible in the documents available at mParivahan mobile App.

As of now I have done following procedures at RTO in Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh without involving any agents and bribe. All the fees paid were as per receipt received from RTO department.
  • Car Ownership Transfer at Indiranagar RTO (KA-03) in Year 2010
  • Moving PB-02 issued Driving License to UP-32 as the paper based license was in very bad condition at Lucknow RTO (UP-32) in Year 2011
  • Car Ownership Transfer at Indiranagar RTO (KA-03) in Year 2013
  • Paid Lifetime tax for my TN registered bike at Indiranagar RTO (KA-03) in Year 2015
  • Registration and applying for KA number for UP-14 Registered car at K.R.PURAM RTO (KA-53) in Year 2016.
  • Applying fresh DL (LMV + MCG) at Yelahanka RTO (KA-50) through Sarathi process in Year 2018.
  • Registration of TN-22 registered two wheeler at Yelahanka RTO (KA-50) in Year 2019.
  • Renewal of Registration for above mentioned two wheeler at Yelahanka RTO (KA-50) in Year 2019.
  • Movement of records car registered at K.R. Puram RTO (KA-53) to Yelahanka RTO (KA050) in Year 2019.
  • Change of Address for above mentioned car at Yelahanka RTO (KA-50) in Year 2019.
  • Hypothecation Termination for two cars at Lucknow RTO (UP-32) in year 2021.
Note : I did not renewed my old DL as I had to travel to Lucknow from Bangalore but due to some situations it was not possible at that time. Also, I had utilized agent services at TN-22 RTO for issual of NOC/HPT in year 2018 for my TN22 registered two wheeler..
aeroamit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 20:47   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
P.S: Just updated the virtual RC on mParivahan and the Financier field now shows NA
Somehow I missed your post. But I was able to use this app now and followed the same steps. And my Financier field as well shows NA. So its done now.
SoumenD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 22:08   #528

Here's the procedure for Mysuru West RTO:
  1. Fill up the application online for hypothecation removal in parivahan portal and pay the money, upload documents and take a print out of Form 35. The website is a bit buggy but you can keep coming back to the application using the Reprint Form/Application option again using the application number.
  2. Get the following documents ready: 2x Form-35 (both to RTO) generated by the website signed by you and signed and sealed by bank manager, NOC letter addressed to the registering authority, 2x Fess paid receipt (one for yourself, one for RTO), RC photocopy, insurance photocopy, PUCC photocopy
  3. Talk to the agents sitting outside and purchase an envelope with the right postage stamp (Rs. 20 within the city etc.). Also purchase a plastic cover to put your RC in it. Ask for a pin to bind all these documents together. Costed me Rs. 32.
  4. Keep one copy of fees paid receipt to yourself (for acknowledgement seal in the last step) and pin everything else together for submission.
  5. Go to counter number 3 and talk to anybody they'll sign Form-35 and ask you to go to counter number 5 to submit this document.
  6. At counter number 5 submit the pinned documents and ask the person to seal and sign your copy of fees paid receipt as an acknowledgement. Wait for the new RC card to reach home.

PITFALLS:
  • The Form-35 that the bank manager gave you directly does not work.
  • Online application is mandatory.
  • Make sure the NOC letter is addressed to The Registering Authority, RTO.

Total Cost: Rs. 232/-
No palm greasing/No agent needed. It is just a 5 minute job depending on the crowd in RTO.
zapstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 08:37   #529

I just applied to get hypothecation removed for my Delhi-registered car at parivahan.gov.in, and was pleasantly surprised to learn that the process is completely online now, with no need for a physical visit, and no fees either. It took me around 30 minutes to finish the application. They needed scanned copies of Form 35, insurance, RC, and NOC (but no PUC). The receipt specifically mentions "No need to visit RTO", and it did say that the new RC would be sent to my address with speed post if the details checked out. Saved me quite a bit of time and hassle.
jitin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 14:13   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theautoman View Post
Just got the HPT removed from my Car in KA03 RTO - Bangalore East,

and since HTP removal is not printed on the RC card, it is better to pay extra fees and obtain the B-Extract of the RC after the HPT is removed. you will have a physical document as proof of termination of HPT.
Thank you for your post. I need to go for HP removal as well but have only received 2 copies of FORM 35 and bank letter to RTO. Is this enough ?

And how do you apply for the B-Extract ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11th April 2021, 20:03   #531
BHPian

Guys, please advise.

I have applied for Hypothecation removal through Drivekool (RTO agent) in Bangalore. I got my RC card a few days ago. I am not sure how to check whether this hypothecation removal is completed or not.

Vahan website shows the below details for my car:

ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-baleno.png
Old 21st April 2021, 23:01   #532
BHPian

Hello -

Is it possible for me (or an agent) to physically pickup my updated RC after de-hypothecation from the RTO or can they only mail it to me at the address on the RC via registered post?

My address has changed and I no longer live at the address on my RC book and I really do not want to go through the process of changing my address since I've moved states as well (Delhi to UP).

I'm not sure if these procedures differ from state to state. Can someone from Delhi help?
Old 27th April 2021, 13:23   #533
BHPian

Online removal of Hypothecation from RC at Bangalore South RTO - KA-05

Prepare Documents:

A. Documents Required :
i. Form 35 with sign and seal from the financial institution
ii. NOC from financial institution
iii. RC card

B. Scan (a) & (b) into a single PDF. Scan both sides of RC card into a single PDF.

C. Ensure each PDF is 200KB or less in size. You can use this extreme compressor which somehow manages to retain quality also - https://avepdf.com/en/hyper-compress-pdf

Apply Online:

1. Visit https://parivahan.gov.in/

2. Click Online Services > Vehicle Related Services > Select Karnataka

3. It redirects you to "Vahan Citizen Service" portal. Select State as Karnataka & RTO (Bangalore South RTO 5 in my case) and proceed

4. Click on Basic Services - Hypothecation [Addition/Continuation/Termination]

5. Enter Registration No. and last 5 characters of Chassis Number and Validate. Enter registered mobile number and submit OTP.

6. In the Application Entry Form, select "Termination of Hypothecation"

7. Most of the details regarding the vehicle and your current insurance are auto-populated. Enter the date of Loan Closure as per the NOC from financial institution.

Pay Online:

8. Verify all details and proceed for fee payment of Rs.200. All usual digital payment options exist, including cash payment at RTO.

9. Pay digitally and the window redirects to somewhere you wouldn't expect. We need the Application Number to proceed further but do not worry!

10. Repeat 1, 2 and 3. Click Status > Reprint Receipt/Form > Reprint Receipt

11. Select "Registration No. Wise", enter "Application" for transaction, "Online Service" for Application, the Registration Number, and last 5 characters of Chassis Number and submit.

12. Click on "Trans ID" and you get your e-receipt, which shows your Application No. Save this receipt.

Upload Documents:

13. Now repeat 1, 2 & 3 if you have to.

14. Click Status > Add Pending/Modify Uploaded Documents. Select Add Pending Documents

15. Enter the Registration No., last 5 characters of Chassis no., Application No., registered mobile no. and submit OTP.

16. Select the two PDF files and click "Upload DMS" for each file. You can verify the uploaded file by click the view file links. Once both files are uploaded, click on Final Submit. It shows a message that the application must be reprinted for the actual submission to RTO.

17. Repeat 10, 11 & 12 and you are done.

Check Status:

18. Repeat 1, 2 & 3. Click Status > Know Your Application Status. Provide the details. Immediately after point 17, it must show "PENDING AT HPT-VERIFICATION". You can regularly check for the progress.

Last edited by dksv : 27th April 2021 at 13:34.
dksv is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 11:15   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
For a lesson in patience, one should go the RTO once a while and do a process without hiring an agent.

I had been to the Kasurinagar RTO today to get the hypothetication removal for my car. It was a simple process of just submitting the relevant documents and filing them and submitting it and then pay the fees. But thanks to the officials who love to make you run around if you go on your own, it is always a frustrating process.
It has been over two months since I completed the formalities and submitted the papers for hypothecation removal. I was expecting to receive the new RC card by post at least in 4-6 weeks, but it has been over two months and there is no sign of it.
Since there is a lockdown, I am not sure if the RTO is working and if it makes sense to go check on the status once the lockdown is finished.

When I checked the vahaan portal, there were two pending payments which I had tried before going to the RTO which I am not sure is the cause. The payment was done at the RTO itself with the receipt attached to the file.

Any pointers?

Last edited by tharian : 1st June 2021 at 11:17.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 23:16   #535
BHPian

Hi friends. I had a quick query. My brother has finalised a used Creta in Bangalore. The seller is having loan from SBI, which he is proposing to close before signing the sale deal. We have paid token amount of 30,000 and have asked him to close the loan and set the ball rolling for hypothecation cancellation. The seller was saying that hypothecation removal and ownership transfer can happen parallel. The vehicle is registered with KA05.

Kindly advise whether both the things can take place simultaneously or we need to first cancel the hypothecation and then go for ownership change.
Old 16th June 2021, 11:33   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
Online removal of Hypothecation from RC at Bangalore South RTO - KA-05

I have followed this process, and completed the application on 07-Jun-2021. However, its still stuck at PENDING AT HPT-VERIFICATION. Any idea how long it would take? The RTO is KA03.
Old 16th June 2021, 11:39   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljai View Post
I have followed this process, and completed the application on 07-Jun-2021. However, its still stuck at PENDING AT HPT-VERIFICATION. Any idea how long it would take? The RTO is KA03.
I think they were not functioning during the lockdown. From this week it should be 50% staffing as per the papers. Files should start moving now. I am waiting for my RC card as well which as per the portal is approved but probably not posted.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 15:13   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Thank you for your post. I need to go for HP removal as well but have only received 2 copies of FORM 35 and bank letter to RTO. Is this enough ?

And how do you apply for the B-Extract ?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the delay in reply, was away from T-BHP for a while.

if you are still looking for the reply, Yes 2 copies of From 35 is enough, For B-Extract, you have to pay extra fees of Rs 10, in the Counter at the RTO or Online. and request for the B extract of Registration Certificate.

It looks like this.
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-bextract.jpg  

theautoman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 15:30   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Hi friends. I had a quick query. My brother has finalised a used Creta in Bangalore. The seller is having loan from SBI, which he is proposing to close before signing the sale deal. We have paid token amount of 30,000 and have asked him to close the loan and set the ball rolling for hypothecation cancellation. The seller was saying that hypothecation removal and ownership transfer can happen parallel. The vehicle is registered with KA05.

Kindly advise whether both the things can take place simultaneously or we need to first cancel the hypothecation and then go for ownership change.
I don't know if it can happen in parallel, but Without the NOC from the Financier Ownership transfer cannot happen.

If you don't trust the seller of the Car, there is another way to do it, but you need the co operation of the Financier for this. you can pay the Car owner the difference of the selling price and Foreclosure amount, Pay the outstanding amount to the Financer directly and obtain the NOC, use it for HPT removal. then go for the Transfer of Ownership.

Few Financial Institutions also have the spare key of the Vehicle. don't forget to collect it.
theautoman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 16:11   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theautoman View Post

Few Financial Institutions also have the spare key of the Vehicle. don't forget to collect it.
Thanks for the information. We were able to impress upon the seller to clear his car loan outstanding before we signed on the dotted line. Sighting lockdown he refused to go to the branch for closure of the loan. I being a banker called the manager of that particular SBI where his car loan was availed. The manager informed me to obtain one written authorisation from the owner and furnish identity document of mine. The seller had paid his loan outstanding and the only leftover amount was the foreclosure penalty of 3% of the loan outstanding which was to be paid in cash. I went to the branch and paid the same in cash and obtained 2 sets of Form 35 signed by the Manager and 1 set of NOC. We reduced the penalty amount paid by us from the sale consideration and took the possession of the vehicle.

We have applied online for hypothecation cancellation by paying ₹200 and uploading Form 35 and RC copy on the vahan portal. Awaiting further update from RTO side. Once that happens, then we will start online process of ownership change.
MDED is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed