Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2009, 22:07   #526
Senior - BHPian

Select

Found this Select under restoration in Hot Tracks workshop.
Name:  DSC00298.JPG
Views: 1127
Size:  147.6 KB

The fuel cap is not restored to original style. Manish, You should suggest this to the owner.
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00300.jpg
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00301.jpg
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00302.jpg

The indicator holes suggest its a Select.
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00303.jpg
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00304.jpg
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00305.jpg
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00306.jpg
Old 31st October 2009, 22:32   #527
Senior - BHPian

Select.

The car looks wonderful - a through and professional resto job as we can see !
Btw, the amp meter cutout on the right of the dashboard should ideally not be there.
Old 31st October 2009, 22:43   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Wow!!! looks like a very nice restoration in progress.......Find the owner and get the club logo on it once its ready

Where is this workshop Arun?
Old 31st October 2009, 22:45   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Wow!!! looks like a very nice restoration in progress.......Find the owner and get the club logo on it once its ready

Where is this workshop Arun?
Next to Indiranagar BDA complex. Manish and me are in constant touch with the owner for assistance on ORIGINALITY.
Old 31st October 2009, 22:57   #530
Senior - BHPian

I am going to Indiranagar RTO in next 3 days.....guide me or join me in seeing this car Arun!
Old 1st November 2009, 07:00   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Attachment 219028

The fuel cap is not restored to original style. Manish, You should suggest this to the owner.
Attachment 219029
Attachment 219030
Attachment 219031

The indicator holes suggest its a Select.
Attachment 219032
Attachment 219033
Attachment 219034
Attachment 219035
The doors lying behind the car are of select.

@ Ravi: Yes that hole for ammeter should not be there, we will tell the Garage Owner about the stuff. It seems he got the car for a song from an old man .
Old 1st November 2009, 10:56   #532
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@manish, Unibody Chassis, Unitary Chassis, Monocoque Chassis are all same, Mono Coque is nothing but Single Shell, which ever car doest have Ladder frame or Tubular Framed Chassis are all Single Shell Chassis or Mostly called Unibody Chassis, its an Extract from Monocoque Design, it need not to be Formula 1 Chassis, i forgot the author name, i read his book quite sometime back. monocoque defines no separate frame for chassis, only frontal part of chassis are visible and the rest are platform. In some cars, back part of the frame is also visible, Please refer more books and images and go through. it was common in old cars, the construction cost is cheaper than the framed chassis but, it cannot be repaired. I have searched for fiat chassis Description, i didnt get it, if anybody is having please help me out.
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:23   #533
Senior - BHPian

Problem with my S1

I seem to have a problem with my S1 ever since I brought it a couple of months ago. When ever I accelate in 1st and 2nd gears, and hold the clutch immediately, a jolt kind of sound comes. I am not sure where and why it is happening.

Initially, mechanic thought that the propellor shaft or some thing might have been loose and tightened all nuts and bolts at the bottom of the car. Nothing changed. He then thought that the Stars are gone and replaced both at the differencial and near the gearbox. Still the issue persisted. He then removed the Differencial and found one of the bearing to be a little bad, it was a little smudged. He replaced it and still is the same issue. He then suspected an issue with the clutch plates and we replaced it yesterday. The problem still persists.

Can anyone help me in this regard? I am planning to take my car to Sujith's Garage in the next few days to get the issue diagnosed.
Old 3rd November 2009, 18:53   #534
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
I seem to have a problem with my S1 ever since I brought it a couple of months ago. When ever I accelate in 1st and 2nd gears, and hold the clutch immediately, a jolt kind of sound comes. I am not sure where and why it is happening.

Initially, mechanic thought that the propellor shaft or some thing might have been loose and tightened all nuts and bolts at the bottom of the car. Nothing changed. He then thought that the Stars are gone and replaced both at the differencial and near the gearbox. Still the issue persisted. He then removed the Differencial and found one of the bearing to be a little bad, it was a little smudged. He replaced it and still is the same issue. He then suspected an issue with the clutch plates and we replaced it yesterday. The problem still persists.

Can anyone help me in this regard? I am planning to take my car to Sujith's Garage in the next few days to get the issue diagnosed.

Lets see whether Vivek can come out with the real solution! Hope you getting it this time for sure.
Old 3rd November 2009, 19:08   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
Lets see whether Vivek can come out with the real solution! Hope you getting it this time for sure.

@Suji: Good to know that you are in Bangalore tomorrow noon onwards and you have a holiday the day after. It would be nice to have you and Arun along when we go to the mechanic. See you guys tomorrow!
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:10   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
The doors lying behind the car are of select.

@ Ravi: Yes that hole for ammeter should not be there, we will tell the Garage Owner about the stuff. It seems he got the car for a song from an old man .
Gawwd ! Wish we had that kind of luck.. And what a car ! Waiting to see progress on this one.
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:19   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Gawwd ! Wish we had that kind of luck.. And what a car ! Waiting to see progress on this one.
The "Fiat Crazy Person", what kind of luck you mean? Such type of restoration process?

Your BLUE is so beautiful and what more you want
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:23   #538
Senior - BHPian

Ha Ha !! I want (as we ALL want) more and more and more of Fiats . As many as possible, and as soon as possible !!
BTW thanks Arun, for the compliment on the Blue'n'white .
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:29   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
The S1 comes with double propshaft if the alightment is not proper it could make that kind of noise remove the shaft and get it checked in the latheshop
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:43   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperial.s.a View Post
The S1 comes with double propshaft if the alightment is not proper it could make that kind of noise remove the shaft and get it checked in the latheshop
Thanks sir! I will have him check when I visit the garage tomorrow

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks