Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2014, 17:33   #6166
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
All that i can conclude from this image is PRODUCTIVITY AT IT'S BEST
7 trucks hauled by 2 tow trucks! What can be more efficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
Will the tow hook not break or worse, topple the tow truck?

I know that the weight of the army trucks is being borne by its wheels but there must still be a significant part of that weight being exerted on the tow truck.

Regards,
BL
There were 3 rods attached to the first truck apart from several chains tied to each 1 of them. So all are going down together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafful_Rathod View Post
I am wondering how the tow truck is able to pull so much load. What will happen at the turn ? Also the amount of damage it will do to these trucks by being carried in this way.
That's what I was wondering! May be they have a super low ratio rear axle and heavy duty clutches.
I also don't understand how do they handle the turns.

What if the tow truck breaks down while crossing a junction? Who will tow them away!
Old 24th May 2014, 21:02   #6167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
Will the tow hook not break or worse, topple the tow truck?

I know that the weight of the army trucks is being borne by its wheels ...
Only some of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafful_Rathod View Post
I am wondering how the tow truck is able to pull so much load.
Aren't they just shells? The weight is probably not that much

Maybe they jut kept on adding trucks until the tow truck couldn't move! The principle is, hey, it works, It must be ok, and, on that principle we see absurdly overloaded bikes, let alone trucks, and, of course, nobody gives any thought at all to what might go wrong.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2014, 22:38   #6168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Only some of it.

Aren't they just shells? The weight is probably not that much
They had the engines in them. The entire drive-trains in fact.
Old 25th May 2014, 00:11   #6169
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh goodness! Really quite a weight then!
Old 25th May 2014, 00:55   #6170

Re: Team-BHP STICKERS are HERE! Post sightings & pics of them on your car...

Spotted a Mahindra Scorpio (MH-04-CB-5908) with a 'GOT BHP?' sticker on the right hand side on the rear door (to right of the rear number plate).
The car was spotted at approximately 09:50pm on Link Road Borivali near Eskay Club (Between Shanti Aashram and Yogi Nagar).
The driver had his upper lights switched on all the time (not flashing), i was right in front of him on my Activa and i tried making some hand gestures so that he would switch to dipper. Instead this gentleman started honking and it was too loud and non stop. I thought it would be a crazy driver behind the wheel or that it might be a case of drunken driving and I feared that he would bump into me if i didn't switch lanes.
Hence, fearing for my life, i thought it'd be wise to give this driver his (so called) 'right of way'.
While passing by the driver gave me an angry stare and as it went past i was shocked to see the 'GOT BHP?' sticker on the rear!
Some 20 meters ahead a green signal turned to yellow and then to red. This gentleman did not bother to stop, nor did he care to slow down and broke the signal.
We talk a lot about road safety and following traffic rules, but i was really disappointed to see a car with our sticker on it, driving in such a rash manner.
Respected Sir (the driver), if you are reading this, please improve the manner in which you drive. Forget bringing disgrace to the sticker, to this website or to this forum. You are putting your own life at risk and more importantly you are also putting lives of fellow passengers, other drivers, riders and pedestrians around you on the street at risk!
Consider this as your wake up call!

Last edited by Aditya : 26th May 2014 at 12:32.
Old 26th May 2014, 14:09   #6171
Oxy
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP STICKERS are HERE! Post sightings & pics of them on your car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanky_Cobra View Post
Spotted a Mahindra Scorpio (MH-04-CB-5908) with a 'GOT BHP?' sticker on the right hand side on the rear door (to right of the rear number plate).
The car was spotted at approximately 09:50pm on Link Road Borivali near Eskay Club (Between Shanti Aashram and Yogi Nagar).
The driver had his upper lights switched on all the time (not flashing), i was right in front of him on my Activa and i tried making some hand gestures so that he would switch to dipper. Instead this gentleman started honking and it was too loud and non stop. I thought it would be a crazy driver behind the wheel or that it might be a case of drunken driving and I feared that he would bump into me if i didn't switch lanes.
Hence, fearing for my life, i thought it'd be wise to give this driver his (so called) 'right of way'.
While passing by the driver gave me an angry stare and as it went past i was shocked to see the 'GOT BHP?' sticker on the rear!
Some 20 meters ahead a green signal turned to yellow and then to red. This gentleman did not bother to stop, nor did he care to slow down and broke the signal.
We talk a lot about road safety and following traffic rules, but i was really disappointed to see a car with our sticker on it, driving in such a rash manner.
Respected Sir (the driver), if you are reading this, please improve the manner in which you drive. Forget bringing disgrace to the sticker, to this website or to this forum. You are putting your own life at risk and more importantly you are also putting lives of fellow passengers, other drivers, riders and pedestrians around you on the street at risk!
Consider this as your wake up call!
Respected Sir? Gentleman?

This species is better known as Imbeciles.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 15:00   #6172
Team-BHP Support

The Hyderabad ORR has a speed limit of 120 kmph.

Bolero coming down the wrong side protected by the superpower bestowed on it by its hi-beams.

There are two boleros on the wrong side.

The first one can be seen exiting the ORR Toll gate at 1:07.
Another one which is speeding on the wrong side at 2:00.

Last edited by bblost : 27th May 2014 at 15:16.
Old 27th May 2014, 15:11   #6173
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
[/url]

Bolero coming down the wrong side protected by the superpower bestowed on it by its hi-beams.
When you want to post a specific time add &t=125s to the link
This way users do not have to watch 2 minutes of regular video

Last edited by bblost : 27th May 2014 at 15:14. Reason: removed embedded video
tsk1979 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 15:54   #6174
Senior - BHPian

Last week, 22nd May i think, i am going back home from office. Time is around 6.30 PM and the roads are packed as always. I had to take the left to Kanakapura Road from the Jaraganahalli Signal. Now, at this place, you will find several two wheelers crossing everyone else on the left and by driving on the Walking lanes.

I slowly trut along and am the second vehicle at the signal. I need to take a left. Signal is RED. There is NO free left. There is a two wheeler, with two young guys in front of me.

I can now go left, i can see the left sign blinking at the pole to my left. I do a gentle honk to the two wheeler, no response. I honk twice, no response. I honk just a wee bit and i get a gesture from the guy riding the two wheeler, pointing me to the RED sign in front. I gesture back that RED is for going straight and we can now go left.

He asks his co-passenger to get down and check the signal that i was pointing out to him. They exchange some words amongst themselves, but dont budge from their position and they keep laughing to themselves.

Meanwhile, there are several cars behing me honking away to glory. And finally, when the signal in front turn Green, the two wheeler, who was all along to the front and left of me, had to go straight. I am expasperated. And am thinking what else do we need to put up with in an already impatient and intolerable roads.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 16:01   #6175
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

There are two boleros on the wrong side.
I am used to this and I choose to drive in the third lane (when counted from left) as I am not sure who is coming on the wrong side or which vehicle is parked/broken down on he fast lane. I keep seeing people doing yoga, meditation, skipping etc on the rightmost lane (will try and pictures).

One thing puzzles me is when driving wrong side with a warning signal (the high beams obviously) why do they prefer to stick to the fastest lane on the road? I have observed the same on normal roads and the ORR. Why can't they choose the emergency lane that is first lane beside the railings?

The rightmost lane has cars driving at speeds between 90-120 kmph, so any such wrong side driving would lead to an un-toward incident.

Anurag.
Old 27th May 2014, 20:25   #6176
Senior - BHPian

The batch of impatient highway drivers can be identified with:

1) Never trying to break the momentum and trying to squeeze in, assuming that the vehicle in between will give way.

2) When overtaking a heavy vehicle(so that there is no visibility ahead of him, for us), if they veer slowly towards the right, it isn't that the sleepless driver is sleeping behind the wheel.

Most of the times there is a obstacle in front, like a cyclist or a pedestrian, and heavy vehicles tend to always give more leeway owing to their length.

Irrespective of knowing this or not, these impatient drivers tend to 'correct' the truck ahead by blowing the horn incessantly.
Old 27th May 2014, 22:00   #6177
Senior - BHPian

"They said I must always park between the yellow lines"

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-uploadfromtaptalk1401208006733.jpg
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 12:17   #6178
Team-BHP Support

Met this super-dad a few days ago in peak rush hour traffic. It must take a super-human kind of moron to be this stupid

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20140605_104722.jpg

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th June 2014 at 12:19.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 12:42   #6179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Met this super-dad a few days ago in peak rush hour traffic. It must take a super-human kind of moron to be this stupid
WOW! This guy has taken Superman to all new level. He deserves Oscar in the category of Super Humans!
Old 9th June 2014, 13:03   #6180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Have spotted multiple specimens like these in various parts of Bangalore! What a bunch of morons!

Most Viewed