Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2014, 13:14   #6181
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Ignorance at its peak!!! I fail to understand that if he doesn't care about his life at all, at least he should care about the life of the little baby who in all faith is hanging on his shoulder. I am appalled to see this.
Old 9th June 2014, 13:35   #6182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Met this super-dad a few days ago in peak rush hour traffic. It must take a super-human kind of moron to be this stupid

Attachment 1248481
This speaks of the attitude the father has got towards the kid. This is purely suicidal. I have seen some ladies keep their little ones between their feet and riding 2 wheeler.
This guy thinks he can control brake/acceleration in one hand. Sheer Madness
Old 9th June 2014, 13:43   #6183
BHPian

A guy must be a professional moron on a gifted amateur to even think of carrying a child like that. Hope the kid doesnt learn this from his dad .
Old 9th June 2014, 13:49   #6184
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
A guy must be a professional moron on a gifted amateur to even think of carrying a child like that. Hope the kid doesnt learn this from his dad .
The kid needs to be alive in order to learn. If this excuse of a dad continues such moronic antics on the road, a fatal accident is bound to happen.
Old 9th June 2014, 13:56   #6185
BHPian

Quote:
Met this super-dad a few days ago in peak rush hour traffic. It must take a super-human kind of moron to be this stupid

Attachment 1248481
By no means he is a "super dad". An idiot of the first order and should be taken to task by his family first and then the law!
Old 9th June 2014, 14:03   #6186
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1248481
Someone please track down his address from the registration number so that we can all send him GET WELL SOON cards.
Old 9th June 2014, 14:29   #6187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1248481
Chetan, please upload this picture in Public Eye of BTP, this fellow needs a lesson, he can be penalized for dangerous driving and attempt to murder.

BTP Public Eye
Old 9th June 2014, 14:43   #6188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Chetan, please upload this picture in Public Eye of BTP, this fellow needs a lesson, he can be penalized for dangerous driving and attempt to murder.

BTP Public Eye
Done. The portal says 'check back in 7 days for update'. Let me see what they do.

I filed it under 'riding without helmet'. There was nothing listed for 'risking an infant's life and should be sterilized in public interest'.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 14:51   #6189
BHPian

A lady in my society always parks like this.Check the car in red!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20140511_082929.jpg  

Old 9th June 2014, 15:02   #6190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASMEET MATTOO View Post
A lady in my society always parks like this.Check the car in red!
That happens when you do not know the dimensions of your car plus parallel parking. Not sure if these motor driving schools teach parallel parking.
Old 9th June 2014, 15:12   #6191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
That happens when you do not know the dimensions of your car plus parallel parking. Not sure if these motor driving schools teach parallel parking.
Really man and the most irritating part is when such people do not realise that substantial part of your car is out on the road and creating inconvenience to other people driving straight. If only they realise, they will make an effort to rectify.
Old 9th June 2014, 15:23   #6192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Last week, 22nd May i think, i am going back home from office. Time is around 6.30 PM and the roads are packed as always. I had to take the left to Kanakapura Road from the Jaraganahalli Signal. Now, at this place, you will find several two wheelers crossing everyone else on the left and by driving on the Walking lanes.

I slowly trut along and am the second vehicle at the signal. I need to take a left. Signal is RED. There is NO free left. There is a two wheeler, with two young guys in front of me.

I can now go left, i can see the left sign blinking at the pole to my left. I do a gentle honk to the two wheeler, no response. I honk twice, no response. I honk just a wee bit and i get a gesture from the guy riding the two wheeler, pointing me to the RED sign in front. I gesture back that RED is for going straight and we can now go left.

He asks his co-passenger to get down and check the signal that i was pointing out to him. They exchange some words amongst themselves, but dont budge from their position and they keep laughing to themselves.

Meanwhile, there are several cars behing me honking away to glory. And finally, when the signal in front turn Green, the two wheeler, who was all along to the front and left of me, had to go straight. I am expasperated. And am thinking what else do we need to put up with in an already impatient and intolerable roads.
I am into the same problem almost everyday, as I aslo take a left turn at this signal. I don't honk because it is just another 30 seconds before this signal turns green for both straight and left turns. However, the biggest problem here is that many two wheelers usually come on the footpath along Univercell outlet and go straight when you are about to take left turn at the signal. This is suicidal but no one cares.
Old 9th June 2014, 15:52   #6193
Team-BHP Support

On the rare occasions where a footpath is actually available/usable in Bangalore and I'm on foot, I don't budge if a two-wheeler rider comes up behind me on the footpath. I've got pissed enough a couple of times to make a guy back up all the way and rejoin the road, or took his keys and handed over to a cop at the signal.

The cheek these guys have to ride on a footpath, then honk at a pedestrian to make way.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 18:22   #6194
Senior - BHPian

Most folks in our office parking make sure they park within the marked lines. Occasionally we see someone who parks straddling two slots. But this one was the height, in the way he parked straddling 4 slots, rendering 3 slots useless.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20140604_103127.jpg
supremeBaleno is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 19:32   #6195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Most folks in our office parking make sure they park within the marked lines. Occasionally we see someone who parks straddling two slots. But this one was the height, in the way he parked straddling 4 slots, rendering 3 slots useless.

Attachment 1248605
That deserves a couple of notes on the windshield (to go back to learn driving/ parking) and 4 flat tires.
vineethvazhayil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed