Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2021, 15:59   #2041
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Kannur : Route Queries

Received a call today from Kannur collectorate. The caller enquired where I came from and do I have Negative test report. I said I have vaccination certificate. She said ok, and asked me to be careful for a week.
MSAneesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 12:20   #2042
BHPian

Has anyone travelled to BLR from Kannur in the last 3-4 days? There are three views around about documents required to travel back and checkings at Iritty/ Makkuta check post (near hotel Coorg gate) as below.

1. RTPCR
2. Both doses of vaccination certificate (no RTPCR required)
3. One dose of vaccination certificate (no RTPCR required)

It will be helpful to know which one of the above is fine to travel. As of now I have received only one dose vaccination and planning to drive back on a weekday this week.

Thanks
Aravind

Last edited by Aravindpn : 5th July 2021 at 12:26. Reason: adding more data
Old 5th July 2021, 12:30   #2043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravindpn View Post
1. RTPCR
2. Both doses of vaccination certificate
3. One dose of vaccination certificate
It will be helpful to know which one of the above is fine to travel.
As of now it is extremely messed up and there are mixed opinions. There are people who had travelled belonging to all the three categories that you listed.

Bangalore - Kannur : Route Queries-whatsapp-image-20210705-10.41.03.jpeg

While the latest government circular (above) mentions one dose of vaccine is enough, the authorities at the check post seems to be not agreeing with that and mandates RTPCR -ve report, not even 2 dose vaccinations would suffice as per them. And this is as per reports coming in as of yesterday. You can challenge them quoting the government order and showing it there.

And there are people who traveled with having only one dose vaccine certificate as well.

So, it is very un predictive at the moment so just watch out how things develop closer to your travel date. Will keep posted upon hearing any updates.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 5th July 2021 at 12:32.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 12:40   #2044
BHPian

[So, it is very un predictive at the moment so just watch out how things develop closer to your travel date. Will keep posted upon hearing any updates.[/quote]

Thanks! Iam planning for this Friday. Please update if you are hearing.
Aravindpn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 14:39   #2045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravindpn View Post
[So, it is very un predictive at the moment so just watch out how things develop closer to your travel date. Will keep posted upon hearing any updates.

Thanks! Iam planning for this Friday. Please update if you are hearing.
I travelled today towards Kerala. But I stopped at the check post and enquired on the status towards KA.

Yes. Either RTPCR -ve report or two dose vaccine certificate is needed. One dose is NOT enough. Double confirmed that 2 dose certificate is enough.
balenoed_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 12:25   #2046

Hi, Was there a long line of vehicles trying to enter Karnataka? I read that there is. Could you please update us on that? And on the road condition via Makutta now that its been raining for some time. Thanks!!

Also, is there a line of vehicles to enter Kerala or is that clear? Thanks!
Old 9th July 2021, 13:44   #2047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmurthy View Post
Hi, Was there a long line of vehicles trying to enter Karnataka? I read that there is. Could you please update us on that? And on the road condition via Makutta now that its been raining for some time. Thanks!!

Last Saturday when I came in to KL, at Makkuutta, there were a few vehicles(8 to 10) queued up on the other side at KA checkpost for entry into KA. All of them were goods vans and trucks, didn't see any private car in the queue.

Towards KL side, there was no queue at all.

For road condition, please refer this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
Drove Bangalore Kuthuparamba today.

Last edited by MSAneesh : 9th July 2021 at 13:47. Reason: Added KL side queue udate
MSAneesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 14:30   #2048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Towards KA: As mentioned in above post, the line is mostly of trucks and couple of cars probably hoping that they can get across without RTPCR. I do not understand how that is possible. If you have a certificate then do not have to go behind the queue, just overtake and reach to the check post, park, show the report and move on.

Towards KL: No traffic here except there is a bottle neck due to oncoming traffic. The actual checking towards KL is at Kiliyanthara check post which is after about 3 kms from here. And there too there would'nt be much traffic.

Here is a quick view of the scene there, captured yesterday, towards KL:

The make shift shelter on the left is where you need to produce the report. I stopped a little ahead just to come back and enquire on something.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 9th July 2021 at 14:33.
balenoed_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 14:59   #2049
UMe
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Was there a long line of vehicles trying to enter Karnataka?
I think the rush depends on the time you cross the check-post. Couple of weeks back, I had crossed the check-post to enter KA side and as it was a saturday and time was about 08:00 hrs, there were just 1-2 cars and with no trucks.
UMe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 13:22   #2050
BHPian

Any latest news on the travel restriction to Karnataka...Is RT PCR mandatory to travel to Bangalore via Makutta? or Two dose vaccine certificate is enough?...Did anyone recently travel? I am planning to travel this week.

Hope RT PCR is not mandatory to return back to Kannur. I will be returning after 3-4 weeks.
Old 15th November 2021, 14:47   #2051
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoopscv View Post
Any latest news on the travel restriction to Karnataka...Is RT PCR mandatory to travel to Bangalore via Makutta? or Two dose vaccine certificate is enough?...Did anyone recently travel? I am planning to travel this week.
RTPCR is strictly checked at Makkutta to travel towards KA. Even double dose vaccination is not enough. Kids (<10yrs) are exempted though. And this is as of yesterday. Muthanga and Makkutta are probably the only interstate check post in the country where there is this checking still.

Nothing required to travel towards KL.
Old 15th November 2021, 17:39   #2052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
RTPCR is strictly checked at Makkutta to travel towards KA. Even double dose vaccination is not enough. Kids (<10yrs) are exempted though. And this is as of yesterday. Muthanga and Makkutta are probably the only interstate check post in the country where there is this checking still.

Nothing required to travel towards KL.
Seems like the Bus operators are using the Kanhangad/Sullia route to reach Bangalore and from the last one month RTPCR is not mandatory.
Old 15th November 2021, 18:15   #2053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoopscv View Post
Seems like the Bus operators are using the Kanhangad/Sullia route to reach Bangalore and from the last one month RTPCR is not mandatory.
Yes, that is the route I too drive across. Being from North KL, that is anyways preferred one for me.
Old 13th December 2021, 12:54   #2054
BHPian

I plan to drive with family - 1) from Bangalore to Kannur, 2) Kannur to Wayanad, and 3) Wayanad to Bangalore. Request some guidance from BHP-ians who are experienced in these routes.

a. For Bangalore to Kannur - is the G maps suggested route the most suitable one? (via Nelamangala - Channarayapatna - Virajpet - Makkutta Checkpost - Iritty - Kannur)/ Or, some diversions are recommended? Any key callouts on ghat region and bad/risky road conditions I should be aware?

b. For Kannur to Wayanad - is the G maps suggested route the most suitable one? (via Chala - Koothuparambu - Kolayadu - Periya - Manathavady - Wayanad)/ Or, some diversions are recommended? Any key callouts on ghat region and bad/risky road conditions I should be aware?

c. For Wayanad to Bangalore - is the G maps suggested route the most suitable one? (via Wayanad - Muthanga - Gundlupet - Mysore - Melukote - Yediyur - Nelamangala - Whitefield)/ Or, some diversions are recommended? Any key callouts on ghat region and bad/risky road conditions I should be aware?

d. Is the direct road from Mysore to Bangalore via Mandya a total no-no compared to the G maps recommended option via Melukote-Nelamangala circuit?

e. For KL entry At Makkutta checkpost - is it OK to take the risk of NOT bothering to take RTPCR certificate since both the adults in the care are double-vaccinated and will be carrying vaccination certificates? There are two kids as well - 6 yr and 1 yr. In case RTPCR is needed - does the 6 yr old need it too? (I guess 1 yr old is anyways exempted)

f. For KA entry At Muthanga checkpost - is it OK to take the risk of NOT bothering to take RTPCR certificate since both the adults in the care are double-vaccinated and will be carrying vaccination certificates? There are two kids as well - 6 yr and 1 yr. In case RTPCR is needed - does the 6 yr old need it too? (I guess 1 yr old is anyways exempted)
Old 13th December 2021, 13:25   #2055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriacc View Post
I plan to drive with family - 1) from Bangalore to Kannur, 2) Kannur to Wayanad, and 3) Wayanad to Bangalore. Request some guidance from BHP-ians who are experienced in these routes.

a. For Bangalore to Kannur - is the G maps suggested route the most suitable one? (via Nelamangala - Channarayapatna - Virajpet - Makkutta Checkpost - Iritty - Kannur)/ Or, some diversions are recommended? Any key callouts on ghat region and bad/risky road conditions I should be aware?
If you are comfortable driving on the Bangalore-Maddur-Mandya-Mysore (NH275) route with all the diversions in place as part of the road widening, that would be the shorter route.
Beyond Mysore, the route is Hunsur- Gonikoppal- Virajpet(bypass) - Makutta Ghats- Kootupuzha-Iritty - Mattanur- Kannur.

Google suggested route is longer by 40-45 kms but is in good condition almost all the way. But most of us prefer to the take the regular route after Mysore, the one I suggested. There is a short stretch of around 15kms nearing Hunsur which has potholes, but I heard that is getting patched this week.
Roads are pretty good on the Makutta ghats . Road surface is excellent once you cross on to Kerala.

Quote:
b. For Kannur to Wayanad - is the G maps suggested route the most suitable one? (via Chala - Koothuparambu - Kolayadu - Periya - Manathavady - Wayanad)/ Or, some diversions are recommended? Any key callouts on ghat region and bad/risky road conditions I should be aware?
For this, you need to first tell us which part of Wayanad you are travelling to. But nevertheless, this route is the easiest gateway to the district of Wayanad from Kannur. Again, the ghats are in good condition.

Quote:
c. For Wayanad to Bangalore - is the G maps suggested route the most suitable one? (via Wayanad - Muthanga - Gundlupet - Mysore - Melukote - Yediyur - Nelamangala - Whitefield)/ Or, some diversions are recommended? Any key callouts on ghat region and bad/risky road conditions I should be aware?
Upto Mysore, yes, the best route as suggested by google if you are starting from Kalpetta/Bathery side. If Mananthavady side, then the best route is via Bavali-HD kote-Mysore.
From Mysore, the route google suggested is longer by 30 odd kms. Again if you are ok with driving on the WIP Mysore-Maddur-Bangalore road , this is the shortest.
Quote:
d. Is the direct road from Mysore to Bangalore via Mandya a total no-no compared to the G maps recommended option via Melukote-Nelamangala circuit?
It is not all that bad, and also if you live on the south of Bangalore, it really makes less sense to take the melukote - Kunigal route over the regular route. But it also depends on the time you cross Mysore. anytime beyond 4PM, I would recommend the Nagamangala-Kunigal route. Since I live on the northern side of Bangalore, I have been taking the Nagamangala route ever since the work gained momentum on the NH 275.

Quote:
e. For KL entry At Makkutta checkpost - is it OK to take the risk of NOT bothering to take RTPCR certificate since both the adults in the care are double-vaccinated and will be carrying vaccination certificates? There are two kids as well - 6 yr and 1 yr. In case RTPCR is needed - does the 6 yr old need it too? (I guess 1 yr old is anyways exempted)
NO issues if you are double vaccinated. They do not bother about kids.

Quote:
f. For KA entry At Muthanga checkpost - is it OK to take the risk of NOT bothering to take RTPCR certificate since both the adults in the care are double-vaccinated and will be carrying vaccination certificates? There are two kids as well - 6 yr and 1 yr. In case RTPCR is needed - does the 6 yr old need it too? (I guess 1 yr old is anyways exempted)
As per the current directives, You compulsorily need an RTPCR negative report for entry into KA. Again no issues for kids. They usually do not ask.

Do feel free to PM me with phone number for any help/clarifications in Kannur.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks