Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2011, 09:51   #256
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore to Munnar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Thanks again... I will confirm the booking with them today
I had only one issue with them. While we were out walking in the garden of the resort, they got in some guests to show the room and that room turned out to be ours.
That was rude of them (More of Professional Ignorance). Because even after telling them about this, somehow they did not seem to think, they had done a grave
mistake (When all they needed was to ask permission).

Apart from that no complaints on the rooms and the location. Beautiful place.

Last edited by ampere : 21st June 2011 at 09:52.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 09:58   #257
Senior - BHPian

Wasif - i had stayed at "Blackberry" resorts. Neat place. Nothing out of the world though. The rooms and baths were clean. Food was good. Service is relaxed. Some of their rooms comes with a good view of the hills, the balconies are large and you can sit there watching the hills and the clouds and the time remails still !.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 10:10   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Wasif - i had stayed at "Blackberry" resorts. Neat place. Nothing out of the world though. The rooms and baths were clean. Food was good. Service is relaxed. Some of their rooms comes with a good view of the hills, the balconies are large and you can sit there watching the hills and the clouds and the time remails still !.
Thanks I too thougt Blackberry sounded cool but this Siena place looks out of thsi world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I had only one issue with them. While we were out walking in the garden of the resort, they got in some guests to show the room and that room turned out to be ours.
That was rude of them (More of Professional Ignorance). Because even after telling them about this, somehow they did not seem to think, they had done a grave
mistake (When all they needed was to ask permission).

Apart from that no complaints on the rooms and the location. Beautiful place.
LOL....thats funny

One question, in many of the posts on thsi thread I have read references to someting called "A2B" what is this ??? a resturant chain orsometing
Old 21st June 2011, 10:14   #259
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One question, in many of the posts on thsi thread I have read references to someting called "A2B" what is this ??? a resturant chain orsometing
Aadyar Anand Bhavan (AAB or A2B)!

That is a standard eating joint. There are two of them.
One is at Shoolagiri (before Krishnagiri) on your side going to Salem.

And there is another one near Thoppur, but on the other side of the road.

Great place for food and and ideal breakpoint but mostly crowded.

If you are heading to Munnar early morning its good to omit A2B, but break at Salem after covering quite a distance (200km).
GRT is a good place (but quite costly as its a 5 star).
Old 21st June 2011, 10:37   #260
Senior - BHPian

LOL....you guys use soo many acronyms and for those who don't live in India it becomes so flustrating not knowing what is being discussed.

Now you mentioned GRT !!!!

Likewise it took me ages to figure out ORVM is an outside rear view mirror

Is there an option to stay overning at teh Indra Gandhi National Park and do a safair drive and then continue to Munnar on the next day ?

Last edited by wasif : 21st June 2011 at 10:39.
Old 21st June 2011, 11:00   #261
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now you mentioned GRT !!!!

Is there an option to stay overning at teh Indra Gandhi National Park and do a safair drive and then continue to Munnar on the next day ?
Good one on GRT! . I just let it slip!
Unlike A2B (which I think is TBHP cooked concoction, GRT is the same as is.
Its actually G R Thangamalligai (A big jewelry chain in Chennai). They are also into hotel business and own
many 5-stars across TN (Chennai/Salem/Madurai/Yercaud/Pondicherry etc).

Its commonly known as GRT for short across the land (Unlike in TBHP alone!).

On the stay part:
You can stay at Parambikulam wild life sanctuary (WLS). But for that you need to go via Pollachi and take that route. I am not aware of any places in Udumalpet or Marayoor where you can stay. Maybe others would know.
Old 21st June 2011, 11:54   #262
Senior - BHPian

On the stay front,Edasserry East End is also an equally good one,stayed there and found them to be excellent and within the town
Old 21st June 2011, 12:06   #263
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A2B (which I think is TBHP cooked concoction,
Sorry sir, this is not a tbhp coined acronym / cooked concoction !

Adyar Ananda Bhavan's restaurant chain is branded A2B (AAB Sweets)

Last edited by NPV : 21st June 2011 at 12:07.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 12:28   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unlike A2B (which I think is TBHP cooked concoction
Nope its not. Infact their logo has A2B. Ulundurpettai Ghar Dhaba has a big A2B neon sign. I suppose even the Shoolagiri one has the same.

PS: Talking of acronyms it took me sometime to figure out OHC, NHC, ANHC here
~~~~~
Coming to wasif's query. The climb up and down is something you have to do in the day (leave time to enjoy the beauty around and clicking pictures) and not leave it to late evening/night. Especially the place around Siena gets pretty foggy even at noon.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 13:04   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Good one on GRT! . I just let it slip!

Its commonly known as GRT for short across the land (Unlike in TBHP alone!).
Actually it is branded as GRT. Check out GRT Hotels and Resorts | Radisson Chennai | Radisson Templebay Mamallapuram | Luxury hotels in chennai,Madurai, Pondicherry, Yercaud, Salem, kanchipuram, Tuticorin
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 13:37   #266
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also would appreciate help in getting a good deal on self hire cars in Bangalore. Have hired from Avis earlier but their cars are poorly maintained and the rates are pretty steep, currently quoting around 17K for the five day for a Fiesta, Any help on this front will be much appreciated.
@wasif - I came across this thread today here at tbhp discusing rental car options so i'm sure we have experienced folks who can help you:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-agencies.html

Hope this helps.
Old 21st June 2011, 13:41   #267
BHPian

Quote:

Indira Gandhi National Park is a huge area that covers Vaparai, Topslip and extends into Chinnar. Enroute from Udumalpet to Munnar, you would pass through only Chinnar. Now Chinnar borders both Tamilnadu and Kerala. The TN part falls under Indira Gandhi NP while the Kerala part under Eravikulam NP. I don't think the Tamilnadu checkpost offers any stay options. You can stop your vehicle and trek to a watch tower that is close by. But the Kerala checkpost offers options.
Please check this TBHP thread that will give you comprehensive information - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...aterfalls.html

Also you can check out the official website and contact them for the current tourism options they provide - Chinnar wildlife sanctuary, Western Ghats, Kerala, India

And a final cent - Your stay at Siena Village is actually closer when you approach from the route 1 you mentioned in your first post here. If you take the Udumalpet route, you acually have to pass through Munnar and go a 20 km further.
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 13:54   #268
Team-BHP Support

Sorry guys my mistake about A2B.
I thought its a bhp term. Since I was so used to it I did not realize that its indeed branded like A2B!

EDIT: Now that you guys mention, I also remember seeing the A2B Symbol at these joints.

Last edited by ampere : 21st June 2011 at 14:03.
Old 28th June 2011, 20:49   #269
BHPian

Friends,

Planning for a trip to Munnar from Bangalore this weekend with friends.

Planned start would be by around 7 PM from bangalore on Friday (1st July 2011).

Came across below routes in the same thread.

1. Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem - Namakkal - Karur - Dindigul - Theni - Bodinaykanur - Munnar

2. Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Bhavani - Kangayam - Dharapuram - Udumalaippettai - Maraiyoor - Munnar

3. Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Bhavani - Perundurai - Tirupur - Palladam - Udumalaippettai - Chinnar - Maraiyoor - Munnar

I am planning to take Route 1 from Bangalore (heard its 4 laned till Dindigul and route is very good till batlagundu) and return via udumalpet as I heard that it will be more scenic.

Based on current conditions, Please suggest which one will be faster in these three and which one to take for my return (route 2 or 3).

Also, I guess, I would reach Bodi at 4 AM. Are we allowed to drive the ghat section to Munnar in the nights?

I would plan my return also, based on this. My plan is to leave Munnar by 8 PM on Sunday (3rd July 2011)

Thanks in advance
Old 28th June 2011, 23:05   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
Friends,

Planning for a trip to Munnar from Bangalore this weekend with friends.

Planned start would be by around 7 PM from bangalore on Friday (1st July 2011).

Came across below routes in the same thread.

1. Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem - Namakkal - Karur - Dindigul - Theni - Bodinaykanur - Munnar

2. Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Bhavani - Kangayam - Dharapuram - Udumalaippettai - Maraiyoor - Munnar

3. Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Bhavani - Perundurai - Tirupur - Palladam - Udumalaippettai - Chinnar - Maraiyoor - Munnar

I am planning to take Route 1 from Bangalore (heard its 4 laned till Dindigul and route is very good till batlagundu) and return via udumalpet as I heard that it will be more scenic.

Based on current conditions, Please suggest which one will be faster in these three and which one to take for my return (route 2 or 3).

Also, I guess, I would reach Bodi at 4 AM. Are we allowed to drive the ghat section to Munnar in the nights?

I would plan my return also, based on this. My plan is to leave Munnar by 8 PM on Sunday (3rd July 2011)

Thanks in advance
Route 1 will be the fastest for sure. I recently did Munnar-Bodi and the road condition is GOOD.

I would not recommend either route 2 (I guess it will touch Erode where you will waste time in bypassing the city) or route 3 (Again touching Tirupur is not advisable).

If you want to do Udumalai-Maraiyoor-Munnar (definitely it is more scenic) one way, then the route for you should be,

Bangalore-Salem-Perundurai-Kangeyam-Dharapuram-Udumalpet-Maraiyoor-Munnar

Here, you will get 4L till Perundurai and the road condition after it will also be very good.

Note:- I don't think there will be restriction on ghat section between Bodi-Munnar for night. But, there will definitely be restrictions on Udumalai-Munnar ghat section as this covers the forest area.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 28th June 2011 at 23:07.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks