Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2021, 14:37   #3286
BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
When are you planning to return to Mumbai considering the current lockdown situation? I too am in Goa at present and need to decide whether to stay back till the lockdown is over or return next week.

It seems there is no mechanism for "e-pass" for this lockdown.
I returned one day before the MH lockdown came into effect and faced no problems. The situation may be different now, but at that time I was just stopped for a routine alcohol check near the KA border. Nothing else.

I took the Chorla route while going back.
Old 16th April 2021, 15:29   #3287

Quote:
When are you planning to return to Mumbai considering the current lockdown situation? I too am in Goa at present and need to decide whether to stay back till the lockdown is over or return next week.

You are right about the e-pass. I am hoping the lockdown will not be like a curfew. Planning to drive back this Sunday. I have read everywhere that you can be allowed with “valid reason”. Our valid reason is to get back home so that my wife who is a central govt employee can attend office. Keeping fingers crossed and will update the group
Sushants is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 20:46   #3288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushants View Post
You are right about the e-pass. I am hoping the lockdown will not be like a curfew. Planning to drive back this Sunday. I have read everywhere that you can be allowed with “valid reason”. Our valid reason is to get back home so that my wife who is a central govt employee can attend office. Keeping fingers crossed and will update the group
Thanks, man. I am planning to return next Thursday as of now. Your Sunday travel experience will come handy. Thanks in advance!

My reason for travel is the same that I am returning home to resume work.
Old 17th April 2021, 08:49   #3289
BHPian

Hi all, is it allowed to travel on National Highways in Maharashtra during this weekend lockdown? I am planning to travel to Goa on Sunday.
Thanks in advance.
Old 18th April 2021, 10:39   #3290
NKN
BHPian

We travelled out of Pune on 11th evening and stopped for the night at Fairfield Marriott @Belgaum. Travel was uneventful with a COVID check post coming up after Nipani which many members have mentioned above. If your destination is not within KA, they do not ask for any reports. While checking in to the hotel, they asked me for COVID test reports which luckily I was carrying.
Next morning, we proceeded to South Goa via Amnod. The road is smooth with the exception of a 5 odd km patch which had craters. Near the KA-Goa border, there was KA RTO stationed who were checking all vehicle documents including RC, Insurance, PUC for vehicles coming from both sides. We didn't face any hiccups.
NKN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 08:16   #3291

Quote:

I returned yesterday to Mumbai. Drive via Chorla route. No problem enroute. I reached mumbai around 8 PM at night - there were some nakas near Navi Mumbai who were stopping some people (could be for masks) but no one stopped us.

There is latest guideline from Police to put a yellow (if essential govt service) or green or red sticker (6 inches paper) in the front and back wind shield of the car. We were eligible for and put up the yellow sticker. However, I think getting back home in Mumbai is a good enough reason to not get stopped. The rules are meant to stop unnecessary movement of people.

Good luck to all
Sushants is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 11:01   #3292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushants View Post
I returned yesterday to Mumbai. Drive via Chorla route. No problem enroute. I reached mumbai around 8 PM at night - there were some nakas near Navi Mumbai who were stopping some people (could be for masks) but no one stopped us.
Thanks a lot for promptly updating the thread.

However, for me there is added mystery of whether COVID test is required to enter MH due to the new notification from Govt regarding sensitive states and Goa is included in it.

Will try to find out the exact requirement and update here.
Old 19th April 2021, 11:08   #3293
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for promptly updating the thread.

However, for me there is added mystery of whether COVID test is required to enter MH due to the new notification from Govt regarding sensitive states and Goa is included in it.

Will try to find out the exact requirement and update here.
I read that too but it seems that is for travel by Railways and not by road.
Trojan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 06:46   #3294

Quote:

I returned to pune from Goa yesterday and to my pleasant surprise there wasn't even a single checks. I chose Sawantwadi--> otur > azra--> nipanni > kolhapur route and there wasn't a single check posts till pune.
Machalu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 13:33   #3295
BHPian

Returned to Pune from South Goa on Wednesday. As suggested by moralfibre, took Anmod route via Belagavi and it was a good decision. The road condition was excellent except for a 8-10kms patch in the jungle area which had potholes.

Was stopped just once at KA border for alcohol check. No other check post after that. However, this was before the new restrictions which came in effect on Thursday.
Old 26th April 2021, 16:31   #3296
NKN
BHPian

Returned today(26th Apr) from South Goa to Pune via Anmod & Belagavi. Had applied earlier last week for an MH e-pass to travel on 25th which was approved late in the day. Hence decided to travel this morning.
Started at 6am and reached by 1:30pm. Given the COVID environment, we decided against any long breaks/ food breaks and completed the journey with a couple of washroom breaks. Roads across KA and MH barring the Kolhapur stretch was empty which made driving easy.
There was checking along the route, 1st one being the usual Goa exit check point where they check for alcohol in baggage. 2nd-after crossing Nipani and entering MH roads, 2 more between Kognoli toll plaza and Karad. Details around where we are coming from, destination and if we have MH e-pass was checked. No further checks once we crossed Karad. Most restaurants along the way were closed including MCD @ Kolhapur and Sai International
On the other side of the road towards Belgaum, saw multiple additional check points starting before the Wai exit, Satara, etc.. and had long queue's for private vehicles
NKN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 20:58   #3297
BHPian

Dear All
I am currently stuck in Goa and wish to return back to Pune with wife, dad (fully vaccinated with certificate of the same) and 2 kids (less than 10 yrs age)

Please could anyone help provide their guidance on below matters

1. Is an RT-PCR mandatory for all travelling (even kids and fully-vaccinated seniors?)
2. Is the RT-PCR test result required for applying an e-Pass
3. On the e-pass site I could see the starting and ending districts are only MH districts. So should I provide starting district as Sindhudurg and ending as Pune?
4. Are there any other restrictions that I should be aware of (like timing or days when we cannot travel etc.)

Any help or advise would be great. Goa is currently under lockdown till Monday so I plan to leave sometime next week (hoping the Goa lockdown gets lifted by then, not sure)

Thanks
Anand Shankar
Old 28th April 2021, 23:29   #3298
NKN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.shankar82 View Post
Dear All
I am currently stuck in Goa and wish to return back to Pune with wife, dad (fully vaccinated with certificate of the same) and 2 kids (less than 10 yrs age)

Please could anyone help provide their guidance on below matters

1. Is an RT-PCR mandatory for all travelling (even kids and fully-vaccinated seniors?)
2. Is the RT-PCR test result required for applying an e-Pass
3. On the e-pass site I could see the starting and ending districts are only MH districts. So should I provide starting district as Sindhudurg and ending as Pune?
4. Are there any other restrictions that I should be aware of (like timing or days when we cannot travel etc.)

Any help or advise would be great. Goa is currently under lockdown till Monday so I plan to leave sometime next week (hoping the Goa lockdown gets lifted by then, not sure)

Thanks
Anand Shankar
Will quote the below based on my experience
-Initially when the e-pass site opened up, there were 4 options to select as reason for travel 1)Death in family 2) Emergency medical reasons 3)Stranded 4)Emergency travel. I used the 4th option as reason while submitting the application. When I checked the site last Saturday, noticed that the options to select as reason for travel has been limited to 1 & 2. May be, you can try by selecting the latter and mention details in the comment box that you are stranded in Goa and need to travel back. On the e-pass website, you will need to update the names of all co-travelers, drivers adhaar details and Covid test result. You will need to upload copies of your adhaar and test result documents as well. There was no requirement & provision to upload these documents of co-travelers.
Again, when I drove down with family which included 2 kids, cops at the check points asked only for the e-pass and not Covid negative test results.

-The e-pass website has option only to select your start destination from within MH and final destination as cities within MH or within other states. It did not have an option to choose the other way around. There is a question which will pop up at the end asking if you are expected to return on the same route. I selected one way travel and mentioned return details as " NO".
Lastly, it is preferrable to travel during the day. Start early around 5:30 or 6am so that you can get to Pune by late afternoon and do not risk getting stuck in long queue’s owing to checking along the route. Remember that most restaurants along the route is closed owing to lock down in KA and MH. Carry adequate snacks and water given that you are travelling with kids and seniors. Be prepared to use the washrooms at fuel stations as those are the only ones easily available along the route. Hope I have been able to help with your queries
NKN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 20:59   #3299
BHPian

For travelers willing to travel from Karnataka to Bombay apply for E-pass on the online portal and save the E-token, it has been noticed that if you have E-token and valid reason to travel, the cops are understanding enough to allow you to proceed even if the E-pass has been rejected (Ensure you carry copy of your RT-PCR Test results which should not be older than 72 Hours).

Allow me to share my experience. Might be helpful for travelers planning to travel from Karnataka to Maharashtra .

Had to attend wedding of my brother in law in Karwar. We left Bombay on 22nd April this was before the E- Pass rule came into enforcement. We were three travelers myself, wife and 6 year old son. Had negative RT-PCR reports with us. Were stopped only once at Karnataka border, were allowed to proceed after showing the Test reports.

We had planned to return back on 7th May. Checked the E-pass portal but there was not option for travelers coming from other states to enter Maharashtra. On checking with local police station in Karwar, they denied any help as there were no E-pass system in Karnataka. Discussed our predicament with one of my friend who works in Thane RTO, he told that apply for E-pass from Kolhapur to Bombay and you will be good to go. We applied for E-pass under emergency category and mentioned in remarks column the true reason for travel. Only two categories were active as highlighted by NKN in previous post.

https://covid19.mhpolice.in/registration

Applied for the E-pass on 6th May and received the E-token (The application was by the way rejected when we checked the status late at night), however we decided to proceed as we were all packed up and ready to head back home.

Left early morning at 6.30 am on 7th took the Karwar, Mollem, Belgaum, Nipani, Kolhapur, Pune route. We were stopped once when entering Karnataka border from goa for alcohol check, no check after that in Karnataka. On entering Maharashtra there were multiple check posts first at Kagal then at Karad, Satara and last one near Kharghar when entering navi mumbai. We were stopped only at Kagal where we informed the officer that as we were entering from Karnataka we had applied for E-pass from Kolhapur to Bombay, we were allowed to proceed after showing the E-token.

Due to lockdown, traffic was nonexistent and we made rapid progress to reach home by 5.30 pm . Below is snapshot of the Token we received on applying for E-pass.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-whatsapp-image-20210506-16.37.11-1.jpeg  

SILVER-ARROW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 14:06   #3300
BHPian

Hi Forum members,

Planning a vacation in Goa this Diwali, provided lockdowns are lifted, and travel is allowed.

Looking for recommendations on self-catering accommodations to book in advance. When I was looking for this last year Saudades Homestay was recommended by many forum members.

Unfortunately, I am not able to book Saudades on any travel portal anymore, maybe they stopped operating for some time.

So I am looking for other safe family-friendly self-catering accommodations for our Goa vacation. We are not too fussy about the location as long as its not too far from the beach. South Goa is good, and so is the north, like Vagator Anjuna etc.

Please let me know if you have any pointers for the same.

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks